12-30-09 / New York Knicks @ New Jersey Nets

johnstarky

Rotation player
Embarrassing and Unacceptable

This is why it's impossible to fall in love with this team.They give you a wonderful performance yesterday against a team that had the same record as them and then they get mutilated by the sewer rats of the NBA.

Did the Knicks stay up all of last night partying about their win in Detroit and forgot that they had to play the second game of a back to back? Or are they more concerned with their New Year's Eve plans for tomorrow than they are about playing this basketball game?

They look like they could care less about making the playoffs.I wasn't wrong when I said that the Knicks are a team that makes the rest of the NBA better.The Nets couldn't beat a High School team of 16 year old amatures yet they're slamming away the Knicks into one of the gutters by the Hudson River.

If the Net lead holds up, this will perhaps be the most embarrassing loss of the season for the Knicks and probably will go down as one of the most embarrassing losses in Knick history.I would like to hear what D'antoni has to say after this one.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
dudonkey sees that gallo is hot in the fourth and chucks up a three...just the numerous "clutch" plays made by our point guard. that three helped sucked the life out of our comeback. all in all we just sucked so far, we better beat the hawks though

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
This is why it's impossible to fall in love with this team.They give you a wonderful performance yesterday against a team that had the same record as them and then they get mutilated by the sewer rats of the NBA.

Did the Knicks stay up all of last night partying about their win in Detroit and forgot that they had to play the second game of a back to back? Or are they more concerned with their New Year's Eve plans for tomorrow than they are about playing this basketball game?

They look like they could care less about making the playoffs.I wasn't wrong when I said that the Knicks are a team that makes the rest of the NBA better.The Nets couldn't beat a High School team of 16 year old amatures yet they're slamming away the Knicks into one of the gutters by the Hudson River.

If the Net lead holds up, this will perhaps be the most embarrassing loss of the season for the Knicks and probably will go down as one of the most embarrassing losses in Knick history.I would like to hear what D'antoni has to say after this one.

lollll, u forget about that 100-56 or something like that loss to the smellshits we had on national tv

mafra

Legend

It's alwats the same with this Knicks team. The moment they get within a game or so for the 8th playoff spot.... IT'S NOSEDIVE time. Been like this for years.

As bad as the Nets are (record-wise), does anyone have any doubt the Knicks will split (2-2) the season series this year?

This game is a perfect example of how bad D'ant is as a coach.... He played the starters the entire game yesterday.... knowing Knicks had a back-2-back.... He could have rested bodies at the end of the game.... He didn't.... Here we are with zero legs tonight.

Basically, Knicks lost this game b/c they didn't get people rest yesterday.

ALSO.... When can we bench Harrington? If the dude takes one more 3-pointer... let him go sit next to the DNP-CD posse.

Dude is a terrible shooter.... I would prefer to run the offense through Douglas in the post.... use Douglas & Duhon as interior BIGs.... Having AL shoot 5-7 3-pointers a game is such a waste of 7 possessions.

johnstarky

Rotation player
lollll, u forget about that 100-56 or something like that loss to the smellshits we had on national tv

That blow out by the Celtics a couple of seasons ago clearly defined the Dolan/Layden/Thomas era.The worst thing about that game was that it was broadcasted nationally and was viewed by millions of NBA fans which is the equivilent of a person displaying his dirty laundry on You Tube.

Last edited:

johnstarky

Rotation player
It's alwats the same with this Knicks team. The moment they get within a game or so for the 8th playoff spot.... IT'S NOSEDIVE time. Been like this for years.

As bad as the Nets are (record-wise), does anyone have any doubt the Knicks will split (2-2) the season series this year?

This game is a perfect example of how bad D'ant is as a coach.... He played the starters the entire game yesterday.... knowing Knicks had a back-2-back.... He could have rested bodies at the end of the game.... He didn't.... Here we are with zero legs tonight.

Basically, Knicks lost this game b/c they didn't get people rest yesterday.

ALSO.... When can we bench Harrington? If the dude takes one more 3-pointer... let him go sit next to the DNP-CD posse.

