Christianity in 30 Seconds

TunerAddict

Starter
The "NEW WORLD TRANSLATION" is just meant to be what it says, a translation for a new world. JW's at one time used the King James bible. In fact that is what we used from the late 1800's to mid 1900's. But no one speaks the way that translation does anymore, so the aim was for better understanding for one thing, not to change flaws.

Secondly, it is the only biblical rendering that is based off of the original Hebrew and greek languages. Every other translation is made from spanish.

Because of this, the name Jehovah appears 7k times in the hebrew scriptures, as it does in the very hebrew scriptures. It does not do so in any other bible.

So it was made to truly glorify Jehovah, by reinstalling the divine name, and being rendered as closely as possible with the actual original languages, while also making it an easier read for our generation.

What people? How about posting the scriptures, and giving us your rendition of what will take place.

Do you really think God is backing earthly Israel? If so, why?

This clearly implies a future time. So for you to say it's flawed pre revelation is presumptious.

Also, Magog has amuch deeper meaning than simply a place in Russia, contrary to popular teaching.

The map of the bible shows where those spoken of inhabited and traveled at the time It shows places where God's biblical word impacted. That then was the known world to those involved. Quite simple.

Christians
are commanded to ?abstain from blood?
Acts 15:28, 29: "The holy spirit and we ourselves [the governing body of the Christian congregation] have favored adding no further burden to you, except these necessary things, to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled [or, killed without draining their blood] and from fornication. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!" (There the eating of blood is equated with idolatry and fornication, things that we should not want to engage in.)​

Blood Transfusions
Does the Bible?s prohibition include human blood?
Yes, and early Christians understood it that way. Acts 15:29 says to "keep abstaining from . . . blood." It does not say merely to abstain from animal blood. (Compare Leviticus 17:10, which prohibited eating "any sort of blood.") Tertullian (who wrote in defense of the beliefs of early Christians) stated: "The interdict upon ?blood? we shall understand to be (an interdict) much more upon human blood."?The Ante-Nicene Fathers, Vol. IV, p. 86.

Is a transfusion really the same as eating blood?
In a hospital, when a patient cannot eat through his mouth, he is fed intravenously. Now, would a person who never put blood into his mouth but who accepted blood by transfusion really be obeying the command to "keep abstaining from . . . blood"? (Acts 15:29) To use a comparison, consider a man who is told by the doctor that he must abstain from alcohol. Would he be obedient if he quit drinking alcohol but had it put directly into his veins?

In the case of a patient that refuses blood, are there any alternative treatments?
Often simple saline solution, Ringer?s solution, and dextran can be used as plasma volume expanders, and these are available in nearly all modern hospitals. Actually, the risks that go with use of blood transfusions are avoided by using these substances. The Canadian Anaesthetists? Society Journal (January 1975, p. 12) says: "The risks of blood transfusion are the advantages of plasma substitutes: avoidance of bacterial or viral infection, transfusion reactions and Rh sensitization." Jehovah?s Witnesses have no religious objection to the use of nonblood plasma expanders.​

Jehovah?s
Witnesses actually benefit from better medical treatment because they do not accept blood. A doctor writing in the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (June 1, 1968, p. 395) acknowledged: "There is no doubt that the situation where you [the surgeon] are operating without the possibility of transfusion tends to improve your surgery. You are a little bit more aggressive in clamping every bleeding vessel."​

All
types of surgery can be performed successfully without blood transfusions. This includes open-heart operations, brain surgery, amputation of limbs, and total removal of cancerous organs. Writing in the New York State Journal of Medicine (October 15, 1972, p. 2527), Dr. Philip Roen said: "We have not hesitated to perform any and all indicated surgical procedures in the face of proscribed blood replacement." Dr. Denton Cooley, at the Texas Heart Institute, said: "We became so impressed with the results [from using nonblood plasma expanders] on the Jehovah?s Witnesses that we started using the procedure on all our heart patients." (The San Diego Union, December 27, 1970, p. A-10) "?Bloodless? open-heart surgery, originally developed for adult members of the Jehovah?s Witnesses sect because their religion forbids blood transfusions, now has been safely adapted for use in delicate cardiac procedures in infants and children."?Cardiovascular News, February 1984, p. 5.​

lol. You're funny.

WOW!! Did you actually read what you quoted? Or did you just not understand?

Their results show the genomes of modern humans and Neanderthals are at least 99.5% identical, but despite this genetic similarity, and despite the two species having coexisted in the same geographic region for thousands of years, Rubin and his team did not find any evidence of any significant crossbreeding between the two.

While unable to definitively conclude that interbreeding between the two species of humans did not occur, analysis of the nuclear DNA from the Neanderthal suggests the low likelihood of it having occurred at any appreciable level.?

Two species, means two species. Not one. Genus same = Homo; Species different = neanderthalensis (neaderthal man); sapiens (modern man). Two different species. Come on now man. You really need to read quotes before you use them to defend your arguments. These quotes prove evolution.

In a study conducted by Australian National University graduate student Greg Adcockl and others in 1995[1], mitochondrial DNA was collected from bone fragments from Mungo Man's skeleton and analysed. The mtDNA was compared with samples taken from several other ancient Australian human skeletons, a Neanderthal mtDNA sequence, modern day living Australian Aborigines, and other living humans.

Neanderthal man did not live in Australia. He was referring to other ancient Australian human skeletons in the same group as Mungo Man.

I guess I understand how you guys misinterpret the bible so frequently. You can't even read a simple sentence and understand what they are saying. The english language requires you to read the entire sentence in order to understand the author's argument or viewpoint. Not just 2 or 3 words within the sentence.

Wait a second. You sit here telling me to read and such, when you're the guy the who says Neanderthals are not human. Yet now you say they wre a species of human, or man.

This is what you said a few posts back
"Neanderthal mtDNA is not within the variability of human mtDNA. So they were not human."

Here is the link to the page, so you can see I am not twisting your words.
http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5184&page=16

Rubin called neanderthals humans. So who is right, you or him?

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Check-Mate

Clearly, you need to be quiet. How can you even argue for anything, when you say that people eat through their veins. People can't be fed through their veins: feeding tubes are used to feed people through their belly button, when, and if, they're unable to feed themselves through their mouths.

Eating blood is a cultural aspect, prevalent amongst the neighbors of the Hebrew, who would often be without water or who saw the nutritional benefits of blood. They don't prohibit the eating of guinea pig because they never saw the people of the Andes eating them, because the people who made up the bible only know about their society and their culture.

If your book is so right, it should mention blood transfusions and feeding tubes. Your group, as well as others, has failed to do anything at all to improve the world. In fact, your group is so superficial that it makes Judge Judy look like the Dalai Lama. This is the same group that spends its time talking about people's clothes and cleanliness, when Jesus rarely took a bath, having roamed the deserts for most of his life, and begged for housing and food.

You folks base everything on self-serving, egotistical beliefs: "I'm going to heaven!," "I'm 144,000," "I'm better than you because I risk my life for not taking blood transfusions," rather than substance and spirituality. If there was some substance, you'd say to the flock, "don't worry about material appearance, something which is used to hide inner filth and inner tackiness." Instead, you play the ego trip: "We have the truth," "Jesus was a Jehovah witness." This is nothing new, it's tantamount to people on here saying, "Knicks are the best, we have the best center of all time." You even show this in how you respond to abcd in a smug, condescending fashion.

You're just a part of the compost of religious dogma and faux spirituality. You don't care about truth or God, you care about an idea and its extended family of ego-boosting concepts.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Wait a second. You sit here telling me to read and such, when you're the guy the who says Neanderthals are not human. Yet now you say they wre a species of human, or man.

This is what you said a few posts back
"Neanderthal mtDNA is not within the variability of human mtDNA. So they were not human."

Here is the link to the page, so you can see I am not twisting your words.
http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5184&page=16

Rubin called neanderthals humans. So who is right, you or him?

He's not saying they're humans. Nor am I. We're both in agreement. It's in reference to modern man (homo sapiens). Like there are many different species of apes and monkeys. Chimpanzees, spider monkeys, baboons, gorillas, etc. Today there is only one species of the homo genus. Before there were two species living in the same area at the same time. I don't think you understand the nomenclature of species. Two species means two different species. You are trying to throw Neanderthal man into the same species as modern man, when they are different, and their DNA proves it.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The "NEW WORLD TRANSLATION" is just meant to be what it says, a translation for a new world. JW's at one time used the King James bible. In fact that is what we used from the late 1800's to mid 1900's. But no one speaks the way that translation does anymore, so the aim was for better understanding for one thing, not to change flaws.
Originally posted by Knicks4lyfe:
"Do you think that God is backing the Earthly Israel?"

ABCD's respone
Answer: Yes, it's in the Prophecy.
Ezekial Chapter 38:18
And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, that my fury shall come up in my face.

Ezekial 39:6
And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the LORD.

Ezekial Chapter 38:14
Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord GOD; In that day when my people of Israel dwelleth safely, shalt thou not know it?

Ezekiel Chapter 39:29

Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

The Bible also predicts that the armies will fight with horses, even though countries don't fight with horses anymore.

3 quotes that predict we will fight with horses:
Ezekiel 38:4
And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:

Ezekiel 38:15
And thou shalt come from thy place out of the north parts, thou, and many people with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company, and a mighty army:

Ezekiel 39:20
Thus ye shall be filled at my table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord GOD.

The prophecy also predicts that Ethiopia, Libya, and present day Algeria will go to war with Israel. This has not occured.
Ezekiel Chapter 38: 4-8
4 And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:
5) Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet: 6 Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee.
7 Be thou prepared, and prepare for thyself, thou, and all thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them.
8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

This quote not only shows that God supports Israel, it also says that Magog will be put on fire by God. Magog has not been put on fire, to this day, by God.

And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the LORD.

I purposely only used direct quotes from the Bible, so that the only way Knicks4lyfe could have an answer is, if he changes what's in the Bible. Have fun changing parts of the Bible, so that you're satisfied with what it says, Knicks4lyfe.

http://www.christiananswers.net/bible/ezek38.html

Last edited:
Clearly, you need to be quiet. How can you even argue for anything, when you say that people eat through their veins. People can't be fed through their veins: feeding tubes are used to feed people through their belly button, when, and if, they're unable to feed themselves through their mouths.
I have really bad asthma. When I was 11, they were inches away from cutting a hole in my throat to help me breath after I had a serious attack. Fortunately, I ended up not needing to have it done, but I could not eat solid food for a few days due to some procedures. Supposedly, I was fed intravenously. You say that can't happen. I'm guessing you're a doctor.

Eating blood is a cultural aspect, prevalent amongst the neighbors of the Hebrew, who would often be without water or who saw the nutritional benefits of blood. They don't prohibit the eating of guinea pig because they never saw the people of the Andes eating them, because the people who made up the bible only know about their society and their culture.
Not too familiar with this.

If your book is so right, it should mention blood transfusions and feeding tubes.
It was finished long before these options were available. And it clearly says to abstain from blood in a wide range of aspects.

