Earl Baron Debut Highlights

tiger0330

Legend
He can spot up which is nice. Tried to put the ball on the floor in the post and showed just how underdeveloped he is in that category. It was Yinka Dare bad. He'll come cheap of course, and as a spot up shooter he'll have his opportunities offensively.

Very limited otherwise. Can't see D'Antoni playing him at all though because:

Darko Milicic.
The Wolves love Darko. Too bad about his time in NY, us Knick fans will always be left to wonder how the team would have done this year with him playing center.

Kiyaman

Legend
Slit....that was the reason I corrected "Knicksin60" first, b/c his response to Earl Barron was to vulnerable.

The 10 day signing of "Earl Barron" by Donnie Walsh (always had alot of bigmen on Indiana Pacer roster), and Dum-Dum celebrity coach Damntoni giving Earl Barron a few minutes of playingtime alongside of Lee & Harrington has nothing to do with Earl Barron being a future Knick.

What Earl Barron provided for the Knicks in his one game debut......allowed David Lee to finally perform at his natural position at PF, and allowed Al Harrington to perform at his natural position at SF.

David Lee and Harrington (plus Nate) been carrying the Knicks on their shoulders for two seasons while playing out of their natural position.

David Lee prove consistently under coach Isiah to be a better PF than alot of teams starting PF. Harrington proved consistently in coach Don Nelson rotation to be their best SF on the team, but coach Don Nelson wanted and forced Harrington to perform as GS center.

Celebrity coach Damntoni "personal dislike of Knick players" by DNP centers Darko & Curry throughout the 2009-10 season, forcing the Knicks two dominating frontcourt players to perform out of position which made their team-performance into that of "individual-players".
Damntoni made a big mistake putting Center-Earl Barron on the court with PF-Lee and SF-Harrington.....doing this showed Damntoni clueless in NBA coaching or Damntoni personally "TANKED" two seasons...

Red

TYPE-A
:teeth: That will show em. Kobe & Co are shaking in their boots.
Seriously dude, April fools was 4 days ago.

On the subject: I don't know what's sadder: a team digging for talent in D-league...again, or fans so hungry for talent they are ready to pronounce a guy the next big thing on a basis of one half decent game. It's not like he's a rookie - the guy is 28, played in 82 games for Miami and failed to impress.

Also it's Earl Barron

I'll tell you what's sadder...

Guys like Trill still defending D'Antoni. First it's Lee would be better along side a center...

then it's Barron won't get a chance to play along side of Lee because he hasn't "prooved" himself!

Like Darko and Hill got chances to "proove" themselves (which I guess you are implying they failed to do so thus it's not D'Antoni's fault they didn't get burn) to rid COACH of any accountability.
Rightly so until the guy proves himself.

Now that's sad.

KBlack25

Starter
Celebrity coach Damntoni "personal dislike of Knick players" by DNP centers Darko & Curry throughout the 2009-10 season, forcing the Knicks two dominating frontcourt players to perform out of position which made their team-performance into that of "individual-players".
Damntoni made a big mistake putting Center-Earl Barron on the court with PF-Lee and SF-Harrington.....doing this showed Damntoni clueless in NBA coaching or Damntoni personally "TANKED" two seasons...

Darko is terrible and Curry was hurt!!!!!!! Curry was NOT ready to play, yet you seem to want to criticize D'Antoni for not running him out there. If Curry was ready to play D'Antoni would have played him, if only to increase his trade value. Unfortunately, Curry would rather play at the McDonalds Playplace than on an NBA Court, if only for the supply of Big Macs.

First you say it was a mistake to force Lee and HArrington out of position by not playing Curry (are you ****ing kidding me) and Darko (seriously, are you ****ing kidding me). Then you say it was a mistake to PLAY a center alongside Lee and Harrington so they COULD play at their natural position...so which is it? I feel like this guy could do anything and you would criticize him...stop grasping for straws and at least set your mind in reality before you do it.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I'll tell you what's sadder...

