Porzingis blows off exit meeting

mafra

Legend
Apparently, at the crux of the disagreement between KP's bro and Phil was Jax's insistence on running more triangle..... Janis voiced KP's concerns about the offense... (and let's be honest, KP isn't a triangle type player).... Phil said they will draft players suited for the triangle, and do same in free agency.

The good news, for KP, is that in 2 years, when Phil leaves, the team will eschew the triangle and start rebuilding roster all over again.

Broadway

All Star
Apparently, at the crux of the disagreement between KP's bro and Phil was Jax's insistence on running more triangle..... Janis voiced KP's concerns about the offense... (and let's be honest, KP isn't a triangle type player).... Phil said they will draft players suited for the triangle, and do same in free agency.

The good news, for KP, is that in 2 years, when Phil leaves, the team will eschew the triangle and start rebuilding roster all over again.

If he's here but we could draft players who know how to run it(French Kid/Smith/Isaac). WHG is already ahead of the curve. Not saying the "triangle" will be here for time indefinite but if we are to get better we'll see it before the "triangle" expires. It's a matter of who'll be standing at that time. We are not obligated to keep #kporzee until his rook contract expires. We can make his dreams come true in June and he can have a ball in Orlando or Sacramento for all I care

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
And this draft offers to perfect KP replacement, Isaac, who fits better with WHG. I would deal KP, if the price is worth it. I want a team run by GM and HC, not by the players....

We shall see what happens soon enough!

Kiyaman

Legend
And this draft offers to perfect KP replacement, Isaac, who fits better with WHG. I would deal KP, if the price is worth it. I want a team run by GM and HC, not by the players....

We shall see what happens soon enough!

Our last couple of GM's and Head coaches were only good at TANKING!

This talk is all overblown.

Indiana gets offered 4 1st round picks for Paul George, sure that's a trade worth considering.

For all we know, the best offer PJ has gotten for either Melo or KP is 4 pics of other GMs' buttcheeks. Until we hear that any GM has actually offered anything of value for our guys, no point in talking about trading them. We give KP away for nothing, disgruntled young man or not, we're as stupid as everyone thinks we are.

Broadway

All Star
2016-2017 #kporzee dunking montage

He is working out pretty hard but nothing appears to be groundbreaking as to what he's doing. Especially after watching James Harrison and OBJ workout highlights, I know it's different sports but what they were doing was nearly mind blowing.

Kiyaman

Legend
Originally Posted by mafra View Post
Jackson said Friday that he'll listen to trade offers for all his players, including Porzingis, because, "Everything has to be possible."And in an effort to mold Porzingis into a post player better fit for the triangle, Jackson said he wants fewer 3-pointers.

The embattled team president even called Porzingis' treys, "A cheap way to score." Porzingis averaged 4.8 3-point attempts per game this season, up considerably from his rookie campaign.

“He had a game he didn’t take a three, which I told him that was important,” the team president said. “If it’s not there you don’t have to take a three. That’s sometimes just a cheap way to score points or you get anxious to score points. He had a shorter delivery on his shot. He learned some post-up things that were good.”

From April 15th (rumors of KP missing final team meeting) to today, June 11th how many rumors of NBA teams showed a interest in a trade for KP?

Broadway

All Star
I think #kporzee is doing a lot of strength resistant work not sure how his body is coming along but...

This guy definitely has been in the gym

tiger0330

Legend
I think #kporzee is doing a lot of strength resistant work not sure how his body is coming along but...

This guy definitely has been in the gym
I've been following KP on Twitter and he seems to be working on his core and less strength training of his upper body.

Randle's regimen is a good example for KP, after his injury and long layoff I remember the Lakers announcers saying that he gained weight during his layoff because he looked a lot bigger. I thought before they mentioned it that Randle had gained weight during his rehab but their sideline reporter said after that he actually lost 15 pounds but put on extra muscle which made him look bigger. Look's even better today, those abs are the biggest difference in those pics.

Kiyaman

Legend
I've been following KP on Twitter and he seems to be working on his core and less strength training of his upper body.

Randle's regimen is a good example for KP, after his injury and long layoff I remember the Lakers announcers saying that he gained weight during his layoff because he looked a lot bigger. I thought before they mentioned it that Randle had gained weight during his rehab but their sideline reporter said after that he actually lost 15 pounds but put on extra muscle which made him look bigger. Look's even better today, those abs are the biggest difference in those pics.

A young Randle would have made the perfect SF for the Lakers his first 6 yrs in the league ..
A young KP would have been a presence in the paint coming off the bench as a backup center to man the low post .. instead of living on the perimeter as a wing for two useless seasons.
KP need to learn something about how to perform in the low-post on offense n defense, plus learn to pass the ball to teammates so they could pass it to him without being told to.

The NBA is full of dum-dum managers, and unstrategic head coaches that are clueless of their players best strength .. over half the teams in NBA league each seasons has become unexciting LOTTERY teams that will draft great young athletes to put on their roster without giving them any coaching or veteran player development to fit in a professional league, because the majority of franchise don't believe in keeping players long term .. I thought it was just the Knicks who add 8 new players to their roster each season, but half the teams in the league does the samething.

Broadway

All Star
Thank Goodness Phil is thinking along these lines, I've only been advocating this all summer as an option. he must explore this extensively

tiger0330

Legend
Thank Goodness Phil is thinking along these lines, I've only been advocating this all summer as an option. he must explore this extensively

The kid is the Knicks most attractive asset on a rookie contract. I imagine the Celts are the most likely trade target with Ainge having traded down and getting an additional first rounder, Boston's #3, Olynyk and the first they acquired from the Sixers is the minimum I would be looking for.

mafra

Legend
The kid is the Knicks most attractive asset on a rookie contract. I imagine the Celts are the most likely trade target with Ainge having traded down and getting an additional first rounder, Boston's #3, Olynyk and the first they acquired from the Sixers is the minimum I would be looking for.

Couldn't agree more.... And, if BOS is looking for a stretch 4 -- supposedly they covet Tatum -- then this makes sense for both parties.

Knicks draft Fox (and a stretch 4 in Isaac or kid from Az) plus get a player and another lottery pick. Sounds good to me.

Fox, kid from Arizona, WHG, plus 2 lottery picks next year, on top of what they get for Melo and/or Lee? Heck yeah.

You could even re-sign Rose and have back court of Fox and Rose.... they'd penetrate at will.

Kiyaman

Legend
All this bout trading KP are all rumors from Phil/Mills to scare KP from now to draft day, and throughout offseason.
KP will not have it easy in Boston trying to get playing time without having any type of low-post talent in the paint.
Imagine KP trying to beat-out Horford/Amir Johnson/Olynyk/ and Zeller for playing time minutes having only a one dimensional perimeter game .. aggy!
The regiment of training the Boston coach Brad Stevens will put a soft weak KP through will take a year of hard work no one ever put KP through before

mafra

Legend
"Judging by the 7-foot-3 forward?s latest Instagram post, Porzingis was as confused as anyone by the reports that Phil Jackson is listening to trade offers for him in the days before the draft.

The somewhat cryptic social media post depicts Porzingis wearing a backwards cap and a T-shirt with the letters ?fr? super-imposed on the selfie. Short-hand for ?for real,? the choice of letters paired with Porzingis? seemingly sarcastic grin may shed some light on what the Knicks star could be thinking: Are you kidding me?"

Marc Berman says deal is doubtful bc, as one team exec said, Phil is looking for a HR here.