Official Trade Rumors Thread

Kiyaman

Legend
NYK trying to get a 1st round pick for KOQ....

And.... according to rotoworld:

The Knicks have liked Nemanja Bjelica for a while and inquired about his availability in Derrick Rose talks, according to Jeff Zillgitt of USA Today.

Much to the dismay of Wolves fans, the Rose talks look like they'll continue through the deadline. Coach Tom Thibodeau was going to entertain the idea of playing Bjelica at the three, but it just hasn't happened to limit his minutes. If the Knicks are selling and possibly shut players down, Bjelica could get a slight bump in value with a deal. Obviously fantasy owners can stand pat here.

I would not be surprise if the Spurs offered their late first round pick for Quinn ..
Or the Wolves send a future first round pick for Quinn

mafra

Legend
Isola says expect NYK to sit still through deadline:

"As of now, Shved represents the only player Jackson has added to the Knicks roster at the February deadline. To recap, Jackson arrived one month after the trading deadline in 2014 and last season he elected to stand pat despite the team headed for a third straight losing season.

But better dead than Shved isn't necessarily a bad thing as Jackson enters Thursday with another chance to upgrade the roster. Considering Phil's recent track record - Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah, Courtney Lee, Brandon Jennings - these are dangerous hours indeed for the Knicks."

Article basically says Phil is hesitant to do a swap of Rubio for Rose.... wants more.

Still, if Magic can be on the job for 1 days and trade a bench player for a 1st rounder.... I'll be disappointed if NYK doesn't get a 1st for one of their players.

tiger0330

Legend
Thibs was quoted as saying Wed. that he doesn't see a deal that makes sense dampening expectations about that Drose for Rubio trade. PJ asking for a 1st probably didn't help. If DRose is not traded by the deadline the only way the Knicks win that trade with the Bulls is to sign him in the off season on a decent contract. If he's insisting on a 150M/5YRS let him walk.

Thibs was quoted as saying Wed. that he doesn't see a deal that makes sense dampening expectations about that Drose for Rubio trade. PJ asking for a 1st probably didn't help. If DRose is not traded by the deadline the only way the Knicks win that trade with the Bulls is to sign him in the off season on a decent contract. If he's insisting on a 150M/5YRS let him walk.

He will be looking for a huge deal like that and that's why he needs to go. Rose is going to play out of his mind the last month of the season looking for his huge payday and he is going to stinkbomb our chances at as high a lottery pick as possible

mafra

Legend
Rose will be dealt today. He has too. NY would be fools to keep him. They obviously won't be re-signing him, and teams want him.... if Phil can't get a first rounder for Rose he should be fired. I understand the contract makes it tough to deal.... still....

As for Melo, Hornachek better be told that Melo plays no more than 28 minutes and he should be benched most 4th quarters.

We have nothing to play for but a high lottery pick.... no reason having Melo spoil this with a few
Meaningless wins. And, if Melo is here next season, then might as well save some mileage and keep him fresh.

Playa2

Benchwarmer
Reggie did great with OKC during Westbrook injury, so well Durant won the MVP.
When it comes to coach SVG .. Reggie Jackson and Drummond are on the trading block

By the time he forced his way out of OKC he was hated. His team held a players only meeting for the Pistons because of him. There is a lot of history of not getting along with teammates and coaches.

When Russell went down, Reggie played very well for OKC. Scott Brooks approached him and was very complimentary about his play and told him he did a great job filling in for Russ. Reggie responded by saying he was still going to be the starter when Westbrook was back. Brooks, tried to explain that it's Russell Westbrook and Reggie didn't get it. Made a huge deal out of the whole thing. Writing messages on his game day shoes and became a huge disruption. Which led to him being traded to the Pistons.
By all inside accounts he is a tremendous pain in the ass and locker room divider.

Kiyaman

Legend
Phil Jackson should be FIRED on March 1st if Melo is not traded!
I'm tired of ISO-Melo controlling the ball on the majority of our offensive plays ..
I'm tired of watching ISO-Melo standing around when other teammates shoot the ball ..
I'm tired of watching ISO-Melo poor defensive-effort, and not running back on defense ..
I'm tired of watching ISO-Melo poor 4th quarter performance dominating the ball !!!

PG Derrick Rose has not showed one performance of lifting his teammates offensive performance in 57 games in the season, plus Rose performance remind me of ex-Knicks isolation ball-stopper PG Starbury .. I don't mean the 360 change-game winning Marbury in China.

Trading ISO-Melo and ISO-Rose tonight on the deadline for a couple of draft picks will make the Knicks a future WINNER .. to develop Keepers throughout remainder of the season, plus draft two nice players, and sign two nice veteran starters in the offseason.

Kiyaman

Legend
By the time he forced his way out of OKC he was hated. His team held a players only meeting for the Pistons because of him. There is a lot of history of not getting along with teammates and coaches.

When Russell went down, Reggie played very well for OKC. Scott Brooks approached him and was very complimentary about his play and told him he did a great job filling in for Russ. Reggie responded by saying he was still going to be the starter when Westbrook was back. Brooks, tried to explain that it's Russell Westbrook and Reggie didn't get it. Made a huge deal out of the whole thing. Writing messages on his game day shoes and became a huge disruption. Which led to him being traded to the Pistons.
By all inside accounts he is a tremendous pain in the ass and locker room divider.

All that maybe true .. the truth were no one gave Reggie Jackson props for replacing Harden and Westbrook by having an outstanding season performance. OKC rewarded Reggie Jackson by trading him to a losing mismanagement Detroit Piston team.
I recall watching PG-Skip take coach SVG to two playoff seasons, and each time the team refuse to resign PG-Skip after the playoff.

tiger0330

Legend
Noel to Dallas for Bogut, Anderson and a conditional 1st. Bogut's stock has really fallen since being a part of that Warriors championship squad.

