Folks- B-Jennings looks great while Hill is on the bench

LJ4ptplay

Starter
The fact that Hill can't even get in the rotation on a really, really bad team speaks volumes on how bad a pick he was at #8.

mafra

Legend
I think this is an interesting debate. Jennings is off to a nice start, for sure. BUT, again, I go on record saying I DO NOT LIKE HIS ATTITUDE. It bothers me that Walsh said he didn't have a good idea of his game (not enough scouting).... I mean, they only had ALL YEAR to prepare for that draft. Still, I think he feels the same way I do, but just doesn't want to admit it. There's just way too many red flags, and putting him in NY (big gulp).

I do agree that Ty Lawson would have been the smart bet. Kid is tough, quick, and a winner. A Nash type indeed.

I actually hated the Hill selection. BUT, I do get it. If you're going to swing and miss, at least do it going for a big body. We saw last night against CLE that this kid can shoot.

What better way to surround Lebron James than having two big dudes in Danillo and Hill who can pop it from the outside, while opening the middle for James to drive it? Just thinking. Hill has a LONG way to go, and we saw that on defense when he failed to block MO's shot.

BUT, back to the PG debate. It just seems that our biggest issue right now is not having a floor general. AND, we have no idea where we are going to get that from? D'ant needs a PG. SO, it just makes sense if we get him sooner than later, no?

However, I see their philosophyy.... They had Hill rated too high to pass on his potential just to reach for a guy they hoped would be their PG. Jennings had the talent, but not the head. Lawson was/is good, but was he worth the 8th pick? WHo knows.

All I do know is we do not have a PG and I do not see one coming soon.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Brandon Jennings is a headcase. In a game like basketball where team chemistry is so important, your floor general being an immature idiot can really ruin the team's performance.

I don't blame you for thinking Hill is a bust just yet, but at the same time, we don't want another Trevor Ariza-esque situation. We traded him, and now he's leading a team (that was at one point predicted to be amongst the worst in the league due to injuries to Yao and T-Mac and Artest leaving) to a 4-2 record. Yeah, the season is early, but 4-2 even 6 games in looks a hell of a lot better than this 1-5 record we're sporting right now.

bfab99

Benchwarmer
LOL!!! Dantoni picked Hill because he's from Arizona. Phoenix Suns shit whatever connection hahahaha. I wanted Brandon Jennings. I knew he'd be good. We could've got our future PG. Chris Duhon SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! Can we just buyout Duhon? Dude is trash.

mafra

Legend
LOL!!! Dantoni picked Hill because he's from Arizona. Phoenix Suns shit whatever connection hahahaha. I wanted Brandon Jennings. I knew he'd be good. We could've got our future PG. Chris Duhon SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! Can we just buyout Duhon? Dude is trash.

Our future PG is in NO. Chris Paul.

I'm sure DW (and coach D'ant) liked BJ's game but thought the kid was a HUGE RISK (especially playing in NY). Walsh wont say it, but I bet that was the case.

I think Hill will be fine. Like how long it took Boris Diaw to develop. Hill has a sweet jumper.

Lebron James this summer. Chris Paul the next. With Danillo, Hill, Chandler & Douglas.... equals good times ahead.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
11-19 FG
2-2 3pt FG
9 assists
4 turnovers

That was Brandon Jennings statline for tonight. Against the DENVER NUGGETS.

That statline is impressive, especially when you're a rookie being defended by Chauncey Billups.

So how's Duhon and Hill?

Last edited:

bfab99

Benchwarmer
If we don't get Lebron this summer, fire DAntoni and Walsh. I'm tired of this shit. 2 years of crap then NO Lebron?! I'd be pissed seriously.

LJ4ptplay

Starter

Your source for this information??

This was more Walsh's fault than D'Antoni's:

D'Antoni does not run the draft -- he is one voice among many. D'Antoni won't give his true assessment on whether he had Jennings higher than Jordan Hill on his personal list.
The Knicks scouts didn't have Jennings close to Hill on their board. The club's European scout Kevin Wilson liked Jennings, but did not push Walsh hard enough. The Barcelona-based Wilson, close to the Ricky Rubio family, probably thinks Rubio will land in New York eventually. Jennings played limitedly last season in Italy.

Walsh and D'Antoni had flown to Treviso, Italy, for a draft camp to investigate selecting Jennings, who never showed. Walsh felt he didn't have enough information to make Jennings the eighth pick. Not good.

And now they're stuck with Duhon for the year -- without a point guard of the present or future. D'Antoni wanted Ramon Sessions. Walsh balked. Yes, rookie Toney Douglas is impressing D'Antoni lately, but he's not a bona fide starter.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...n_knicks_z1JG05qln67Vf28raWKDML#ixzz0Wex1X9PX

D'Antoni knew Duhon was not worthy to be his starting PG. That's why he wanted to get a PG in the draft or at least free agency (Sessions). The Hill pick seems like a Walsh pick to me.

What really bothers me is that the Knick scouts didn't have enough information on Jennings. How is that possible? Most people on this board knew Jennings was the better (and more needed) pick than Hill.

By the way, Jennings had 32 points and 9 assists to lead the Bucks past the Nuggets last night. How many points did Hill have?

We needed to hit a home run on that draft and we missed badly, very badly.

mafra

Legend
Your source for this information??

This was more Walsh's fault than D'Antoni's:

D'Antoni knew Duhon was not worthy to be his starting PG. That's why he wanted to get a PG in the draft or at least free agency (Sessions). The Hill pick seems like a Walsh pick to me.

What really bothers me is that the Knick scouts didn't have enough information on Jennings. How is that possible? Most people on this board knew Jennings was the better (and more needed) pick than Hill.

By the way, Jennings had 32 points and 9 assists to lead the Bucks past the Nuggets last night. How many points did Hill have?

We needed to hit a home run on that draft and we missed badly, very badly.

Look at it this way, they wanted Curry over Jennings anyway. Right now, Toney Douglas looks like a more complete, NBA ready combo guard. So, in essence, it's like we still got a decent guard PLUS Hill.

I too felt sick when we drafted HILL. BUT, I see the potential... they did realize he would be a project (and probably know they're letting Lee walk).... The Hill pick was more for the future.

PLUS, how many people really wanted BJ?

AND, Walsh (and other NBA people) are keeping mum right now. When they say they didn't have a feel for him, I think that's corporate speak for he's a ticking timebomb and they don't like his attittude.

We blasted DW for Danillo.... but he's starting to look like the player we hoped for. He has lots more upside than Gordon or Lopez.

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
I wish his assist game was better, but his scoring and defense are at an NBA level right now. If he starts the rest of the year and can put up 14pts 5ast 1 st a game, that would be an amazing find.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
I agree with alot of you guys but if you are looking to hit a home run in the 2010 free agency would you not look to add the most complete or obvious talent via draft.

Donnie Walsh ****ed up by not picking Lopez and Jennings. The book is still out on Jordan and Danillo may be a monster in the future but Dwade, Lebron,Amare,Bosh..etc all want to win now. Those teams have more to offer then us currently until we prove we can play defense and not lose the game in one quarter of play.

mafra

Legend
Make it 42.

And Ellis + Watson combined have 18 points.

Suffice to say, we know for sure we are 2-8 if we had BJ. And to think people went ga=ga in the papers b/c Hill had like 10 points last night! And I think BJ has more rebounds too.

UPDATE: BJ goes for 55 points (with 5 assists and 5 rebounds). Hey, Hill had 10 points against GSW.

Last edited: