• D

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • F

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
Don't be a crackhead Andy Rauntins isn't A f. Anything but a f, please have you ever watched cuse, or the big east. Rauntins aint no lottery pick, but he aint no f, put the pipe down. Great site. I became A knick fan when allan houston and ewing where going at it with Tim hardaway and alonzo mourning. Those where the days. I still watch about 1 or two games a week with sometimes slackin, but Ive always watched a good amount of games on msg stream upstate.

mafra

Legend
Don't really need to be an NBA scout to figure out the obvious.

Rautins and Fielders only had one good season a piece, and that was in their senior year.

Rautins wasn't even a 3pt threat for most of his college career, he was a 32% 3pt shooter FR year and 35% 3pt shooter in his SO year and a 36% 3pt shooter in his JR year. Dude has no play making ability and isn't a scorer, and has a weak body and will never be a defender in the league. This is a NBDLeaguer for years to come.

As for Fields, good scorer on a team with no scorers...guys like him you can find anywhere.

We wasted two 2nd round picks on two non-special guys instead of potential sleepers.

If they make the roster, what sense would it make to give it an A+ when thats such a low standard?

2nd round picks do BLOSSOM into great players, especially in a deep draft like this where 2nd picks are no different than picks 15-30.

The difference with Douglas is that he was ACC defensive player of the year, and he was productive through his entire college career and has a lot of credentials. We haven't had a perimeter defending PG as good as him since Charlie Ward, a fellow seminole.

I agree 100%, Dolan has completely ****ed this franchise just like how the Federal Reserve has ****ed up the world and theres nothing we can do sadly.

I hear that. I would have dealt both 2 rounders and grabbed a 1st; or bought the pick DAL bought (I like D-Jones).

I was hoping for Varnado and Crawford before the draft. That didn't happen.

Still, I thought (when we were on the clock) that we needed a center (Alibi, Jordan or Varnado). We supposedly did obtain Jordan from MIL. So that's good.

I did like Rautins. I think he could be a nice player. You act like he wont improve? He plays defense and can shoot. He could be like a Daniel Gibson type player (which LJ has in CLE). Plus he's a worker and a leader.

SO.... tell me the 2 guys you would have taken. Go on record. We'll find out in a few years how right/wrong you were.

As for Fields, I think that is a terrible pick. But what do I know. I didn;t scout him, work him out, and review tape. Maybe we have a trade in place for Rudy Fernandez, and this Pac-10 guy was the player POR wanted us to pick for them?

Who knows.

All I'm saying is there wasn't much on the board when we picked. Sure, there were players with upside- but nothing that were locks.

Vasquez was gone; Jones was gone; Crawford gone; Brackins gone.

Sure, we could have taken Scheyer & Fields after the draft and used our picks for something else? But who? We got our CENTER in Jordan. Good enough.

Are we that upset b/c we didn't get Varnado or Alibi? Come on.

We do know Rautins is a player who excels at one thing. Sometimes that is better than a risky upside player who is good at many things. We know Rautins can shoot. You need this in D'ant's system.

We got Rautins, Fields, Jordan. We'll see.

metrocard

Legend
I hear that. I would have dealt both 2 rounders and grabbed a 1st; or bought the pick DAL bought (I like D-Jones).

I was hoping for Varnado and Crawford before the draft. That didn't happen.

Still, I thought (when we were on the clock) that we needed a center (Alibi, Jordan or Varnado). We supposedly did obtain Jordan from MIL. So that's good.

I did like Rautins. I think he could be a nice player. You act like he wont improve? He plays defense and can shoot. He could be like a Daniel Gibson type player (which LJ has in CLE). Plus he's a worker and a leader.

SO.... tell me the 2 guys you would have taken. Go on record. We'll find out in a few years how right/wrong you were.

As for Fields, I think that is a terrible pick. But what do I know. I didn;t scout him, work him out, and review tape. Maybe we have a trade in place for Rudy Fernandez, and this Pac-10 guy was the player POR wanted us to pick for them?

Who knows.

All I'm saying is there wasn't much on the board when we picked. Sure, there were players with upside- but nothing that were locks.

Vasquez was gone; Jones was gone; Crawford gone; Brackins gone.

Sure, we could have taken Scheyer & Fields after the draft and used our picks for something else? But who? We got our CENTER in Jordan. Good enough.

Are we that upset b/c we didn't get Varnado or Alibi? Come on.

We do know Rautins is a player who excels at one thing. Sometimes that is better than a risky upside player who is good at many things. We know Rautins can shoot. You need this in D'ant's system.

We got Rautins, Fields, Jordan. We'll see.

I'm normally right with projections and predictions.

I wanted Varnado and Stephenson. Varnado to be our shot blocker and Stephenson just for the fact he's loaded with potential. Low Risk High reward guy.

Rautins is way too weak, slow, and lacks agility to move around and play defense in the NBA, he'll get beat easily. This isn't NCAA. Daniel Gibson is a solid comparison, but thats hoping this kid even makes the roster.

He can improve, just like anyone else. But you gotta accept the facts and realize he's 24 years old with a LOW CEILING. He played 3 horrible seasons at the 'Cuse, and finally came up in his senior year with a wowing 12 points and 4 assist the year after Flynn left Upstate NY.

I don't like this pick, and I can't UNDERSTAND anyone who can.

If we needed a 3pt shooter, we could of signed one to a 10 day contract, theres plenty in the world. Believe that.

I like Fernandez, but I also like Walker, and Walker is younger...I don't know. I been a big fernandez fan, but Walker can give us 15 and 5 and he can shoot the heck out of the ball 50% FG shooter and 40% 3pt shooter....He has defensive potential.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Rautins- F

Fields- F--

Jordan-B

this 2010 plan is looking gloomy we better have a much improved roster or ima kill someone.....Walsh is a ****in idiot, i knew we were screwed once we signed D'Amphony

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
the combination of rautins and gallo will make us the best 3pt shooting teams in the league. Fields can also hit the 3. lebron wants shooters, we gat shooters

UH actually Lebron wants a TEAM that can contend for a championship... EVEN with Lebron, this team can only compete for the 5th seed... shameful... Does the team who took the most 3s in theNBA really need MORE ppl to shoot 3s?

CoolClyde

D is for D'amntoni

last year we picked Jordan Hill, seemingly to fill David Lee's place if we lost him to free agency.
this year we picked Rottens and Mrs. Fields to seemingly fill Duhound and Chandler's place. did Donnie really aggressively participate in this draft to further Knicks pursuit of El BJ, or fall back into 3rd/4th place behind Chicago, Miami and NJ in the who's got more money to spend sweepstakes? Did we get the PG or C we needed, or fill space, just in case?

that being said, getting Jerome Jordan could have been Donnie's saving grace (yet another JJ!), so I can't say this draft is a complete failure.

I rate it a D'

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
Rautins - A
Fields - C
Jordan - B

I agree with this.
I believe that Rautins and Jordon will be in the rotation this year.
Rautins can shoot the ball and Jordon is not an obese center who has an arrest warrant.
Jordon can compete with an Earl Barron for either the starters spot or back up spot (still hoping for an Okafor/Collison trade)
Hopefully we can trade Chandler in order to free up a spot in the Rotation for Fields.
The Knicks drafted 2 players with high basketball IQ, so I say this draft night was a win for the Knicks.

mafra

Legend
I'm normally right with projections and predictions.

I wanted Varnado and Stephenson. Varnado to be our shot blocker and Stephenson just for the fact he's loaded with potential. Low Risk High reward guy.

Rautins is way too weak, slow, and lacks agility to move around and play defense in the NBA, he'll get beat easily. This isn't NCAA. Daniel Gibson is a solid comparison, but thats hoping this kid even makes the roster.

He can improve, just like anyone else. But you gotta accept the facts and realize he's 24 years old with a LOW CEILING. He played 3 horrible seasons at the 'Cuse, and finally came up in his senior year with a wowing 12 points and 4 assist the year after Flynn left Upstate NY.

I don't like this pick, and I can't UNDERSTAND anyone who can.

If we needed a 3pt shooter, we could of signed one to a 10 day contract, theres plenty in the world. Believe that.

I like Fernandez, but I also like Walker, and Walker is younger...I don't know. I been a big fernandez fan, but Walker can give us 15 and 5 and he can shoot the heck out of the ball 50% FG shooter and 40% 3pt shooter....He has defensive potential.

I hear that. Lance is basically a more physical, defensive-minded player than Fields. No sense in drafting Fields over Stephenson. BUT, it wasn't a low risk pick to opt for Lance. He is young, emotional, surrounded by a bunch of hangers-on... Checkered past. Arrested.

Big difference in basketball IQ, compared to the Stanford kid.

Would be nice if we were guaranteed he would mature and realize his potential. BUT, his jumpshot is weak and he's really not that athletic. Just big and strong.

Personally, I would have taken Stephenson and Varnado as well. BUt, since we got Jordan.... I can let it slide (that we passed on Varnado). Remains to be seen on the other pick.

However, being a NYK fan makes me realize one thing: Since we decided to pass on Lance.... That simply ensures that he'll be All-Star in 2 years.

clumsy

Rotation player
Here is where Donnie Walsh f'd up.

See in the 2nd round you generally won't find anything but role players or project players.

Big men are harder to find, so i would have gambled with 2 big men (even tho we got one eventually) in hopes that one of them panned out.......

We got an unathletic, no defense playing, catch and shoot SG with our 1st draft pick........jesus christ, i can't see this guy being the league for more than 3 years. So many red flags too against him for transitional success to the NBA........

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Here is where Donnie Walsh f'd up.

See in the 2nd round you generally won't find anything but role players or project players.

Big men are harder to find, so i would have gambled with 2 big men (even tho we got one eventually) in hopes that one of them panned out.......

We got an unathletic, no defense playing, catch and shoot SG with our 1st draft pick........jesus christ, i can't see this guy being the league for more than 3 years. So many red flags too against him for transitional success to the NBA........

Nicely put!

We don't have a ****ing front court. Before the draft we had 3 SFs, a shooting guard and a PG and Eddy Curry.

How in the ****ing world does adding a shooting guard and another SF make any sense?

We don't have a friggin' PF for ****s sake, and we add 2 of D'Antoni's fairy boy wing players. Gay.

I'm honestly speechless.

Paul1355

All Star
Decent moves.

From what i am seeing most of us wanted a big man and we wanted a guy in the 1st round like Craig Brackens....

The only positive is that Rautins and Fields are offensive minded high IQ players which fit in Mike D's system.

Jerome Jordan, according to John Rothstein, has a motor like Randolph Morris..so let's hope that Rothstein is wrong and Jordan has some upside and that Mike D's system makes him hustle a little bit.

Some posters have said that Jerome Jordan is just a waste of money but most like the move because ateleast we get a big man.

I like the Jordan pick because if Walsh only picked 2 guards then I would have a s*** fit.

I give it a C...

Rautins I like because he is a shooter who can pass a decent level.
Landry fields I have big question marks about.
Jordan I am satisfied with because he is a big man.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
I think it's funny Lance Stephenson went 40th. right after we take 2 dudes, BAM.... There goes BORN READY. Reminded me of Artest. We take Frenchy and then Ron gets taken. Both are like the same player.... Physical players who play defense. Not saying we should have taken LS, but he did have the most upside of anyone on the board. Certainly a better pick than Fields.

This isn't the same thing. Artest was a much better prospect and Weis had knee and back surgery and wasn't a dominate prospect in the French league.

Personally, I am glad we didn't get Stephenson. He is talented, but had a par freshmen year and needed to stay in school.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
So...he was raw, so we shouldn't have picked him?

That's the same mentality that led to us dumping Trevor Ariza and us now looking like a bunch of morons.

Stephenson is raw but he had potential. Rautins has no potential at all and the ONLY thing he can do is chuck 3's - it's not a bad skill, but how often is it players who are ONE DIMENSIONAL with ONE SKILL end up being successful in the NBA? Not much - even the best 3 point shooters have size and speed and/or court vision, things that Rautins doesn't really bring to the table.

Fields actually has higher potential, but...Stephenson has a really high ceiling...

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Andy Rautins- C
Jerome Jordan- D
Landry Fields- F

I personally would have taken
Lance Stephenson
Willie Warren
Solomon Alibi
Gani Lawal

Any combo of the 4. Rautins was projected to go undrafted, we could have waited till then.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
We've got some undrafted kid - Charles Garcia - playing for us in the summer league. Something to look forward to in early July.

He's 6'10", apparently highly athletic, can create for himself and others.

Not really anything about him on youtube except for an enormous dunk and an interview.