Venue
TV
TIME
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
MSG
7:30 PM EST

Kiyaman

Legend
Wsup Rady .. Thanks tor the Game Thread .. A matchup game tonight against a contender ..
At Center MitchRob vs Lopez
PF Randle vs Giannis
SF Quickley (DNP Reddish) vs Middleton
SG Grimes vs Allen
PG Brunson vs Holiday

Kiyaman

Legend
Half Time .. Knicks 51 - Bucks 46
Both teams playing 9 man rotation

The Knicks bench players weren't included in the first half scoring having 3 points compared to the Bucks bench 19 points.

mafra

Legend
Knicks up 51-46 at half. Randle is 4-18! Brunson has 20 & IQ 15 (6-8 shooting). Bench has a combined 3 points, 1 rebound, and 2 assist. Knicks are 4-26 from downtown. Between the 3-point shooting and load management… NBA regular season is brutal.

mafra

Legend
Knicks now 8-37. Bucks up 82-81, after NY blew 16-point lead in seconds. Knicks dominated first 2.5 quarters…. Should’ve been up 30. This was easy to predict coming. Bucks probably win by double digit.

Randle is 8-28 (1-12 from downtown). And, almost entire 4th still to play.

mafra

Legend
35-6 so far MIL to NY bench at MsG. So glad I haven’t watched or listened to. Second of this game.

mafra

Legend
I turned on and see Randle commit an offensive foul on a blatant push-off, leaves Giannis open on P&R for jam, commit unforced error turnover driving wide open down lane, leave shooter wide open for a 3, miss a FT. I turn off

mafra

Legend
11-41 from downtown

This game a reminder why (A) you trade Randle and (B) you pulling for lottery.

mafra

Legend
Knicks take 41 3s, yet final minute they refuse to take a 3 (when they needed it). How about not hoisting them up when you ahead by 16 and can blow game open?

Broadway

All Star
11-41 from downtown

This game a reminder why (A) you trade Randle and (B) you pulling for lottery.
I did not watch any of tonight’s game nor the last 4-5. If we lose 2 more gms in a row we have the exact same record as last yr and the yr before after nearly 45gms played

We have an easier stretch to close the month of January so if the team wants to change it’s fortunes, now is the time and a trade is likely necessary to do so…cuhz afterwards it gets ridiculously ugly to season’s end

Thing is the team fools me no more, never has since the Melo trade

Randle is a super solid player but not one you want as a “main option” to be a perennial 50+ win team. He’s a 3rd option on a championship caliber team, that’s it. His stock is probably as rich as ever…the problem, Thibs is MADLY in love with him in the WORST way and we won’t trade him

Randle stunts the growth in player development due to his high usage rate. In other words Randle can statistically fair well but the team won’t fair better than 43wins 1st round exit, which is mediocre. During our win streaks the metrics look good although our competition has been less than and circumstances of ineptness

We still lose more than we win against the upper echelon teams and blow too many home games

mafra

Legend
I agree. This is nothing against Julius as the player. Knicks caught a break getting Randle (over KP). Even tonight he was probably gassed and MIL was due and eager to rebound off their last game and atone for a bad stretch.

Grimes wasn’t any help, Hart is a disaster and yet plays over Sims. Those 2 were 1-13 combined.

I just don’t see how it helps battling for 8-10 seed. JB-RJ-Randle are all 3rd options at best on a title team. Maybe JB a 2nd option and maybe RJ not even a 3rd.

But Randle and JB gets you nowhere near where you need to be without a stud ahead of them. My fear is they don’t see the value missing playoffs…

Knicks aren’t getting a haul for Randle but they can get assets and help their lottery cause. Unfortunately, Leon will value Randle too highly and will focus more on making play-in (and getting swept in first round) over lottery and hoping for a miracle and a real stud.

The battle will be for 37-40 wins.
Yippee. Remember what Randle did vs ATL in playoffs. That’s his peak. He’ll take 25 shots and team will win 1 game. I’m not buying into that.

Trade Randle. Hope for lottery. That’s the train I’m on.

mafra

Legend
Good news is JB is worth the contract. Grimes a keeper.

Worst 3 point shooting quarter in NBA history (1st Q) and 0 assists in 1st Q for Knicks. 22-22 score.

mafra

Legend
What’s also annoying is that Giannis flopped late and got the call. Randle did push off (so blame him) but Giannis is a massive man and shouldn’t have been flung like that. Meanwhile, Bob Portis assaulted Grimes on an elbow to face and no offensive foul call…led to a bucket. In a 4 point game down stretch…. That sort of thing matters. The game was at MsG.

If you don’t call the Portis you can’t call the Randle play in that spot… tie game with 2 left.

Kiyaman

Legend
Randle collapse in the middle of the 3rd quarter from playing 28 minutes of playing time, Randle was no longer a first, second, third, or 4th option for scoring after committing two consecutive turnovers when he reached 28 minutes of playing time, having 4 min left in the 3rd quarter, and the Knicks having a 14 pt lead .. Thibs was supposed to yank Randle out the game for Obi to play the final 4 minutes of the 3rd quarter. Leaving Randle in the game the Bucks went on a 17-8 run to end the 3rd quarter.
The Bucks 38-29 4th quarter performance showed the 7 Bucks players scoring in double digits points (Giannis, Holiday, Lopez, Ingles, Allen, Con, and Portis) wanted the win more.
Brunson season high 44 point game could've used a Hot Quickley's help scoring going down the stretch, but Randle closed mind still believe its his & Barrett (now Brunson) job to do all the scoring going down the final 3 min stretch of games. 111-107 Bucks SMH