Your group, as well as others, has failed to do anything at all to improve the world. In fact, your group is so superficial that it makes Judge Judy look like the Dalai Lama. This is the same group that spends its time talking about people's clothes and cleanliness, when Jesus rarely took a bath, having roamed the deserts for most of his life, and begged for housing and food.
I find the first part tough to fathom, because I have been around this faith along time. It helps interested ones to have a clean spiritual and moral standing with God and men. I cannot see how that does not help. The world, as a whole rejects the message. And what tells you Jesus rarely bathed? The Jews had laws on cleanliness my friend. Also the begging for food and shelter is quite a bit of a stretch as well.

You folks base everything on self-serving, egotistical beliefs: "I'm going to heaven!," "I'm 144,000," "I'm better than you because I risk my life for not taking blood transfusions," rather than substance and spirituality.
None of the anointed class, or 144 k would speak in such a manner. And I am not of that class, I don't have a heavenly hope. No witnesses thinks we're better than any sort of people, in fact we readily admit we are just as imperfect as any other people. Even I have admitted such in this thread if you have followed the whole thing. But to say we lack substance and sprituality when our belief system is based soley on what the bible says benefits us spiritually is flat out wrong. And if me saying you're flat out wrong for that sounds egotistical, than you're being sensitive. Especially since you are the one throwing the barbs.

Our preaching door to door goes against all you speak of really, because the taking the time out of our day to preach to others shows love not only for them, but for God's will. When really we could sit on our butts after work like most people do.

If there was some substance, you'd say to the flock, "don't worry about material appearance, something which is used to hide inner filth and inner tackiness." Instead, you play the ego trip: "We have the truth," "Jesus was a Jehovah witness." This is nothing new, it's tantamount to people on here saying, "Knicks are the best, we have the best center of all time." You even show this in how you respond to abcd in a smug, condescending fashion.
Jesus at the sermon on the mount said to seek first the Kingdom, and all these other things (material wealth, and secular work goals coming before serving God) This is exactly why JW's don't put a premium on ones means in life. Now making due with what you have and being clean and presentable in appearance is a totally seperate issue.

How is saying we have the truth an ego trip? I guess all of us in this thread are ego trippin. LJ says he has the truth, Paul, Fanforealz, me, everyone basically feels that what they believe is the truth. Why then are you singling me out for that very same feeling? I could see if I was sayin I AM THE TRUTH. But what I am boasting in is God's revelation to imperfect humans of the truths in his word. Not of my own.

Everyone has had a forceful tone to their opinion at times. But for the most part, the discussion has been rather civil.

You're just a part of the compost of religious dogma and faux spirituality. You don't care about truth or God, you care about an idea and its extended family of ego-boosting concepts.

I guess praying to God for stregnth everyday to do his will exibits me not caring about him.

Good day to you sir.

He's not saying they're humans. Nor am I. We're both in agreement. It's in reference to modern man (homo sapiens). Like there are many different species of apes and monkeys. Chimpanzees, spider monkeys, baboons, gorillas, etc. Today there is only one species of the homo genus. Before there were two species living in the same area at the same time. I don't think you understand the nomenclature of species. Two species means two different species. You are trying to throw Neanderthal man into the same species as modern man, when they are different, and their DNA proves it.

He did say they were humans. Im not blind. Two different species of humans, but still both humans none the less.

And that agrees with the bible's viewpoint. The bible says God created every species according to their kinds.

Gen 1:24 And God went on to say: ?Let the earth put forth living souls according to their kinds, domestic animal and moving animal and wild beast of the earth according to its kind.? And it came to be so. 25 And God proceeded to make the wild beast of the earth according to its kind and the domestic animal according to its kind and every moving animal of the ground according to its kind. And God got to see that [it was] good.

This is why there are different species of monkeys, even though they are monkeys.

And why Neanderthals are different than modern humans, even though they are both humans.

Im not tryin g to say Neanderthals were exactly like modern humans, I'm simply saying that they were human. Even if they differed from modern humans.

Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord GOD; In that day when my people of Israel dwelleth safely, shalt thou not know it?
Is Isreal dwelling safely, or are they in constant strife over that land?

Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.
No temple, No ark of the covenant, no genealogical records to trace the Messiah back to David's lineage, Most have stopped hoping for a Messiah, they don't even Say Jehovah's name due to a tradition. When they had Jehovah's favor, all of this was in tact.

So how is it that you think he has poured out his spirit on earthly Isreal?

The Bible also predicts that the armies will fight with horses, even though countries don't fight with horses anymore.

And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:
This simply just signifies impending war. Since it was written in the time when this sort of warfare was present, it was written in terms applying to such, so one would know this meant impending war. The references to horses, horsemen armour and such, just signify armor and weapons of our time. It's a correlation.

I purposely only used direct quotes from the Bible, so that the only way Knicks4lyfe could have an answer is, if he changes what's in the Bible. Have fun changing parts of the Bible, so that you're satisfied with what it says, Knicks4lyfe.

There is nothing that needs to be changed about the bible. It is your biblical understanding that needs to be changed. And I don't mean that in a condencending way.

Maybe this will help.

Are the events taking place in Israel today in fulfillment of Bible prophecy?

Ezek. 37:21, 22, JP: "Thus saith the Lord GOD: Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the nations, whither they are gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land; and I will make them one nation in the land, upon the mountains of Israel, and one king shall be king to them all." (Israel today is not a nation under a king of the royal line of David. Theirs is a republic.)

Isa. 2:2-4, JP: "It shall come to pass in the end of days, that the mountain of the LORD?S house shall be established as the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. And many peoples shall go and say: ?Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and He will teach us of His ways, and we will walk in His paths.? . . . And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning-hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more." (In Jerusalem today, where the temple was formerly located there is no "house of the God of Jacob," but, instead, an Islamic shrine. And there is no move on the part of Israel or its neighbors to "beat their swords into plowshares." They depend for survival on military preparedness.)

