2017 NBA Playoffs

mafra

Legend
Well said.... Lebron is a demanding diva who always wants to get his way.... it's basically why he left both CLE and MIA, bc those owners try to actually remind him who was boss.

GSW just fortunate CBA expanded salary cap the year that KD was availablle. Unbelievable.

Kiyaman

Legend
Well said.... Lebron is a demanding diva who always wants to get his way.... it's basically why he left both CLE and MIA, bc those owners try to actually remind him who was boss.

GSW just fortunate CBA expanded salary cap the year that KD was availablle. Unbelievable.

Lebron's high market was a 100 times bigger than little Cleveland Ohio .. Lebron had to leave Cleveland to expand his investment growth in a big market city .. NY, Cali, Miami, or Chicago.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kover dunked the ball!
Its bad when .. why throughout the series coach Lue keep having Love on the court when he got bench-players Kover, D.Williams, and Jefferson in the same lineup .. Tristan belong on the court to clean up behind the bench players!
Love cant touch Durant as a defender nor could Love stop Green from doing what Green want to do LOL
Come on make a FINALS game in one of the games in the series .. im tired of all the blowout games in the playoffs from injuries and non-injured players .. aggy

tiger0330

Legend
Even if the Cavs win game 3 you can see who the better team is. Cavs are playing their asses off but haven't separated themselves from the Dubs. Its like the Celts win in game 3 against the Cavs, they didn't have a chance and I don't the the Cavs can win either.

Cavs are cooked. It's worse than initially feared. A team with 4 star players under the age of 30 is completely unbeatable in the playoffs.

mafra

Legend
GSW played a great game and were still poised to lose, b/c Lebron Kyrie were otherworldly....

Unfortunately, CLE needed 1 more bucket for the win in that final 2 minutes and just couldn't get the ball in the hoop... Lebron missed a tough driving layup, Love looked like Charles Smith (blowing a layup), Kyrie missed a shot.... Then Korver missed a wide open 3....

Meanwhile, KD closed game with a sweet baseline shot then the dagger 3 (product of being rested).... Then CLE had a 2 for 1, down 1.... and the biggest flaw between CLE and GSW was exposed.... GSW move the ball and everybody touches it (see all those assists they had in the first half).... But Cle is ISO LJ or ISO Kyrie....

So, Kyrie takes an awful shot and now GSW gets FT shots.

Still, down 3.... Lebron gets ball in the corner.... and AI fouls LJ.... He's gonna shoot 3.... but wait.... no call. Game over. If that was JR Smith defending Curry, in Oakland.... Curry is shooting 3.

So.... let's not say GSW is unbeatable. CLE played poorly at home (JR came to play and Love helped out but the bench really disappointed.... Missed too many makebale 3s).

CLE inches away from this win, and could've came out and played better as a team (raining 3s) and tied it the series, Going back to Cali 2-2....

It didn't happen, of course.... And gsW is the much better team.... But Kyrie and Lebron are just so good.... they almost got series back to their control.... But GSW made shots and caught some huge breaks (KD probably had 8 fouls tonight).

Anyway.... Great game. Hate to say it, but KD closed it.

CLe just couldn't get that 1 last bucket to seal the win.... and if you don't score it.... you're not beating GSW:

Cavs finished 0-8... "There were so many crucial moments in the fourth quarter when the Cavs had a chance to extend the lead. Three times when up five points, they got clean looks at 3-pointers, and Korver, Kevin Love and JR Smith all missed. Inside two minutes and up by six points, Irving missed a layup that would have extended their lead to three possessions."

