2012 NBA Playoffs Discussion - The Other Series

Kiyaman

Legend
Throughout the postseason games I watched all the great "SCREENS" that were set by the teams who made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

A injured DNP Noah in the postseason took away all the hope the Chicago Bulls had of gettin to the 2nd round. Noah's screens on offense are as big as his dominatin-defense for the Bulls team.

The postseasons top two teams that set double-screens on practically all their offensive plays has been the Celtics & Spurs (KG/Bass/Pietrus vs Duncan/Hollin/Diaw/Splitter).

Our Knicks offense had NO screens at all, untill Jeremy Lin hit the seen to feed Tyson Chandler & Jefferies consistently down low, which started Tyson Chandler or Jefferies to come out to screen for Lin everytime on the offensive-end. Which also started a domino-effect when Novak, Fields, Walker, and Shump started screening for each other.
How did our "SCREENS" look in the postseason games?
Think Novak...

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
THE NBA really needs new refs

in the Celtics vs Heat game in OT, Rondo clearly got nailed on the head and no foul was called, what a momentum killer, i don't even like the celtics in any way shape or form but, the NBA is clearly rigged

But wait.......... Wade can drive down the lane and karate kick his way into a AND 1 down the lane??? smh pretty sad.

wait.....it gets better (LEBRON 24 FT ATTEMPTS) smh

unowen85 wrote:
Man I don't give a **** if Stern comes out publicly and states the refs really are favoring us. As long we get a banner hanging down from the rafters, **** the rest of the league.

^^^^^ MIAMI HEAT BOARD MIND STATE:rofl::rofl::rofl: #done

Last edited:

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
THE NBA really needs new refs

in the Celtics vs Heat game in OT, Rondo clearly got nailed on the head and no foul was called, what a momentum killer, i don't even like the celtics in any way shape or form but, the NBA is clearly rigged

But wait.......... Wade can drive down the lane and karate kick his way into a AND 1 down the lane??? smh pretty sad.

wait.....it gets better (LEBRON 24 FT ATTEMPTS) smh

unowen85 wrote:
Man I don't give a **** if Stern comes out publicly and states the refs really are favoring us. As long we get a banner hanging down from the rafters, **** the rest of the league.

^^^^^ MIAMI HEAT BOARD MIND STATE:rofl::rofl::rofl: #done

lmao at this

1st. what ever heat fan wrote that is a asz.
2nd. Boston was up by 15 shooting 64% from the field in the first half while miami shot 34. Wade scores only 2.....i repeat 2 points in the first half. Talking about FTs, miami had 47 attempts but misses 16 making it 31-47. Even tho the disparity is large the number of makes is only +5 in miamis favor. Boston was set up to win the game technically speaking. They really missed a call but if you really believe that one blown call caused boston the game then smh.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
Boston lost because they are too old they just can't play at high energy entire game. Eventually they get tired. Oh and they have no bench Haslem scored more points then all Boston reserves.

mafra

Legend
BOS lost b/c the 'shrinking-3' were awful. PP, Ray-A & KG missed everything. With that said... It was a travesty what happened to Rondo. He was having arguably the greatest game a PG has had in the playoffs in the history of the NBA. Only BOS player to have 40 poits & 10 assists.

He drives to hoop, is aggressive and clearly gets hacked in the face, right in front of a ref too boot... And no call? That led to a 5-4 break (& dunk) as Rondo lay on the court dizzy w/ pain. MIA goes up 2.

After this... I'm telling myself: "What for it." It was obvious the circle would be completed, that not only would BOS get robbed, but MIA would then be handed a freebie. And, sure enough... Bruce Lee Wayne drives to the hoop and kicks KG, makes hopp and gets sent to the line. 3 point play. MIA now up 5.

That sequence... a non-call & call... both favoring MIA... handed the HEAT the game. It wasn't why BOS lost, but it certainly helped MIA win.

On a night the NBA-controlled franchise beat the odds & jumps top the #1 pick in the draft... Any wonder why the NBA has become the new WWF?

Kiyaman

Legend
I watched a Miami 9+ man rotation last longer than a Boston 7+ man rotation in a 54 minute game....3 of Boston players fouled out trying to keep the game at a slow pace. Rondo played 53 minutes.
Homecourt crowds always have the refs attention in the playoffs.

Boston short rotation couldnt do a Hack-Anthony in the final seconds of regulation or overtime.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
Boston lost because they are too old they just can't play at high energy entire game. Eventually they get tired. Oh and they have no bench Haslem scored more points then all Boston reserves.

couldn't have written it any better. Dnt know why people are having trouble understanding this.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
And for those who wonders why Boston wasn't getting calls its bc they barely drive to the rim. They were 27th in the league in going to the free throw line. So again, Boston can blame themselves for shooting more mid range shots than driving.

What happened when Rondo and Pierce went to the rim? They went to the line. They simply stopped attacking.

tripleaamin9

Benchwarmer
did anyone really say that? lol
yup............

Rondo has Gumby arms, that's his strongest feature. And he has a ****ty brain to go with it. Who bumps a referee? Guy came into the right place, right time. You put Lin in a time machine, plop him on Nash's Suns instead of Nash, and bang sauce, you're talking hall of fame for the kid.

Lin is a complete package, a true leader in every way, in action, in word. He is like the ocean, with the power of the ocean but the serene dignity.

I'm starting a team today, Lin is my point over Rondo, I'm not the only one on this.

You know what Rondo will do after the Boston team is done? He will do nothing, he's gonna bounce around the league like a bum.

Sage

Rotation player
Rondo is definitely the real deal, it's hard to believe there's still a bunch of doubters thinking that somehow he's being carried by Garnett and Pierce. Flip that and you'll be correct, he's having an incredible series.

orangeblobman said:
He is like the ocean, with the power of the ocean but the serene dignity.
Wow! I wish just once someone would say that about me. That's awesome.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Rondo's jumpshot has been consistently reliable the last 2 games. I hope Miami loses this series. I just hate them and would love to see the underdog team beat them.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I thought the spurs would be up 3-1 by now, kudos to the thunder for hanging in their i like the fight in them... i think they have built up alot of confidence to take control of the series, but i still think spurs take it in game 7.

&

CoughLetsgoBOSTONcough it hurts just to say that but i rather see them win than see the Heat win, Rondo is the xfactor

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Seriously... I just caught myself hoping a Paul Pierce 3 dropped.. It's a sickness I tell you.
:teeth: same here, same here but if Boston does survive this series and win it i'll be rooting for OKC or spurs Fux the celtics lol

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
a win today for boston could give them a great boost to get another win in miami

celtics have no problem playing outside of the TD garden, thats what many years of experience in the NBA give you.. they are a bunch of old assassins with a brand new crime mastermind

go boston! (for now lol)