Isa. 35:1, 2, JP: "The wilderness and the parched land shall be glad; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose. It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice, even with joy and singing; the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it, the excellency of Carmel and Sharon; they shall see the glory of the LORD, the excellency of our God." (Remarkable reforestation and irrigation projects have been successfully undertaken in Israel. But its leaders do not give credit to the Lord God. As a former premier, David Ben-Gurion, said: "Israel is determined . . . to conquer the desert and make it flourish by the power of science and the pioneering spirit, and to transform the country into a bastion of democracy.")

Zech. 8:23, JP: "In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold, out of all the languages of the nations, shall even take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying: We will go with you, for we have heard that God is with you." (To what God does the prophecy refer? In the Hebrew language his name [יהוה, commonly translated Jehovah] appears over 130 times in this one book of the Holy Scriptures. Today when someone uses that name, do people conclude that the person must be a Jew? No; for many centuries, superstition has caused the Jewish people as a whole to refrain from ever uttering God?s personal name. The upsurge of religious interest concerning natural Israel today does not fit this prophecy.)

How, then, are events in modern-day Israel to be viewed? Merely as part of global developments foretold in the Bible. These include war, lawlessness, cooling off of love for God, and the love of money.?Matt. 24:7, 12; 2 Tim. 3:1-5.

Among whom do the prophecies about restoration of Israel have fulfillment today?

Gal. 6:15, 16: "Neither is circumcision anything nor is uncircumcision, but a new creation is something. And all those who will walk orderly by this rule of conduct, upon them be peace and mercy, even upon the Israel of God." (So "the Israel of God" is no longer determined on the basis of conforming to the requirement laid upon Abraham for all the males of his household to be circumcised. Rather, as stated at Galatians 3:26-29, those who belong to Christ and who are spirit-begotten sons of God "are really Abraham?s seed.")

Jer. 31:31-34: "?Look! There are days coming,? is the utterance of Jehovah, ?and I will conclude with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah a new covenant . . . And they will no more teach each one his companion and each one his brother, saying, "Know Jehovah!" for they will all of them know me, from the least one of them even to the greatest one of them,? is the utterance of Jehovah." (That new covenant was made, not with the nation of natural Israel, but with the loyal followers of Jesus Christ to whom hope of heavenly life was being extended. When instituting the Memorial of his death, Jesus gave them a cup of wine and said: "This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood." [1 Cor. 11:25])

Rev. 7:4: "I heard the number of those who were sealed, a hundred and forty-four thousand, sealed out of every tribe of the sons of Israel." (But in the verses that follow, mention is made of "the tribe of Levi" and "the tribe of Joseph." These were not included in lists of the 12 tribes of natural Israel. Interestingly, while it is said that people would be "sealed out of every tribe," the tribes of Dan and Ephraim are not mentioned. [Compare Numbers 1:4-16.] Reference must here be made to the spiritual Israel of God, to those whom Revelation 14:1-3 shows will share with Christ in his heavenly Kingdom.)

Heb. 12:22: "You have approached a Mount Zion and a city of the living God, heavenly Jerusalem, and myriads of angels." (Thus it is not to earthly Jerusalem but to "heavenly Jerusalem" that true Christians look for fulfillment of the promises of God.)​

LJ4ptplay

Starter
He did say they were humans. Im not blind. Two different species of humans, but still both humans none the less.

And that agrees with the bible's viewpoint. The bible says God created every species according to their kinds.

And it agrees with evolution.

TunerAddict

Starter
I have really bad asthma. When I was 11, they were inches away from cutting a hole in my throat to help me breath after I had a serious attack. Fortunately, I ended up not needing to have it done, but I could not eat solid food for a few days due to some procedures. Supposedly, I was fed intravenously. You say that can't happen. I'm guessing you're a doctor.

Not too familiar with this.

It was finished long before these options were available. And it clearly says to abstain from blood in a wide range of aspects.

I find the first part tough to fathom, because I have been around this faith along time. It helps interested ones to have a clean spiritual and moral standing with God and men. I cannot see how that does not help. The world, as a whole rejects the message. And what tells you Jesus rarely bathed? The Jews had laws on cleanliness my friend. Also the begging for food and shelter is quite a bit of a stretch as well.

None of the anointed class, or 144 k would speak in such a manner. And I am not of that class, I don't have a heavenly hope. No witnesses thinks we're better than any sort of people, in fact we readily admit we are just as imperfect as any other people. Even I have admitted such in this thread if you have followed the whole thing. But to say we lack substance and sprituality when our belief system is based soley on what the bible says benefits us spiritually is flat out wrong. And if me saying you're flat out wrong for that sounds egotistical, than you're being sensitive. Especially since you are the one throwing the barbs.

Our preaching door to door goes against all you speak of really, because the taking the time out of our day to preach to others shows love not only for them, but for God's will. When really we could sit on our butts after work like most people do.

Jesus at the sermon on the mount said to seek first the Kingdom, and all these other things (material wealth, and secular work goals coming before serving God) This is exactly why JW's don't put a premium on ones means in life. Now making due with what you have and being clean and presentable in appearance is a totally seperate issue.

How is saying we have the truth an ego trip? I guess all of us in this thread are ego trippin. LJ says he has the truth, Paul, Fanforealz, me, everyone basically feels that what they believe is the truth. Why then are you singling me out for that very same feeling? I could see if I was sayin I AM THE TRUTH. But what I am boasting in is God's revelation to imperfect humans of the truths in his word. Not of my own.

Everyone has had a forceful tone to their opinion at times. But for the most part, the discussion has been rather civil.

I guess praying to God for stregnth everyday to do his will exibits me not caring about him.

Good day to you sir.

You're so full of shit. You aren't arrogant? Are you ****ing kidding me? You've stated that you are right, that you know the "proper" way to behave. This is arrogant. You are arrogant. And you can counter with,"The Bible says that so-so and so is the way to live so I am living rightly," but that is arrogant because its assuming you've interpreted the bible correctly.

You're so full of shit. You aren't arrogant? Are you ****ing kidding me? You've stated that you are right, that you know the "proper" way to behave. This is arrogant. You are arrogant. And you can counter with,"The Bible says that so-so and so is the way to live so I am living rightly," but that is arrogant because its assuming you've interpreted the bible correctly.

But remember.. this is all the matrix:thumbsup:

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Check Mate reinforced

First of all, feeding people through IVs is not an efficient, or commonly used, method for feeding an individual, particularly in the long term. Mostly, it's used to provide a person with a limited amount of essential nutrients, medicines and vitamins. It is no substitute for eating and is not a long term option.

Secondly, all meat contains blood, even if you cook it. So, all JWs should become vegetarians, if they want to follow these principles so stringently. If they can't, because eating is so important, then I don't know how they can refuse blood transfusions.

As for Neanderthals, these are a different, and more backwards, species of human. In fact, they're known for not having developed culture, art, jewelry, crafts, etc. This is why they became extinct, when faced with competing against modern humans. They're certainly not more advanced than we are. They could not even develop the bow and arrow, cave paintings, nothing that we developed during the same time period. There is archaeological evidence to back up the time frame involved. These are not super humans that lived 900 years. Do your research.

As for your relationship, or connection, with God, I think you might have had one long ago, befo. But, as we speak, you no longer have one. You forsook it for your book and its writers. You enable others to forsake theirs and not only stunt their spiritual growth. God is not a book or words or ignorant belief, God is truth and everything that exists or has existed.

You can't live by superficial rules and then say you know God. You can't call people "witnesses," when they have seen nothing but rules and fantasy. This is why your organization cannot change anything, has not changed anything and has merely sat back and waited upon something that will not come. This is why you rely on superficial rules for a faux morality, which inevitably always fails, as evidenced by the shortcomings of your members, who, in most cases, act in ways much more depraved than anything I or anyone I know, for example, have ever done.

Your "God" is the God of the Jews, as he is called in the bible, and in other Afroasian tribes' texts, from which the bible was plagiarized. It's all a pack of lies, full of cultural and regional references and omissions. I've described them, others have, and you still continue your very flawed arguments. Even your rules are cultural, based on Hebrew tradition. I don't need them, I'm not a 1st century Hebrew, no one has and no one will. People need freedom from immorality, but they also need freedom from the crutch, and the impediment, that is the bible and the second coming.

Self-responsibility, intelligent spirituality that demands demonstration of understanding and growth is absent in your organization, mainly because it's not conducive to creating mindless zombie followers. If you want to know God, you must be innocent. You, on the other hand are not innocent: you're full of calculated, parroted quotes and beliefs, from Awake, the new world translation and the Watch Tower. There is no room in you for God/truth.

You see a beautiful quote or hear something someone from a different denomination says, and you won't listen, because it's not sanctioned by the watchtower society. You deny God, you don't praise it. You have no right to speak of God, neither does your group. You don't have special access to anything, no matter what you think. You certainly lack humility in thinking you do, something which shows you are and your group are egotists. Your egos keep you coming back and keep you following.

As for your group's rules on cleanliness. I've heard many JWs say that they dress impeccably to attract people to their message. However, Jesus begged for lodging and food, as it states in the bible. This is why Catholic priests take a vow of poverty. In addition Hebrews could not have bathed regularly because they lacked the facilities and the natural resource involved: water.

The possibility of paradise is now, not later.

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Is Isreal dwelling safely, or are they in constant strife over that land?

No temple, No ark of the covenant, no genealogical records to trace the Messiah back to David's lineage, Most have stopped hoping for a Messiah, they don't even Say Jehovah's name due to a tradition. When they had Jehovah's favor, all of this was in tact.

So how is it that you think he has poured out his spirit on earthly Isreal?

This simply just signifies impending war. Since it was written in the time when this sort of warfare was present, it was written in terms applying to such, so one would know this meant impending war. The references to horses, horsemen armour and such, just signify armor and weapons of our time. It's a correlation.

There is nothing that needs to be changed about the bible. It is your biblical understanding that needs to be changed. And I don't mean that in a condencending way.

Maybe this will help.

Are the events taking place in Israel today in fulfillment of Bible prophecy?

Ezek. 37:21, 22, JP: "Thus saith the Lord GOD: Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the nations, whither they are gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land; and I will make them one nation in the land, upon the mountains of Israel, and one king shall be king to them all." (Israel today is not a nation under a king of the royal line of David. Theirs is a republic.)

Isa. 2:2-4, JP: "It shall come to pass in the end of days, that the mountain of the LORD?S house shall be established as the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. And many peoples shall go and say: ?Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and He will teach us of His ways, and we will walk in His paths.? . . . And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning-hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more." (In Jerusalem today, where the temple was formerly located there is no "house of the God of Jacob," but, instead, an Islamic shrine. And there is no move on the part of Israel or its neighbors to "beat their swords into plowshares." They depend for survival on military preparedness.)

Isa. 35:1, 2, JP: "The wilderness and the parched land shall be glad; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose. It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice, even with joy and singing; the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it, the excellency of Carmel and Sharon; they shall see the glory of the LORD, the excellency of our God." (Remarkable reforestation and irrigation projects have been successfully undertaken in Israel. But its leaders do not give credit to the Lord God. As a former premier, David Ben-Gurion, said: "Israel is determined . . . to conquer the desert and make it flourish by the power of science and the pioneering spirit, and to transform the country into a bastion of democracy.")

Zech. 8:23, JP: "In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold, out of all the languages of the nations, shall even take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying: We will go with you, for we have heard that God is with you." (To what God does the prophecy refer? In the Hebrew language his name [יהוה, commonly translated Jehovah] appears over 130 times in this one book of the Holy Scriptures. Today when someone uses that name, do people conclude that the person must be a Jew? No; for many centuries, superstition has caused the Jewish people as a whole to refrain from ever uttering God?s personal name. The upsurge of religious interest concerning natural Israel today does not fit this prophecy.)

How, then, are events in modern-day Israel to be viewed? Merely as part of global developments foretold in the Bible. These include war, lawlessness, cooling off of love for God, and the love of money.?Matt. 24:7, 12; 2 Tim. 3:1-5.

Among whom do the prophecies about restoration of Israel have fulfillment today?

Gal. 6:15, 16: "Neither is circumcision anything nor is uncircumcision, but a new creation is something. And all those who will walk orderly by this rule of conduct, upon them be peace and mercy, even upon the Israel of God." (So "the Israel of God" is no longer determined on the basis of conforming to the requirement laid upon Abraham for all the males of his household to be circumcised. Rather, as stated at Galatians 3:26-29, those who belong to Christ and who are spirit-begotten sons of God "are really Abraham?s seed.")

Jer. 31:31-34: "?Look! There are days coming,? is the utterance of Jehovah, ?and I will conclude with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah a new covenant . . . And they will no more teach each one his companion and each one his brother, saying, "Know Jehovah!" for they will all of them know me, from the least one of them even to the greatest one of them,? is the utterance of Jehovah." (That new covenant was made, not with the nation of natural Israel, but with the loyal followers of Jesus Christ to whom hope of heavenly life was being extended. When instituting the Memorial of his death, Jesus gave them a cup of wine and said: "This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood." [1 Cor. 11:25])

Rev. 7:4: "I heard the number of those who were sealed, a hundred and forty-four thousand, sealed out of every tribe of the sons of Israel." (But in the verses that follow, mention is made of "the tribe of Levi" and "the tribe of Joseph." These were not included in lists of the 12 tribes of natural Israel. Interestingly, while it is said that people would be "sealed out of every tribe," the tribes of Dan and Ephraim are not mentioned. [Compare Numbers 1:4-16.] Reference must here be made to the spiritual Israel of God, to those whom Revelation 14:1-3 shows will share with Christ in his heavenly Kingdom.)

Heb. 12:22: "You have approached a Mount Zion and a city of the living God, heavenly Jerusalem, and myriads of angels." (Thus it is not to earthly Jerusalem but to "heavenly Jerusalem" that true Christians look for fulfillment of the promises of God.)​
You need to follow the 10 commandments more. Doesn't one of the commandments say, "thou shalt not lie", yet you completely lie about what's in the Bible. I copy and pasted several quotes in the Bible, and because you can't answer them, you took SEPARATE quotes, that aren't even in the Ezekiel Prophecy. Nice job of lying and manipulating, to make yourself look like a Bible guru, when in reality, you're a Bible corrupter.

You corrupt everything that's in the Bible. Parts of the Bible that are true, you accept.

The parts that sound faulty, you put your own interpretation, so that you feel happy and satisfied with what the Bible says.

I truly wonder if you know how to comprehend what you read, because I took about 12 different DIRECT QUOTES from the Bible.

You IGNORED EVERYTHING THAT I DIRECTLY COPY AND PASTED FROM THE BIBLE, BECAUSE THE REALITY OF THE BIBLE UPSETS YOU.

Too bad. The Bible is an ISRAEL CENTERED BOOK. That's why God protects Israel AS PART OF THE PROPHECY.

YOU CAN'T CHANGE THE WORDS OF THE BIBLE. You can only lie and manipulate, so that you can IGNORE THE PARTS OF THE BIBLE that contradict itself, or that goes against your views.

Tough S#!t, you can't change what's in the Bible.
All you can do is lie to yourself, and lying to yourself doesn't make your humorous ideas of the Bible fact.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
You have yet to respond to these direct quotes. I'm waiting.

Originally posted by Knicks4lyfe:
"Do you think that God is backing the Earthly Israel?"

ABCD's respone
Answer: Yes, it's in the Prophecy.

Ezekial Chapter 38:18
And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, that my fury shall come up in my face.

Ezekiel 38:15
And thou shalt come from thy place out of the north parts, thou, and many people with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company, and a mighty army:

Ezekiel 39:20
Thus ye shall be filled at my table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord GOD.

The prophecy also predicts that Ethiopia, Libya, and present day Algeria will go to war with Israel. This has not occured.
Ezekiel Chapter 38: 4-8
4 And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:
5) Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet: 6 Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee.
7 Be thou prepared, and prepare for thyself, thou, and all thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them.
8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

This quote not only shows that God supports Israel, it also says that Magog will be put on fire by God. Magog has not been put on fire, to this day, by God.

First of all, feeding people through IVs is not an efficient, or commonly used, method for feeding an individual, particularly in the long term. Mostly, it's used to provide a person with a limited amount of essential nutrients, medicines and vitamins. It is no substitute for eating and is not a long term option.
But who ever said it was a long term option? It was just an analogy used to stress the poin t on why we don't accept them is all.