Guys like Trill still defending D'Antoni. First it's Lee would be better along side a center...

then it's Barron won't get a chance to play along side of Lee because he hasn't "prooved" himself!

Like Darko and Hill got chances to "proove" themselves (which I guess you are implying they failed to do so thus it's not D'Antoni's fault they didn't get burn) to rid COACH of any accountability.

Now that's sad.

Hop off my dick. LOL, it's obvious your vagina is still hurting from all the debate defeats I have handed you but really just get over it. You call my name out more than a chick having sex...I'm flattered that I am on your mind all the time but you need to move on. You need to learn how to debate topics directly instead of running from thread to thread spewing your nonsense.

I know in your world if you were the coach you would put a perennial D-league player into the starting lineup after one good game but smart knowledgeable fans know better. Yes, a player must prove himself worthy of a starting position in professional sports...I know that comes as a shock to the no-nothing chorus of haters but it is reality. With every post you illuminate your lack of comprehension for the game of basketball and the English language. Sad really. Your name should be Redfaced because you should be embarrassed by your utter ignorance on the game of basketball.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Red typing away for 20+ minutes now...angry as hell after calling my name out once again. Can't wait to read the drivel.

Red

TYPE-A
@ Trill

You mad I pointed out some inconsistancies?

Save the diatribe

I couldn't even finish reading your emotional rant. That came from a poster who chooses to "respond and debate" Everything you don't agree with...? smh

Anyway, a D league player or anyone for that matter would be better than Lee at C- but of course we would never know this since...

they have to "proove" their self before all knowing D'Antoni actually gives them a shot.

Like Lee prooved himself...lol

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
@ Redfaced

You mad I pointed out some inconsistancies?

Save the diatribe

I couldn't even finish reading your emotional rant. That came from a poster who chooses to "respond and debate" Everything you don't agree with...? smh

Anyway, a D league player or anyone for that matter would be better than Lee at C- but of course we would never know this since...

they have to "proove" their self before all knowing D'Antoni actually gives them a shot.

Like Lee prooved himself...lol

I never said anything like that. Nor did I address you...you decided to call me out once again. It's a simple truth...one game is not ebough to earn a starting spot. SO lets get this straight...Lee sucks but this guy after one game should be our starting center. You mad corny. Next time you call me out have an actual cogent argument to make.

Red

TYPE-A
Noooooo....

I don't think one game means he should start anywhere. Nor do I care.

But in response to a post regarding Hill or Milicic being there you said they shouldn't (rightly so) until they proove themselves.

But first you said Lee needs to play w/ a center (so he can play PF)...

all I was pointing out is how can one provide proof with NO MINUTES? and with a coach that doesn't know "D" even though it's in his name?

A rookie prove himself? did Lee prove himself? So you want Lee to move back to PF but you support a coach who needs "PROOF" before playing people at their natural positions? And one of the is a ROOKIE?

you're smart...

read between the lines before trying to bait me into embarrasing you.

you know I don't have time for that.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Noooooo....

I don't think one game means he should start anywhere. Nor do I care.

But in response to a post regarding Hill or Milicic being there you said they shouldn't (rightly so) until they proove themselves.

But first you said Lee needs to play w/ a center (so he can play PF)...

all I was pointing out is how can one provide proof with NO MINUTES? and with a coach that doesn't know "D" even though it's in his name?

A rookie prove himself? did Lee prove himself? So you want Lee to move back to PF but you support a coach who needs "PROOF" before playing people at their natural positions? And one of the is a ROOKIE?

you're smart...

read between the lines before trying to bait me into embarrasing you.

you know I don't have time for that.

The topic is about Baron and Kiya's comment was about him starting alongside of Lee but won't just like Darko and Hill. I responded by saying he should not start the guy until he proves himself. The comment had nothing to do with Darko or Hill and everything to do with Baron. It is you who needs to read the LINES let alone what's between them. It is you who baited me considering I was talking to a completely different poster. You even admit you would not start him so you agree with my point yet you decided to cry my name out in yet another thread.

you're smart...