Dude is a terrible shooter.... I would prefer to run the offense through Douglas in the post.... use Douglas & Duhon as interior BIGs.... Having AL shoot 5-7 3-pointers a game is such a waste of 7 possessions.

That is the reason why I don't gain any confidence with these Knicks.They are never good enough to make the playoffs and they are never bad enough to get a top 3 pick in the NBA draft.

It's like someone has been owning a Knick voodoo doll for the past 10 years and uses it to curse the Knicks.The Knicks are what their record tells you they are and that's a .400 team.They will give you an 80 percent effort on good nights and play like the '98 Denver Nuggets on bad nights.

Mike D'antoni is a player's coach, meaning that he will play and rest his favorite players but will refuse to do what's best for the Knicks as a team.He doesn't care how long Gallo,Lee and Chandler stay on the bench as long as they have enough energy to leave the arena after the end of the game.

Harrington is only show casing himself for a Knick departure after this season.Lately he has been the reason why the opposing teams gain momentum against the Knicks.He commits a lot of turnovers and takes the dumbest shots that an NBA player could ever take.Who lied to this guy and told him that he was Kobe Bryant? The guy should sign with the Timberwolves next season because if I see him in a Knick uniform next season I will not watch a single game.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
ight john u overreacting again, but i cant believe im saying this we needed giraffe in that game more :/, the idiot got 5 fouls and our defense was quite artocious without him.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Very disappointing loss to the worst team in the NBA. They just were doing everything right. They hit huge shots after huge shots. Yi was the factor for the Nets. He played his ass off in this game. Lopez also had a great game. Overall the Nets played a good game from the beginning to the end.

The Knicks looked drained out there. Their energy level was horrible. They were a step slower than the Nets on every play. Gallo had a bad game. His shooting was way off but Duhon didn't give him the ball at the right moments. Duhon took way too many shots. He hit 3 threes and thought he's Jordan and starting chucking threes left and right. That was the start of our downfall. I don't agree with most of the posts on DLee. I think he played a great game. He was the only consistent scorer. He flirted with a triple double, 24pts, 15rebs and 8asts. Also had 2 blocks.

Honestly this loss's blame has to go to D'Antoni and Duhon. D'Antoni for not resting the players in yesterdays game and Duhon for taking bad shots at critical moments. Duhon seriously has something against Gallo. He always sets him up with the worst shots and when Gallo's open he doesn't pass it to him. Overall the game was bad and it was a bad end to the year.

Looking at the improvement this team has made is drastic. They improved a lot in the month of December. Let the team get it's rest in these two days, come back in the New Year with some intensity and I think we should be alright. There is still a whole lot of games to play and we are going to make that run for the playoffs. So let's not get too worked up. Let's just look at it as yeah we got rid of the worst this year and start the new year with the team that has been playing great.

Just want to wish all the KO members and their Families a Happy and Safe New Years. Hope all of you's have a great time. Don't get too crunked. Scratch that because I am. Have a good one. 2010 here we come.

:gony: !!!

johnstarky

Rotation player
ight john u overreacting again, but i cant believe im saying this we needed giraffe in that game more :/, the idiot got 5 fouls and our defense was quite artocious without him.

Jeffries could of been useful if he would stood out of foul trouble.

I am not surprised that they lost to the Nets, I kind of saw it coming.

iSaYughh

Starter
DuDonkey up to his usual tricks. Just so I'm clear, though, we:

DNP nate robinson. Young, talented, putting up numbers and giving us legitimate sparks....yes, very flawed, and yes, the very same player who is (was?????) *prime* to be a key cog in getting rid of Jeffries....who, you know, is the dude that trading makes or breaks the entire Knick team and whether or not the organization's (purported) "Master" Plan works.

And yet....we watch DuDonkey bastardize the PG position and retard the progress of our franchise player.

And yet....we allow Harrington, a veteran, to run wild. Does he think he is Peja Stoy? Did he wake up and see a white, European dck when he goes to take a leak?

Mindnumbing. Jeffries must be traded. We must *be able* to sign 2 bigtime FAs or else our chance at signing but 1 (let alone The One), plummets.

