Game thread: New York Knicks vs Milwaukee Bucks 1/9/2023 7:30pm [Game #41]

Broadway

All Star
What’s also annoying is that Giannis flopped late and got the call. Randle did push off (so blame him) but Giannis is a massive man and shouldn’t have been flung like that. Meanwhile, Bob Portis assaulted Grimes on an elbow to face and no offensive foul call…led to a bucket. In a 4 point game down stretch…. That sort of thing matters. The game was at MsG.

If you don’t call the Portis you can’t call the Randle play in that spot… tie game with 2 left.
Again when it comes to reffing you won't find any pattern to what they do and the quote/unquote "home cooking" isn't really a thing...case in point let's use Miami Heat's most recent end of game result against Nets

There was clear contact, one could argue Royce O'neal went straight up but he came down on his off shooting hand with contact for sure. Did Butler get the benefit of the doubt at home...NOPE! They lost the game by 1pt. Here's what I find more interesting, Butler was asked about the play and he said...NO FOUL I SHOULD'VE MADE THE SHOT!

Sometimes we as MEN have to MAN up whether we are a participant or a spectator of sorts and not look to make excuses or complain all the time. Nothing is perfect by any stretch of the imagination when it comes to competition. Every team gets shafted out of victories every night. Now what Adam Silver should do is MAN up and hold his governing body of game control accountable as they do in EuroLeague...just to keep things a bit more honest

At the end of the day things would even out across the league and we likely see the same overall results of where teams stand competitively

Kiyaman

Legend
Last night the Ref watched Portis elbow Grimes for a KO and made no call!
I guess the NBA Referee's got tired of watching the Knicks SELFISH trio of Brunson, Randle, and Quickley hog the ball all game stopping any team ball-movement during the game (The trio combine for 73 FGA out of the team 100 FGA in the game).
And Quickley's 9-14 shooting for 23 points were the best % shooter on the court last night, but in the 4th quarter Brunson and Randle held tight on the ball never giving the ball to Quickley to take a shot in the 4th quarter. Selfish! Selfish! Selfish!
The Knicks 9 man rotation are for the Knicks trio ball-hoggers Brunson, Randle, and Barrett to control the offense decision-making for 48 minutes a game.
The Knicks coach Tom Thibs never put an all bench lineup on the court this season. Why?
Because veteran D.Rose (and Taj Gibson) all bench lineup out-shine coach Thibs starter lineup last season, and in the playoff vs Hawks.

Broadway

All Star
What does the NBA do in Miami's next game @ Home

Thunder 21FTA
Heat 40FTA(they made them all...lol)

Jimmy Butler 23-23 FTA/FTM

So I guess cuhz the refs all but goofed their last game, they decide hey let's make it up to the Heat and screw over the Thunder tonight...who lost by 1pt btw. Our Bad Jimmy Butler, We're Sorry :rolleyes:

Like I say pick almost any game any night and you won't believe what you're watching sometimes...You Can't Make This Up!!

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
What does the NBA do in Miami's next game @ Home

Thunder 21FTA
Heat 40FTA(they made them all...lol)

Jimmy Butler 23-23 FTA/FTM

So I guess cuhz the refs all but goofed their last game, they decide hey let's make it up to the Heat and screw over the Thunder tonight...who lost by 1pt btw. Our Bad Jimmy Butler, We're Sorry :rolleyes:

Like I say pick almost any game any night and you won't believe what you're watching sometimes...You Can't Make This Up!!

So so TRUE !!!
Pay back for not making the call vs Nets when Butler was knocked to the court in the air.
What got me tonight was Butler's 3 point play gave the Heats a 1 pt lead, and OKC star player Shai goes and shoot a 3-ball shot having 8 more seconds left to try and get a 2 pt shot for a OKC 1 pt lead having 2 or 3 seconds remaining in the game. Crazy!
That would never happen in the OLD NBA !!!

mafra

Legend
Insane that the L2M reported cited that Butler play as a correct non-call. Then again, that was Roy Hibbert verticality “clean” defense on Melo in 2012. Not so for Ewing when MJ would plow into him.

If you’re wondering, Grant (POR) doesn’t have a FT attempt vs ORL tonight.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Insane that the L2M reported cited that Butler play as a correct non-call. Then again, that was Roy Hibbert verticality “clean” defense on Melo in 2012. Not so for Ewing when MJ would plow into him.

If you’re wondering, Grant (POR) doesn’t have a FT attempt vs ORL tonight.
I'm glad they no called the play, I don't like games being decided at the FTL to end a game...that being said doesn't mean it's right in principle,. Hence we saw a bit of a crap show tonight. We could resort to conspiracy theory and say they were invested in the Nets continued success, coupled with Durant injury in the game...who knows

Yeah Grant didn't fair too well but he also didn't have a great offensive performance and Lillard is back. Meanwhile Luka shot 21FT and scored 43. Donovan is still on a rampage shot 11 scored 46. Our very own Brunson dropped 44 and shot 10. During our recent win streak Randle had 4gms in a row where he shot over 10. I think the league is trying to ride scoring performances from wherever they can get it from and may enable more than usual...who knows

Maybe Lebron's soon to be scoring record is driving this...who knows

mafra

Legend
I agree, too, with the CNC… MIA announcer made it sound much worse. There wasn’t much contact, he did jump up… sure, his arms weren’t straight up but JB jumped into him.

Bad look indeed tho next night vs OKC. Maybe they helped Nets win a game, then turn around and hook MIA up. MIA without most of their players, so it’s almost as if the officials decided before the game to do anything in their power to help Heat. Butler had 20 FTs in first 3 quarters. Insane.