2017 NBA Playoffs

tiger0330

Legend
Another close game here.
Cavs won but they have developed a habit of letting teams back in late in the games, someone is going to take advantage of that in the playoffs sometime. A Cavs team that gets knocked off in the EC playoffs may want to trade for Melo though I think Griffin would be looking for a big man and not Melo.

mafra

Legend
The Cleveland Cavaliers narrowly escaped the Indiana Pacers in Game 1 of the playoffs, pulling off a 109-108 win when the Pacers missed a shot at the buzzer to win it.

With just seconds remaining, Paul George passed to C.J. Miles when LeBron James doubled him at the top of the key. Miles, the open man, attempted a fade-away jumper at the buzzer that missed.

After the game, George chided the decision, saying, "I talked to CJ about it. In situations like that, I gotta get the last shot. I was asking for it. CJ took it upon himself." George said he trusts Miles but would prefer to take the shot himself.

LeBron James, however, had a great response to George's criticism, saying George made the right play and he should live with the result.

"I can only speak for myself. When you're doubling me, I'm giving it up. That's me. I don't know how everybody else feels about that, but if you get a double, I think we all know math in here: There's two guys on the ball, and that means there's a 4-on-3. You have your numbers. So if you're the best player on the floor, that doesn't mean you have to take the shot. I think he made the right play, and you live with the results."

George certainly made the right decision by passing to Miles, but criticizing Miles for not giving the ball back certainly won't inspire faith in the Pacers locker room. James, who has been wrongly criticized in the past for passing the ball to the open man on game-deciding shots, certainly understands that putting trust in teammates and living with the results is sometimes the best way to operate.

mafra

Legend
BTW.... Paul George is 0-15 when taking a go ahead shot with less than 20 seconds left. I believe Chauncey Billups mentioned this on espn.

Broadway

All Star
The Cleveland Cavaliers narrowly escaped the Indiana Pacers in Game 1 of the playoffs, pulling off a 109-108 win when the Pacers missed a shot at the buzzer to win it.

With just seconds remaining, Paul George passed to C.J. Miles when LeBron James doubled him at the top of the key. Miles, the open man, attempted a fade-away jumper at the buzzer that missed.

After the game, George chided the decision, saying, "I talked to CJ about it. In situations like that, I gotta get the last shot. I was asking for it. CJ took it upon himself." George said he trusts Miles but would prefer to take the shot himself.

LeBron James, however, had a great response to George's criticism, saying George made the right play and he should live with the result.

"I can only speak for myself. When you're doubling me, I'm giving it up. That's me. I don't know how everybody else feels about that, but if you get a double, I think we all know math in here: There's two guys on the ball, and that means there's a 4-on-3. You have your numbers. So if you're the best player on the floor, that doesn't mean you have to take the shot. I think he made the right play, and you live with the results."

George certainly made the right decision by passing to Miles, but criticizing Miles for not giving the ball back certainly won't inspire faith in the Pacers locker room. James, who has been wrongly criticized in the past for passing the ball to the open man on game-deciding shots, certainly understands that putting trust in teammates and living with the results is sometimes the best way to operate.

Bad move by him publicly but I actually agree with PG13 only with the exception of how locked in offensively he's been the past month and particularly the last 4gms against the Cavs. He should've kept this in house and it's not like he's a selfish basketball player/teammate. He gave the ball up with 5sec remaining...if Miles immediately passes it back give to get fashion PG13 had enough time to catch and redirect dribble back to his right and pull up for a shot. Would he make it, well who knows and statistically speaking he hasn't been good in those situations but he's been clutch against Cleveland as of recent.

The Pacers came back and played the Cavs tough in Game 2, doesn't appear to be any issues with their competitive fire/faith in beating them. Really PG13 has been on a incredible playoff output past 2yrs, might be a good idea to see how heroic he can be if I'm a Pacer. With that said DO NOT PLAY GAMES DOWN TO A FINAL POSSESSION TO DETERMINE OUTCOME!!!

I've been saying this for yrs

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
MEM coach kissed bc Randolph didn't shoot a FT and KL shot over 20.

$25,000 is probably gonna Fizzdale, he's only asking for a sweep. I get what he's trying to do but it will NEVER work. The rant was rich though :teeth:

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
I'm warming up to them representing the West due to the Kawhi factor and history of being able to MOP UP Lebron should they both meet again.
Got to get past the Dubs before they get to the Cavs who might not even be there if they don't clean up their 4th qtr act.

Best thing that could happen for the league is if the Spurs make it to the finals over the Warriors but that's an awful tall order for them.

Kiyaman

Legend

Paul George did the right thing, and the quick double-team on Miles gave him only one option, shoot!

Now Melo, dribbling the clock down being double-team then triple team then throwing the ball to Jefferies on the perimeter with 3 seconds left in Melo's first playoff game as a Knicks in 2011 .. need answers.

tiger0330

Legend
Paul George did the right thing, and the quick double-team on Miles gave him only one option, shoot!

Now Melo, dribbling the clock down being double-team then triple team then throwing the ball to Jefferies on the perimeter with 3 seconds left in Melo's first playoff game as a Knicks in 2011 .. need answers.
PG made the right play passing the ball with that soft double by Lebron and CJ made the right play shooting it with the time he had left so why is PG talking about it smh.

Nice stroll down memory lane, amazing you, Mafra, Chief and Broadway remember all this.

tiger0330

Legend
Celts tie it with Rolo out of the game. He's back in now Chi up 40-38 6 mins left in the 2nd. Lets see if they can open that lead with him back.

tiger0330

Legend
54-46 Bulls at the half, Ainge screwed the pooch not getting rebounding help at the trade deadline. Bullies look like a different team since the regular season. They found another gear.

tiger0330

Legend
Rolo hitting those 15-18 ft'ers 8-11 18pts. Next year I bet they turn him loose like the Nets did with Brook and he starts shooting 3s.

mafra

Legend
Like I said all year, BOS is as far away from a title as PHI and NYK. They have no chance.... they need to decide.... deal vets (Crowder, IT, Al) and sign kids and truly hope to get lucky in lottery or they need to deal their picks and make a run with the vets.

Trying to compete and build thru draft will guarantee they win nada.