Official Trade Rumors Thread

tiger0330

Legend
Congratulations, Kiyaman for KO forum's 300.000th post!! :jump:
Thanks for being part of this throughout all these years! :beer:
Congrats to Kiya and Rady for reaching 300K.

There's a guy on ClutchFans that has 101,000 posts so he makes us look slackers at KOL.

mafra

Legend
Rubio is an awful, just awful, shooter and like Kiya already said, generally poor defensive player. On the plus side, he doesn't shoot much and is a very good passer. A trade of Rose for Rubio better include something else nice for us, otherwise what's the point.

"New York has a team-worst defensive rating of 111.7 points allowed per 100 possessions with Rose on the court. In contrast, it?s allowing just 104.8 points per 100 possessions when Rose comes off the court.

Thus, while Rose may have his strengths, defense is a glaring weakness that has severely damage the Knicks? postseason odds in 2016-17.

As for Rubio, he?s regarded as one of the best defensive players at his position. He finished in the Top 2 amongst point guards in Defensive Real Plus-Minus in every season between 2013-14 and 2015-16, and is still Top 10 in 2016-17 despite the tumultuous nature of his current situation.

Rubio has elite size, active hands, and a proven track record of defending with tenacity?traits that New York desperately needs at his position."

Not sure where people get the idea that Rubio is a poor defensive player? Stats say he's far from poor, that he's actually impactful.

Rubio passes and is an asset on defense. Sounds just like the sort of PG KP & Melo need.

mafra

Legend
I'm with Broadway tho....
Let's shoot for Shabaaz plus Rubio, or Rubio and a 1st... there will be demand for Rose bc of his unique skill to get to the rim.... now that NO made its move, Minny will be more desperate to do something so they can procure the 8th seed (and get their kids some valuable playoff run)....

We should be able to get a 1st bc we'll have to absorb money to match salaries....

"Rose currently ranks No. 3 in the NBA in points via drives per game. He?s shooting 53.0 percent from the field on drives, which is higher than all but one player who ranks in the Top 5 in volume: Toronto Raptors star DeMar DeRozan.

Rose may not test well in the advanced metrics, but his ability to create penetration at finish at the rim would be invaluable in the playoffs"

"New York has a team-worst defensive rating of 111.7 points allowed per 100 possessions with Rose on the court. In contrast, it?s allowing just 104.8 points per 100 possessions when Rose comes off the court.

Thus, while Rose may have his strengths, defense is a glaring weakness that has severely damage the Knicks? postseason odds in 2016-17.

As for Rubio, he?s regarded as one of the best defensive players at his position. He finished in the Top 2 amongst point guards in Defensive Real Plus-Minus in every season between 2013-14 and 2015-16, and is still Top 10 in 2016-17 despite the tumultuous nature of his current situation.

Rubio has elite size, active hands, and a proven track record of defending with tenacity?traits that New York desperately needs at his position."

Not sure where people get the idea that Rubio is a poor defensive player? Stats say he's far from poor, that he's actually impactful.

Rubio passes and is an asset on defense. Sounds just like the sort of PG KP & Melo need.

I don't watch a lot of Minny, but when I have watched, he doesn't look very good defensively to me. Does this one stat really prove anything or does it just suit how Rubio plays?

For what it's worth, I just checked this stat from last season and Rubio is 8th and Jeremy Lin is 12th for PGs and Lin is a terrible defensive player

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
I don't watch a lot of Minny, but when I have watched, he doesn't look very good defensively to me. Does this one stat really prove anything or does it just suit how Rubio plays?

For what it's worth, I just checked this stat from last season and Rubio is 8th and Jeremy Lin is 12th for PGs and Lin is a terrible defensive player

I've seen that he plays very solid team defense.... he may struggle with some
matchups but he certainly takes pride in trying to defend. Rubio' career average for steals is 2.2 per game (Rose's is 0.8).

To be clear, I don't favor a straight up swap.... but if Minny throws in Shabaaz or a 1st.... then i make this trade.

Last edited:
matchups but he certainly takes pride in trying to defend. Rubio' career average for steals is 2.2 per game (Rose's is 0.8).

To be clear, I don't favor a straight up swap.... but if Minny throws in Shabaaz or a 1st.... then i make this trade.

Yeah, that would be a good deal. I just hope we walk away from the trade deadline with something of value.

tiger0330

Legend

Rubio is a solid defender, his problem is he can't shoot and the lack of success the team has had since he's been there. Thibs might give up a second to make this deal but the Knicks are not getting a first or Shabazz. Maybe if the deal expands to taking on another bad contract like Pekovic you might get a first and a second along with Rubio but a Rubio/DRose trade doesn't net you a first imo.

tiger0330

Legend
http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-k...s-keeping-hope-of-carmelo-anthony-trade-alive

Basically says Rose, KOQ, and BJ drawing interest. LAC and BOS still sniffing around Melo, who most believe will either wait until summer to waive his NTC, when he has time to pack up his family, or will simply stay and refuse to give Jax the satisfaction that he ran CA out of town.
A lot of Knicks fans are saying that they don't want Rubio for 2 more years and just let DRose's contract expire, it irks me just like the TC and JR, Shump trades that we gave up Rolo and Grant for Holiday if we don't get something back for DRose. I've never been a fan of Ricky but at least he's a warm body that can defend and pass the rock for 2 more seasons. He'd actually be a better fit with DET than with us, Reggie Jackson in the O&B anyone?

