2017 NBA Playoffs

tiger0330

Legend
Rondo took the whole regular season off it seems and said the playoffs are the only thing that matters. To think Hoiberg benched the guy.

Broadway

All Star
Like I said all year, BOS is as far away from a title as PHI and NYK. They have no chance.... they need to decide.... deal vets (Crowder, IT, Al) and sign kids and truly hope to get lucky in lottery or they need to deal their picks and make a run with the vets.

Trying to compete and build thru draft will guarantee they win nada.

I'm not a fan of this but Phil said during the post-season press conference he's trying to do both or thinks it can be done, so...

I think Ainge felt with the Nets pick in hand he had another yr to put off going for a major move. Being that they still have the pick, he can make any move he may have been hesitant to make at the deadline this off-season. Nothing has changed other than asking prices might go up slightly but they're well equipped to make a deal. If they end up losing this series it becomes a little more clear what they should/could get done.

The way they Cs are falling behind in this series primarily getting killed on the boards and defense. What trade was out there to solve this issue? Gutting the team for Butler/George only assures they'd remain a Top 4 team with a punchers chance to reach the mountain top.

Broadway

All Star
Rondo took the whole regular season off it seems and said the playoffs are the only thing that matters. To think Hoiberg benched the guy.

I was on Hoiberg all yr for taking his frustrations out on Rondo and not playing the kids. He was probably headed towards the chopping block this summer had he not relented here

mafra

Legend
Jaxson is a fool, and that's obvious now for all the world to see. But, to defend him a bit, and to forgive a rookie for being naive and inexperienced, the Knicks had 1 first round pick the first 3 years (when he signed on). Melo wasn't far removed from his near MVP season. Anyway, he really had no choice bc letting Melo walk wouldn't help much bc the org had no draft picks....

I think Phil truly believed Melo could make this team a second round playoff team.... he believed as much even this time last year. I think he thought that bringing in Noah to be a leader and Lee-Rose to compliment Melo....

Anyway, the Knicks really couldn't rebuild Pj's first 3 years.... and he compounded this by missing on whiteside and not getting crowder. He also missed on the THjr and Grant picks...

I have zero faith.... but the man still has 2 summers to change his legacy as an exec. Now it's obvious it's time to rebuild.... let's see what he does.

I do agree with you in Ainge tho.... he could afford to wait until this summer to decide. Maybe guys raise their stock in the playoffs, maybe teams desire their pick more when they find out exactly what it is..... so, yeah, he has every right to be patient. But, like Phil, this is a HUGE summer for BOS.... I really look forward to seeing if he commits to a definitive direction.

Ainge was smart enough to know even if they somehow won the EC, which he had to know was never happening, even if he dealt for Butler, Ibaka and Melo.... BOs wasn't going to beat GSW.

Kiyaman

Legend
Not taking anything away from the Bulls .. butt .. Isaiah Thomas should have taken the first two or three games off!
Condolence to Isaiah Thomas' sister, Chyna Thomas RIP

Kiyaman

Legend
The Bucks let them self down the final minute of the game .. letting Raptors tie the series at 1-1
I thought the game were going into OT

jimkcchief88

All Star
54-46 Bulls at the half, Ainge screwed the pooch not getting rebounding help at the trade deadline. Bullies look like a different team since the regular season. They found another gear.

All season long the Bullies have played to thier competition. It's driven thier fans crazy, but the Bulls are the most dangerous playoff team. They lose to bad teams( like us), but beat the CAvs, Toronto, Celtics, even the good teams out west. I'm on the bandwagon go Bulls!

tiger0330

Legend
All season long the Bullies have played to thier competition. It's driven thier fans crazy, but the Bulls are the most dangerous playoff team. They lose to bad teams( like us), but beat the CAvs, Toronto, Celtics, even the good teams out west. I'm on the bandwagon go Bulls!
I was surprised they made the playoffs after we beat them and they traded Taj and McBuckets for 3 guys that don't even play.

They looked like the better team against the Celts. It always amazed me how a little guy like Isiah gets so many of his points on layups but the Bulls seemed have figured out how to stop him, if they can keep that up they have this series in the bag.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I was surprised they made the playoffs after we beat them and they traded Taj and McBuckets for 3 guys that don't even play.

They looked like the better team against the Celts. It always amazed me how a little guy like Isiah gets so many of his points on layups but the Bulls seemed have figured out how to stop him, if they can keep that up they have this series in the bag.

Taj had an expiring contract and mcbuckets had unpreformed. I don't think they were expecting Portis to make the most of his expanded role and no doubt Rolo has been a revelation.

tiger0330

Legend
Haven't watched any of the Wiz/Atl games, probably catch the game after the Rox/OKC game. I was just about to write that I thought the Rox were just ready to take the lead on OKC despite being down all game and they just took the lead 99-98. Russ got the lead back with a 12 ft'er and then Harden euro steps Kanter for a layup to get the lead back.

Looks like this is going to go down to the end.

Broadway

All Star
Westbrook faded in the end but if it wasn't for him, OKC would've got blown out. Westbrook should've used the clock more later in the 4th and attacked the rim.

tiger0330

Legend
That looks like it. Gordon knocks down a long 3 and then OKC goal tends a break away layup bu Gordon; 10 pt lead by the Rox.

tiger0330

Legend
Westbrook faded in the end but if it wasn't for him, OKC would've got blown out. Westbrook should've used the clock more later in the 4th and attacked the rim.
Took 43 shots for his 51 and was only 2-11 from downtown and missed wide open ones at the end of the game. Reggie said this game has to hurt since they were in control for over 3 quarters.