Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Oklahoma City Thunder 7:30pm 1/26/2016

Kiyaman

Legend
The post-game conversation is sick .. Since when did Afflalo become a clutch player or scorer in his career .. Afflalo career is more inconsistent than JRsmith ...I trust JR more than Afflalo to take the clutch shot to end the game in regulation.
Last year, Portland was mad as hell for trading for Afflalo on the deadline LMAO

finestrg

Rotation player
Completely disagree. JR Smith is a complete joke. I take AA over JR every day and twice on Sunday. He's twice the player JR is. No comparison imo.

Kiyaman

Legend
Every time I get optimistic... I am reminded we have the worst G collection in NBA. We can't win or achieve anything this year with these 4 guards.
I am at the point I would just start JG and LG... At least I can be delusional, enduring their pathetic play on a nightly basis bc I am hoping it either hopes them grow or proves to us we desperately need to find replacements this summer.

Calderon and Affalo are professionals... They work hard and care... But they are just backups. Relying on them as starters is lunacy.

Fisher LOSS this game on purpose ..
Lopez KP D.Will Lance Gallo Grant should have been our 6 man lineup the final 5 minutes of the game, plus in OT.
Calderon n Afflalo played like sh sh the last 3 games down the stretch

mafra

Legend
Yeah... Affalo started quarter making 3-4 shots (including a 3), then proceeded to miss 6-7 shots (to go with a turnover)... Only bucket came when OKC was on verge of winning... And let him have his layup.

I have to fault Fisher bc he went to ISO, and twice we had lousy offensive possessions coming out of a TO. Draw up a play that involve motion and passing, and make the defense shift and move and capitalize on a mistake... Space... To get an easy shot. I had this nonsense of isolating a guy in a perceived mismatch... Have guy stand and do nada and then twist contort and shoot a low % shot. This is brainfart BBall unless you have Kobe or MJ. And, if you rely on it, you deserve to get mom basted for your lack of creativity.

So... While AA has been one of our better 4th quarter guys this year... He isn't that good you let him get two shots to win game with under 1 minute to play. Share the wealth.

I knew I shouldn't have bothered watching this game... I kept telling myself to check box score afterwards.... It was an obvious L.

Kiyaman

Legend
Completely disagree. JR Smith is a complete joke. I take AA over JR every day and twice on Sunday. He's twice the player JR is. No comparison imo.

Sorry .. without JR antics he is a much better athletic player than Afflalo .. compare their NBA career

mafra

Legend

JR would've been more of a facilitator tonight... At times, he did have games (especially without Melo) where he helped team win in more ways than just trying to score... Penetrate and dish was something he would attempt...

AA is all about scoring. I don't want him shooting 3s... He must be in the 20% range? Low 30s? His only skill is posting guys up... JR was a much better shooter.

I think AA is a grinder and more professional and takes his job more seriously... Plus he is bigger... BUT Jr has twice as much natural talent ... It's just squandered.

AA obviously tried to erase 2 horrible games on his part and tried to be the hero tonight. So, when you go that route... You warrant the criticism. If this was Melo... He would be getting roasted. I don't want AA taking 20 shots. He isn't a good offensive player.

We want him being aggressive but taking his shots within the rhythm of the offenses. He couldn't iso ISH or LIN in the post... I don't want ISO-Affalo. I would prefer KP hook shots from mid court.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
10-36 from the field (3-10 from 3)... This is AA last 3 games.

He better snap out of it soon or we'll be closer to ten under .500 by ASB than we would be above the .500 mark.

Can we bench Calderon?

Kiyaman

Legend
Yeah... Affalo started quarter making 3-4 shots (including a 3), then proceeded to miss 6-7 shots (to go with a turnover)... Only bucket came when OKC was on verge of winning... And let him have his layup.

I have to fault Fisher bc he went to ISO, and twice we had lousy offensive possessions coming out of a TO. Draw up a play that involve motion and passing, and make the defense shift and move and capitalize on a mistake... Space... To get an easy shot. I had this nonsense of isolating a guy in a perceived mismatch... Have guy stand and do nada and then twist contort and shoot a low % shot. This is brainfart BBall unless you have Kobe or MJ. And, if you rely on it, you deserve to get mom basted for your lack of creativity.

So... While AA has been one of our better 4th quarter guys this year... He isn't that good you let him get two shots to win game with under 1 minute to play. Share the wealth.

I knew I shouldn't have bothered watching this game... I kept telling myself to check box score afterwards.... It was an obvious L.

NO Lopez in the middle in the 4th qrt. and in OT .. were Fisher decision of giving OKC bigmen control of the paint to win the game.

jimkcchief88

All Star
NYK radio announcers going ballistic. 104-101 NYK and they claim Porzingis got fouled (no call), then they called an offensive foul on AA (which should've been a foul on Westbrook), then call a foul again in AA (when Westbrook lost ball, even tho there's no foul on AA)...

