I'm so sick & tired of these clueless MDA haters saying "MDA can never win a ring".

I'm so sick & tired of these clueless MDA haters saying "MDA can never win a ring".

MDA is 1 of 3 coaches that EVER took over for a team that lost 50+ games the previous year; & led that team to a 60+ win season the following year. Thats a sign of a great head coach. Someone who has the ability to turn a franchise around. As he's done here in NY.

We're on the verge of making the playoffs for the 1st time since 04. This will become MDA's 1st offseason, as Knicks head coach; that he's actually had a chance to build around a potential contender.

This man led PHX to 4 consecutive trips to the playoffs. 2 Western Conf Final apperances. 2 seasons of 54+ W's & 2 seasons of 60+ W's. That was during the years of an extremely tough Western Conf too. Sorry, but the East of now will NEVER be as tough as the West of then.

PHX lost to a Dynasty Spurs Franchise 3 times. If not for SA; MDA could have won 3 championships! MDA became the Suns coach back in 03.. The Spurs beat the Knicks back in 99. SA was a DYNASTY way before MDA became coach of PHX. SA was a dynasty, & thats not a knock on PHX or MDA...

Just like you cant consider Riley & Ewing career losers with Ny; you cant consider MDA a career loser because of his time with PHX.

Riley & Ewing could never get past Jordan & the Bulls Dynasty teams of the 90's. Well, MDA & PHX could never get past Duncan & the Spurs dynasty teams. Get over it.

How many rings would NY have won if not for MJ & CHI? Alot more than 0. How quickly you sorry ass MDA haters forget though. Clueless @ it's worse.

If not for the Dynasty Spurs; MDA could have won 3 rings. How some of you clueless fans can "bash" MDA for losing to SA 3 times is beyond me. Do you all not know SA was a dynasty way before MDA arrived in PHX? Or were you just not fans of the NBA back when SA dominated NY in 99?

It's funny how they judge MDA for failures against SA, & "act" as if he were a career loser during the playoffs but REFUSE to mention how MDA eliminated KOBE & the LAKERS during back to back playoff apperances. Dominated LA 4-1 & even had PHX focused to eliminate LA during a game SEVEN!

knickfan2112

Benchwarmer
I agree D'antoni is a good coach and was very successful in phoenix, and is doing the best he can here in NY, but his lack of focus on D is really hurting us.

It doesn't stop with dominating Kobe & the LAL 8-4 during two back to back playoff series (something these MDA harpers REFUSE to talk about), but... They also act like Cuban, Dirk & the Mavs dominated MDA.

Which is far from the truth. PHX & DAL split with eachother 1-1 during the playoffs. MDA & PHX took one series 4-2 & the Mavs took the other series 4-2. During the two playoff series between the Mavs & Suns; they split the games 6-6 & series 1-1. But yet... These sorry ass MDA doubters act as if MDA couldn't compete with the power house West.

They act like MDA cant get NY focused after NY loses a close game, but REFUSE to talk about how MDA had HIS team FOCUSED & won two game 7's. One against LAL & another game 7 against LAC.

You hear them spreading rumors like female gossip how MDA will get NY "swept" during the 1st round, but you'll NEVER see them talk about how MDA swept the Grizz. They also STFU about series W's against LAL (2x), LAC (GM7), DAL (split) & Grizz (Sweep).

Some Knick fans. Pathetic.

CoolClyde

Antoni Sucks D'ck and so do you

Antoni had one of the best, most dominant players in the league in Phoenix, namely A'mare STUDamire, helping him turnaround the Suns. He needs superstars in order to win, he needs players to suit his style of play, and if he doesn't have them, he's a .500 coach. why are you sucking his d'ck? How can you say if it wasn't for the Spurms, Phx would have won? that is lame. The Knicks lost to the Spurms in '99 because Ewing got hurt and did not play. NYK had an awesome team of defenders that got us to the Finals... Ewing, Sprewell, Camby, Houston, C Ward, Childs, Larry Johnson, Kurt Thomas etc.

This coach does not teach TEAM DEFENSE, he has a horrible rapport with his players, he doesn't know how to maximize what he's got, and plays a short rotation; the Knicks are constantly losing in the 4th quarter, not getting stops and have one of the worst records in the league when trailing coming into the 4th quarter. that's all on the coach.

Stop with the could've, would've. you're just getting should upon.

loser_toni.jpg

By rant is just about over... But to the Knick fans who believe in this team under Mike D'Antoni... Take what these losers have to say with a grain of salt.

And yes, your a loser by trying to run a man out of town... The same man thats leading this franchise to the playoffs for the 1st time since 04. Wanna talk about getting swept? Well go back & look @ 04. You MDA haters have yet to give him a fighting chance in hell to have success. Two years of cap hell is the only chance you gave him. He never had to take this job.

The Knicks can never made it out of the East under MDA? Shows how little they really know.

KG, Pierce & Allen are all getting up there in age. This will be their last championship run.

I live in FL. I see how unhappy Howard is in Orlando. He wants out. He's a Laker in 2012.

That leaves the (in no order) Knicks, Bulls & Heat as the only 3 power house teams out of the East.

The Heat will NEVER become the Dynasty Spurs.

The Bulls will NEVER become the Lakers. Tom & Rose aren't that good.

MIKE DANTONI

SHOULD GET DOWN ON BOTH KNEES

AND WRAP HIS MUSTACHE

AROUND STEVE NASH's

))@#)@#@)#)@#)@#@#)

AND THANK HIM FOR COACH OF THE YEAR AWARDS

AND 60 win seasons

BECAUSE UNLESS YOU HAVE A STEVE NASH

AMARE
MARION GOING 20-10
RAJA BELL
BARBOSA
DIAW

with his STYLE

of COACHING

YOU DONT WIN A DAMNED THING

I firmly believe STEVE NASH won 2 MVP awards

because every one recognized he was the only reason DANTONI's schemes worked so WELL.

and youre right

I Am a dantoni hater

I AM THE SPEARHEAD LEADER OF THE MOVEMENT TO GET THIS IDIOT OUT OF NEW YORK AND REPLACE HIM WITH SOME ONE WHO REPRESENTS WHAT WE ARE ABOUT

ACOUNTABILITY
HARD WORK
DEFENSE
SMASHMOUTH BASKETBALL
RESPONSIBLITY
TEAM WORK
AND WINNING.

GOING 0-5 TO TERRIBLE TEAMS

is the opposite.

MIKE DANTONI

SUCKSS

GO BACK to EUROPE AND RUN AND GUN THERE.

THIS IS NEW YORK IDIOT

So... MDA needs "great" players to win?

How many rings did Jackson win without Jordan & Pippen in CHI? 0.

How many rings did Jackson win with Shaq & Kobe or Kobe & Gasol in LA? 0.

Please... Other than maybe the recent piston teams... Name me 3 teams over the past 25 years thats won a Championship without at least 1 superstar & 1 big time star. Good luck. It aint happening.

You aren't winning a championship without great players. Not MDA... Not anyone. But only a great coach can turn losers into winners. MDA is only 1 of 3 coaches in NBA history that took over a 50+ loss team & turned them into a 60+ win team the following season; sign of a great coach. Amare was ONLY a 2nd year player that year too. Sorry, but MDA made Amare the type of offensive beast he is today.

& give me a break about Ewing. I've watched the Knicks since 91-92. Ewing was old, beat up & breaking down in 99 guy. You must have just started watching in 99 because old man Ewing or no Ewing... NY was getting DOMINATED by SA regardless.

TheNYdude

Rookie
Here is my issue with D'Antoni, he is what is wrong with modern NBA... no defense. I am sure most of us were or are athletes (at least I hope) on this forum, so to watch a professional coach completely disregard the most important aspect of any sport is almost disrespectful.

Look at from this standpoint, would you want your children to look to his style as the way to really play basketball? Only coach/focus one side of the game? Personally for me I have to tell my kids to only watch how he manages the offensive side of the ball, and explain to them why I always am yelling at that TV about getting 120 points scored on us.

Defense wins championships period. Cliche I know but its true. We will never, mark my words, never win a championship if we continue to neglect how to stop the opposing team. I dont care who we bring into the system as FA or via draft, if only 2 guys focus on defense, and the rest are remain lost and disorganized as we are now, we will continue to lose. His brilliant offensive mind will get us into the playoffs every year, but will never win whole thing.

Im not saying we should fire him, In fact, I like the man he seems like a decent guy....Im saying he needs to either go back to the drawing boards or hire an assistant coach (ala defensive cordinator) or these miserable 4th qtr loses will continue.

Its not a coincidence he came close but never won.

@ CoolClyde... Wanna talk about MDA needed "great players"? Well, how many great players did Riley need in LA to win rings? lmao. Clueless once again.

@Harper... Wrong about MDA "needing Nash". Nash needed MDA & Amare. How is Nash doing these days? Exactly. Fell off.

Many people said Amare was only Amare because of Nash. This year proved ALL YOU GUYS such as Harper wrong as wrong could be.

MDA knows the PG position & doesn't need a HOF PG to score the most points in the league. The Knicks rank #2 in PPG this year under MDA & guess what? Raymond Felton is NOT an elite PG. MDA was voted as the greatest Italian PG of All-Time back in 1990 after leading his teams to championship after championship.

Anyone who says MDA "needed Nash"... Just goes to show how little they really know about MDA or basketball in general. For the people who thought Amare was only Amare because of Nash... You all are the SAME people saying MDA is only MDA because of Nash. Clueless hatred.

So... MDA needs "great" players to win?

How many rings did Jackson win without Jordan & Pippen in CHI? 0.

How many rings did Jackson win with Shaq & Kobe or Kobe & Gasol in LA? 0.

Please... Other than maybe the recent piston teams... Name me 3 teams over the past 25 years thats won a Championship without at least 1 superstar & 1 big time star. Good luck. It aint happening.

You aren't winning a championship without great players. Not MDA... Not anyone. But only a great coach can turn losers into winners. MDA is only 1 of 3 coaches in NBA history that took over a 50+ loss team & turned them into a 60+ win team the following season; sign of a great coach. Amare was ONLY a 2nd year player that year too. Sorry, but MDA made Amare the type of offensive beast he is today.

& give me a break about Ewing. I've watched the Knicks since 91-92. Ewing was old, beat up & breaking down in 99 guy. You must have just started watching in 99 because old man Ewing or no Ewing... NY was getting DOMINATED by SA regardless.

I have watch the knicks since maurice cheeks and johnny newman fool

and up until we hired don nelson our staple was defense, and defensive coaches.

This man Mike Dantoni I have said in other threads CAN COACH

I just dont like him in NEW YORK

I dont like his presence, his erratic behavior on the sideline, the act gets old

He has worn out his welcome, and if donnie walsh wasnt the GM (BTW i love DONNIE WALSH) but because Walsh committed to him, any other GM would of fired this guy already.

Red

TYPE-A
MDA is 1 of 3 coaches that EVER took over for a team that lost 50+ games the previous year; & led that team to a 60+ win season the following year. Thats a sign of a great head coach. Someone who has the ability to turn a franchise around. As he's done here in NY.

We're on the verge of making the playoffs for the 1st time since 04. This will become MDA's 1st offseason, as Knicks head coach; that he's actually had a chance to build around a potential contender.

This man led PHX to 4 consecutive trips to the playoffs. 2 Western Conf Final apperances. 2 seasons of 54+ W's & 2 seasons of 60+ W's. That was during the years of an extremely tough Western Conf too. Sorry, but the East of now will NEVER be as tough as the West of then.

PHX lost to a Dynasty Spurs Franchise 3 times. If not for SA; MDA could have won 3 championships! MDA became the Suns coach back in 03.. The Spurs beat the Knicks back in 99. SA was a DYNASTY way before MDA became coach of PHX. SA was a dynasty, & thats not a knock on PHX or MDA...

YAWN......:whack:

MDA IS 26-25 IN THE PLAYOFFS. Big deal.
MDA HAS NEVER COACHED A 20-10 TRUE CENTER
MDA HAS NEVER COACHED A TOP 10 DEFENSIVE TEAM
MDA HAS A REP OF LACKING DEFENSIVE INFLUENCE
MDA THINKS HE CAN WIN BY OUTSCORING THE OPPONENT, BUT HAS NEVER WON A CHIP
MDA COACHED A 60 WIN TEAM, TWICE, AND COULDN'T WIN
AND THEN GOT RELEASED,

AFTER HIS BOSS WANTED HIM TO EMPLOR A DEFENSIVE ASSISTANT.

MDA currently is the coach of basically a .500 team, who no one projects will go far, and are among the worst in defense.

DOES THAT SURPRISE YOU?

Here is my issue with D'Antoni, he is what is wrong with modern NBA... no defense. I am sure most of us were or are athletes (at least I hope) on this forum, so to watch a professional coach completely disregard the most important aspect of any sport is almost disrespectful.

Look at from this standpoint, would you want your children to look to his style as the way to really play basketball? Only coach/focus one side of the game? Personally for me I have to tell my kids to only watch how he manages the offensive side of the ball, and explain to them why I always am yelling at that TV about getting 120 points scored on us.

Defense wins championships period. Cliche I know but its true. We will never, mark my words, never win a championship if we continue to neglect how to stop the opposing team. I dont care who we bring into the system as FA or via draft, if only 2 guys focus on defense, and the rest are remain lost and disorganized as we are now, we will continue to lose. His brilliant offensive mind will get us into the playoffs every year, but will never win whole thing.

Im not saying we should fire him, In fact, I like the man he seems like a decent guy....Im saying he needs to either go back to the drawing boards or hire an assistant coach (ala defensive cordinator) or these miserable 4th qtr loses will continue.

Its not a coincidence he came close but never won.
Green Rep.

Well said man

26-25? You missed the point smart guy once again... You just proved my point.

12 of those 25 loses were against the DYNASTY SPURS lmao.

Went 22-13 against the Lakers, Mavs, Clippers & Grizz & won 5 of 6 series against those teams. Once again... A cluess MDA hater proves my point with clueless MDA hatred lol.

Well, guess what? I have news for you... There are NO SA Spurs Dynastys here in the EAST.

The Knicks haven't made the playoffs since 04 where they got swept. When was the last time the Knicks won a playoff game? After two full years of cap hell that MDA was STUCK with because of Thomas + a mid-season trade that DEPLETED his offseason team & you all have threw him under the bus before he's had a chance to compete during a playoff series.

How clueless but yet so pathetic.

TheNYdude

Rookie
When a team like the Celtics, Lakers, Spurs have a bad offensive night, their defense can still pull out a win (ie 82-76).

When our team has a bad offensive night, we have no chance. We will go on a 15-2 run in the third quarter than get killed in the 4th.

Thats like going to war with a sword but no shield.

During the spurs "dynasty" years as you call it, the Phoenix Suns had a big F'n sword... but Spurs had a shield.

Think about it...

Since everyone loves to harp all over MDA for his teams losing to the Dynasty Spurs during the playoffs...

Please explain how MDA went 22-13 against the Lakers, Lakers, Clippers, Grizz, Mavs & Mavs / winning 5 of those 6 playoff series...

How does a team win 5 of those 6 series in an extremely tough Westen Conf without playing defense or being a GOOD coach?

I'll be waiting for your pathetic excuses;

PS: Don't even THINK about trying to credit the "players" for the wins either, because that would mean that the PLAYERS were also responsible for ALL his loses. Two can play this game.

Red

TYPE-A
Since everyone loves to harp all over MDA for his teams losing to the Dynasty Spurs during the playoffs...

Please explain how MDA went 22-13 against the Lakers, Lakers, Clippers, Grizz, Mavs & Mavs / winning 5 of those 6 playoff series...

How does a team win 5 of those 6 series in an extremely tough Westen Conf without playing defense or being a GOOD coach?

I'll be waiting for your pathetic excuses;

PS: Don't even THINK about trying to credit the "players" for the wins either, because that would mean that the PLAYERS were also responsible for ALL his loses. Two can play this game.

Ok right after you explain to us how...

George Bush got re-elected...

Lenny Wilkens had the all time wins as a coach...

Ewing missed a finger role...

Reggie scored 6...

Tino hit a Grand Slam after a questionable call...

Arizona brought in the Chinese dude for a 2nd straight game...

Did we make it to the moon...

The magic bullet theory works....

We lost president Kennedy's brain...

:boohoo:

Blah blah blah...

Repeated:

ADMIT IT... YOU ONLY LIKE MDA BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW OF A BETTER COACH AVAILABLE. IT's OK.:whack:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
When a team like the Celtics, Lakers, Spurs have a bad offensive night, their defense can still pull out a win (ie 82-76).

When our team has a bad offensive night, we have no chance. We will go on a 15-2 run in the third quarter than get killed in the 4th.

Thats like going to war with a sword but no shield.

During the spurs "dynasty" years as you call it, the Phoenix Suns had a big F'n sword... but Spurs had a shield.

Think about it...

This has been my issue with MDA since he got here. Like I said in another thread...I'm not saying he can't coach defense, but the fact that we don't play good defense, and haven't since he arrived...is the reason why I'm done with him.

Straight to the point, no double talk about dynasty Spurs and all of that shit...my New York Knicks don't play consistent defense, they don't show the fundamentals out there, and based on the way the players go about their jobs..there is no accountability out there.

All of that being said, we have one of two situations here....MDA either isn't coaching D and holding people accountable, or he is coaching D and getting after the players and they just aren't listening. Either way, he needs a fresh start. He's had 2 and a half years, with several different players, to show that he could teach the fundamentals of D and motivate the players to go out there and compete on that end...it didn't happen more than it did.

Players change teams all the time and we see them buy into the system run by the team. Nate Robinson goes to the Cs and suddenly he's not the little firecracker running around putting on a show for the fans, he's the back up PG to Rondo (until he got moved with Perk.) We see Richard Jefferson go to the Spurs and suddenly he has to give some effort on D and acquire a corner 3...it took some time, but he got it done. Ron Artest goes to the Lake Show, and even though he's still that crazy mother ****er from Queens, he checks all of his bullshit at the door and he goes and gives them some toughness and a defensive presence, and when Phil says he needs to stop shooting 3s so much, or get more aggressively on offense...it happens.

But when the Knicks gain players (under MDA) they look lack luster and lazy on defense. They're either not being reprimanded for their actions (or lack thereof,) or they're not listening to the coach. The coach needs to go then...if he can't pull any sort of respect in the locker room, even with all of his accolades, victories, 60 win season, "almost rings," and anything else folks around here can think of...one thing rings true and I'll repeat it again....

Mike D'Antoni is either not teaching, preaching, and implementing tactical defensive strategies, or he is...and the players aren't listening to him. Either way, it's a problem that points to the coach and his staff.

Why?

-Turned PHX around from a 50 L TM to a 60 W TM the next yr.

-Led PHX to 4 consecutive playoffs in "5" yrs with 2 yrs of 54+ W's / 2 yrs of 60+ W's.

-Led PHX to 2 Conf Finals inside an extremely tough Western Conf.

-22-13 playoff record & won 5 of 6 series against the LAL, LAL, DAL, DAL, Grizz & LAC with 2 game 7 W's over LAL & LAC.

-Took this job knowing NY would be stuck in cap hell for 2 yrs (Thomas).

-Leading NY to the playoffs for the 1st time since 04 during his 1st "chance" to have success in NY.

-Entered the yr with 4 of 5 Starters who weren't with NY last year. Gallo was our only returning starter. Fields is a rook, Mozgov was a rook only averaging 2 & 3 per. Felton was an above average PG from a bad CHA TM & Amare was our ONLY proven NBA talent.

-MDA is working with 5 starters who weren't here last yr. 1 is a rookie. 3 have been here for 14 or fewer games. 1 is the worst starting C' in the entire NBA.

-MDA deserves & EARNED his CHANCE to IMPROVE-THIS-TEAM during the OFFSEASON.

Etc-Etc