I guess Okafor is staying now that Noel has been traded.

I could see Philly still trading Okafor, because, after all, it's Philly.

Seriously though, I thought Hinkie got forced out for doing stuff like this every year. Okafor is a disappointment and on the block and Embiid is hurt again and they trade Noel for a conditional 1st and at least 1 player who they are either going to trade for more picks or buyout

Woj just posted a couple minutes ago that the Twolves remain in talks with several teams to move Rubio. Bad for us since it would be better if we were the only team willing to take Rubio, good for us since it seems Thibs' hand was tipped long ago and he really wants Rose. I can't believe the Twolves really want to force Towns and Wiggins to play with Rose who has done virtually nothing this year to show he wants to facilitate others in an offense.

On other fronts, I hope PJ has gotten deep into discussions regarding other trades with guys like Jennings and O'Quinn, who could potentially net us 1st round picks under the right conditions. I've given up hope that he is going to find a way to move Melo without getting fleeced if the DeMarcus Cousins deal was any indication.

mafra

Legend
The Clippers and Knicks have discussed a trade involving Courtney Lee, according to ESPN's Ian Begley.
The Knicks are reportedly looking for draft picks, which the Clippers don't have, so it's unclear how far these discussions have gone. Lee would be a nice real-world addition to the Clippers but it wouldn't help his fantasy stock.

mafra

Legend
If these were his final hours as a Knick, Derrick Rose went out calling the triangle offense ?random basketball?? while praising his former coach, Tom Thibodeau, with whom he could soon be reunited.

Speaking in the visitors? locker room in Cleveland with the clock ticking on the 3 p.m. trade deadline, a downbeat Rose said he?s ?prepared?? to be traded but is not calling his agent.

?I?d drive myself crazy if I was to try to keep in touch with [my agent] or keep tabs of what?s going on,?? Rose said Thursday. ?I?m prepared what the decision is. It?s a business. I?m just waiting to see what they?re going to do and decision they?ll make.??

It?s a different offense,?? Rose said Thursday morning. ?As a point guard, you?re always in the corner and just got to play off reads and play that way. It?s new for everybody here. I get all my points off random baskets. Unless you see it go to the post, all the other stuff is just random basketball.??

Rose is used to Thibodeau?s pick-and-roll attack, and sources indicated that?s why the Wolves coach wants him back: to show the other players how his system is run. Rose is a free agent, and Minnesota would get the edge on re-signing him. Rubio has two years left on his deal after this season, and Jackson would be forced into letting the Spaniard run the team. With four other European players on the club, it could be billed as a cultural and basketball fit.

?Great coach ? I haven?t had the time to think about the opportunity to play there,?? Rose said about Thibodeau. ?I?m here. We have a game today. He was a great guy, great coach. Learned a lot from him and won a lot when we were together.?

One person familiar with the Wolves? thinking told The Post on Wednesday: ?Ricky is very intelligent. Thibs lets him call plays. But Tom needs a scorer, and that never will be Rubio. Rose is not a cerebral player like Rubio, but Thibs was able to mask his weaknesses. Ricky is a very smart player, but he?s not a scorer. I think it?s an upgrade for what Phil wants to do.??

Rose?s point, without stating it outright, is that his skills as a penetrator can be wasted in triangle sets. The Knicks (23-34) also use an early offense, but they seem to be trying to do more triangle sets since the losing has gotten out of hand.

?I just want to do my job and be a professional about it wherever I?m at,?? Rose said.

tiger0330

Legend
Aldridge just said on NBA TV the DRose deal is on the fence but in a Kiss of Death for the deal he adds that "He thinks it gets done". Just like he was absolutely positive the Sixers were moving Okafor. Him and Broussard are bozo's.

mafra

Legend
Ricky Rubio is practicing prior to the trade deadline on Thursday.
There's not much information to be gleaned here, but at a minimum it doesn't sound like a Rubio trade has already been agreed upon. The Knicks have repeatedly been mentioned as suitors for Rubio, possibly in a deal involving Derrick Rose, and we won't have to wait much longer to learn his fate.

mafra

Legend
I have a feeling BOS trades for George. Paul wants to go to LA when he's a free agent.... Indy would be smart to get a nice package.... get a top PG in this draft to put with their young BIG. Sounds like Ainge has targeted PAul as well.

mafra

Legend
According to Frank Isola of the NY Daily News, the Thunder are nearing a deal to acquire Doug McDermott.
The proposed deal would likely include Andre Roberson and Cameron Payne from the Thunder, so McDermott could potentially be the starting small forward in OKC. If you have a roster spot and need 3-pointers, McDermott is now firmly on the radar as a pickup. He's averaging 1.3 triples in 24.5 minutes per game for the Bulls.

I have a feeling BOS trades for George. Paul wants to go to LA when he's a free agent.... Indy would be smart to get a nice package.... get a top PG in this draft to put with their young BIG. Sounds like Ainge has targeted PAul as well.

If you're Boston, you give Indiana whatever it takes to get George, including the Brooklyn pick. Celtics with George could beat Lebron and the Cavs in my opinion.

If you're Indiana, no way you trade George. He is a cornerstone player and he is only 26. Even a number 1 overall pick in the draft won't mean you get a better player than George over the next 5 to 7 years

Just read on Woj's Twitter that the Cavs are now looking to trade Kyrie Irving since he said the "world is flat".

Let's do this! Melo for Kyrie Irving!