Allen Iverson and T-Mac

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Do you want either or both of them next year in our starting line-up/bench?

I do. The rest should be defensive and rebounding players.

Discuss.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
How on earth would we benefit from Iverson's hogging the ball with 2 better players?

Fandom VS sense on this one.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Crazy⑧s;177880 said:
How on earth would we benefit from Iverson's hogging the ball with 2 better players?

Fandom VS sense on this one.
I am a big fan, but his second run with the Sixers he didn't play the same way anymore. Douglas shot twice as much this season as much as his run there.

Last edited:

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
sorry **** Iverson lol.

But, I'm LOVING the idea of T-Mac coming back if he comes back for veterans minimum. PERFECT solution to our 2 guard issue.

He looked great this year with the Pistons. He's really getting his knees back and he still believes he can get close to being back to his old self. He's legit a pass first player nowadays. His jumpers a little off but it'll get there when his knee improves more.

I talked to him on twitter and told him i'd personally give him 10 million to sign here for the minimum. He responded and said that he's down for that lol. So all I gotta do is come up with the cash.

BRING BACK MAC ATTACK

p0nder

Starter
AI i think can still ball but he's never been a pass first PG so I don't think he really fits in the game plan.

T-Mac hoever would be a great player to have starting at the 2 spot, shareing minutes with fields. hat would be great. I felt T-mac had a lot to offer on a cheap contract when we had him and if we could sign him I think he would be effective playing 20-25 minutes a game.

Blumatic

Rotation player
I dont know about T-Mac. Like Melo he likes to size up his opponent. He would have to augment his game. Our two guard needs to be like Rip Hamilton. A guy who runs off screens at takes shots. I think Fields can be that guy, ofcourse on a much lower level. Fields is fast and has energy. He alwys benefitted on ball movement. Again not to make comparisons but teh reason why Ray Allen killed us in game 3 and 4 was because the ball movemet and his own was so good. The Defense would just lose him. We just cant have Landry handling the ball all the time, he will just lose it.

Bring back Tmac, even in the twilight of his career he's 1000 times the player Fields is.

Iverson is done in the NBA, not even shit teams like Cleveland or Sacramento signed him this season, despite their issues at PG. Says a lot about A.I. these days.

Tmac looked good in Detroit the few times I watched him play this season.

Iverson - No sorry but i don't see how he can help us

TMac - If we can sign him on a vet minimum i wouldn't mind but i still think we're going to sign a guy like Reggie Williams for cheap.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
the only spot on this roster i'd give to iverson is rautins'. if td, landry, walker etc all get hurt you can put him out there and not let him see the ball ever. tmac i would love if he'd come cheap and not interfere with us getting our stud center.

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
T-Mac is done, he plays little to no defense.

the old t-mac played defense like Melo. Played it in spurts. Could lock down when he wanted and needed to.

The new T-Mac on the Pistons is much more team oriented now that he realizes he's not putting up 20 a game. I watched him a lot. He plays much better defense. FANTASTIC hands and instincts. He guarded Lebron James one possession. James tried to back him down and give him a turnaround J. Mac blocked that shit back in his face.

KingCharles34

All Star
Iverson did play unselfish in his 2nd run with Philly but I still dont think hes the answer, same goes with Tmac. McGrady had some nice games but he had some games where he did absolutely nothing. I got alotta respect for these guys and what they were in their primes but i guarantee neither of them will be on the Knicks in September, October, or any time in the future

STAT1

Starter
the old t-mac played defense like Melo. Played it in spurts. Could lock down when he wanted and needed to.

The new T-Mac on the Pistons is much more team oriented now that he realizes he's not putting up 20 a game. I watched him a lot. He plays much better defense. FANTASTIC hands and instincts. He guarded Lebron James one possession. James tried to back him down and give him a turnaround J. Mac blocked that shit back in his face.

If you say so I'll have to take your word for it, admittedly I haven't been watching much of him play in Detroit. All I know is when he was playing in NY his knees were completely shot he could barely make any lateral movement at all & guys were blowing past him on defense at will.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
If you say so I'll have to take your word for it, admittedly I haven't been watching much of him play in Detroit. All I know is when he was playing in NY his knees were completely shot he could barely make any lateral movement at all & guys were blowing past him on defense at will.
Yeah I remember that when he was with us. It's not that he didn't want to try to defend, it's that he couldn't.

He's been MUCH healthier though. I had League Pass, so I saw enough that he still has a lot left.

elcol

Rotation player
tmac is one of my all time favorites id love him back on the team once the legs come back everything else will come with it