You want to say the ran out of gas after 46 minutes.... But CLE were in this position bc (as a team) they failed to make those open 3s the role players normally make.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Klay's turn, the Warriors have 3 guys that can knock down 35 ft 3s. Too much firepower and they play D, how many times did Breen yell BLOCK during the game. Game 3 obviously a must win for the Cavs. Warriors looked great in Oracle.
Lebron said that he's never faced a team with more fire power in all his years in the league. This Warriors super team is not good for the health of the NBA and Michelle Beadle alluded to it when she interviewed Adam Silver asking how the rest of the NBA catches up. Silver said teams will adapt and maybe teams get lucky and draft some super stars like Klay and Dray with lower picks like Klay at 12 and Dray at 35. Silver better hope so because fans are disgusted with the playoffs this year, many saying they watch less NBA bball. Skyrocketing NBA payrolls and declining TV ratings could be would be financial disaster for the NBA esp the small market teams.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Yup thanks KD for ruining this years' playoffs for all of us NBA fans...I would stop wearing his kicks if they weren't so damn comfy....But on a serious note this is so bad for basketball it's not even funny...I am literally not interested in watching the games...literally....I haven't watched one of these finals games from start to finish, not one. You when it's not your team that's in it you tune in for competitive viewing and this hasn't been. Awful for us NBA fans to watch so I hope KD enjoys his ring(s) while ruining the NBA for millions of us fans who have been tuning in since before he was born. I for one am tuned out and have watched less of this "Finals" as I have since I was a shorty. I remember when Moses Malone joined my 76ers back in 81-82 help them get over the hump to beat the Lakers to win a chip but this is different. That DR J/MM combo never made a dynasty as the Lakers/Celtics then Bad Bad Pistons ran the 80's. We now know who KD is. He was that kid on the playground that got the best kids on team to beat all the other kids until the gym teacher stepped in and split them up. Well Adam Silver needs to play that teacher and step in to break up the foolishness because outside of the "Yay Area" no one else is watching. Put an asterisk next to this chip and any subsequent chips won by this "superteam":(

Broadway

All Star
Lebron said that he's never faced a team with more fire power in all his years in the league. This Warriors super team is not good for the health of the NBA and Michelle Beadle alluded to it when she interviewed Adam Silver asking how the rest of the NBA catches up. Silver said teams will adapt and maybe teams get lucky and draft some super stars like Klay and Dray with lower picks like Klay at 12 and Dray at 35. Silver better hope so because fans are disgusted with the playoffs this year, many saying they watch less NBA bball. Skyrocketing NBA payrolls and declining TV ratings could be would be financial disaster for the NBA esp the small market teams.

Well Silver is banking on those patches saving the league. Remember the Cavs are the first team to get patch endorsement deal I believe with Goodyear at the tune of $10mil/yr. Not sure if it goes to the league then split across teams or how it works but this is the game change moving forward. Will it work I'm not sure.

Adam Silver's response was woefully shameful and he was very "Cavalier" pun intended what you stated above. Thinking teams can find generational talent to the likes of what Cavs and Warriors have is preposterous. First of all he's implying you have to be in the lottery 3-5yrs practically in consecutive yrs, because remember Harrison Barnes(another lottery selection) was on the GSW at the Genesis of their greatness. How many lottery picks did Cleveland have...Kyrie/Thompson/Bennett/Waiters/Wiggins? Think about that for a sec...fans currently complain about the Sixers/Wolves/Kings constantly being in the lottery yr after yr(justifiably so). Adam Silver on his watch let an organization fire it's GM for building a team with a method he suggested live on air.

Then a team has to hope a Superstar(they do take time to develop btw) down the road from another team wants to jump ship like a SAP and join forces with the organically built stacked team.

Yet Silver is the same commissioner who has gone on record several times stating the one and done players/younger players are not ready when they make the leap...with the NBA wanting to push back another yr on eligibility. I mean how disingenuous can you be here? If the kids aren't ready and you want them to stay in college 2yrs minimum(we know what this is truly about) then wouldn't that prolong the ability to compete with the ELITE teams? When in the lottery a team has to hope every yr they are there's at least 4-5(minimum) potential players who could change the landscape of the NBA declare. This is not reasonable thinking.

To be keep it 100 which Silver should've said but couldn't on air, the best way for any team to compete during this current era is for other players to collude and stack more teams(which I do not endorse under any circumstance). If so then start contracting teams(won't need 30 anymore) and start scaling back Max contracts to these BUMS A.S.A.P. because they won't be necessary either. The CBA was designed to prevent this lest we forget. You can't make sense of anything he said yesterday as if it's just a simple process to complete with success at this level

What he said would've been applicable(7-10yrs ago) had Lebron and Durant not mucked up this league but since they did we'll have to endure this for the greater remaining portion of their playing career. We're talking about HISTORIC teams here. Once again Lebron is primarily to blame for this

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
BBall has never had parity.... BOS in 1960s, LAK and BOs in 80s, CHI in 90s, LAK and SA then MIA last 20 years.....