Secondly, all meat contains blood, even if you cook it. So, all JWs should become vegetarians, if they want to follow these principles so stringently. If they can't, because eating is so important, then I don't know how they can refuse blood transfusions.
No. All that is needed is to make sure it is properly bled to eat. Period.

As for Neanderthals, these are a different, and more backwards, species of human. In fact, they're known for not having developed culture, art, jewelry, crafts, etc. This is why they became extinct, when faced with competing against modern humans. They're certainly not more advanced than we are. They could not even develop the bow and arrow, cave paintings, nothing that we developed during the same time period. There is archaeological evidence to back up the time frame involved. These are not super humans that lived 900 years. Do your research.
But I have. I don't know how long Neanderthals lived. I won't even speculate. What I do know is that Neanderthal is a human species. So therefore, it cannot rightly be called both intermediary species, but also human. Therefore it does not really hold up the argument for evolution. It lends more credence to the bible's veiw at Gen 1:24.

And that is all I was ever trying to stress.

As for your relationship, or connection, with God, I think you might have had one long ago, befo. But, as we speak, you no longer have one. You forsook it for your book and its writers. You enable others to forsake theirs and not only stunt their spiritual growth. God is not a book or words or ignorant belief, God is truth and everything that exists or has existed.
Clearly this is your opinion and not Jehovah's. Jesus said in the time of the end, the good news of the Kingdom will be preached in the entire inhabited earth(mat 24:14). Only one religious group does this as we speak. So I'm guessing maybe that is the group Jehovah and Jesus choose to back. Which then means this group DOES have a relationship with God.

You can't live by superficial rules and then say you know God. You can't call people "witnesses," when they have seen nothing but rules and fantasy. This is why your organization cannot change anything, has not changed anything and has merely sat back and waited upon something that will not come. This is why you rely on superficial rules for a faux morality, which inevitably always fails, as evidenced by the shortcomings of your members, who, in most cases, act in ways much more depraved than anything I or anyone I know, for example, have ever done.
So we can't do what God says is his will, and what benefits us by following his moral guidlines, and say we know him by doing this? I guess if we just ignored him, we'd have a closer relationship that way.

If the whole world lived by those superficial rules, how much better would it be?

Your "God" is the God of the Jews, as he is called in the bible, and in other Afroasian tribes' texts, from which the bible was plagiarized. It's all a pack of lies, full of cultural and regional references and omissions. I've described them, others have, and you still continue your very flawed arguments. Even your rules are cultural, based on Hebrew tradition. I don't need them, I'm not a 1st century Hebrew, no one has and no one will. People need freedom from immorality, but they also need freedom from the crutch, and the impediment, that is the bible and the second coming.

My God is the God of the Jews. But according to his word, a Jew is he on the inside, not one of natural descent.

"He is not a Jew who is one on the outside, nor is circumcision that which is on the outside upon the flesh. But he is a Jew who is one on the inside, and his circumcision is that of the heart by spirit, and not by a written code." The praise of that one comes, not from men, but from God. "- Romans 2:28,29.

So the man from any nation who serves Jehovah in trueness is considered a Jew to him.

Self-responsibility, intelligent spirituality that demands demonstration of understanding and growth is absent in your organization, mainly because it's not conducive to creating mindless zombie followers. If you want to know God, you must be innocent. You, on the other hand are not innocent: you're full of calculated, parroted quotes and beliefs, from Awake, the new world translation and the Watch Tower. There is no room in you for God/truth.
And let me guess, the world would be better off if we all thought like you? You have it figured out dontcha?

Let's all abandon all faiths, and follow OGKNICKFAN to intelligent spirituality! He has it figured out!

What intelligent spirituality are you talking about where it's cool to call other spiritual seekers mindless zombies? I'm ready to sign up!

You see a beautiful quote or hear something someone from a different denomination says and you won't listen, because it's not sanctioned by the watchtower society.
Wrong. In fact we are avid listeners of people of all religions, nationalities and backgrounds. Knowing them helps us to express points of interest that may help them to come to know God.

You deny God, you don't praise it. You have no right to speak of God, neither does your group.
How is this so? Show proof please.

You don't have special access to anything, no matter what you think.
Why not? You must have the answers.

You certainly lack humility in thinking you do, something which shows you are and your group are egotists. Your egos keep you coming back and keep you following.
I guess this is how the Jews also thought of the Christians in the first century.

If you feel something is true, would you hold back from believing and knowing it is? Would that make you an egoist? If you throw this at us, then the same can be said of you, because clearly you think you're right and we're wrong.

I guess we're all egoists.

As for your group's rules on cleanliness. I've heard many JWs say that they dress impeccably to attract people to their message. However, Jesus begged for lodging and food, as it states in the bible. This is why Catholic priests take a vow of poverty. In addition Hebrews could not have bathed regularly because they lacked the facilities and the natural resource involved: water.

The possibility of paradise is now, not later.
Clearly you have misunderstood. The bible teaches well arranged, but modest dress.

Jehovah has set standards with regard to our personal appearance. The apostle Paul outlined some of God?s requirements in this regard. "I desire the women to adorn themselves in well-arranged dress, with modesty and soundness of mind, not with styles of hair braiding and gold or pearls or very expensive garb, but in the way that befits women professing to reverence God, namely, through good works." What do we learn from these words??1 Timothy 2:9, 10.

