Folks- B-Jennings looks great while Hill is on the bench

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
This is sick.

Don't forget though, Duhon broke a Knicks record against the Warriors.Either way, a rookie doing this to any NBA team is sick.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
my ****ing goodness, bjennings has 53 pts. im watching the game through the internet. this kid looks like the second coming of iverson.. the good news is that jordan hill had 10 pts on 5-5 fg shooting. that always cheers me up when i see jennings, lawson, and evans tear up opposing teams.

mafra

Legend
my ****ing goodness, bjennings has 53 pts. im watching the game through the internet. this kid looks like the second coming of iverson.. the good news is that jordan hill had 10 pts on 5-5 fg shooting. that always cheers me up when i see jennings, lawson, and evans tear up opposing teams.

With D'ant's ties in Italy.... Fact we drafted a player from their league the year before.... Makes you wonder how it was possible that DW felt "they didn't have a good feel for him."

What was that?

The future of this franchise depended on 2 drafts.... And they knew all year they would have to select from like 10 players.... and they didn't do what they get paid millions to do?

I have to believe they passed on BJ b/c of red flags- his attitude. I mean, at least then I can fathom their decision.

EVERYONE knew we needed a PG, right? This kid was the #1 High School recruit the year before. Basically, you had the chance to grab last year's version of D-Rose. If you pass on talent like this it better be for a SPECIFIC reason.... otherwise DW is beyong clueless. It should almost be illgeal for him (some crime) to differ and claim "I didn't have a feel."

TunerAddict

Starter
With D'ant's ties in Italy.... Fact we drafted a player from their league the year before.... Makes you wonder how it was possible that DW felt "they didn't have a good feel for him."

What was that?

The future of this franchise depended on 2 drafts.... And they knew all year they would have to select from like 10 players.... and they didn't do what they get paid millions to do?

I have to believe they passed on BJ b/c of red flags- his attitude. I mean, at least then I can fathom their decision.

EVERYONE knew we needed a PG, right? This kid was the #1 High School recruit the year before. Basically, you had the chance to grab last year's version of D-Rose. If you pass on talent like this it better be for a SPECIFIC reason.... otherwise DW is beyong clueless. It should almost be illgeal for him (some crime) to differ and claim "I didn't have a feel."

But then again, a shitload of people passed on him too...

mafra

Legend
But then again, a shitload of people passed on him too...

But how many teams needed a PG (who passed on him)?

8 teams passed. MIN & GSW took PGs (so they may be bigger culprits than NY). LAC took Blake #1, so they don't count. OKL had a PG (they took Westbrook last year).

SAC loved Evans and he looks good, and Memphis took the big guy (they had Mayo).

That leaves TOR & NY.

Point is we needed a PG; we needed a playmaker. We needed somebody to contribute. I can live with the Hill selection (even though it made me sick when they called his name)....

BUT I NEED A BETTER EXCUSE for passing on BJ, b/c we didn't know enough about him doesn't fly with me?

We drafted a 6"10' Gallo the year before. Wilson Chandler's best position seems to be PF. We had Lee. We have Harrinton. So we take another PF, and a project at that WE KNEW WOULD DO SQUAT THIS YEAR? How would this help recruit free agents next year? Or did they think we had a playoff-worthy roster regardless?

How did they have a feel for this guy Hill but not BJ?

iSaYughh

Starter
:barf:As if BJ isn't bad enuff, we have to watch all the other guards in the draft log quality minutes and throw down....

I don't get this "we didnt know enuff about him" either -- that is Idiocy 101 and no1 runs a *winning* business/franchise with that mentality. Maybe he is/was a cocky punk; who cares, you can be something of a cocky"punk" and still be a good teammate, clutch, skilled, winner. Just because a YOUNG player is BRASH....

Goddamn. Hill *and* Chandler better shine bright bc Walsh put our franchise on their backs this past draft.

Gotta pray we pawn off Harrington/Lee/etc. for a real PG sometime this yr....

mafra

Legend
:barf:As if BJ isn't bad enuff, we have to watch all the other guards in the draft log quality minutes and throw down....

I don't get this "we didnt know enuff about him" either -- that is Idiocy 101 and no1 runs a *winning* business/franchise with that mentality. Maybe he is/was a cocky punk; who cares, you can be something of a cocky"punk" and still be a good teammate, clutch, skilled, winner. Just because a YOUNG player is BRASH....

Goddamn. Hill *and* Chandler better shine bright bc Walsh put our franchise on their backs this past draft.

Gotta pray we pawn off Harrington/Lee/etc. for a real PG sometime this yr....

Why not run a battery of psychological tests then? I mean, a "miss" like this can/will literally wreck any hope a franchise has to recover for 5 years.

In other words, Knicks had 2 drafts to get the ship going in the right direction. They needed to hit doubles AT LEAST in both drafts. 2 HOMERS would have been better.

It's almost like DW passed on the PG spot b/c he didn't want to be accused of drafting the wrong guy. With a few to pick from.... why not just grab the "BIG" PF (who doesn't play defense)?

If you bring in a personality like LEBRON, he would straighten out a guy like BJ (LJ plays with West right!)....

Imagine BJ-GALLO-LJ for the next 8 years!

mafra

Legend
He broke Kareem's Bucks rookie record of 53

.... scoring 29 points in the 3rd quarter. 10 points in the final 2:15 in the 4th... while playing to the crowd:

"At several points after scoring, he waved his arms in the air to get the crowd to cheer louder"

Sounds like everything MSG needs. HEY, I realize this comes with the draft. BUt we were pathetic last year AND we knew everything was riding on making the correct selection. Did we do our due dilligence? DW admits he didn't. It's one thing to make an error of judgement, it's quite another thing to make an ill-informed decision when you aren't equppied with all the facts.

We fans have put up with a lot. We were asked to put up with even more the last 14 months. We deserved better than this. They call out the players for their energy and their work ethic. Well, what did DW do with the draft?

It just gets worse and worse. Thanks alot Dolan.

iSaYughh

Starter
Amen, mafra, amen....wasn't BJ practically BEGGING to come to us and play at MSG under the bright lights? Putting his rep on the line in advance by saying how much he wanted to play in NY and was made for the garden....

Damn. What could have been. Even subbing the raging magnificence of Jennings....with Lawson. I'd mame James Dolan to get to see Lawson play alongside Gallo.

mafra

Legend
Amen, mafra, amen....wasn't BJ practically BEGGING to come to us and play at MSG under the bright lights? Putting his rep on the line in advance by saying how much he wanted to play in NY and was made for the garden....

Damn. What could have been. Even subbing the raging magnificence of Jennings....with Lawson. I'd mame James Dolan to get to see Lawson play alongside Gallo.

I totally concur!

All we heard about when we signed Duhon was how Coach K. sold him to his pal Mike D'ant.

WHY NOT ASK COACH K. about how good Ty Lawson was/is.

Unless Walsh was so sure that he was going to get Ricky Rubio (somehow), then he HAD TO GET A PG in this drat. I mean, at least if he signed Sessions I could live with it (he fills PG in a young Sessions). I/You may not like Sessions, or agree with this, but at least we are rest assured knowing Walsh got his PG.

BUT, when he doesn't get Rubio in a trade... You just scratch your head here.

It's like they put all their eggs in the Curry basket. The moment Curry was gone they had two choices: Lawson or Jennings.

The PG in this system is just too important, and you had two rare PGs to pick from. At least if you miss with BJ.... it made sense. If you miss with Hill....

iSaYughh

Starter
Ya, man...I'm not a huge Sessions cheerleader or the other dudes who were potentials like Arroyo, etc....but this system -- to say nothing of the leauge itself -- *demands* a PG who can deal.

Duhon....just retarding the progress of Gallo and Co.

I'm most sickened by the thought that Walsh and Co. couldn't see what most Knick fans saw last year -- that Duhon is a backup with no place in our system. And that they actually let these stud guards slip through our grasp bc they thought Duhon would hold the fort down.

dave2138

Rotation player
But how many teams needed a PG (who passed on him)?

8 teams passed. MIN & GSW took PGs (so they may be bigger culprits than NY). LAC took Blake #1, so they don't count. OKL had a PG (they took Westbrook last year).

SAC loved Evans and he looks good, and Memphis took the big guy (they had Mayo).

That leaves TOR & NY.

Point is we needed a PG; we needed a playmaker. We needed somebody to contribute. I can live with the Hill selection (even though it made me sick when they called his name)....

BUT I NEED A BETTER EXCUSE for passing on BJ, b/c we didn't know enough about him doesn't fly with me?

We drafted a 6"10' Gallo the year before. Wilson Chandler's best position seems to be PF. We had Lee. We have Harrinton. So we take another PF, and a project at that WE KNEW WOULD DO SQUAT THIS YEAR? How would this help recruit free agents next year? Or did they think we had a playoff-worthy roster regardless?

How did they have a feel for this guy Hill but not BJ?

The only logical reason I can think of is that around the time of the draft Jennings was getting a bad reputation for having an oversized ego. After living with Marbury for so long, they didn't want to draft someone that would bring that kind of drama especially with all the pressure he would have received in NY.

Still though you are absolutely right...They had to go with Jennings there just because he was the best talent available and filled a much needed hole. You worry about his attitude and personality when it actually becomes an issue.

At the time and even more now would have made more sense to go with Jennings #8 and Dajuan Blair #29.

iSaYughh

Starter
If we take Jennings (or another guard with our lotto) not a bad chance we do take Blair, too.

Damn. To think our Knick management got pussyfeet and bailed on BJ because they were traumatized by Marbury's management? Damn....

mafra

Legend
The only logical reason I can think of is that around the time of the draft Jennings was getting a bad reputation for having an oversized ego. After living with Marbury for so long, they didn't want to draft someone that would bring that kind of drama especially with all the pressure he would have received in NY.

Still though you are absolutely right...They had to go with Jennings there just because he was the best talent available and filled a much needed hole. You worry about his attitude and personality when it actually becomes an issue.

At the time and even more now would have made more sense to go with Jennings #8 and Dajuan Blair #29.

I just wonder if being from Compton had anything to do with it? What if he was from Denver or Miami? Would that have swayed their thinking?

And, again, unless they saw something themselves.... they owed it to the franchise to ENSURE with justification if they were going to cross his name off the board.

it's one thing for me, or you, to say we should pass on BJ (based on what we heard).... but for Walsh to do so.... MAKES ME SICK.

And then wouldn't Lawson make sense?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i knew we shoulda drafted jennings instead of hill, jennings is the much better long term and intimidate prospect, having him on our team woulda made us that much better, **** walsh and dantoni!

mafra

Legend
Warriors coach Don Nelson called Jennings' effort "probably the best rookie performance I've ever witnessed in 30-some years coaching."

"We tried to handle him every way possible," Nelson said.

Warriors reserve Corey Maggette said Jennings had a "special game," one he had not seen in a long time.

"That was a great performance," Maggette said, shaking his head. "I don't know if anyone has done that since Magic [Johnson]. He was something pretty special tonight."

"It was a very, very impressive performance for anyone, let alone a rookie in his seventh game," Milwaukee coach Scott Skiles said. "We just gave the ball to Brandon and let him go to work."

"I was scoreless after the first quarter and really struggling," said Jennings, who hit 21 of 34 shots after hitting just one of his first seven shots. "I just started getting in the groove and felt really good in the third quarter."

"I was just trying to do whatever I could to help us win," he said. "We were out of sync in the first half and really needed to step it up."

Bucks center Andrew Bogut said he was in position several times in the third quarter for offensive rebounds, but wasn't needed.

"I was just waiting for it to come off the rim, but it just kept going straight through, which makes it easier for me," he said. "But it could have padded the stats a little bit if he missed one or two of them."

Mr.Nine

Rookie
The whole Knick's front office and coaching staff needs to be fired. I've been telling everyone I know the Knicks should have used these last 2 picks to prepare for the upcoming 2010 off season (Knicks have no picks) by selecting Jason Thompson and then Jennings. They screwed up last year by picking Gallinari instead of a solid pf/c like Jason Thompson or Brooke Lopez. That should have made them choose a pg(Jennings) this year. I like Gallo, but come on. I wish I could get hired by the Knicks we would have drafted Bynum and Ellis or Thompson & Jennings and have money to sign a big time free agent or two. How hard is it to pick players? To hell with Rubio and his three on 1 highlight reels unless improves. Hill has skills he just needs some experience. If you look at his bball history he improves with the playing time he receives year by year.