Bosh or Amare?

automatic

Rookie
Bosh is a better rebounder,

than who? bosh doesn't rebound hard period. i live in canada, i've seen tons of raptors games over the last four years (the canadian sports channels play tons of raptors games), and most of bosh's rebounds were of the "big-guy-standing-around-ball-comes-to-him" kind, and not the "player-fighting-for-it" kind; bosh is weak on the glass.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
We have some nut-hugger posters here that dont have a mind of their own. It wasnt just durability, real all of the posts, it was said that amare wasnt a good rebounder, he was injured and wont recover fully, bosh is better etc. I know i neve rthrew in my two cents on this topic, but im sure in another topic i was totally against CB. I hate his soft ass game, and the gay commercial he did in texas for all star break. we were all wrong, and im glad that we were.

If you do not have skin in the game, you can't judge the users that went out on a limb with an opinion.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
than who? bosh doesn't rebound hard period. i live in canada, i've seen tons of raptors games over the last four years (the canadian sports channels play tons of raptors games), and most of bosh's rebounds were of the "big-guy-standing-around-ball-comes-to-him" kind, and not the "player-fighting-for-it" kind; bosh is weak on the glass.

You fault a guy for having the ability to be in the right place at the right time?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Positioning is just as important a skill as hustle and height when it comes to rebounding. Players with high basketball IQ that have a good feel for where the ball ends up are just as effective at rebounding as taller players who hustle more for them.

That being said Bosh is still soft and Amar'e is a beast. Amar'e has come through in ways I can't even imagine.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
While Amar'e Stoudemire is a more explosive scorer, we do have to take into consideration that Bosh would be averaging more points and rebounds, if he wasn't sharing the ball with Wade and Lebron.

Stoudemire's numbers would be down, too, if he was playing with Wade and Lebron.

With that being said, Stoudemire is the better player, overall.

Bosh is a better regular season player, and he can lead a bad team to the playoffs single handedly, but he sucks in the playoffs. Stoudemire dominates in the playoffs. For ex: his 40+ point games against the 5x champion Lakers and 4x champion Spurs. That's what separates the two.

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
Bosh is a better regular season player, and he can lead a bad team to the playoffs single handedly, but he sucks in the playoffs. Stoudemire dominates in the playoffs. For ex: his 40+ point games against the 5x champion Lakers and 4x champion Spurs. That's what separates the two.

Ok but at the same time making the playoffs with the Raptors is not like making them with the Suns...

(In any case I hate Bosh)

KingCharles34

All Star
We have some nut-hugger posters here that dont have a mind of their own. It wasnt just durability, real all of the posts, it was said that amare wasnt a good rebounder, he was injured and wont recover fully, bosh is better etc. I know i neve rthrew in my two cents on this topic, but im sure in another topic i was totally against CB. I hate his soft ass game, and the gay commercial he did in texas for all star break. we were all wrong, and im glad that we were.

I cant agree with u about the nut-hugger posters here, I dont blame anyone for saying Bosh was better a few years ago. Amare wasnt even himself until February of this year, 10 months ago. At one point after the eye injury they thought he might never play again, hes had all kinds of injury problems. I've watched him his whole career and even now hes not as athletic as he was before the knee surgeries but this is the best hes been.

I would agree with you if most of these comments were made this summer/spring before we got Amare, it was very obvious by the time the playoffs were done last year who was better. Bosh was at home, after failing to get the Raptors to the playoffs even in a weak EC. It was clear to me that he wasnt a franchise player. Stoudemire dropped 42 against LA, I believe that was the most points scored by any player in the playoffs last year against LA