Paul?s words show that Christians should "adorn themselves in well-arranged dress." They are not to be sloppy, untidy, or unkempt in their appearance. Virtually anyone, even those of modest means, can meet such reasonable standards by ensuring that their clothing is neat, clean, and presentable. For example, every year Witnesses in one South American country walk for miles through the jungle and then travel for hours by canoe in order to attend their district convention. It is not uncommon for someone to fall into the river or to snag his garments on a bush in the course of the journey. So when the conventioners arrive in the area where the convention is to be held, their appearance is often somewhat disheveled. They therefore take time to sew on buttons, repair zippers, and wash and iron the clothes they are going to wear to the convention. They cherish their invitation to feed at Jehovah?s table, and they want to dress appropriately.

Paul further indicated that we should dress with "modesty and soundness of mind." This means that our appearance should not be showy, bizarre, provocative, revealing, or faddish. In addition, we should dress in a manner that reflects ?reverence for God.? That gives food for thought, does it not? It is not simply a matter of dressing appropriately when attending congregation meetings and then throwing all caution to the wind at other times. Our personal appearance should always reflect a reverent, honorable attitude because we are Christians and ministers 24 hours a day. It goes without saying that our work clothes and school clothes will be appropriate for the nature of the tasks we will be performing. Still, we should dress modestly and with dignity. If our dress always reflects our belief in God, we will never feel obligated to hold back from witnessing informally because of embarrassment over our appearance.​

You need to follow the 10 commandments more. Doesn't one of the commandments say, "thou shalt not lie", yet you completely lie about what's in the Bible. I copy and pasted several quotes in the Bible, and because you can't answer them, you took SEPARATE quotes, that aren't even in the Ezekiel Prophecy. Nice job of lying and manipulating, to make yourself look like a Bible guru, when in reality, you're a Bible corrupter.

You corrupt everything that's in the Bible. Parts of the Bible that are true, you accept.

The parts that sound faulty, you put your own interpretation, so that you feel happy and satisfied with what the Bible says.

I truly wonder if you know how to comprehend what you read, because I took about 12 different DIRECT QUOTES from the Bible.

You IGNORED EVERYTHING THAT I DIRECTLY COPY AND PASTED FROM THE BIBLE, BECAUSE THE REALITY OF THE BIBLE UPSETS YOU.

Too bad. The Bible is an ISRAEL CENTERED BOOK. That's why God protects Israel AS PART OF THE PROPHECY.

YOU CAN'T CHANGE THE WORDS OF THE BIBLE. You can only lie and manipulate, so that you can IGNORE THE PARTS OF THE BIBLE that contradict itself, or that goes against your views.

Tough S#!t, you can't change what's in the Bible.
All you can do is lie to yourself, and lying to yourself doesn't make your humorous ideas of the Bible fact.

Lying to myself, when the bible clearly points out that there is a heavenly Jerusalem, spiritual Isreal and that anyone who does Gods will is a Jew? Where did I lie?

Also, this whole issue was about whether God is protecting Earthly Isreal. And no he is not. But he is protecting Spritual Isreal. All the evidence supports that belief. If you don't understand that earthly Isreal is not being protected by God, then you won't understand the rest of the Ezekiel prophecy. That is why I have not responded.

Take it easy by the way. Gonna blow a gasket.

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Lying to myself, when the bible clearly points out that there is a heavenly Jerusalem, spiritual Isreal and that anyone who does Gods will is a Jew? Where did I lie?

Also, this whole issue was about whether God is protecting Earthly Isreal. And no he is not. But he is protecting Spritual Isreal. All the evidence supports that belief. If you don't understand that earthly Isreal is not being protected by God, then you won't understand the rest of the Ezekiel prophecy. That is why I have not responded.

Take it easy by the way. Gonna blow a gasket.
You have yet to respond. I wonder why?
You ignore 12 quotes in the Bible. I wonder why? lol

You basically admitted that you twist the Bible to your liking, with this post alone.
Why? You're yet to answer the quotes.

The part of your post that I bolded shows that you are using false opinion, rather than reading what's in the Bible.

I find it humorous how you accept certain parts of the Bible, you ignore other parts, and you make excuses for lots of parts, yet you claim the Bible is 100% accurate.

If the Bible is 100% accurate, why won't you read it WORD FOR WORD, and accept it, WORD FOR WORD. Why do you only accept the parts that you like, and then change the parts that you don't like?

Last edited:
You have yet to respond. I wonder why?
You ignore 12 quotes in the Bible. I wonder why? lol

I just told you why. The whole prophecy is predicated on the protection of Isreal from Gog of Magog. Problem is, you think it's earthly Isreal, and it's not. So explaining the prophecy won't help the situation bro.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I just told you why. The whole prophecy is predicated on the protection of Isreal from Gog of Magog. Problem is, you think it's earthly Isreal, and it's not. So explaining the prophecy won't help the situation bro.
So, you're going against what's in the Bible. Because God says that he will set Magog on fire, he'll be furious at the attack on Israel, and he calls the Israelites his people.

This youtube is perfect for you:

Please view the entire youtube, before responding. I already saw the youtube, so I'll be able to know if you really looked at it.

P.S.-I posted this video, not so that you don't believe in God. I posted this video, so that you get an understanding of how your responses to actual quotes from the Bible makes it look like if you're just making excuses for the parts of the Bible that you don't like, and at the same time, accepting the parts that you like.

Last edited:
So, you're going against what's in the Bible. Because God says that he will set Magog on fire, he'll be furious at the attack on Israel, and he calls the Israelites his people.

This youtube is perfect for you:

Please view the entire youtube, before responding. I already saw the youtube, so I'll be able to know if you really looked at it.

No. Actually just taking into account THE WHOLE BIBLE.
2 TIM 3:16 All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

Therefore, if Gods word speaks of Isreal, and Spiritual Isreal and abrahamic covenant and a new covenant and a new nation other than natural isreal that will produce God's fruitage.

All of this you clearly have not taken into account when trying to stress your point.