Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Brooklyn Nets 7:30 12/14/2017 [Game #28]

mafra

Legend
3 game win streak.... team has responded from their second losing streak of the young season.

Melo and OKC coming to town Sat.... doesn?t seem like KP will play tho.

tiger0330

Legend
4th quarter defense was huge. Brooklyn only hit 7 shots and made 6 turnovers in the 4th.
They took a lot of 3s that were wide open but Baker was gritty. Not a lot of energy in Barclays for the Nets, not sure you can even say the Nets have a home court advantage like the Knicks have at MSG.

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 29

mafra

Legend
Knitty strikes me like a young Rondo. Maybe not as ?aggressive? or confident, but probably has a better shooting form.

tiger0330

Legend
And once again, best plus/minus on the team is Ntilikina with +14. Next highest was O’Quinn with +9.

Ntilikina’s defense is a complete game changer for us. Imagine if he could become even just a slightly above average offensive player?
I'd like to see him start against Westbrook on Sat. let's test the young man. Change things up esp if KP is out.

tiger0330

Legend
Knitty strikes me like a young Rondo. Maybe not as “aggressive” or confident, but probably has a better shooting form.
More like a taller Mark Jackson to me. Rondo had hops that Knits doesn't have. Knits will learn to shoot, I'd be worried if he didn't have good mechanics but he won't be the dynamic athlete Mitchell is. Check out the highlights of his game in CHI in the NBA thread, his 3 wasn't falling but he was scoring at will, Chicago announcers were saying how good he was all game.

mafra

Legend
Nets coach Kenny Atkinson on Porzingis: ?If anyone has any suggestions, I?d love to hear it,?? Atkinson cracked when asked how to defend the 7-foot-3 Latvian. ?The great thing is he plays defense too and protects the rim. You?re figuring out his offensive game, but you?re also figuring out how to get him out of the way. He can score the ball. It?s a unique, unique player, great for the NBA, but not great for the Nets.??

and1

Rotation player
lee could not have picked a better time to come out of that slight funk he fell into for a couple of games.
<~~~~~~~ this guy once again coming up pretty big in the 2nd half.
and the baker! baking some cookies with his hustle.
there was a stretch when it seemed like the Q was grabbing just about every rebound that was there to be had.
nice win for these guys. hopefully this starts a more positive trend in terms of our road games... cuz we're gonna need it!
let's hope KP is good to go soon. but i'm getting the feeling we're not going to see him on saturday.

Kiyaman

Legend
Lineup of O?Quinn, Beasley, McDermott, Baker, and Ntilikina playing tough defense and scoring points in transition. Lead is stretched to 11.

The 2nd unit lineup coach Horn should have been developing from day one of opening season in October .. Rather than underdevelop a young core of players by experimenting on mixed lineups in a 8 man rotation from start of season .. Nice Knick Win !!!

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
The 2nd unit lineup coach Horn should have been developing from day one of opening season in October .. Rather than underdevelop a young core of players by experimenting on mixed lineups in a 8 man rotation from start of season .. Nice Knick Win !!!

Well said :beer: