2018 NBA Playoffs

tiger0330

Legend
OKC is about to get bounced must win game tonight and I’m missing it on NBA TV:( poor coaching by Billy Donovan leaving Westbrook in to pick up his 4th foul with under 2 minutes remaining in the 1st half. Melo looks finished and “Playoff P” has only shown up for one game um um um :(
They got another half of bball. What a choke job if they lose tonight, the OKC building is usually loud but the Jazz have taken the OKC 6th man completely out of the game. 2 things I'll say with certainty, PG is not staying and Melo will opt in making it the big 2 next year in OKC if you can even consider Melo who is past his prime an NBA star anymore.

jimkcchief88

All Star
They got another half of bball. What a choke job if they lose tonight, the OKC building is usually loud but the Jazz have taken the OKC 6th man completely out of the game. 2 things I'll say with certainty, PG is not staying and Melo will opt in making it the big 2 next year in OKC if you can even consider Melo who is past his prime an NBA star anymore.

True dat OKC ?storms? back to tie it up end of 3rd quarter. Damn NBA TV😡

tiger0330

Legend
Announcers talking about OKC only having 9 assists but who are Russ and PG going to pass the ball to? PatPat, Abrines, Grant??? Not only is Melo not a star anymore but they have no depth.

Kiyaman

Legend
True dat OKC “storms” back to tie it up end of 3rd quarter. Damn NBA TV��

OKC storms back into the game to take the lead having Melo on the bench (Grant replacing Melo), after being down by 20 in the 3rd.

96 - 91 OKC having 6 min left in game

tiger0330

Legend
Announcers talking about OKC only having 9 assists but who are Russ and PG going to pass the ball to? PatPat, Abrines, Grant??? Not only is Melo not a star anymore but they have no depth.
Russ drives the basket and passes to Abrines in the right corner for a big 3 to go up 5 96-91 6 mins left.

Kiyaman

Legend
The legend of LBJ. Not only does he score almost half of the Cavs points, 44 pts on 24 shots he blocks Oladipo 2 pt layup to win the game for Indy with 4 secs left and then hits a game winning 3 at the buzzer. Cavs go up 3-2 but as great as Lebron is he needs help if they're going to make it to the EC finals.

I have this series going to 7 games .. Lebron has to have another triple-double 40 pt performance game to get to the 2nd round.

tiger0330

Legend
Biggest comeback in playoff history? Thats what the announcer said, props to Russ and PG for putting the Thunder on their backs and taking the series back to Salt Lake for game 6.

mafra

Legend
What? After my son?s baseball game, I saw CLE was up by 20 in the third so I went to play hoops tonight. Come home to read this?!?

Oladipo (and NBA) said block was a goaltend and should?ve counted. WTF! Why have replay if you can?t correct that? Imagine if that were NYK, how irate would I be!!!!m

OKC goes on a 61-28 run... about 80 points from RW and PG! Melo is a bum...

tiger0330

Legend
What? After my son’s baseball game, I saw CLE was up by 20 in the third so I went to play hoops tonight. Come home to read this?!?

Oladipo (and NBA) said block was a goaltend and should’ve counted. WTF! Why have replay if you can’t correct that? Imagine if that were NYK, how irate would I be!!!!m

OKC goes on a 61-28 run... about 80 points from RW and PG! Melo is a bum...
Read it was reviewable but you need a whistle to trigger the review. NBA really needs to clean up the review system, there was a timeout before Lebrons 3, they could have reviewed it then and given IND the 2 pts like they change 3 pt shots to 2 pt shots.

mafra

Legend
I couldn?t tell from the replay, but I was watching it on a phone.

It?s pivotal game 5 with possible historic implications... all iffy calls AND plays in the final minute should be reviewed regardless, otherwise the system is arbitrary, punitive, and unfairly biased.

They review everything these days, but then refuse to doublecheck critical plays because of legalistic interpretations, which then betrays the spirit and intention of the system to begin with.

Makes no sense....

Just liked it pissed me off RW wasn?t suspended... he was on the sidelines... altercation occurs... he steps in court and involves himself in the fracas... but no suspension?

How many players get away with this in the playoffs? Yet NYK and Pho got screwed bc of the same rule?

Kiyaman

Legend
Raptors 108 - Wizards 98 .. Raptors lead series 3-2
A close game for 3 quarters, the Raptors 4th quarter team-defense closed-out the game for the Raptors win.
Lowry & DeRozan combine for 49 pt, 4 rb, 15 dimes, 3 stl, and 5 turnover performance. Wall & Beal combine for a 46 pt, 13 rb, 12 dimes, 2 stl, 3 blk, and 10 turnover performance.

Cavs 98 - Pacers 95 .. Cavs lead series 3-2
Lebron + Lebron + Lebron .. 44 pt, 10 rb, 8 dimes, 1 stl, and the game winning block.
Wow! The Cavs rotation look like they are not suppose to make it pass the first round.
Game 6 will be in Indiana on Friday where the Pacers loud-crowd wins games.

Rockets 122 - Wolves 104 .. Rockets won series 4-1
Town's had a decent night scoring 23 pt on 9-14 fga, 14 rb, 4 dimes, and 1 block.
I still believe Towns should've played the majority of his minute at the PF position in his first postseason appearance.
The Rockets center Capela put up a closer performance on the Wolves by scoring 26 pt on 12-14 fga, plus grabbed 15 rebounds.
The Wolves & Heat & Suns will be looking to trade players in the off-season .. any suggestion Knicks fans?

OKC 107 - Jazz 99 .. Jazz leads series 3-2
The Jazz showed up tonight ready to close-out the series by their performance in the first two quarters of this game by grabbing a 56 - 41 Utah Jazz lead at Half-Time.
Westbrook practically went solo to score 20 of his 45 points in the 3rd quarter on a SSOL performance to tie the game at the end of the 3rd quarter (Remakable performance !!!).
Westbrook (Lil-Lebron) had a dynamic performance tonight scoring 45 pt, 15 rb, 7 dimes, and 5 turnovers in 44 minute. Paul George stepped up his performance tonight to score 34 pt, 8 rb, 2 dimes, 2 stl, 1 blk, plus become the 4th qtr. closer for the win.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Unbelievable comeback by OKC!!! Can the Thunder can survive Game 6 at Utah??? Oh oh Broadway:). Both 4-5 matchups East/West turning into classic series!!!? Quiet as kept this years NBA Playoffs are off to a incredible start!!!

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star

Playoff P is more than likely staying, he's basically said so on several occasions this yr...even recently. He doesn't have quite the impact on the overall series as in yrs past but his playoff numbers are about as good as they've ever been in his career

Melo otoh when he was a Knick I told everyone he's not opting out of that deal. Melo is the grease ball slug I've said he's been for several yrs now. Some were just too stubborn to accept this reality. AN incredible non factor all series

Lebron goaltended on Oladipo but it was a incredible play nonetheless and the bad calls balanced themselves out in then end

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
I couldn’t tell from the replay, but I was watching it on a phone.

It’s pivotal game 5 with possible historic implications... all iffy calls AND plays in the final minute should be reviewed regardless, otherwise the system is arbitrary, punitive, and unfairly biased.

They review everything these days, but then refuse to doublecheck critical plays because of legalistic interpretations, which then betrays the spirit and intention of the system to begin with.

Makes no sense....

Just liked it pissed me off RW wasn’t suspended... he was on the sidelines... altercation occurs... he steps in court and involves himself in the fracas... but no suspension?

How many players get away with this in the playoffs? Yet NYK and Pho got screwed bc of the same rule?

Reffing is bad no matter what situation/place and time/circumstances involved! Can the stakes ever be higher as each game goes by? I think with Westbrook they looked at him as being part of the game by scorers table location signaled for a check in by ref...instead of on the bench. Very suspect still...there wasn't a concrete rule in place thus Russ got what is akin to a plea deal

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Unbelievable comeback by OKC!!! Can the Thunder can survive Game 6 at Utah??? Oh oh Broadway:). Both 4-5 matchups East/West turning into classic series!!!’ Quiet as kept this years NBA Playoffs are off to a incredible start!!!

There is no Uh-Oh!

If they come back to win, they still would've been pushed to their limits. Yesterday they were even down 25 in a must win, in their house. Utah has outplayed them the majority of this series and Melo hasn't done jack squat...FAT BOY is just showing up for the FREE FOOD like the free loading BUM he is.

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
There is no Uh-Oh!

If they come back to win, they still would've been pushed to their limits. Yesterday they were even down 25 in a must win, in their house. Utah has outplayed them the majority of this series and Melo hasn't done jack squat...FAT BOY is just showing up for the FREE FOOD like the free loading BUM he is.

Melo may have been on the bench during the big comeback last night, but OKC will still need his scoring to win this series. Westbrook and ?Playoff P? had historic numbers last night. Historic. Melo is going to need his 15-20 for OKC to win at Utah or its over. Book it.

Broadway

All Star
Melo may have been on the bench during the big comeback last night, but OKC will still need his scoring to win this series. Westbrook and “Playoff P” had historic numbers last night. Historic. Melo is going to need his 15-20 for OKC to win at Utah or its over. Book it.

That's like saying OKC will need their bench to step up and provide if they want to win this series...gthoh with this trash.

He's overrated slime and everyone knows it now and are letting him and his minion militia have it on social media, as they should!