Fire D'Antoni!

Kiyaman

Legend
Agreed. There definitely seem to be communication issues. They should get that sorted. Maybe it is a problem of "not making too much of a fuss about players who are not in the long term plans anyway."

A winning record gives us leverage of a couple of trades by the deadline....short rotations are for the playoffs not the regular seasons.
Dantoni's guard rotation in Phoenix consisted of Barbosa 27 mpg, Bell 39 mpg, and Nash 35 mpg for 3 straight seasons. That is helluv alot different from our guard rotation the last year and a half.
we needed to trade for "Keepers" with expiring contracts last season and this season.

pat

Starter
Dantoni's guard rotation in Phoenix consisted of Barbosa 27 mpg, Bell 39 mpg, and Nash 35 mpg for 3 straight seasons. That is helluv alot different from our guard rotation the last year and a half.

That's exactly my point: You do not lose your IQ as coach once you sign with another team. He is doing it for a reason. So far it hard to see which reason that would be, but eventually it will make sense.

KBlack25

Starter
So u dont think we could have done better trading Zach & Marbury with a 25-16 record (the Crawful trade was ledgit at that time b/c Harrington was a good fit between Lee, Chandler, and Zach in the rotation, plus we needed Mardy Collins defense)?

Marbury could have gotten us T-Mac, Boozer, Tyson Chandler, Brad Miller, Salmons, etc.

However.....its all under the rug now.

No, no, no, no, no.

The Rockets would never have traded T-Mac for Marbury...they have a great back court combo with Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowry. Why would they make that trade?

The Jazz would never trade Boozer, their starting PF, for Marbury. They have Deron Williams, why would they do that?

The Bobcats would never trade for Marbury. They are coached by Larry Brown. Remember last time?

Why would the Bulls trade Salmons OR Miller? They have Derrick Rose, they have no need for Steph.

I think you are over stating where Steph could have been traded this year and for what.

Kiyaman

Legend
No, no, no, no, no.

The Rockets would never have traded T-Mac for Marbury...they have a great back court combo with Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowry. Why would they make that trade?

The Jazz would never trade Boozer, their starting PF, for Marbury. They have Deron Williams, why would they do that?

The Bobcats would never trade for Marbury. They are coached by Larry Brown. Remember last time?

Why would the Bulls trade Salmons OR Miller? They have Derrick Rose, they have no need for Steph.

I think you are over stating where Steph could have been traded this year and for what.

All those trades did not take place untill midseason....Marbury would've been a great gamble after 41 games with us having a winning record with him in the rotation (acting like him and Dantoni was the best of friends LOL), plus being an ENDING contract.
Orlando Magic would've called us when Nelson got hurt....but Dantoni made Marbury reputation into SHUUUT.....even when Marbury accepted the role of coming off the bench

Kiyaman

Legend
That's exactly my point: You do not lose your IQ as coach once you sign with another team. He is doing it for a reason. So far it hard to see which reason that would be, but eventually it will make sense.

Is Dantoni a NBA headcoach without 3-All-Stars on his roster?
This is what the NBA league is trying to find out with his 2 years in New York.
Dantoni Failed in Denver...

dave2138

Rotation player
Marbury ruined his own reputation. I'm sure they tried to trade him, but no team wanted anything to do with him for fear of ruining team chemistry. Also he couldn't prove that he could play at a quality level anymore.

Its not like Ron Artest where teams were afraid of him thinking he could run into the stands like a monkey at any moment because when sane he is still one of the best in the NBA. It was worth the risk to take a chance on him...Marbury was not worth the risk for any team last year because his upside was limited at this point of his career.

Celtics took him as Rondo's back up, but he couldn't handle that...Couldn't even handle being Eddie House's back up. So now he's in China...thats what you get.

Really, how could you complain about the Marbury situation? What else were they supposed to do? I think it worked out well for everybody.

Kiyaman

Legend
Marbury ruined his own reputation. I'm sure they tried to trade him, but no team wanted anything to do with him for fear of ruining team chemistry. Also he couldn't prove that he could play at a quality level anymore.

Its not like Ron Artest where teams were afraid of him thinking he could run into the stands like a monkey at any moment because when sane he is still one of the best in the NBA. It was worth the risk to take a chance on him...Marbury was not worth the risk for any team last year because his upside was limited at this point of his career.

Celtics took him as Rondo's back up, but he couldn't handle that...Couldn't even handle being Eddie House's back up. So now he's in China...thats what you get.

Really, how could you complain about the Marbury situation? What else were they supposed to do? I think it worked out well for everybody.

I see it's hard for u too.....Marbury was a $21M ending contract coming off the next team luxury tax....do u really think the Detroit Pistons wanted AI instead of Billups? Recession with the Salary Cap being lowered.
Dantoni stopped all movement of Marbury by making that stupid public statement "he is not in the Knicks future".
Arbitration told Marbury to go on vacation in November, where he did'nt have to report to any games untill they came up with a decision.