If Nate hadn't been the latest player massacred by the Knicks, I would say Nate + Harrington would be perfectly ample firepower to unload with Jeffries, and potentially even get us a legitimate guard in the process, particularly since Chandler, and even Lee, are well on the table if the offer's right.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I wonder what would have happened if we kept Marbury....

Surely not this crap. Thats the problem with Duhon. He makes 4-5 3 pointers, then shoots more, eventually its 4-10 or something like that.

I remember half of KO, mine included, said Douglas would be a starter come January. I don't see it anymore. D'Antoni doesnt seem to have any faith in the rookies. Hill is getting absolutely buried in the bench. Seriously, lets make ourselves look less like jackasses and showcase him at least.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
marbury? really? smh.

Yes. Last Year i would have rather had Marbury over Duhon. Duhon is the worst starting PG in the whole NBA. At least Marbury had starting experience. I never truly hated the guy either.

But we will never know how that would have turned out now, would we?

ANU

Starter
i hate duhon.i never hated marbury.but he is irrelevant to this.this has to do with coach's rotation.he needs to stop being a stubborn asshole.that's all it is.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
i hate duhon.i never hated marbury.but he is irrelevant to this.this has to do with coach's rotation.he needs to stop being a stubborn asshole.that's all it is.

I agree with you there (See we dont disagree on everything lol)

I was just bringing up Marbury because at this point, I honestly think things would have been better with him still her. But thats just what i think. I know there are still pro-marbury and anti-marbury dudes here.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Yes. Last Year i would have rather had Marbury over Duhon. Duhon is the worst starting PG in the whole NBA. At least Marbury had starting experience. I never truly hated the guy either.

But we will never know how that would have turned out now, would we?

The problem with that was that Marbury would of played his heart out last season for the Knicks and would of earned himself another contract with them.Even though the Knicks would have probably made the playoffs with him as their point guard it still would have lowered their pick in the draft.

Marbury is a player that has caused trouble for his coaches following seasons in which he contributed to the success of his team and the last thing that the Knicks needed to do was offer him a new contract.

Even if they had given him a 1 year contract for several millions I don't think that he would have accepted it.You saw how he turned down the Celtics offer during the offseason.Marbury would probably return to the NBA if Isiah Thomas took over as general manager of a team and gave him a multi year contract.

ANU

Starter
I agree with you there (See we dont disagree on everything lol)

I was just bringing up Marbury because at this point, I honestly think things would have been better with him still her. But thats just what i think. I know there are still pro-marbury and anti-marbury dudes here.
I'm neutral on marbury.i don't blame him for bangin some chick in a truck outside of msg.would he have been better than duhon? that dude leon from above the rim would be better than him now.

but this is all about lee.he needs to get traded.we can't expect to be championship contenders with him at the 5 even with lebron.he needs to be a four with some defensive presence at the 5.dude is a dreadful defensive player.donnie needs to stop being so patient.**** coach.coach is forcing his hand by being a ****ing rotation nazi.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
The problem with that was that Marbury would of played his heart out last season for the Knicks and would of earned himself another contract with them.Even though the Knicks would have probably made the playoffs with him as their point guard it still would have lowered their pick in the draft.

Marbury is a player that has caused trouble for his coaches following seasons in which he contributed to the success of his team and the last thing that the Knicks needed to do was offer him a new contract.

Even if they had given him a 1 year contract for several millions I don't think that he would have accepted it.You saw how he turned down the Celtics offer during the offseason.Marbury would probably return to the NBA if Isiah Thomas took over as general manager of a team and gave him a multi year contract.

But wouldn't us getting a lower draft pick be better though? I mean think about it..

We wanted Evans.
We wanted Ricky.
We wanted Curry.
We wanted Flynn.

We made NO effort to trade up.
All those guys went earlier, so we couldn't pick them.

If we did make the playoffs, it would have been better for us. Our youg guys would have gotten experience in those playoffs, no matter if we got swept by whoever.

Then we could have picked TY LAWSON. And bought the Lakers pick and got...lets say Chase Budinger.

Imagine is Marbury did resign though. even if just for one year...

Steph/Lawson
Chandler/Hughes
Gallo/Harrington/Bender
Budinger/Jeffries
Lee

I like that roster a lot better than our current one. So your post is correct, but things would have probably happened for the better.