2012 NBA Playoffs Discussion - The Other Series

Sage

Rotation player
Haha, you guys hear what Rondo said at the half?

Doris Burke asked Rondo what Boston has done to open holes in the Heat defense, he said "they're complaining and crying to the refs in transition".

HA!

CA7

Scoring Champ
Haha, you guys hear what Rondo said at the half?

Doris Burke asked Rondo what Boston has done to open holes in the Heat defense, he said "they're complaining and crying to the refs in transition".

HA!

I hate Rondo but damn you gotta love that

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
my favorite moment was in the post game press conference when Ray Allen said "it's like chess, they took our queen we took their queen" (talking about paul pierce and lebron james fouling out) and I was thinking, what an appropriate way to describe them both.

Personally the way this series is going, I think it's gonna be decided on which team is better at flopping. Sad to say it but that's how it looks like to me.

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan thats just awesome!

for the rest of the playoffs, i want either spurs or celtics to take the title!

a punk like westbrook is already a punk, with a title in his resume.. i would hate him even more

however, celtics can do it.. yes they can

p.s: weird, i dont see that heat fan in here.. still alive?

those old bunch of dudes are getting it done.. good job c's

Sage

Rotation player
I hope the Celtics win the east, so I can stop cheering for them...

I would happily see the Spurs or OKC take it out. If Boston won, fair enough but basically anyone but Miami.

TakMan

Rotation player
Anyone but Miami

Can it be? A young, freakishly athletic team with 2 superstars (supposedly the best in the league) may be about to lose to yet another group of aspiring pensioners? A heat exit will make my summer. It would definitely tone down all the fans on this forum who appear in awe of this overrated team.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I am sure we are all afraid to admit it but Paul Pierce is better then melo.

Remember this list from Metro's, "Melo the new Glenn Robinson" thread:

1. Bron
2. Cp3
3. Kobe
4. Howard
5. Love
6. Wade
7. Rose
8. Griffin
9. Pierce
10.Westbrook
11. Gasol
12. T.Parker
13. Melo
14. Bynum
15. Nash

I would put him above Griffin at the moment as well.

No. Paul Pierce has a better team than Melo.

How can you be so in the bag for Melo. Can you atleast be a little objective??

Paul Pierce is a more complete player than Melo. There's no doubt about it.

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
I hope the Celtics win the east, so I can stop cheering for them...

I would happily see the Spurs or OKC take it out. If Boston won, fair enough but basically anyone but Miami.

I agree although I'm rooting for OKC. They've got that college bball type atmosphere and I just can't help getting lost in that energy.

I caught myself cheering when Pierce made that 3 over Lebron and felt disgusted with myself.

I never thought that I would root for the Celtics, but damn I love em right now! :thumbsup:

The Heat are such a bunch of pussies, it's disgusting to watch them.

Wade and James are no men, they're disgusting little bitches and cry babies and nothing else.

Nobody respects Lebron James apart from the media and officials. Most fans don't, most NBA players don't...he's a bitch. It's completely irrelevant whether he keeps scoring empty triple doubles for the rest of his career....the guy gets no respect.

It's all so freaking ridiculous, a 3 time MVP who doesn't even get respected. The NBA and the media are such a joke...but guess what, they didn't F with my mind. I have ZERO respect for Lebron James, because he's a *****.

He can play basketball, so what?! Nobody gives a damn except for people who can make money of him like Nike, the NBA and ESPN.

MVP, my ass!

Paul Pierce shot that 3 right into Lebrick's ugly face like it ain't a damn thing - and I'm not even a Pierce fan, far from that. I don't like the guy one bit, but I respect him because he's legit when the chips are down and he can make shots under pressure and win games...and that's all that matters.

I couldn't care less about 32 points, 9 rebunds and 9 assists in 3 quarters....**** Lebron James and Wade too!

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE

Melo is a better offensive player than Pierce, and with two hall of fame teammates to pass the ball to, he'll be just as effective a passer PP is. On defense, if it were 2009, I'd have to admit Pierce is better. But right now, Melo is just as good (or bad) as Pierce. LeBron is torching him in every game so far.

And as far as stats go......surprisingly, they are pretty damn close.

MELO
Games 55
Points/Game (PPG) 22.6
Rebounds/Game (RPG) 6.3
Steals/Game (SPG) 1.1
Blocks/Game (BPG) 0.4
Assists/Game (APG) 3.6

PeePee
Games 61
Points/Game (PPG) 19.4
Rebounds/Game (RPG) 5.2
Steals/Game (SPG) 1.1
Blocks/Game (BPG) 0.4
Assists/Game (APG) 4.5

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Let me get this straight. If Melo and Paul played a game of 1 on 1...some people here think Paul will come out the winner?

1 on 1 Melo schools Pierce.......and Pierce schools Melo, as evidenced by the games we had against the Celtics this year. When they put Pierce on Melo, Melo scored. Melo had 35, 10, and 12 against them in one game, and scored 37, 25, and 26 in the three other games. Pierce was also superb with 43,34, and 30 in 3 games against us.

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
Remember this list from Metro's, "Melo the new Glenn Robinson" thread:

1. Bron
2. Cp3
3. Kobe
4. Howard
5. Love
6. Wade
7. Rose
8. Griffin
9. Pierce
10.Westbrook
11. Gasol
12. T.Parker
13. Melo
14. Bynum
15. Nash

I would put him above Griffin at the moment as well.

I know u didn't make it but that list is completely ridiculous. How can someone compare players of different positions? Would you compare Shaq to Kobe? Both were dominant in their position. Here is what that list should look like if you believe it. U condense that and melo is in the top 3 in his position.

1. Bron
9. Pierce
13. Melo

In regards to your post, I disagree only bc i feel like if Anthony played with a pg like rondo he would have a lot of pressure off his back. He wouldn't have to iso so much bc the ball would be constantly moving. If u switched pierce with melo i doubt pierce would have brought us past the heat either considering the obstacles we faced.

skisloper

Starter
Let me get this straight. If Melo and Paul played a game of 1 on 1...some people here think Paul will come out the winner?

we are not talking one on one....

Pierce makes others better.....Melo does not....
again not a knock on melo......
I just think Pierce is a smarter player and thus a winning player