2017 NBA Playoffs

mafra

Legend
Kyrie was unreal in the third quarter.... he was in pure video game mode. Boston hung in tho, despite CLE making 21/24 shots at 1 point.

I know they won a game, but seriously, has any team ever been this badly humiliated in a conference finals as the Celtics this year? Friggin massacre

mafra

Legend
CLE obviously threw game 3.... they wanted to play 1 more road exhibition tuneup before Finals. While GSW sit for 11 days.... Cavs keep fresh and get a week to rest

tiger0330

Legend
I know they won a game, but seriously, has any team ever been this badly humiliated in a conference finals as the Celtics this year? Friggin massacre
The WC finals was the worst, the Warriors dominating like they did. I can't remember a more one sided playoffs then this year, boring from a fans perspective. I'm hoping the finals can at least be a great one matching last year's NBA finals.

mafra

Legend
At least SA got ahead by 25 points in game 1.... KL, a legit MBP candidate went down, and after that SA had no chance. But, had he not rolled his ankle twice.... things might be been different.

BOS, on the their hand, was destroyed 3 times in their own building. Twice with IT.... CLE toyed with them in Ohio.... making it appear BOS could be competitive.

Kiyaman

Legend
How do u call it? Lebron-Lebron are going to be in his seventh consecutive visit to the NBA FINALS!

The 2016-17 ECF and WCF SWEEPS were far from being competitive .. both series were like the 1992 USA Olympics original Dream-Team (Bird Magic MJ) vs the international teams best players.
How many games will take place in the NBA FINALS ???

mafra

Legend
I think series goes 6-7 games.... I don't think many games will be close tho.... each win will be a blowout.... there will be 2 games, at most, that are close, back and forth action in 4th.

I think CLE wins it bc they have the 2 best players.... Kyrie and Lebron. GSW is a deeper team, but I don't think that matters much.

tiger0330

Legend
ESPN NBA Finals poll. Not the blowout the conference finals were with some predicting the Cavs will win. I think the Cavs have more horses than last year with DWill and Korver but GS has KD and McGee who I think could be a factor. Two great teams who dominated their respective conferences so it should be a great series.

J.A.
Adande
i
Kevin
Arnovitz
i
Ian
Begley
i
Bradford
Doolittle
i
Amin
Elhassan
i
Jeremias
Engelmann
i
Chris
Forsberg
i
Nick
Friedell
i
Israel
Gutierrez
i
Tom
Haberstroh
i
Andrew
Han
i
Chris
Haynes
i
Chris
Herring
i
Baxter
Holmes
i
Tim
Legler
i
Zach
Lowe
i
Tim
MacMahon
i
Jackie
MacMullan
i
Arash
Markazi
i
Dave
McMenamin
i
Kevin
Pelton
i
Ramona
Shelburne
i
Marc
Spears
i
Mike
Wise
i
Michael
Wright
i
Royce
Young
i
Ohm
Youngmisuk
i

Kiyaman

Legend
Being that no fans or no sports announcers/writers made any fuss bout Durant signing on to GS Warriors ..
Plus the Kawhi Leonard Spurs were blowing-out GS by 20 points at halftime in their first game of the series ..
I'm hoping the Cavs WIN the FINALS in 6 games.

tiger0330

Legend
Game 1 started well, trading baskets and both teams playing great defense but GS took over and now have a 21 pt lead 11 mins left in the game. Too many weapons on that GS team and too many mistakes by the Cavs.

Kiyaman

Legend
Fourth Quarter .. the Cavs look bad being down by 21 pts having 4 min left in game .. crazy
..Lebron collected 8 turn-overs before the 4th qtr.
..Kover's shooting 0-3 from 3 ball line
..JRsmith n Shumpert are playing their old clueless game
..D.Williams played like he had a Nets uniform on
..Triston playing 22 minutes
..no tandem of Triston /Jefferson in lineup to keep Green out the paint

Durant n Curry .............................