KBlack25

Starter
All those trades did not take place untill midseason....Marbury would've been a great gamble after 41 games with us having a winning record with him in the rotation (acting like him and Dantoni was the best of friends LOL), plus being an ENDING contract.
Orlando Magic would've called us when Nelson got hurt....but Dantoni made Marbury reputation into SHUUUT.....even when Marbury accepted the role of coming off the bench

I still think you overstate his value. Marbury's contract was next to un-tradeable. I don't think anyone was taking on his contract for anyone that they valued in any way, shape or form.

dave2138

Rotation player
I see it's hard for u too.....Marbury was a $21M ending contract coming off the next team luxury tax....do u really think the Detroit Pistons wanted AI instead of Billups? Recession with the Salary Cap being lowered.
Dantoni stopped all movement of Marbury by making that stupid public statement "he is not in the Knicks future".
Arbitration told Marbury to go on vacation in November, where he did'nt have to report to any games untill they came up with a decision.

And you don't think they tried to trade Marbury from all of last off season up until the 2009 trade deadline? I don't think the problem was the lack of Walsh's effort to trade Marbury, but more that nobody wanted him despite his expiring contract.

Just because he was an expiring contract doesn't mean you'll get any value back in return...Marbury was coming off an injury where he missed most of the previous season, didn't want to come off the bench, had a bad reputation as a losing player and team cancer ... He alone was not going to get anything of value back. That's like saying Eddy Curry alone can bring back someone of value because he is an expiring contract. You would have had add young players like Lee, Nate, Chandler if you wanted something in return.

Yes the Pistons traded Billups to save money in the long term...but they also got Iverson who was coming off a 26.5 ppg 7 assists/game season. Marbury was not going to get us Billups.

Red

TYPE-A
Are you convinced yet?

Here's the latest drivel from this schmuck... D'Antoni basically says he is adverse to change, even though he is failing! More stubborness.
"I don't love to do that, because you better know what you're shaking it up to," D'Antoni said. "You could shake it up for the worse. And that doesn't help anything."The change D'Antoni wants to see is on defense, with his team having allowed an average of 112points while losing five of its last six games."We don't have the right energy and the right determination to play," D'Antoni said. "Whether you're playing in the summer time or now, you should play hard and with heart and soul and we're searching for that a little bit.""I don't love to do that, because you better know what you're shaking it up to," D'Antoni said. "You could shake it up for the worse. And that doesn't help anything."The change D'Antoni wants to see is on defense, with his team having allowed an average of 112points while losing five of its last six games."We don't have the right energy and the right determination to play," D'Antoni said. "Whether you're playing in the summer time or now, you should play hard and with heart and soul and we're searching for that a little bit."
and here are a few reactions posted:
ARE YOU F'EN KIDDING ME, HOW CAN WALSH MAKE A COMMENT LIKE THIS.. "I don't like the way we played, it was a disappointment," Walsh said after practice in Greenburgh Tuesday."... I didn't see the intensity, which you have to have at this point. That has to pick up." MR. WALSH, when you have a dumb owner, dumb coach who destroyed this team from last year, what do you expect. These guys are just collecting there pay and looking forward to the end of the season! [quote/]

and then there is:

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
We don't have the right energy and the right determination to play," D'Antoni said" YEAH, Keep key players on the bench thru multiple games, play 8 man rotation, SOMETIMES EVEN 6 IF ITS AN PERSONNEL VENDETTA, NO PG, ROOKIES NOT GETTING PLAYING EXPERIENCE, SAME BS FOLLIES FROM LAST YEAR, WTF DO YOU EXPECT.
noodle 6:08:01 AMFeb 3, 2010Coach D-Less has way too many agenda's and is more interested in being miked up and bringing you into his huddle then communicating with his players. Great coaches like Riley, Parcells and Torre are tough minded, don't give a **** about pleasing the media, are well respected by the players and know how to get the most out of every guy on the roster. [quote/]

Red

TYPE-A
another fans comments....

"It is also time that Donnie Walsh starts to evaluate the coach based on wins and losses. No one gets a free ride.Are the Knicks players prepared (mentally and physically) fror each game? Mike D's tight rotation and refusal to use all of his bench players at any given time, may not have put the team in the best position to win all of the potential opportunities that they have had. Mike D's coaching style should also be evaluated,as the best fit for the Knicks."

Red

TYPE-A
Can you hear me now?

Yup, blew a 15pt lead in the 4th with 7mins left, to the Kings ne less! And this is the coach some of you want? Just look at the threads and the comments. You bring in a "star" coach to: Raise the level of play, develope youth, instill a solid philosophy etc... basically to be able or increase your ability to compete, right? This is exactly what D'Antoni DOESN'T do! His system (like someone mentioned is not situational) his logic is flawed, and the NY stage has EXPOSED him- his record here speaks for itself. When will Donnie and some fans realize D'Antoni must go! Please tell me EXACTLY what to look for when rating a coach- b/c if what we've seen so far isn't enough, I need some enlightenment

Paul1355

All Star
Mike D is down right bad when it comes to coaching. He might be the best planner but during the games he brings in the wrong guys at the wrong times and has no clue how to coach a basketball game. Knicks fans could coach a better game than this fraud.

jpz17

Starter
Mike D is down right bad when it comes to coaching. He might be the best planner but during the games he brings in the wrong guys at the wrong times and has no clue how to coach a basketball game. Knicks fans could coach a better game than this fraud.

:teeth::teeth::teeth:

ANU

Starter
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Red

TYPE-A
Up 6 with 1:33 left in the 4th...

didn't foul when you had one at the end...

Add these to my list.

The Thread Continues!

P motherf*cking S...

Ruined a great debut by TMac and House (although TMac blew the 2 foul shots)
:whack::whack::whack::whack::whack::whack::whack::whack::whack: