Forum Status

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Hello All....... I don't know if it is me only but do you feel that the forum is becoming boring and full of pessimistic nagging people only?

where are the great posters? where is the good useful talk, rather than, Melo suck, coach stupid and we are terrible we will not make it.

I am sorry if the post is lame or stupid, but I just feel the forum is not like what is used to be.......

This forum is probably only a dozen or so people who regularly seem interested in posting. If you don't like the current nature of the forum, the only way to change it is to be more active and post more often. Personally, I don't think the insight provided about the team on these forums is any different than it was when I first joined, but I definitely think we could use some more frequent posters around here.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
i have some major plans for this month that will include an ad campaign so bear with me a couple of weeks more and hopefully we'll get this place back to life again!

CoolClyde

just keep posting and toasting with thoughts and commentary, and intellectual conversation shall ensue.

sure, there are some negative nancys here, but that's just the nature of the forum game when Knicks lose more than they win. i'm looking forward to the changes Rady has promised... ad campaign? hmmmm!!!!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
i have some major plans for this month that will include an ad campaign so bear with me a couple of weeks more and hopefully we'll get this place back to life again!
Looking forward to this, rady! I'm willing help if you want.

There is a lot of negativity on these forums, but at least there's passion. I am a bit tired of the Melo bashing though. Oh well.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Not really. ... We were losing before but it was much better. Many posters. Jokes, serious things....... it is more gloomy and full of nagging nowadays.
I don't post much but i used to read a lot.
My question is where are the old posters.... where is metro for example or crazy8.... red.... i don't know. .... They used to compete over game threads. ... now Rady is doing them cause i think nobody is willing to. ....

Not really. ... We were losing before but it was much better. Many posters. Jokes, serious things....... it is more gloomy and full of nagging nowadays.
I don't post much but i used to read a lot.
My question is where are the old posters.... where is metro for example or crazy8.... red.... i don't know. .... They used to compete over game threads. ... now Rady is doing them cause i think nobody is willing to. ....

Yeah, those guys were great, but I guess, what's your point? Those of us still here are all very active and still enjoy these forums. A handful of people are very down on this team right now, but a bunch of the rest of us are very excited for the future. If we can get some new posters for this next era of the team then that can make the future even better.

paris401

Starter
The Melo haters took over and chased all our quality posters away. Then the Melo haters stopped posting...um um um:(

lets face it... melo makes it easy to hate... makes no one around him better, plays little "D", BUT... he did take less then the max to stay in ny and finish what he started... whatever that may be...

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
The Melo haters took over and chased all our quality posters away. Then the Melo haters stopped posting...um um um:(

I guess that is true, but not only the Melo nagging, it is the negativity all over..... always the black picture, no hope, nothing is good.......
I am not nagging, I just hate the current status of the forum compared to the previous one, and trying to know the reason, maybe if we know what is the real reason we can work on it and bring back the good days....

Kiyaman

Legend
Hello All....... I don't know if it is me only but do you feel that the forum is becoming boring and full of pessimistic nagging people only?

where are the great posters? where is the good useful talk, rather than, Melo suck, coach stupid and we are terrible we will not make it.

I am sorry if the post is lame or stupid, but I just feel the forum is not like what is used to be.......

Knicks Drop Fourth Straight LOSS in 103-96 Loss To Hawks

After reading the above headline, what do u post?
the problem? the solution? or be patient?

When it comes to the NY Knicks and NY Jets seven out of every ten of their Forums have been empty the past two years.
If both NY teams were performing at a .500 percentage i doubt if 3 out of every 10 Forums would be empty.
Lets GO :gony:

Kiyaman

Legend

I believe thats the problem, the blame-game.
Ask any Knicks player what happen last night? their mind goes straight to the blame-game, what comes out their mouth to reporters are different from what they are thinking.
The 2nd half defense losing a 15 pt lead reflex on every player in the rotation.
People who pick-out Melo for the loss is because the BIG-APPLE Media pick-out Melo for every Knicks win.
It's nothing personal.....

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
I believe thats the problem, the blame-game.
Ask any Knicks player what happen last night? their mind goes straight to the blame-game, what comes out their mouth to reporters are different from what they are thinking.
The 2nd half defense losing a 15 pt lead reflex on every player in the rotation.
People who pick-out Melo for the loss is because the BIG-APPLE Media pick-out Melo for every Knicks win.
It's nothing personal.....

Mmmmm.... I sense a change in attitude KIA :)

Kiyaman

Legend
Mmmmm.... I sense a change in attitude KIA :)

It's Kaya, from Bob Marley song.

Not much of a change, read my post on Melo vs Triangle, and Phil vs Silver

NBA Notes: Carmelo Anthony, Knicks Have Deeper Problems Than Triangle
By Ben Watanabe on Tue, Nov 11, 2014

Carmelo Anthony desperately needs a new milliner, but not nearly as desperately as he needs a coach who can put together a real offense.

Monday?s 91-85 loss to the Atlanta Hawks was a microcosm of the New York Knicks? problems:
The more Anthony gets his, the less likely it seems the Knicks are to win.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
you know, I think any successful team needs a good PG, we did not enjoy a decent PG since a very long time...... and I guess the triangle needs a very good PG too....

Kiyaman

Legend
you know, I think any successful team needs a good PG, we did not enjoy a decent PG since a very long time...... and I guess the triangle needs a very good PG too....

Not the old blame it on the PG .. Calderon is sitting back watching Larkin, while telling himself he was right, there are to many selfish players in the rotation on offense, and lazy as a donkey on defense.
If the Knicks record were 6-2 Calderon would be healthy to play against Orlando Magic.

The first time Phil use the triangle system he had BALL-HOG MJ play PG all season.
The season started of with Charles Oakley riffing with MJ ball-hogging, Phil put MJ as the PG.
The Bulls were knocked out of the playoffs by Isiah Thomas Bad-Boy Pistons.
In better words the triangle system is built to have Ball-Hoggers (MJ & Kobe) to keep the ball-movement flowing for 3 quarters of the game. They could ball-hog with their "one on one" moves in the 4th quarter.
Recall .. when Kobe got mad at Shaq, when Pop came up with a "Hack-Shaq" in the 4th quarter, Kobe didn't want Shaq to touch the ball in the 4th qtr., Shaq laughed and called Kobe a foreign baby.

Players selfishness on the Knicks has been blame the losses on the PG since Melo first full season as a Knicks.

paris401

Starter
once the I'Talian comes back, we'll be ok... ice cream for everbody

Attachments

• th[1].jpg
    th[1].jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 1
  • mister-softee-ice-cream-profile[1].jpg
    mister-softee-ice-cream-profile[1].jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 1

jimkcchief88

All Star
We ignored the PG heavy draft and picked godson Gallo instead. And still needing a quality PG.....so when's Calderone gonna play because it's looking like we dumped Tyson for nothing...I guess this is the throw away season but tell season ticket holders at MSG they are literally wasting thier loot:(

tiger0330

Legend
We ignored the PG heavy draft and picked godson Gallo instead. And still needing a quality PG.....so when's Calderone gonna play because it's looking like we dumped Tyson for nothing...I guess this is the throw away season but tell season ticket holders at MSG they are literally wasting thier loot:(
Calderon better bring it when he gets back because Tyson is killing Dally. Chandler is playing well for the Mavs, no regrets though but I do miss those alley oops between him and Felton.