Game thread: New York Knicks vs Charlotte Hornets 10/26/2022 7:30pm [Game #4]

Kiyaman

Legend
The same as the previous season .. the 4th quarter collapse ..
thankful tonight we went to OT for the win.
Is it me, or was Randle & Barrett & Brunson trying to out score each other in the 2nd half ???

Broadway

All Star
Great OT win. Can?t say enough about how well Brunson played tonight.

I said it the other night our success this season will depend on how well he plays. Tonight he was wonderful

Offseason signing was what the team desperately needed

mafra

Legend
Julius to Cam for a corner 3?.

Jalen to Mitch for the slam!

Watching those highlights again and again!

Kiyaman

Legend
Dennis Smith Jr. performance against us had the Knicks get their WIN in overtime ..
It was good to see DSJ get it together, and perform like a winner in the backcourt tonight.
I didn't like it was against us.

Throughout the game it look like MitchRob were the only player on the court playing defense.
Both teams shot 50% from the FG ..
Coach Tom Thibs refuse to play the bench-lineup tonight. WHY?
The Knicks bench-lineup have chemistry on both side of court plus good ball-movement.
A lot of fans in MSG wanted to see Obi Toppin receive more than 13 minutes SMH

Coach Thibs trio ISO lineup (Brunson, Barrett, Randle) are in trouble if they don't start running plays to get Fournier open looks, plus start feeding MitchRob down low consistently vs every opponents frontcourt early in the season. The Knicks next 7 games are rough, and will need the Knicks 10 Man rotation in each game to get a win.
Randle (7-19) & Barrett's (9-21) performance plus receiving 40 minutes of playing time had the Knicks ready for a loss in regulation, if it wasn't for Brunson 27 pts on 10-15 FG shooting, and 13 assist to turn the tables om the Hornets for a Knicks win in OT !!!

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Dennis Smith Jr. performance against us had the Knicks get their WIN in overtime ..
It was good to see DSJ get it together, and perform like a winner in the backcourt tonight.
I didn't like it was against us.

Throughout the game it look like MitchRob were the only player on the court playing defense.
Both teams shot 50% from the FG ..
Coach Tom Thibs refuse to play the bench-lineup tonight. WHY?
The Knicks bench-lineup have chemistry on both side of court plus good ball-movement.
A lot of fans in MSG wanted to see Obi Toppin receive more than 13 minutes SMH

Coach Thibs trio ISO lineup (Brunson, Barrett, Randle) are in trouble if they don't start running plays to get Fournier open looks, plus start feeding MitchRob down low consistently vs every opponents frontcourt early in the season. The Knicks next 7 games are rough, and will need the Knicks 10 Man rotation in each game to get a win.
Randle (7-19) & Barrett's (9-21) performance plus receiving 40 minutes of playing time had the Knicks ready for a loss in regulation, if it wasn't for Brunson 27 pts on 10-15 FG shooting, and 13 assist to turn the tables om the Hornets for a Knicks win in OT !!!

it seems knicks have the parts now........Brunson at 25 a million a year and cheaper in his final year was a huge signing.....especially after poole got 35 million....

Now its up to Thibs to make it work........if not he has to go.......there us no evident weakness on this team.....and when a plater is weak we have a replacement on the bench........no need for RJ or randle to play 40 minutes,.

tiger0330

Legend
Doncic overshadowed Brunson while he was in Dallas so I think him joining the Knicks being the primary playmaker is going to enable him to fulfill his full potential. Glad he's a Knick, not sure how many really wanted him here but I did.

Kiyaman

Legend
Why not change the offense scheme before Brunson got there??
Would have safe hundred million dollars, huh?!

Weeks before training-camp the Knicks Big Trio of Randle, Barrett, and Brunson should've met up and start working-out on their own offense/defense strategies to use within coach Thibs system. Each one of the three-players had meaningful reason to be extra-extra prepared for the 2022-23 NBA season. To start learning each other strength/weakness thru-out the regular season games didn't work for Fournier & Kemba. Are the trio prepared to win 3 or 4 in the next 7 games vs playoff teams ???

When u look at the struggling 1-3 Brooklyn Nets having a trio of star players that make extra super-star $$$ .. their LOSER performance has showed repeatedly they never got together in the offseason to work as a pair or trio on offense/defense to prepare for their upcoming season lineup. All that $$$ ($116M) for 3 players ???

Kiyaman

Legend
Doncic overshadowed Brunson while he was in Dallas so I think him joining the Knicks being the primary playmaker is going to enable him to fulfill his full potential. Glad he's a Knick, not sure how many really wanted him here but I did.

I like the idea of signing Brunson, but I'm still skeptic of Brunson receiving above 30 minutes per game .. Yes, Brunson had his best 82 game season on the end of his rookie contract. And yes, Brunson learned his playmaking-skills to score from Luka the past few seasons. I wish Brunson had a few season of coach Kidd passing-skills, and fronting opponents as a (thieve) defender.
However, Brunson's 13 assist last night were a career high .... Rookie Mark Jackson gave the Knicks a 13 or more assist game once or twice a month throughout his rookie season to grab the ROY !!!

Weeks before training-camp the Knicks Big Trio of Randle, Barrett, and Brunson should've met up and start working-out on their own offense/defense strategies to use within coach Thibs system. Each one of the three-players had meaningful reason to be extra-extra prepared for the 2022-23 NBA season. To start learning each other strength/weakness thru-out the regular season games didn't work for Fournier & Kemba. Are the trio prepared to win 3 or 4 in the next 7 games vs playoff teams ???

When u look at the struggling 1-3 Brooklyn Nets having a trio of star players that make extra super-star $$$ .. their LOSER performance has showed repeatedly they never got together in the offseason to work as a pair or trio on offense/defense to prepare for their upcoming season lineup. All that $$$ ($116M) for 3 players ???

Agree with you 100%.
And Knicks fans should have asked themselves the question ?where can those 3 take us??
How close are we to a championship with the addition of Brunson?
There are a lot of fan that aren?t thinking about why you play the season!!

mafra

Legend
S. Bondy NYDN

Barrett ranks 7th in NBA in miles logged per game at 2.76. He's 5th in distance covered on defense ? the only Knick in the top 20 ? which is indicative of being assigned the opposition?s top perimeter threat.