Kiyaman

Legend
Game 1 started well, trading baskets and both teams playing great defense but GS took over and now have a 21 pt lead 11 mins left in the game. Too many weapons on that GS team and too many mistakes by the Cavs.

So True -- So True!
Cavs in 6 games ....

tiger0330

Legend
Fourth Quarter .. the Cavs look bad being down by 21 pts having 4 min left in game .. crazy
..Lebron collected 8 turn-overs before the 4th qtr.
..Kover's shooting 0-3 from 3 ball line
..JRsmith n Shumpert are playing their old clueless game
..D.Williams played like he had a Nets uniform on
..Triston playing 22 minutes
..no tandem of Triston /Jefferson in lineup to keep Green out the paint

Durant n Curry .............................
They definitely need production out of Korver and DWill to have any chance. Klay didn't have a good game and Dray was OK, that's the depth of the Warriors, next game Curry or KD might be cold and Klay or Dray might take over.

Cavs need to steal game 2 at Oracle.

Kiyaman

Legend
The turn-over ratio in the first-game of the FINALS are unreal .. GS 4 .. Cavs 20

If Phil select a PG with the 8th pick plus expect the rookie to be a starter at the start of 2017-16 season ..
A starting rookie PG would get the Knicks a lot of turn-over ratio game next season as above

tiger0330

Legend
They definitely need production out of Korver and DWill to have any chance. Klay didn't have a good game and Dray was OK, that's the depth of the Warriors, next game Curry or KD might be cold and Klay or Dray might take over.

Cavs need to steal game 2 at Oracle.
Klay's turn, the Warriors have 3 guys that can knock down 35 ft 3s. Too much firepower and they play D, how many times did Breen yell BLOCK during the game. Game 3 obviously a must win for the Cavs. Warriors looked great in Oracle.

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Cavs probably calling Phil for Melo
I can see that, although Love has been playing well and is a much better teammate than Melo. Yeah, he's friends with LeBron, but I don't know. No way should we take back Love though. I'd rather keep Melo.

I wonder if Kyrie doesn't have a big game LeBron would be wanting to trade Kyrie to the Clippers for Paul, and also be wanting to trade for Melo and Wade. He did say he wants them all to be on the same team one day, and he wasn't joking around either. He might want this to happen immediately depending on the outcome of this series which I've said before this series started and am sticking to it that it's gonna be a sweep.

Broadway

All Star
I can see that, although Love has been playing well and is a much better teammate than Melo. Yeah, he's friends with LeBron, but I don't know. No way should we take back Love though. I'd rather keep Melo.

I wonder if Kyrie doesn't have a big game LeBron would be wanting to trade Kyrie to the Clippers for Paul, and also be wanting to trade for Melo and Wade. He did say he wants them all to be on the same team one day, and he wasn't joking around either. He might want this to happen immediately depending on the outcome of this series which I've said before this series started and am sticking to it that it's gonna be a sweep.

GSW is the better team, they were better last yr before the Draymond Green ejection and Bogut injury. Lebron started this super team BS in 2010 and he's getting his own medicine shoved down his throat. Durant will never be considered a true great IMO because he copied a fraud and became a fraud, although he's playing like the best player in the NBA at least this series. Where was this KD last yr playing alongside WB?

What a mockery all these players have made this game to be. Lebron is not Jordan, Durant should be ashamed of himself...Curry is a frontrunner and the last 2-3yrs has been a joke of hype. The Finals haven't been entertaining that much or at least not competitive, which is what I was hoping for. Everybody like sheep clamored for this matchup and it's not delivering.

Maybe fans have forgot or have a serious case of CTE but the NBA is not supposed to be WWF/WWE but they drink this script like it's kool-aid!

That's why I'm pulling so hard for this fresh new generation of players because I don't think they will be like the current greats, even if they happen to fall a little short of peak talent they may become more renaissance in nature. At least that's what I hope for.