15-5 run for OKC... Galloway and Grant turnovers... KP with a block but LG misses layup... KO a steal...

But our guards have disappeared. We can't score.

This loss my fault. I was at a parent-teacher Conf... Get in car and we are up 11... We scored 5 points since I've been listening...

Tied at 106

I saw the score was tied at the half and didn't check again hoping I didn't jinx us rats:(

Kiyaman

Legend
The only stats OKC got the better of us were ...
OKC out-rebounded us 59 - 43
plus on offensive-rebounds 16 - 9
The second chance shots from offensive-rebounds are what gave OKC the game.
Fisher not playing Lopez in the 4th qtr. (nor in OT) were the big factor of win or loss

Kiyaman

Legend
Game effort tho no Melo but our Dleague backcourt will always be our undoing go get us a couple guards pjax

The Post Game report were hilarious with all their talk on Afflalo, trying to convince Knicks fans that a career 8th man backup SG Afflalo is a 2nd or 3rd option scorer on a team LMFAO. Im wondering what year did Afflalo become a teams 2nd or 3rd option in scoring? Last year the Denver Nuggets were happy to find a desperate Portland team to trade Afflalo to on the dead line. Afterwards, Portland were mad as hell they made the trade for Afflalo.
Portland PG Lillard tried everything he can to compliment Afflalo style of play to find out Afflalo is inconsistent with bad decision making.

The Knicks played well outscoring plus out-hustling OKC every minute Afflalo were on the bench.
Truth be said, the Knicks played great without Melo poor leadership n demands on the court!
I dont care how well Melo been trying to change his game, he still a poor defender n decision maker.
Plus Melo always take away young PG confidence .. I'm watching him do it to Grant.

Last night, I watch a lineup of PG-Grant SG-Gallo freeze Afflalo out of the offense to feed D.Will n Serafin to take a 11 pt lead over OKC the first 3 minutes of the 4th qtr.. Then coach Fisher takes Grant n Serafin out the game to put in Lance n KP .. leaving Afflalo on the court to play the entire 4th qtr., Afflalo had a 6-21 shooting night plus shot 1-5 from 3s. The only player that should have been taking out and replace with KP were Afflalo the first 3 minutes in the quarter. Lance was still tired from playing the entire 3rd quarter, Lance should have came back into the game the final 5 minute of regulation.

Coach Fisher not paying much attention to OKC out-rebounding us on both sides of the court throughout the game to keep the score close, plus Fisher not noticing how well D.Will perform at SF defending Durant becoming the perfect match-up .. plus OKC always had two big-men in their lineup Adams/Ibaka/Kanta to rebound, screen, and defend the paint.
Something Fisher don't do with our big men other than the starting Towers of Lopez n KP.

Gallo n Grant held down the backcourt guard spots perfectly well with D.Will or Lance at SF spot last night.
Our so call dleague guards (Gallo/Grant) gave Fisher the opportunity to put two big-men Serafin n KP or Lopez n Quinn in a lineup with them, to rebound, screen, n protect the paint from Westbrook driving to the basket.

The last game we WON, Lopez were in the closer lineup.
Everytime Fisher don't give Lopez any playing-time in the 4th qt. it has lead to a Knicks loss this season! What part of the 4th qtr. HELP-DEFENSE-STOPS are coach Fisher teaching our rookie KP?

Having only one big-man (rookie-KP) in the lineup to defend the paint, plus grab defensive rebound, then on offense screen for the guards to get open to score in the final quarter of the game was to much for ex-Knick Tyson Chandler to do by himself, and Dalembert to do by himself .. especially when u have no help from the 4 spot PF to protect the paint for stops or boxing-out for rebounds, or screening for the guards on offense, because our 4 spot players (are natural SF) on the perimeter calling for the ball like a 3 spot SF (Melo n D.Will are not PF), small-ball lineups are for fast running transition players.
Coach Fisher always have our experience veteran big-men (Lopez, Quinn, n Serafin) watching the 4th quarter from the bench. Then after the LOSS, Fisher game speech at post game is always the same ole BULL, "Our defense didn't hold up" !!!
Lopez is our best defensive leader on the court!
O'Quinn is a defensive Big man!
Serafin is a defensive Big man!

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Sorry .. without JR antics he is a much better athletic player than Afflalo .. compare their NBA career

exactly, I don't like either player( I don't hate Aflalo, but I don't like him, I tend to despise JR's antics) but JR smith is a better player than Aflalo, and he is by a decent margin... better ball handler, shooter, athlete, passer and when he wants to, probably a better defender..