mafra

Legend
The Wizards will acquire Bojan Bogdanovic and Chris McCullough in a trade with the Nets, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical.
The Nets will get back Andrew Nicholson, Marcus Thornton and a 2017 first-round pick. The Wizards lost out on the Lou Williams sweepstakes, so they'll go after the next easy trade target out there. Bogdanovic's playing time was really trending up with 29.4 minutes per game in February, averaging 15.1 points, 5.3 boards, 1.6 assists and 1.7 treys. Obviously his value will be falling off a cliff in fantasy. Meanwhile, guys like Caris LeVert, Sean Kilpatrick, Joe Harris and Thornton should all be looking to pick up some of that playing time. Most owners can take a wait-and-see approach, especially with Jeremy Lin likely to return.

Kiyaman

Legend

Someone need to give the response above post on Rubio defense to head-coach Thibs who happen to be the one that wants Rubio traded.
Myself, I will admit i was a fan of Rubio when he entered the NBA, Rubio creative-passing is dynamic but Rubio defensive-effort got weaker n weaker each season in the league to where each Wolves opponent would pick off Rubio to defend their slasher for a easy two points, the Knicks won both games last season having Affalo n Galloway slashing to the basket when Rubio defended them.
Bringing Rubio to a no-defense Knicks team will not result in Knicks wins for the future

Kiyaman

Legend
A lot of Knicks fans are saying that they don't want Rubio for 2 more years and just let DRose's contract expire, it irks me just like the TC and JR, Shump trades that we gave up Rolo and Grant for Holiday if we don't get something back for DRose. I've never been a fan of Ricky but at least he's a warm body that can defend and pass the rock for 2 more seasons. He'd actually be a better fit with DET than with us, Reggie Jackson in the O&B anyone?

I would take Reggie Jackson as our Knicks starter over Rubio and Rose everyday of the week ..
especially keeping Jennings as our back-up PG

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
I thought the Sixers were keeping Jahil when they lifted his playing restriction last week but David Aldridge said the Sixers were positively moving him by Thursday. Lakers are interested along with Kings and Pacers among other teams, he's drawing a lot of interest, probably more than Cousins.

mafra

Legend
NYK trying to get a 1st round pick for KOQ....

And.... according to rotoworld:

The Knicks have liked Nemanja Bjelica for a while and inquired about his availability in Derrick Rose talks, according to Jeff Zillgitt of USA Today.

Much to the dismay of Wolves fans, the Rose talks look like they'll continue through the deadline. Coach Tom Thibodeau was going to entertain the idea of playing Bjelica at the three, but it just hasn't happened to limit his minutes. If the Knicks are selling and possibly shut players down, Bjelica could get a slight bump in value with a deal. Obviously fantasy owners can stand pat here.

Kiyaman

Legend
Tiger .. The 76er's has a few upcoming young big-men on their roster .. Embiid, Saric, Okafor, Holmes, and Noels .. all 5 young big-men has the capability to give a double-double in 24 minute on any given night.

The 76ers has the Big-Men to be a winning team .. the 76ers are in need of a starter scoring wing player (Butler), and a experience starter PG (Reggie Jackson) to become a legit playoff team.

Playa2

Benchwarmer
I would take Reggie Jackson as our Knicks starter over Rubio and Rose everyday of the week ..
especially keeping Jennings as our back-up PG

I hear that Reggie is a problem in the locker room with his teammates, 1st with the Thunder, now the Pistons.

Kiyaman

Legend
I hear that Reggie is a problem in the locker room with his teammates, 1st with the Thunder, now the Pistons.

Reggie did great with OKC during Westbrook injury, so well Durant won the MVP.
When it comes to coach SVG .. Reggie Jackson and Drummond are on the trading block

Kiyaman

Legend
The Rockets are sending Corey Brewer and a first-round pick to the Lakers for Lou Williams, league source tells

The Pelicans are in the process of signing Hollis Thompson to a 10-day contract, league sources say ..

Houston covets Iman Shumpert, but the Cavs want Patrick Beverley. And @calvinwatkins reports that Houston doesn't want to surrender Beverley ..

Washington has shown interest in Minnesota's Shabazz Muhammad, according to league sources, as the Wiz continue to search for bench upgrades ..

Can confirm Hawks are sending Tiago Splitter & 2nd rounder to Phily for Ersan Ilyasova. Teams will also swap 2nds ..

Chicago has continued to push on a trade for 76ers center Jahlil Okafor, league sources tell ..

Nets are sending Bogdanovic and Chris McCullough to the Wizards for Andrew Nicholson and a 2017 first-round pick ..

Broadway

All Star
I thought the Sixers were keeping Jahil when they lifted his playing restriction last week but David Aldridge said the Sixers were positively moving him by Thursday. Lakers are interested along with Kings and Pacers among other teams, he's drawing a lot of interest, probably more than Cousins.

It's a matter of where with him...either Indy or Chicago

This just happened