GSW just another dynasty.... certainly not going to make for an exciting regular season next year for all but 2 or 3 NBA cities tho....

This is why they need to scrap the salary cap. It doesn't help much anyway.

Broadway

All Star
BBall has never had parity.... BOS in 1960s, LAK and BOs in 80s, CHI in 90s, LAK and SA then MIA last 20 years.....

GSW just another dynasty.... certainly not going to make for an exciting regular season next year for all but 2 or 3 NBA cities tho....

This is why they need to scrap the salary cap. It doesn't help much anyway.

Not sure about a total scrap but major modifications, I touched on this my last post so Maf we're of one accord here in thought

mafra

Legend
Cavs getting swept best thing for Knicks....

What doomed CLE last night wasn't the GSW star power, but their bench.... CLE's bench and role player were badly outplayed by GSW reserves. Love had only 9 points (didn't help much).

Think about this.... Next year, Tristan Thompson, Shump, and Frye make a combined 35 mil! Thompson had 3 boards last night, Shump had 2 points last night and I never even saw Frye on the court? Then check out West and Livingston and AI and McGee.... deron and Jefferson couldn't even score a few Points and Korver missed a ton of open looks.

I Wonder if Phil will absorb all 3 of those contracts for Melo.... grab a first rounder from CLE and the right to swap 2 other future 1st round picks.

Then, Paul opts out and signs with CLE.

Paul
Kyrie
Lebron
Melo
Love

That would be a team that could compete with GSW.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Yup thanks KD for ruining this years' playoffs for all of us NBA fans...I would stop wearing his kicks if they weren't so damn comfy....But on a serious note this is so bad for basketball it's not even funny...I am literally not interested in watching the games...literally....I haven't watched one of these finals games from start to finish, not one. You when it's not your team that's in it you tune in for competitive viewing and this hasn't been. Awful for us NBA fans to watch so I hope KD enjoys his ring(s) while ruining the NBA for millions of us fans who have been tuning in since before he was born. I for one am tuned out and have watched less of this "Finals" as I have since I was a shorty. I remember when Moses Malone joined my 76ers back in 81-82 help them get over the hump to beat the Lakers to win a chip but this is different. That DR J/MM combo never made a dynasty as the Lakers/Celtics then Bad Bad Pistons ran the 80's. We now know who KD is. He was that kid on the playground that got the best kids on team to beat all the other kids until the gym teacher stepped in and split them up. Well Adam Silver needs to play that teacher and step in to break up the foolishness because outside of the "Yay Area" no one else is watching. Put an asterisk next to this chip and any subsequent chips won by this "superteam":(

I wouldn't mind KD joining a 3 all-star team back in the 1980's, because back then u had several dynamic teams in each conference in the league that had several different types of systems to win games, and series.
Today's NBA every team (at least 90%) want to be a high percentage 3 ball shooting team as if that's the only way to play NBA basketball.
The Cavs last night in game-3 actually shot 12 - 44 from the 3-ball line .. they deserve to be LOSERS!

The 2017 NCAA Basketball Final 16 teams were 100 % more exciting n competitive then the 2017 NBA FINALS n the conference Finals !!!

Broadway

All Star
Cavs getting swept best thing for Knicks....

What doomed CLE last night wasn't the GSW star power, but their bench.... CLE's bench and role player were badly outplayed by GSW reserves. Love had only 9 points (didn't help much).

Think about this.... Next year, Tristan Thompson, Shump, and Frye make a combined 35 mil! Thompson had 3 boards last night, Shump had 2 points last night and I never even saw Frye on the court? Then check out West and Livingston and AI and McGee.... deron and Jefferson couldn't even score a few Points and Korver missed a ton of open looks.

I Wonder if Phil will absorb all 3 of those contracts for Melo.... grab a first rounder from CLE and the right to swap 2 other future 1st round picks.

Then, Paul opts out and signs with CLE.

Paul
Kyrie
Lebron
Melo
Love

That would be a team that could compete with GSW.

