Porzingis blows off exit meeting

lol Dirk looks like a happy father. #kporzee better deliver this season

I know that I'm a sucker for hype, but man, KP seems like he is ready to be a star this season. Run the offense through him using a system that makes sense for him to be the focal point of it. As I said once before, the road is wide open for him to be an All-Star this season if he can take that big step forward.

Broadway

All Star
I know that I'm a sucker for hype, but man, KP seems like he is ready to be a star this season. Run the offense through him using a system that makes sense for him to be the focal point of it. As I said once before, the road is wide open for him to be an All-Star this season if he can take that big step forward.

If he produces to the level he receives accolades that's fine but the awards in the modern era are overrated, none more so than being an All-Star. I want to see a vastly improved game from him. I need to see his conditioning is at a peak level. He needs to also prove that by running offense through him he makes others around him better and not being the only benefactor in the new system.

It's good he's connected with Dirk but if all he plans on doing is increasing his jump shooting output then his improvement this yr stands to be marginal at best.

tiger0330

Legend
He's putting in the work so I'm dying to see if it translates to his game. We might only see incremental improvements in his game, he hasn't been working on a post game from what I saw so I don't expect him to become a dominant post player any time soon and that's probably the right decision with the style of play in the league these days. His problem last season was defenders crowding him and being physical with him esp within 15 ft and was reflected in his 38% shooting 10-15 ft in. The strength training he's been doing should help him handle defenders being physical with him and improve his stamina.

I hope Dirk has some pointers for him, I'd like to see him become Steph like with his 3 pt shooting.

and1

Rotation player
i want to see nitty get all up in russ' mud. want to get knicks' fans excited about ya? get all up in russ' mud.

Anyone else read the story posted today about how Hornacek told WHG to tell Porzingis to "stop playing like a p***y" and THAT was what made Porzingis skip his exit interview? Hornacek was the problem, not PJ? Uh oh.

and1

Rotation player
maybe hornacek was a problem with KP, but that doesn't mean phil wasn't a problem in general.
and why is this story coming out now just a few weeks before training camp? why didn't it come out sooner, like when the skipping of the exit meeting first happened, or even a month ago?
smells like some typical BS drama so we can all start trashing the knicks and panicking right before the season starts. cheap.
i'm still glad they got rid of phil and nothing is going to change my mind about that haha.

Broadway

All Star
maybe hornacek was a problem with KP, but that doesn't mean phil wasn't a problem in general.
and why is this story coming out now just a few weeks before training camp? why didn't it come out sooner, like when the skipping of the exit meeting first happened, or even a month ago?
smells like some typical BS drama so we can all start trashing the knicks and panicking right before the season starts. cheap.
i'm still glad they got rid of phil and nothing is going to change my mind about that haha.

I believe this to be true

Remember Hornacek had some strong comments about the Longstaff firing(#kporzee's boi) and he didn't sound as if he had good communication with him during the offseason and wasn't too interested in visiting him overseas. Now as far as the leak I have 2 theories...

- Vecsey writes for Patreon now and Phil congratulated him getting back into sports reporting, so it's very plausible Phil leaked this to him

- WHG is possibly salty he may have been involved in Kyrie trade discussions and is flexing his muscles as a pushback against the org leaking this to the media

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
I believe this to be true

Remember Hornacek had some strong comments about the Longstaff firing(#kporzee's boi) and he didn't sound as if had good communication with him during the offseason and wasn't too interested in visiting him overseas. Now as far as the leak I have 2 theories...

- Vecsey writes for Patreon now and Phil congratulated him getting back into sports reporting, so it's very plausible Phil leaked this to him

- WHG is possibly salty he may have been involved in Kyrie trade discussions and is flexing his muscles as a pushback against the org leaking this to the media

Kristaps Porzingis reportedly skipped his exit meeting with the Knicks due to a feud with head coach Jeff Hornacek.

Hornacek road Porzingis hard during his first year at the helm in New York and at one point reportedly told Porzingis' best friend on the team, Willy Hernangomez, to tell Porzingis to "stop playing like a p----," which did not sit well at all with PorzinGod. The two are reportedly back on speaking terms, but it seems like this is a situation that could turn volatile if the Knicks underperform next season.

Broadway

All Star
Kristaps Porzingis reportedly skipped his exit meeting with the Knicks due to a feud with head coach Jeff Hornacek.

Hornacek road Porzingis hard during his first year at the helm in New York and at one point reportedly told Porzingis' best friend on the team, Willy Hernangomez, to tell Porzingis to "stop playing like a p----," which did not sit well at all with PorzinGod. The two are reportedly back on speaking terms, but it seems like this is a situation that could turn volatile if the Knicks underperform next season.

This also makes sense maybe why Phil acted like he did towards #kporzee. Listen in no way am I covering for Hornacek really not a professional thing to do but it's not beyond abnormal for coaches to call out their players, especially behind closed doors. #kporzee showed himself to be what I figured last yr which is SOFF. Maybe this bad pub will change him, who knows...but I'm absolutely on board trading at the first crack of divaness from him or cornball play on the court for too long of stretches.

The Knicks are going to be bad this yr, you can BOOK THAT!

Kiyaman

Legend
This also makes sense maybe why Phil acted like he did towards #kporzee. Listen in no way am I covering for Hornacek really not a professional thing to do but it's not beyond abnormal for coaches to call out their players, especially behind closed doors. #kporzee showed himself to be what I figured last yr which is SOFF. Maybe this bad pub will change him, who knows...but I'm absolutely on board trading at the first crack of divaness from him or cornball play on the court for too long of stretches.

The Knicks will be a LOSER this upcoming season, especially if they keep KP in the starter/finisher lineups.
KP showed no offense or defensive threat in any of his game performance last season .. KP showed to be a poor role-player.
And coach Rambis should have been FIRED at the end of the season.
Plus Hornacek no-defensive rotation for 82 games last season put Horn as the 3rd or 4th assistant coach on a NBA team in my book. When we had nothing but young players on the roster last season, i expected the headcoach to preach/teach/and yell constantly DEFENSE! defense! defense!
Horn could probably be a top assistant coach on a loser college team.

mafra

Legend

This has to have something to do with KP taking MMA training this offseason. Never ceases this junk with NYK.

tiger0330

Legend
Anyone else read the story posted today about how Hornacek told WHG to tell Porzingis to "stop playing like a p***y" and THAT was what made Porzingis skip his exit interview? Hornacek was the problem, not PJ? Uh oh.
Not sure I believe this story. Why tell WHG to tell KP when he could do it himself. If true I would say Horn deserves that ***** label, it's not like KP doesn't speak english and needed WHG to tell him in Spanish or Latvian. I'd like to see what WHG or KP say about this because if it's being made up they should set the record straight.

and1

Rotation player
I'll do it next Tuesday. I won't be working out that day, it'll be a weekday, so I'll have a lot of time calling various shows.

excellent. please make sure to call the michael kay show. hopefully he won't be doing a yankees game at that time. i'd love to hear him go off on one of his little hissy fits lmao.

paris401

Starter
i was told there is better weed then we are smoking... and runningjumper has it.... as the song says.... don't bogard that joint my friend.. pass it over to me....