If the Knicks do not get Melo

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
If the Knicks don't get Melo by the trade deadline because he ends up either re-signing with Denver or is grabbed by another team; it's not the end of the world. The Knicks could let the expiring contracts come off the books and see who is available this off season like, Parker or a 5 like Dalembert that can pair up with Amare for a decent price... Shane Battier and/or T Prince will be free agents and most likely available.... There are some "nice" players that could be picked up. Or you could try to get a quality player that has a contract that a team might be looking to move; like Andre Iguodala. There are options that the Knicks could choose to go in the direction of that will better this team. But what I hope they DO NOT do is trade the farm for him!

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
If the Knicks don't get Melo by the trade deadline because he ends up either re-signing with Denver or is grabbed by another team; it's not the end of the world. The Knicks could let the expiring contracts come off the books and see who is available this off season like, Parker or a 5 like Dalembert that can pair up with Amare for a decent price... Shane Battier and/or T Prince will be free agents and most likely available.... There are some "nice" players that could be picked up. Or you could try to get a quality player that has a contract that a team might be looking to move; like Andre Iguodala. There are options that the Knicks could choose to go in the direction of that will better this team. But what I hope they DO NOT do is trade the farm for him!

Yes I agree, because he is overrated and not worth it.

He is not a complete enough player for us to give up key prospects like Gallo etc..

Plan A was LeBron

Blan B is Mello/CP3

My Plan C

Draft picks: Buy as many draft picks as we can with our cap room. we need Young talent and lots off it because we are already a good team whit flexibility to get better and the only thing we should be worrieing about is having new young talent coming in. Look at the Spurs. Toney Parkers on his way out but they already have George hill waiting in the wings. Thats what we need, Young talent.

Develop our young guys: Gallinari, Randolph, Mozgov, Chandler, and Douglas.
Those are our 5 best players/prospect who have shown the capability to become NBA Stars/Role Players. Randolph has the ability to be a top 10 player in the NBA. So get him a mentor! Look at Orlando! The second they got Dwight they got Patrick Ewing to mentor him imediatley. We need to get someone like a Charles Oakley or maybe even a Willis Reed to mentor Randolph.

Same with Gallo! Gallo needs motivation1 he could be a Ray allen, discount Larry Bird type of guy but hes to laid back! he needs motivation! have you seen Gallinari 365 on MSG? He sounds like D'Antoni is telling him "Come on! you can be the Leader of this team Gallo!" and hes just all like "Mike say I have to be Leader of team I try. i like Millan!" we need to get someone to pump his laid back ass up and get HIM ready for war! get someone like dare i say a John Starks mentoring this one!

Get a SG: maybe Igudala. Hes a young guy, hes Talented, a pretty fun guy, was on a gold metal team, good locker room precense. All sounds good to me. if we could trade Curry's expiring for himwould we though? because that takes us out of the Mello race? I doubt we will. but maybe, who knows?

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I wouldn't be averse to an Iguodala move. I'd give AR and Curry for him (runs and hides under covers from angry AR fanbitches). That won't get us Melo, but it sounds like enough to get a player of Igs caliber.

Igs a good defender and insanely athletic, a decent shooter and facilator as well.

I would really like to have him and think he'd fit well in the SSOL offense.

Paul1355

All Star
I wouldn't be averse to an Iguodala move. I'd give AR and Curry for him (runs and hides under covers from angry AR fanbitches). That won't get us Melo, but it sounds like enough to get a player of Igs caliber.

Igs a good defender and insanely athletic, a decent shooter and facilator as well.

I would really like to have him and think he'd fit well in the SSOL offense.
hold on bro, you would trade Curry and Anthony Randolph, who has the most potential on this team, for Andre Iguadola and not Melo???

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
hold on bro, you would trade Curry and Anthony Randolph, who has the most potential on this team, for Andre Iguadola and not Melo???

I don't feel AR has the most potential on our team. Personally I think he's a bum! I would love to trade him. I put him in the same category as former Nelly cast-offs like Jamal Crawford, and Al Harrington. To me, he's a flawed bench player. So yes I would trade him for a proven starter like Andre in a heart beat.

And, if I could trade those two guys and get Melo Yellow I certainly would, but that doesn't seem like enough to actually land Melo Yellow in this market. Seems like that deal w Andre involved could work tho.

Last edited:

Oldtimer

Rotation player
AR

I don't feel AR has the most potential on our team. Personally I think he's a bum! I would love to trade him. I put him in the same category as former Nelly cast-offs like Jamal Crawford, and Al Harrington. To me, he's a flawed bench player. So yes I would trade him for a proven starter like Andre in a heart beat.

I am a Gallo fan, but, Ronorania, you overrate his current game. And AR is hardly a bum. He is much too young -- 21-- for such a designation and he has amazing physical tools. There is plenty of room for growth in both of them. Gallo is not yet a star and AR, who is a year younger than Gallo, can not possibly be called a bum yet.

I would like to see Gallo and AR together for a long time. Their skills will complement each others.

I am not interested in Iguodala and his big contract for either one of them.

LJ4ptplay

Starter

I couldn't agree more.

Although, I still want Rudy. I really think he could do some great things as a starter in this system.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

I am a Gallo fan, but, Ronorania, you overrate his current game. And AR is hardly a bum. He is much too young -- 21-- for such a designation and he has amazing physical tools. There is plenty of room for growth in both of them. Gallo is not yet a star and AR, who is a year younger than Gallo, can not possibly be called a bum yet.

I would like to see Gallo and AR together for a long time. Their skills will complement each others.

Maybe I'm overrating Gallo's potential. That remains to be seen. I don't think I'm overrating his game currently.

AR is a guy w enormous potential. I agree w that. But he's shown little understanding of what to do w that potential. Hopefully he'll figure it all out. Something tells me he's got an attitude problem tho and is averse to working hard. I think that's why he and Nellie didn't get along.

If he brings that baggage to NY, he'll be in Dant's doghouse faster than many of you would like to admit.

To me, right now, AR= Nate Robinson. Great talent w low IQ, which leads to plenty of TO's, silly fouls and an assortment of other niggling mental errors that will annoy me game to game.

I'm just sick of these of dumb-ass players. Right now I feel that AR, like Nate is a bench player on a good team. Sorry guys..

Paul1355

All Star

And, if I could trade those two guys and get Melo Yellow I certainly would, but that doesn't seem like enough to actually land Melo Yellow in this market. Seems like that deal w Andre involved could work tho.
I guess we will always disagree on this

Anthony Randolph is 21 years old, of course he doesn't know what to do with his potential yet.
Jamal Crawford, Al Harrington comparisons?
Randolph was a Nellie cast off because Don Nelson is strict towards the way his team plays. I see the similarities with personality with Nelson and Mike D with the ego's but Mike D takes off the handcuffs at least, so Randolph will be on his best behavior.

Nate needed a change of scenery, and now in Boston he is more mature.

Randolph needs NY.

Still Andre Iguadola was a disappointment last year to many Philley fans.
The only positive thing he has shown is his play on team USA but again that is with great players around him and playing low competition.

Yet you would waste Curry's contract and Anthony Randolph, who was the best player we landed in the David Lee trade, for someone who still has to prove he is a consistent starter to lead a team in Andre Iguadola who also has a huge contract.

I don't see the logic.

You assume its a good deal because of the assumption that Randolph eventually will be like Nate, not blossom into a star which almost everyone sees happening except you, and that Randolph is a ....."bum"

Remember what Randolph was told by Mike D and Donnie...."You will be here for many years." Unless Isiah comes around again i don't see your move ever happening.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I guess we will always disagree on this

Anthony Randolph is 21 years old, of course he doesn't know what to do with his potential yet.
Jamal Crawford, Al Harrington comparisons?
Randolph was a Nellie cast off because Don Nelson is strict towards the way his team plays. I see the similarities with personality with Nelson and Mike D with the ego's but Mike D takes off the handcuffs at least, so Randolph will be on his best behavior.

Nate needed a change of scenery, and now in Boston he is more mature.

Randolph needs NY.

Still Andre Iguadola was a disappointment last year to many Philley fans.
The only positive thing he has shown is his play on team USA but again that is with great players around him and playing low competition.

Yet you would waste Curry's contract and Anthony Randolph, who was the best player we landed in the David Lee trade, for someone who still has to prove he is a consistent starter to lead a team in Andre Iguadola who also has a huge contract.

I don't see the logic.

You assume its a good deal because of the assumption that Randolph eventually will be like Nate, not blossom into a star which almost everyone sees happening except you, and that Randolph is a ....."bum"

Remember what Randolph was told by Mike D and Donnie...."You will be here for many years." Unless Isiah comes around again i don't see your move ever happening.

Lol, Idk what to tell you except we have to agree to disagree on AR..

I don't even think he's the best player we got in that trade. To me Azzy is better than him dude.

You guys are all overlooking Azzy. Go on and keep believing AR can be the next KG or Bosh. Fack atta here w that nonsense.

Those two guys have one thing in common over AR, they are smarter and thus able to better digest nuances, which has helped them w work to be fundamentally sound players in this league.

We'll see if AR can learn what he needs to. I'm not gonna delude myself into thinking he can do it.

And on Ig, He's a solid athletic 2 guard that can get you 17 - 19 ppg, 5-6 assists and 5-6 reb, consistently. And he plays defense, and did I mention he's extremely athletic and pretty savvy (you don't average 5-6 assists while keeping your TOs low like he does w/out knowing what you're doing) on the court. AR is erratic as hell.

If you're betting AR can be a hof perrinial all-star type player, lol, then my proposed trade sounds crazy. It seems rational to me because I believe he won't pan out.

Oh and Nelly's system is alot like D'ants. He doesn't handcuff his players on O. He just asks that they don't cause silly TOs and foul players unnecessarily. He asks that you keep a good attitude and don't do dumb sh*t. Is that too much to ask?? D'ant asks the same thing. AR could be a prob.

Last edited:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Someone in here thinks very highly of their own opinions. And then they take their opinions to be fact and say things like "I believe that this young player, that we just acquired, won't pan out...so we should trade him" and "I don't think this young player is the best piece that we received in this trade, so because you don't share my opinion, you're wrong." And I think the best one is from another thread when this same person said something along the lines of "I'm a very good judge of talent and I don't think AR is going to be very good."

Question.

Who the hell are you?

I keep seeing things beginning with "I" and "I think" and "I believe." Who are you and how are you more qualified than the various scouts around the league who happen to disagree with you? What are your conclusions based on? And don't tell me about Randolph not playing much and being in Nellie's dog house because not getting along with a coach and not playing and being a bad player are not mutually exclusive. Randolph has to get smarter on the court...along with every other player drafted in his draft class (Gallo included) so once again, that applies to more than one player; and being young and raw and a bad player are not mutually exclusive. You said before that you believe Randolph has a bad attitude and you don't think he has the willingness to get better on the court...did you arrive at that assumption the same way that I arrived at the assumption that KG is always so angry on the court because some strange person spits in his cereal every morning? Cause I just made that up. I mean...where are your, supposedly in depth, evaluations of players coming from?

If it were just for AR then I would have just let it go like I have been for a while now, but when I see this same person saying that they would rather trade Curry and Randolph for Iguodala as opposed to Melo, I gotta find out how you've come across your vast recesses of "basketball knowledge."

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Someone in here thinks very highly of their own opinions. And then they take their opinions to be fact and say things like "I believe that this young player, that we just acquired, won't pan out...so we should trade him" and "I don't think this young player is the best piece that we received in this trade, so because you don't share my opinion, you're wrong." And I think the best one is from another thread when this same person said something along the lines of "I'm a very good judge of talent and I don't think AR is going to be very good."

Question.

Who the hell are you?

I keep seeing things beginning with "I" and "I think" and "I believe." Who are you and how are you more qualified than the various scouts around the league who happen to disagree with you? What are your conclusions based on? And don't tell me about Randolph not playing much and being in Nellie's dog house because not getting along with a coach and not playing and being a bad player are not mutually exclusive. Randolph has to get smarter on the court...along with every other player drafted in his draft class (Gallo included) so once again, that applies to more than one player; and being young and raw and a bad player are not mutually exclusive. You said before that you believe Randolph has a bad attitude and you don't think he has the willingness to get better on the court...did you arrive at that assumption the same way that I arrived at the assumption that KG is always so angry on the court because some strange person spits in his cereal every morning? Cause I just made that up. I mean...where are your, supposedly in depth, evaluations of players coming from?

If it were just for AR then I would have just let it go like I have been for a while now, but when I see this same person saying that they would rather trade Curry and Randolph for Iguodala as opposed to Melo, I gotta find out how you've come across your vast recesses of "basketball knowledge."

Whatever, nuckles..

I say what I believe on here.. You're very observant. :teeth:

I've been watching basketball for a long time. I'm what you would call a b-ball junkie.. I eat, sleep and breathe basketball. Are you like me..? Idk how many of y'all are really like that. Some of y'all say some really crazy shit sometimes and I just shake my f-ing head and wonder why I'm even on this forum. Arguing w some of you, is like pulling out nose hair.. But I'm a Knickerbocker fan, so I will continue to do battle w the Knickerbocker idiocy on this forum when I encounter it.

If you don't like it I don't a f-ck.

Listen disagree w me if you want. Don't subscribe to my opinion if you want..

I really don't give a f---k.

I'm gonna say what I feel sometimes, or editorialize. Sometimes I'm gonna spit evidenced based sh-t.

If you don't like it idk what to tell to.. Go call your girl or something and beeeeyooootch to her.

This is a place for me to vent about Knick players and say what I think. Isn't that what we're supposed to do here?? Did you forget that?

My opinion on AR is, just that--- MY OPINION!!! It's no better/worse or more valuable/invaluable than anyone else's. Some may value my opinion, others may not. You seem to be in the latter category most times and I respect that.

But don't cry about me having a POV.

That's some lame, feminine sh-t..

And let me ask you something.. Why the f-ck would Denver trade Yellow Melo for just AR and Curry???
Is it conceivable they would do that? The trade is FUBAR.. on Denver's end. It's not possible.

The AR & Curry for Igs move actually seems realistic because Igs is not on Melo's level and they could use the expiring contract. Denver could too, but we'd have to throw in another player or two. Obviously the Knicks are not willing to do that for Melo.

Maybe for somebody like Paul, but not Yellow Melo.

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

Maybe I'm overrating Gallo's potential. That remains to be seen. I don't think I'm overrating his game currently.

I posted this about Gallo back in the day about his current game. I stand by it.

I agree with the above. I would add that he needs be more aggressive in looking for his shot. There were to many stretches last year where he faded. He gave us many glimpses last season of what he could be, but there were holes in his game. Hopefully he's ironing some of those weaknesses out this offseason.

I take the good from what I've seen of Gallo's past/ current undeveloped form and use that as a base for what I think he can do in the future. The future is now tho. Who knows how much he's grown as he's processed all of the experiences he had last season and worked to iron out many of his weaknesses, one being explosiveness. I cannot friggin' wait to see his growth. :gony:

Last edited:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
There's a difference between letting people know what you think and telling people that what you think is correct and what they think is incorrect. That can get a little old after a while when it's coming from some dude on the internet with the same exact credentials you have and that's "I've been watching basketball for a long time and I'm a basketball junkie."

You do understand that those credentials means absolutely nothing, right?

So when I, and others on the forum, see:

To me, right now, AR= Nate Robinson. Great talent w low IQ, which leads to plenty of TO's, silly fouls and an assortment of other niggling mental errors that will annoy me game to game.

I'm just sick of these of dumb-ass players. Right now I feel that AR, like Nate is a bench player on a good team. Sorry guys..

Why are you apologizing for having an opinion? Unless you're inferring that your opinion is fact and everyone else is wrong...

Those two guys have one thing in common over AR, they are smarter and thus able to better digest nuances, which has helped them w work to be fundamentally sound players in this league.

We'll see if AR can learn what he needs to. I'm not gonna delude myself into thinking he can do it.

Aren't you deluding yourself into thinking that he can't do it? Because the dude is 21 and even you admit that he has a ton of potential...you've just spent the last couple of weeks trying to convince us that he won't meet his potential because.....I guess you have a time machine? I dunno

AR is a guy w enormous potential. I agree w that. But he's shown little understanding of what to do w that potential. Hopefully he'll figure it all out. Something tells me he's got an attitude problem tho and is averse to working hard. I think that's why he and Nellie didn't get along.

What told you that? Making a general statement with proper grammar and a robust vocabulary doesn't mean you know what you're talking about. Venting about the Knicks and having a convo based on your opinions is one thing (that's what the OP is doing in his post and also countless others on here) then there's the dude making proclamations and sarcastically apologizing to the people that didn't arrive at the same conclusion that he did, without giving any insight into how he arrived at that conclusion.

What makes your assessment of AR correct and everyone else's wrong? And I'm not just talking about Knicks fans, I'm talking about the Warriors fans and beat writers who were pissed off that AR was leaving, and the various scouts and GMs who seem to disagree with you?

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Listen man I'm confident my opinions. That won't change.

Get off your period and stop beyooootching!!!!

I already said I don't care if you don't like it.

What are you not getting???

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
There's a difference between letting people know what you think and telling people that what you think is correct and what they think is incorrect. That can get a little old after a while when it's coming from some dude on the internet with the same exact credentials you have and that's "I've been watching basketball for a long time and I'm a basketball junkie."

You do understand that those credentials means absolutely nothing, right?

So when I, and others on the forum, see:

Why are you apologizing for having an opinion? Unless you're inferring that your opinion is fact and everyone else is wrong...

Aren't you deluding yourself into thinking that he can't do it? Because the dude is 21 and even you admit that he has a ton of potential...you've just spent the last couple of weeks trying to convince us that he won't meet his potential because.....I guess you have a time machine? I dunno

What told you that? Making a general statement with proper grammar and a robust vocabulary doesn't mean you know what you're talking about. Venting about the Knicks and having a convo based on your opinions is one thing (that's what the OP is doing in his post and also countless others on here) then there's the dude making proclamations and sarcastically apologizing to the people that didn't arrive at the same conclusion that he did, without giving any insight into how he arrived at that conclusion.

What makes your assessment of AR correct and everyone else's wrong? And I'm not just talking about Knicks fans, I'm talking about the Warriors fans and beat writers who were pissed off that AR was leaving, and the various scouts and GMs who seem to disagree with you?

You really are a d-bag hater Nuckles...

But I will explain to you what I've deduced from the AR, Azzy and Turiaf trade for Lee.

I think the fact that G-state shipped AR out w three other players, not by himself, should tell a rational-minded person just exactly how the upper brass along w coach Nelson think of and value him.

This to me means that either they think he won't pan out, or they think he's a malcontent or both, other wise they would have kept him. Is this so far-fetched??So hard to understand/ believe? Seems pretty plausible to me.

This is my opinion. I think I've stated this before. I know I've made other clear, lucid arguments comparing AR to other Nelly cast-offs, blah blah blah. But you don't seem to get it. So I'm having to be redundant.

If you don't like my tone, what can I tell you. This a Knicks forum, not f-ing church service..

Actually I think you're still sore about one of my first posts responding to you back in my Gallo and Randolph may go thread. Did I open up the wound again w my latest assessment of Paul in Metro's 2K11 thread...:teeth:

You sound like a whiny little girl. This my last response to you on this nonsense.