TV
TIME
Crypto.com Arena, Los Angeles, CA
MSG
10:30 PM EST

rady

Administrator
Staff member
another late game, but kind of an early game for me, i might catch the second half before heading to the office

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks for the Game Thread Rady .. I have to catch this late nite game the Lakers 38 yr old Lebron and AD performing like they are star players on their rookie contract. Plus I want to see how well Reddish does against us.
Our Knicks have been giving up to many points to our opponents, and everyone is looking at our defense now that Mitch Robinson will be out till late January, or early Feb.
Don't be surprise at seeing Taj Gibson in tonite starter lineup.

Kiyaman

Legend
End of the First Quarter .. Knicks 35 - Lakers 27
It look like a Knicks blowout tonite .. Uh-Oh! Lakers turn it around going down the stretch of the 2nd quarter for

Half Time .. Knicks 57 - Lakers 58
Randle played 19 straight minutes in the first half for 16 pts, 8 rbs, 3 ast.
Quickleys energy off the bench added 13 pts
Brunson added 12 pts
We were 4-15 from 3's .. leave it alone

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Knicks taking a 10 point lead, 90-80 at the end of the 3rd, after being down 75-78 just minutes ago. Quickley on fire with 18 pts

Kiyaman

Legend
End of 3rd Quarter .. Knicks 90 - Lakers 80
Randle played all 12 min of the 3rd qtr.
Knicks ended the quarter on a 15-2 run
Quickley 20 pts in 16 minutes

Kiyaman

Legend
34 seconds remain in game Knicks lead by 7 points .. great downcourt pass from Quickley to Randle for the DUNK

mafra

Legend
Knicks win! Knicks win! 11 straight games scoring 113 or more. Haven’t done that since 1960s. 16 games in a row scoring 100 or more (14/16 113 or more). Knicks in a franchise historic run of offense (as is NBA overall).

Randall and Hartenstein were huge. JB too. Some IQ and RJ. Kaboom! Time for Nets tomorrow night.

Kiyaman

Legend
Hartenstein 17 rebounds, 2 ast, 2 steals, 2 blocks was supposed to have a double-double standing all alone at the back-door and Josh Hart want to dribble the ball instead of throw the ball down court to a OPEN Hartenstein under the basket who ended the game having 9 points on 3-4 FG !!!

mafra

Legend
Randle on panting against LeBron:

“Every time I play against him. I learn how he attacks the game, controls the game, plays with pace,” Randle said. “How he looks to score, get other guys going. He’s truly a genius of this game. One of the greatest if not the greatest. Any time I get a chance to match up against him, I love to compete against him and learn from him.”

Julius got wacked in mouth and that required 4 stitches at halftime. Played 43 minutes (Knicks were -12 with him off the court). I think it’s time to trade RJ-QG to get a legit star to help Randle and Brunson.

mafra

Legend
Encouraging RJ News: Barrett has made 32-of-36 FT’s (88.9%) in the Knicks' last seven games and is up to over 85% from the stripe for the season.

Discouraging RJ News: Barrett is 13-for-38 (22.4%) from three-point territory over the Knicks last 12 games.

Kiyaman

Legend
Why sign Taj Gibson if Demarcus Cousins was available??

Taj Gibson's a veteran that knows the Knicks organization & players, plus Taj locker room leadership/bench coaching is priceless. Taj may not be in shape this season to play 20 minutes game after game, but his knowledge of the game is valuable. The Knicks never should've cut veteran Taj Gibson & Derrick Rose.

Here are the Knicks three weak position having no backups the remaining 6 games in December.
Last night vs Lakers ...
Center Hartenstein had to play 39 minutes ..
PF Randle had to play 43 minutes ..
PG Brunson had to play 37 minutes ..

Taj Gibson's a veteran that knows the Knicks organization & players, plus Taj locker room leadership/bench coaching is priceless. Taj may not be in shape this season to play 20 minutes game after game, but his knowledge of the game is valuable. The Knicks never should've cut veteran Taj Gibson & Derrick Rose.

Here are the Knicks three weak position having no backups the remaining 6 games in December.
Last night vs Lakers ...
Center Hartenstein had to play 39 minutes ..
PF Randle had to play 43 minutes ..
PG Brunson had to play 37 minutes ..
Well if Taj isn’t in BB shape…. Again why sign him.
Cousin is ready to go.
You like Taj but I think we should have never signed him to begin with the first time.
I wasn’t on board with signing Hartstein and thought Cousin should have been signed instead.

Kiyaman

Legend
Well if Taj isn’t in BB shape…. Again why sign him.
Cousin is ready to go.
You like Taj but I think we should have never signed him to begin with the first time.
I wasn’t on board with signing Hartstein and thought Cousin should have been signed instead.

I told u why they sign Taj Gibson .. An experience veteran big man that's familiar to the organization and players.
In 2019 offseason GM Perry signed Taj Gibson to be Knicks backup PF, and Portis to be backup Center.
And in 2020 offseason we signed Noel to be backup Center.
It was coach Thibs move that put Taj Gibson at the center position.
As for Cousins, he became unreliable each season .. in staying healthy, consistent-offense, consistent-defense, and consistent effort.

I told u why they sign Taj Gibson .. An experience veteran big man that's familiar to the organization and players.
In 2019 offseason GM Perry signed Taj Gibson to be Knicks backup PF, and Portis to be backup Center.
And in 2020 offseason we signed Noel to be backup Center.
It was coach Thibs move that put Taj Gibson at the center position.
As for Cousins, he became unreliable each season .. in staying healthy, consistent-offense, consistent-defense, and consistent effort.
Cousins will move the needle… Taj will never be considered a player that can move the needle.
We not talking about signing the best player but signing a favorite of the coach. Who will make this team better Cousins or Taj? Taj is too old and washed up. We are 4 or 5 years behind in not signing Cousins.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Cousins will move the needle… Taj will never be considered a player that can move the needle.
We not talking about signing the best player but signing a favorite of the coach. Who will make this team better Cousins or Taj? Taj is too old and washed up. We are 4 or 5 years behind in not signing Cousins.
There is a reason no NBA team signed Cousins......

There is a reason no NBA team signed Cousins......
Agreed and that reason has nothing to do with performance. Same reason Cam Newton isn’t playing in the NFL with all of those scrub QB’s.
When you can’t control someone and tell them what and when to say something. There is an article where Cousins is asking a NBA GM why he isn’t being signed? The GM only said “you know why you aren’t being signed”!!
Has he been arrested??
Has he been caught with drugs!?
Has he been in a domestic violence situation??
Just think of what a different he would have made on the Knicks. This is the #1 option that is needed.
This team hasn’t had a player that can get them a basket if needed since Rose was not signed.