2017 NBA Playoffs

mafra

Legend
Melo is a HOF scorer.... one of the best in history. The two times he played with decent talent, his teams did well. He's never had talent around him....
However, this is partially his fault..... he forced NY to gut the team, he didn't play well with others (see Jeremy Lin) and he failed to attract free agent help.

Broadway

All Star
Melo is a HOF scorer.... one of the best in history. The two times he played with decent talent, his teams did well. He's never had talent around him....
However, this is partially his fault..... he forced NY to gut the team, he didn't play well with others (see Jeremy Lin) and he failed to attract free agent help.

That's not true, matter of fact quite the contrary. Once again though this is a playoff thread so be mindful of this guys

Broadway

All Star
See that's what I'm talkin about. So you are giving Westbrook a pass because he is playing the "better team". Where is the similar pass for Melo???? Lemme test your long sports memory with one simple question??? Has Melo EVER played with a James Harden, Russell Westbrook, or KD??? Nope. Yet those three played together and got swept out of the Finals and two out of the three never made it back after years togetherwhich led to the defection. So Durant believes in your better team concept which is why he left for a better team.

I get Melo haters will never acknowledge these facts just like I was never a "Starbury fan". But the facts still remain that Melo is still an elite NBA scorer who played for now two franchises that never put a "better team" around him. So that makes Melo this generation on Knicks fans our Bernard King. Look him up if that's before your sports memory. I'm just saying be a little more fair as Melo deserves some of the same passes you hand to Russ. It will be a while before we see another elite scorer like that in a Knicks uni as they only come along once a decade or so.

OKC did not get swept and they were babies at the time and get this...THEY GOT TO THE FINALS!!! This is Westbrook's first yr in that lone soldier role. Give it a rest why don't you!

jimkcchief88

All Star
My bad they won ONE game. Excuse me. The fact still remains Melo has NEVER had that type of talent around him. Not even "baby" talent. I'm just saying....

mafra

Legend
Carmelo and La-La are separated. Stressful season played a toll on the marriage. Does this mean Melo would be open to different cities? I know this is a playoff thread.... but I wasn't going to start a new thread on this topic.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Wow that's bad news:( Hopefully Melo can save his marriage. PJAx is a real ******* when you take this into account. Melo has been a true professional this season suffering thru personal problems at home and an ******* boss at work:(

Broadway

All Star

jimkcchief88

All Star
Uh uh guys we are in trouble:( we are supposed to be talking about pertinent topics like the Utah Jazz or Memphis Grizzlies instead of our soon to be traded superstar who led us to our last division tittle and playoff appearance

tiger0330

Legend
After that 2 pt win against the Pacers, the Cavs have to start decisively beating teams for me to believe they're able to repeat. So far close game early in the 1st.

Kiyaman

Legend
See that's what I'm talkin about. So you are giving Westbrook a pass because he is playing the "better team". Where is the similar pass for Melo???? Lemme test your long sports memory with one simple question??? Has Melo EVER played with a James Harden, Russell Westbrook, or KD??? Nope. Yet those three played together and got swept out of the Finals and two out of the three never made it back after years togetherwhich led to the defection. So Durant believes in your better team concept which is why he left for a better team.

I get Melo haters will never acknowledge these facts just like I was never a "Starbury fan". But the facts still remain that Melo is still an elite NBA scorer who played for now two franchises that never put a "better team" around him. So that makes Melo this generation on Knicks fans our Bernard King. Look him up if that's before your sports memory. I'm just saying be a little more fair as Melo deserves some of the same passes you hand to Russ. It will be a while before we see another elite scorer like that in a Knicks uni as they only come along once a decade or so.

Westbrook don't need a pass .. Westbrook 2016-17 performance were the best single-player performance the NBA had in decades .. Westbrook carried OKC Thunder to a 47 win season by playing 81 games averaging a triple-double stat throughout the season.
The Houston Rockets improve tremendously from last seasons 41 win season to a 55 win season team this year. In mid-season everyone knew the Houston Rockets were performing as a next level team.

As for Melo, we are talking bout a individual scorer who does nothing else, Melo is useless on the defensive end, plus Melo dont move without the ball.
And Allan Iverson were better than Durant/Harden/and maybe Westbrook.
And Camby n Sprewell took us to the FINALS in 1999.
And Kenyon Martin n Kidd went to the FINALS consecutive seasons.
And "Last-Shot" Billups PG leadership took the Pistons to the FINALS consecutive seasons.
There's a reason why Camby, K.Martin, and Iverson had a 50 win season with Melo, then refuse to win a playoff series with Melo .. EGO!!!
And Melo has never played on the same level of Bernard King .. King took us Knicks to 7 games in the ECF vs Bird/Mchale/Parish/and Dennis Johnson.
Melo performance reminds me of Allan Houston.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Allen Houston was pretty good in my book:) Don't forget Russ chased KD out of town. Think about that for a sec. Melo haters still complain how Melo "chased" Lin out of town, when Jeremy really left for the $$$$. But Russ chased KD to the team that beat them in the WCF. That was on Russ. Not enough balls to go around. I'm going to leave it alone because this is the playoffs thread, but I wish the Melo haters would stop judging Melo to a different standard than other stars around the league. Melo found out like DRose that unless you win you win multiple chips, playing hoops in your hometown is a thankless job.:(

Kiyaman

Legend
Allen Houston was pretty good in my book:) Don't forget Russ chased KD out of town. Think about that for a sec. Melo haters still complain how Melo "chased" Lin out of town, when Jeremy really left for the $$$$. But Russ chased KD to the team that beat them in the WCF. That was on Russ. Not enough balls to go around. I'm going to leave it alone because this is the playoffs thread, but I wish the Melo haters would stop judging Melo to a different standard than other stars around the league. Melo found out like DRose that unless you win you win multiple chips, playing hoops in your hometown is a thankless job.:(

Lets see .. how many star-players Melo chased out of town .. Miller, Camby, Iverson, Billups, Kidd, Chandler, plus making several players (Kenyon Martin n Amare) claim season injuries so not to play alongside Melo.

Cavaliers hold off late Pacers rally to win Game 2 .. Lebron take 2-0 series lead.
Kyrie Irving scores 37 pts ....
Pacers backcourt are missing George Hill .. Ellis was a no-show tonite