Bosh or Amare?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I think it depends on what position you are looking to fill. I feel Bosh is better at the 4, Bosh had better defensive numbers at the 4, where Amare seems to be suited for either the 4 or 5 position. You could have Amare at the 5, Harrington at the 4 and Chandler at the 3... This seems to me to be the most athletic and versatile lineup.
What the Knicks could do is, sign bosh to play the 4, bide their time and make a run at Dwight Howard in 2012. If they manage the cap correctly; this could be a very plausable scenario.
I had a similar thought re the potential of a sign Bosh and trade for Howard. Stranger things have happened. Imagine the rim rocking like a boat wit those 2.

petescud

Starter
Wow, i was reading this, and like WTF. Either people misread Bosh as a player, or under-estimated Amar'e. I think Amar'e is better all around player and much more of a Leader then Bosh...I really don't think the Knicks would even be a .500 team with Bosh instead of Amar'e...

knicksin60

Starter
I like seeing these type of threads in this new era of Knick basketball.

I got so tired of reading "Eddy Curry or Jerome James?" threads.

p0nder

Starter
Heh, I was definitely on the Bosh bandwagon before but I'm a believer in Amar'e now!

I think we'd be the new raptors if we had Bosh instead of Amar'e... a struggling team with no clear leader. Amar'e is just made for New York. Bosh has disappeared in Miami.

Sage

Rotation player
Haha I didn't realise this had been bumped until halfway down the first page. I'm like wtf are you guys talking about, Bosh!? Seriously?!...

KingCharles34

All Star
For some reason i dont like bosh....or the toronto craptors but i do think bosh is a little bit better then amare. If it wasnt for that injury amare might be the best big man in the game but i think he clearly lost a step. I remember him dominating and sonning tim duncan in the playoffs before the injury. He hasnt been able to do that since.

smh @ your soft b*tchmade faggit ass for sayin this wack sh*t
icon13.gif

neg rep

knicks1183

Benchwarmer
i can recall shaq calling bosh.."the rupaul of the nba" lol. Ever since then his image to me has been tarnished lol

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
BUMP THIS.....LOL.....the whole board was against amare

I don't think anyone was against Amare, we were just stating opinions based on what we saw out of both players 2 years ago. In fact, I came arounds a year later and emphatically stated that Amare was better. A few years ago Amare was struggling, especially when Phoenix got Shaq and Amare moved to the 4... He really seemed to struggle. Bosh, on the other hand was just dominating and having one of his better years. Also, it depends on the system.. The system will either make or break a player. Amare is excelling in this system right now so it worked out great for everyone.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
LMAO. Wow, we were so wrong. Although to be fair, a lot of people's main issue with Amare was his durability and that facet of his Knick career remains to be determined.

Toons

is the Bo$$
We have some nut-hugger posters here that dont have a mind of their own. It wasnt just durability, real all of the posts, it was said that amare wasnt a good rebounder, he was injured and wont recover fully, bosh is better etc. I know i neve rthrew in my two cents on this topic, but im sure in another topic i was totally against CB. I hate his soft ass game, and the gay commercial he did in texas for all star break. we were all wrong, and im glad that we were.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
We have some nut-hugger posters here that dont have a mind of their own. It wasnt just durability, real all of the posts, it was said that amare wasnt a good rebounder, he was injured and wont recover fully, bosh is better etc. I know i neve rthrew in my two cents on this topic, but im sure in another topic i was totally against CB. I hate his soft ass game, and the gay commercial he did in texas for all star break. we were all wrong, and im glad that we were.

You are very correct. (I guess I was mainly speaking for myself because, at the time, I said Bosh and my main reason was concerns over Amare's durability. However, as last season went on, I noticed two things: 1) Amare played in almost every game contributing major minutes, and 2) Down the stretch last season, he was legitimately one of the 2 or 3 best players in the league, night in and night out. So by the start of free agency, I was actually higher on Amare than Bosh)

paris401

Starter
only word that comes to mind when i hear 'amare' is....beast...

i knew he was good with the suns, he is kickin ass this season...

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Obviously we're in good shape either way. I think I would go with Bosh, even though Amare is very talented. Bosh is a better shooter and rebounder, and I think he would fit in better with Lebron.

sdfu ur so dumb. ur saying bosh is a better PF then Amare, ;( dumbazz of the week