Game thread: New York Knicks vs Minnesota Timberwolves 1/1/2024 3:00pm [Game #33]

mafra

Legend
They foul OG out on a total BS call. They let MIN hack away to get back from 22, and now calling foul on NyK every possession. lol.

JB 5-22. Gulp. 103-97 with 3:40 left.

OG gets ovation as he heads to bench.

Kiyaman

Legend
Game Ball GO to OG Anunoby for being the first Knicks to foul-out this season playing hard on both sides of the court.
3 and half min remain 103 - 97

rady

Administrator
Staff member
We’re giving them too many free stops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Randle once again with the layup and we get a ft. Game over!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mafra

Legend
Randle finished it. Great defense in KAT… makes a bunch of buckets. Huge game for Julius!!!!

Randle drives and KAT flops and it’s a charge. KAT drives and rams into Randle, JR goes down, and no call. I get it. Even at MsG. No respect for Julius. He has 38 tho!

Kiyaman

Legend
Randle and Kat the only players able to score in the final 3 min and Randle getting the better
Knicks 110 - 102
24 seconds remain in game

Kiyaman

Legend
We beat the 23-7 Big West Wolves 112-106 to start the 2024 New Year
Randle's 39 pts and 9 rebounds
OG 17 pts, 6 rbd, and big 3-ball in the 4th qtr.
Brunson's 16 pts, and 14 DIMES makes us forgive the 5-23 FG & 1-9 3-ball shooting
Donte 15 pts, 4 rbd,, 2 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk
Grimes 10 pts, 3 rbd, 1 ast, and 85% FG shooting
And Hartenstein outstanding hustle performance on KAT & Gobert by grabbing 9 rbd, 3 ast, 3 steals, 3 Blocks, shooting 2-3 FG for 7 points

For the 1st time this season I wanted and hoping for something to give me encouragement. Just a new look was nice. It was refreshing and I could see some good things happening.
Winning this game was good but it was only by 6 points at home. Now for most that’s ok but how are you going get 38 points from Randle?? Brunson getting 14 assists a career high.
Of course this team is missing something… there is nobody with electricity and athleticism. Where do find that?? What position would you try to put him in? Now as much as the league wants it I still believe in positions. 3 positions to chose from Center, SG and PG for that player with electricity and athleticism.

The best part was not seeing or hearing the names RJ BARRETT and IQ. I been waiting over 5 years to get rid RJ. Are the people that know something about BB finally making some decisions??

Kiyaman

Legend
For the 1st time this season I wanted and hoping for something to give me encouragement. Just a new look was nice. It was refreshing and I could see some good things happening.
Winning this game was good but it was only by 6 points at home. Now for most that’s ok but how are you going get 38 points from Randle?? Brunson getting 14 assists a career high.
Of course this team is missing something… there is nobody with electricity and athleticism. Where do find that?? What position would you try to put him in? Now as much as the league wants it I still believe in positions. 3 positions to chose from Center, SG and PG for that player with electricity and athleticism.

The best part was not seeing or hearing the names RJ BARRETT and IQ. I been waiting over 5 years to get rid RJ. Are the people that know something about BB finally making some decisions??

We played real good exciting b.ball today, until our 22 point lead was reduced to a 4 point lead.
Brunson's 41 minutes of playing time was useless to the Knicks team the entire 4th quarter.
What are we missing?
We are missing giving PG Deuce McBride at least 2 thousand minute of playing time in our past 3 seasons, to be prepared to backup the PG position for 14 to 20 minutes a game in his 3rd season in the NBA.
The Knicks have some very talented players however, the Knicks team lack a head-coach and a NBA coaching-staff.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
OG brought trust and stability, for the first time i am relaxed when the game was close, you feel the team is stable and can come back at any point, we didn't see crazy unnecessary forced attempts. I think our defense rating will be on the rise going forward...
something was different today that allowed Brunson to have 14 dimes, if he was hitting his normal shots we would win by 20.....
Imagine the Defense when Robinson is on the floor with the current players!!!!

we just need a better more confident backup PG.... or Duce needs to get better and much more confident.