Thanks, I am. That my Redfaced child is the smartest thing you have ever typed.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Just for the record Red:

Rightly so until the guy proves himself.
See how my comment is singular proving I was not addressing Hill or Darko? English is your friend, learn it and love it! BTW, what is with your typing style? Do you know what a paragraph is? We are writing prose not haiku's...

Next time you call someone out make sure that your anger doesn't cloud your judgment lest you be embarrassed again. :oops: Look it's Redfaced.

Kiyaman

Legend
Darko is terrible and Curry was hurt!!!!!!! Curry was NOT ready to play, yet you seem to want to criticize D'Antoni for not running him out there. If Curry was ready to play D'Antoni would have played him, if only to increase his trade value. Unfortunately, Curry would rather play at the McDonalds Playplace than on an NBA Court, if only for the supply of Big Macs.

First you say it was a mistake to force Lee and HArrington out of position by not playing Curry (are you ****ing kidding me) and Darko (seriously, are you ****ing kidding me). Then you say it was a mistake to PLAY a center alongside Lee and Harrington so they COULD play at their natural position...so which is it? I feel like this guy could do anything and you would criticize him...stop grasping for straws and at least set your mind in reality before you do it.

KBlack.......I dont understand all that dribble.

I dont have anything against your bum celebrity coach Damntoni, except him coaching my Die-Hard Knicks.
Everyone in this forum knew I wanted coaches Mark Jackson, Rick Carlilse, and Ewing as the Knicks new coaches.
I disaproved of celebrity coach Damntoni the same day the Knicks hired him.
Celebrity coach Damntoni got "Amare Stoudamire" believing that he is a NBA center. LOL now that's a JOKE!

At the end of the day or rather at the end of this season we were suppose to evaluate players and positions starting with the PG to the Center.
Here is the Knick evaluation for the 2009-10 season:
PG-poor
SG-poor
SF-poor
PF-poor
C--poor
Headcoach-very poor

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
KBlack.......I dont understand all that dribble.

I dont have anything against your bum celebrity coach Damntoni, except him coaching my Die-Hard Knicks.
Everyone in this forum knew I wanted coaches Mark Jackson, Rick Carlilse, and Ewing as the Knicks new coaches.
I disaproved of celebrity coach Damntoni the same day the Knicks hired him.
Celebrity coach Damntoni got "Amare Stoudamire" believing that he is a NBA center. LOL now that's a JOKE!

At the end of the day or rather at the end of this season we were suppose to evaluate players and positions starting with the PG to the Center.
Here is the Knick evaluation for the 2009-10 season:
PG-poor
SG-poor
SF-poor
PF-poor
C--poor
Headcoach-very poor

Just a friendly FYI...it's drivel not dribble.

KBlack25

Starter
Kiyaman-

You said D'Antoni should have played Darko and Eddy Curry.

Eddy Curry was injured nearly all year. If he was healthy, D'Antoni would have played him to increase his trade value.
And if you really believed Mr. Softee Darko Milicic is the answer at center, well then that's just something I can't help you with.

You can get on D'Antoni for a lot of his decisions but not playing Darko or Curry should not be one of them.

Big C

Benchwarmer
Please be specific. He was "legit" against the Clippers. I remember when people were salivating over Bender when he first made an appearance.

Let's be easy and see how he performs the rest of the way (against various teams) and during summer league before we start making assumptions about his game.
He's legit. Barron can ball.

tiger0330

Legend
He's legit. Barron can ball.

First time I'm watching him, he can ball. He's having a great game against the Celts, you can see why he's been buried in the D-League though, he's not a great leaped and has avg. speed. He's had to develop skills to compensate. I'm not holding my breath but maybe the Knicks have found their starting center.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Wet blanket warning

It's only two games. Even if he doesn't play at this level consistently, I find it great that the Knicks now have a healthy 7' guy clogging up the middle.