Cleveland can't trade for Melo and sign Paul, not enough Cap Space and I'm not dreaming up any scenario to make the Cheats better Cheaters! :teeth:

I mean where do we stop? Say that Cleveland team beats GSW, then who does GSW need to get the following yr to beat Cleveland...Paul George? :teeth:

Cleveland's issue is defense...GSW 1st qrt of each game is averaging 38. I think GSW is averaging 120pts for the series. They either need to find some defenders or try to outscore them, the latter is probably going to be more difficult.

San Antonio had a model to do it before ZaZa's dirty play

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Cleveland can't trade for Melo and sign Paul, not enough Cap Space and I'm not dreaming up any scenario to make the Cheats better Cheaters! :teeth:

I mean where do we stop? Say that Cleveland team beats GSW, then who does GSW need to get the following yr to beat Cleveland...Paul George? :teeth:

If CLE trades Shunp or JR, TT and Frye for Melo .... I'm sure there always a MLE (or other exemption), but I doubt Paul plays for 1-2 mil.....

Still, I only care if it helps NYK.... And if we do what BOS did dealing PP and KG to NETs.... then I take future picks and right to swap bc that helps NYK down the line.

And, as a Yank fan (accustomed to loading up in free agency) I wont call it cheating.... bc rules allow this sort of star consolidation. And, NBA is built this way bc 1 HOF player impacts game so much.... nature of sport.... and rarely is there parity, even if there are competitive teams.....

History of NBA is always 1 or 2 super teams own NBA in 3-6 year spurts.

Broadway

All Star
If CLE trades Shunp or JR, TT and Frye for Melo .... I'm sure there always a MLE (or other exemption), but I doubt Paul plays for 1-2 mil.....

Still, I only care if it helps NYK.... And if we do what BOS did dealing PP and KG to NETs.... then I take future picks and right to swap bc that helps NYK down the line.

And, as a Yank fan (accustomed to loading up in free agency) I wont call it cheating.... bc rules allow this sort of star consolidation. And, NBA is built this way bc 1 HOF player impacts game so much.... nature of sport.... and rarely is there parity, even if there are competitive teams.....

History of NBA is always 1 or 2 super teams own NBA in 3-6 year spurts.

I could've said make the Rich Richer, but we can trade with Cleveland without the consideration of Paul's interests there. By all means please have at it taking Melo off our hands

Since Lebron is trying to make this a buddy buddy league behind closed doors that IMO is what makes it a cheating competitive league of imbalance. Lebron wants this to be a league where players show up to a court to ball he along with another person nominates themselves as captains and they start picking players to form a team. That's not how this league was designed to be. This isn't city playground parks a.k.a. Rucker where a team runs court all day-all night.

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Notice Michelle Beadle seemingly getting mad at Silver? Silver was acting like the boss who tells their employees in regards to there not being a good amount of positions open to use that as motivation to stand out and shine above the rest, which is just the economy making people believe that the job they're already doing isn't that good and important enough.

I'm looking at this positively though. These teams could load up, but then the top tier role players will go elsewhere and join the likes of Damian Lillard and C.J. Collum.

I actually love the Warriors, I just don't want this lack of competition to continue. LeBron carried weak teams, and when he finally gets all this talent, even he hasn't won a game against this Warriors (who knows if Curry was healthy last year if they would have even won a game then). I can see why people aren't happy about this, and I'm concerned as well.

As far as Durant's choice to join the Warriors, I know why people think it's weak, and maybe it is, but if you were him, and saw the opportunity to play for a team that fits HIS style perfectly, would you be intrigued? Me, I would have stuck with OKC (unless I had a team I'm a fan of before I even joined the NBA such as the Knicks) because I'd want to take the challenge, but hey, maybe he wasn't happy. And did OKC just get fortunate to even go up 3-1 against the Warriors? Portland was fortunate they didn't get swept last year too.

No matter what other teams do though, I don't know what it's gonna take for a team to beat a team that has three all-time great shooters and all the other great abilities they and the rest of the team has on offense and defense. As I said before, maybe the only way possible to beat them is to give them big man trouble like the Grizzlies and Spurs can do. I want the Knicks to make our big men a big focal point.

Last edited: