Donnie Walsh Appreciation Thread!

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
Donnie did good with the David Lee trade

Azabuke/Turiaf/Randolph makes us solid defensively with Amare and we add another shooter with Azabuke

I agree with this. Don't forget athletic as well. Perfect balance and we needed that. I can't remember the last time we have been able to stop teams defensively.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
Mafra,

I agree w almost all you've been saying...but I'll still feel that Walsh did us a gross injustice. He didn't go all the way, and lacked killer instinct.

His plan? Excellent. Bold, defiant, visionary. Plausible. Just what we needed.

His execution? Mediocre.

And when the stakes are --so-- tremendously high...the plan demanded...and we deserved...execution that mirrors the "bold, defiant" plan itself.

When MIA pulled those trades off I went ballistic for a reason. Proposed some weird stuff for us to regain an edge, but the gist remains true:

We needed to do something and respond. The game changed, and we didn't change with it. Now we seriously look like chumps just praying for a savior.

I wish Walsh went a little "ballistic".

We'll still have an OK team though, and Walsh did this by battling through Isiah's miscarriages.

Walsh was good. Just not good enough it seems. :2cents:

Lebron never planned on playing with the Knicks. He planned on joining those two moruns in Miami all along, so honestly we never had a chance at one. The saddest part is that this really hurts the NBA with those 3 clowns going to Miami. I predict a NBA lockout and the downfall of the NBA within the next few years.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
All I can do now is SMH. I of course blame Donnie Walsh for this off seasons failure as I have noted in previous post. I put him in the same mix of Thomas and Layden. but with that said the person I blame the most is Dolan. I blame Dolan because he is the man who got sucked into the bullshit that Thomas, Layden and now Walsh was peddling. Shame we have to continue with him as the main man cutting checks at MSG.

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
All I can do now is SMH. I of course blame Donnie Walsh for this off seasons failure as I have noted in previous post. I put him in the same mix of Thomas and Layden. but with that said the person I blame the most is Dolan. I blame Dolan because he is the man who got sucked into the bullshit that Thomas, Layden and now Walsh was peddling. Shame we have to continue with him as the main man cutting checks at MSG.

HUH??? We cleared cap space and got a true star in. We are in the mix to maybe sign another max guy or have up to 30 mil in cap next year. We have gotten defensively stronger with the sign and trade and also with Amare coming in the door. Not to mention were younger, more athletic, can shoot the shit out of the ball, and have cap space to make moves. We also have a very good chance with all these clowns in South Beach and Boston to make a real push for a playoff spot because so many teams have been weakened bad.

These are all good things man. Can't say I'm disappointed one bit.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Mafra,

I agree w almost all you've been saying...but I'll still feel that Walsh did us a gross injustice. He didn't go all the way, and lacked killer instinct.

His plan? Excellent. Bold, defiant, visionary. Plausible. Just what we needed.

His execution? Mediocre.

And when the stakes are --so-- tremendously high...the plan demanded...and we deserved...execution that mirrors the "bold, defiant" plan itself.

When MIA pulled those trades off I went ballistic for a reason. Proposed some weird stuff for us to regain an edge, but the gist remains true:

We needed to do something and respond. The game changed, and we didn't change with it. Now we seriously look like chumps just praying for a savior.

I wish Walsh went a little "ballistic".

We'll still have an OK team though, and Walsh did this by battling through Isiah's miscarriages.

Walsh was good. Just not good enough it seems. :2cents:

My thoughts exactly. If Walsh bothered to study history he would know President Roosevelt never let people see him in his wheelchair. Right or wrong it looks weak and pitiful. Sales pitches have to be done by salesman and obviously Donnie sucks so send Coach or whoever else and stay behind the curtain like the Wizard of Oz. What's Donnie gonna do next??? Show up to Melo's wedding on a respirator??? I am starting to really think like Kiyaman now. Fire Walsh....Fire D'ant.... start over

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
HUH??? We cleared cap space and got a true star in. We are in the mix to maybe sign another max guy or have up to 30 mil in cap next year. We have gotten defensively stronger with the sign and trade and also with Amare coming in the door. Not to mention were younger, more athletic, can shoot the shit out of the ball, and have cap space to make moves. We also have a very good chance with all these clowns in South Beach and Boston to make a real push for a playoff spot because so many teams have been weakened bad.

These are all good things man. Can't say I'm disappointed one bit.

Well all those things can inspire you but I see past the bullshyt. I'll say this again, A lot of you guys are blinded by the fact of where we were under Thomas, the same way a lot of people were blinded by the way were under Layden when Thomas came in. After a few years, the blinders came off but it was too late. And the same thing is happening here.

A lot of you guys are praising the fact that the Knicks got rid of Zach Randolph and Crawford and getting under the cap and what not. But I see it differently. I see it like a dude shootin his load to early. Teams win championships through trades, good drafts and maybe 1 free agent pickup. Boston got Garnett via Trade, Lakers got Gasol via Trade, Pistons got Hamilton and Wallace via Trade. Though we may have disliked crawford and randolph, they were trade chips and Donnie Walsh decided to give them up for nothing nearly 2 seasons b4 this free agency period. Who's to say Toronto wouldn't have decided to trade Bosh to the Knicks for Randolph. Who's to say that the nuggets wouldn't have been enticed with Randolph and Crawford and a few other pieces for Melo... Of course all of this hindsight and doesn't really mean anything. I'm ranting as i've been ranting but its going on def ears and blind eyes, until the time comes when you guys take off the blinders and see that our beloved knicks are still in the same turmoil we have been in the past decade.

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
i have nothing but respect for donnie. i cant see how any knick fan can have a problem with him

what he has done in his short time here is remarkable. he has done his best and has this franchise moving in the right direction. regardless of who chooses to sign here or not he has made that at least a possibility when it never was before.

so far so good. i see things only getting better for us

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
Well all those things can inspire you but I see past the bullshyt. I'll say this again, A lot of you guys are blinded by the fact of where we were under Thomas, the same way a lot of people were blinded by the way were under Layden when Thomas came in. After a few years, the blinders came off but it was too late. And the same thing is happening here.

A lot of you guys are praising the fact that the Knicks got rid of Zach Randolph and Crawford and getting under the cap and what not. But I see it differently. I see it like a dude shootin his load to early. Teams win championships through trades, good drafts and maybe 1 free agent pickup. Boston got Garnett via Trade, Lakers got Gasol via Trade, Pistons got Hamilton and Wallace via Trade. Though we may have disliked crawford and randolph, they were trade chips and Donnie Walsh decided to give them up for nothing nearly 2 seasons b4 this free agency period. Who's to say Toronto wouldn't have decided to trade Bosh to the Knicks for Randolph. Who's to say that the nuggets wouldn't have been enticed with Randolph and Crawford and a few other pieces for Melo... Of course all of this hindsight and doesn't really mean anything. I'm ranting as i've been ranting but its going on def ears and blind eyes, until the time comes when you guys take off the blinders and see that our beloved knicks are still in the same turmoil we have been in the past decade.

Bro... Bottom line is this can't get any worse and having a positive for cap and getting a true legit star in who has played with the coach is a good thing. Not to mention were not picking up people with mega contracts who can't be traded. Zach had trouble with his weight and his personality and that is why a lot of teams would not really touch him. All we can do is get behind the guys on the floor and I think we have better characters on the floor then Zach, Crawford, Starbury, Richardson and list of other dumb shits.

Another fact is we aren't going to win a championship for some time so little goals such as making the playoffs and building youth and developing them is going to have to be what we do. We did the best we could to get Bron, but if I were bron I would not want to play here either for the fact that our team isn't that strong. So getting a beast down low like Amare was better then I could have expected with the sorry ass team we had. With the trade to get younger and more athletic and defensive that speaks volumes to me about a serious change in mentality from years past. Stopping others from scoring while we still have a serious offensive threat that is a massive and great basketball decision. We have some good young options at the point and maybe they won't pan out this year, but we have to be patient. Look at OKC and how being patient and allowing youth to develop can really put you in the driver seat for long term success. Sure Boston and those down south made some big moves, but the thing we have to understand is that we never had one star on our team to make Bron interested. It was all if you come or if this. Miami had Dwade and Chitown had Rose. So both were already ahead of us.

It is time to look ahead and I can't stop you from saying were making the same mistakes, but dude this is marked improvement from year's past. Build with youth and get a guy like Amare that you can market to other star free agents for next year with a possible 30 mil in cap seems pretty damn good.

iSaYughh

Starter
My thoughts exactly. If Walsh bothered to study history he would know President Roosevelt never let people see him in his wheelchair. Right or wrong it looks weak and pitiful. Sales pitches have to be done by salesman and obviously Donnie sucks so send Coach or whoever else and stay behind the curtain like the Wizard of Oz. What's Donnie gonna do next??? Show up to Melo's wedding on a respirator??? I am starting to really think like Kiyaman now. Fire Walsh....Fire D'ant.... start over

Roosevelt in a wheelchair..interesting point. I forgot about how he never let other leaders etc see him in a chair.

Plus, Donnie was wearing a neck brace that day, too...It's just the icing on the cake.

We got The Clipper treatment by LeBastard. Like we weren't even a serious buyer.

Lol. Show up at Melo's wedding in a respirator. Cold, but fair.