Knicks @ Magic - Tuesday, March 1st

skisloper

Starter
Philly Lost......I am not optimistic about moving from the 6th seed...We may even end of the 7th seed...

The goal is to find chemistry , play defense as a team and get Amare and Melo in a flow.....

We just want to be at our best for the playoffs....remember how long it took for the Heat...

I am away and kept up to the game on the internet.....

Was there any chemistry tonight on offense with Melo and Amare ?

I'm not gonna blast the Knicks for the loss because it's all a learning experience heading into the playoffs. After losing three starters and replacing them with two starters there will be a learning curve. Good night Knick fans, but with the way our defense played during the 4th we deserved to lose this game. I'm not gonna get too down about this game because it's great to have the Knicks in contention again. It's been too long.

TakMan

Rotation player
Threw it away in the 4th. At times played some pretty stuff but just seemed to lax the defence at the worst possible point. Think what mainly lost it for the Knicks was lack of depth. The Magic had Anderson and Nelson running riot while the Knicks relied on Douglas and Walker to maintain the momentum established by the main 3 starters. But I'm sure Brewer wouldn't perform better than those two.....Bollocks.

Crazy how the bench loses the game for us when Dantoni finally starts opening the rotation, I starting to think we should have kept Gallo and shipped Fields,Gallo gets to the line 6 times a game and is a better playmaker/finisher than Fields. I love this kid but he has to step up!:alert:

bertdub

Rookie
I'm not gonna blast the Knicks for the loss because it's all a learning experience heading into the playoffs. After losing three starters and replacing them with two starters there will be a learning curve. Good night Knick fans, but with the way our defense played during the 4th we deserved to lose this game. I'm not gonna get too down about this game because it's great to have the Knicks in contention again. It's been too long.

totally agree. important part is knicks are getting competitive again and trying to earn respect and erase the embarrassing stigma caused by that "person-who-is-friends-with-dolan-who-shouldnt-be named". lols.
:gony:

STAT1

Starter
Crazy how the bench loses the game for us when Dantoni finally starts opening the rotation, I starting to think we should have kept Gallo and shipped Fields,Gallo gets to the line 6 times a game and is a better playmaker/finisher than Fields. I love this kid but he has to step up!:alert:

Gallo's contract situation played a part he was looking at a pretty lucrative extension after next season & the Knicks wouldn't have been able to pay him the money he'd be looking for while still being able to have a shot at targetting any of the other bigname FA's that summer. Landry will never be the scorer that Gallo can be but he does other things on the floor that Gallo doesn't as well. He's already a better rebounder even at several inches shorter, & he doesn't need the ball to be effective. Probably won't cost nearly as much to retain after next year as Gallo will either. Would have loved to have been able to keep both those guys but to get guys like Melo & Billups you gotta expect to give up quality talent.

If Fields, Douglas and Shawne Williams didn't brick on so many of those looks we would've won.. Yeah the defense got alittle poor down the stretch, but we would've score enough to overcome that. Meh still a learning experience tho. So I'm not gonna take it as hard as I usually would.

What has been up with Melo lately he has been shooting really badly even let that bum Q get into him. I was expecting him to go clutch mode when we got back the lead but he never came not one FG down the stretch and just 2FTA .

Also whats the need for 30 3pA?:alert::barf: Crazy given we traded away better shooters from the 3. What happen to Shawne Williams' stroke he hit no 3's today neither did Walker or Douglas we need more bench produtcion MAN DAMN

Gallo's contract situation played a part he was looking at a pretty lucrative extension after next season & the Knicks wouldn't have been able to pay him the money he'd be looking for while still being able to have a shot at targetting any of the other bigname FA's that summer. Landry will never be the scorer that Gallo can be but he does other things on the floor that Gallo doesn't as well. He's already a better rebounder even at several inches shorter, & he doesn't need the ball to be effective. Probably won't cost nearly as much to retain after next year as Gallo will either. Would have loved to have been able to keep both those guys but to get guys like Melo & Billups you gotta expect to give up quality talent.
I wish we had a player like Courtney Lee or Matt Bonner that can knock down threes when he's open,i mean we have Billups but when he's on the bench we don't have anyone that can knock down threes.

skisloper

Starter

I think Gallo will be a star but his contract did not fit into the scheme of things....However we could have played him at the 2 this season and next and see where we went...

Fields has had a great rookie year....He is probably a bit overwhelmed playing with 3 superstars.....I am sure this guy last year never in a million years ever thought he would be part of a starting line-up with Amare, Billups and Melo...

Just be patient he will step up....he is pressing himself too much and just needs to chill out....

skisloper

Starter
What has been up with Melo lately he has been shooting really badly even let that bum Q get into him. I was expecting him to go clutch mode when we got back the lead but he never came not one FG down the stretch and just 2FTA .

Also whats the need for 30 3pA?:alert::barf: Crazy given we traded away better shooters from the 3. What happen to Shawne Williams' stroke he hit no 3's today neither did Walker or Douglas we need more bench produtcion MAN DAMN

Q's best aspect is getting into players heads.....
as for Melo...dude chill out.....
whats up with Melo lately ? its 3 games....holy sh_t chillout

I think Gallo will be a star but his contract did not fit into the scheme of things....However we could have played him at the 2 this season and next and see where we went...

Fields has had a great rookie year....He is probably a bit overwhelmed playing with 3 superstars.....I am sure this guy last year never in a million years ever thought he would be part of a starting line-up with Amare, Billups and Melo...

Just be patient he will step up....he is pressing himself too much and just needs to chill out....

He's missing wide spanking open shots:barf:, he has been for the last 5 games:alert:. We need someone who can hit open 3's not brick and airball:barf:. Crazy if Fields,TD,Williams,Walker hit 1 3 each we win by 6 :alert:

Q's best aspect is getting into players heads.....
as for Melo...dude chill out.....
whats up with Melo lately ? its 3 games....holy sh_t chillout

Before the trade he average 31.6 ppg shooting over 42%:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Right now he's been below 38%:barf: so I guess something is wrong

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
Anyone else worried about billups? He didn't look good. I'm thinking 7-10 days... We might drop out of the 6 seed. I rather play chi town then Miami or Boston.

mafra

Legend
85 points from our Big-3 and we lose by 6. Ugly. Landry Fields is a nice player but the dude should not be playing 40 minutes a night. SG is the one position you need some offense from. The other 4 spots you can get away with other skills...

But, you can't play a SG that much just b/c he rebounds. You want boards then go big.

Nba ntwk guy basically laughing at Dantoni for his decisions in the 4th. Leaving Fields in there taking up space, leaving Billups on Nelson. Back in Det days, stuckey would guard Nelson. How come Dantoni just sat there and stuck with that.

And Douglas fires a 3 the moment he enters the game? Most coaches would be upset with that. Not our coach. All he wants is shooting 3s.

Tonight proves we need a backup PG. We need a real bench scorer. We need a C.

1-3 road trip jist proves that we are nothing more than an exciting team. Fun to watch but will go nowhere come may. We might win 1 series, and that will happen only if we shoot lights out from 3 for a week.

85 points from our Big-3 and we lose by 6. Ugly. Landry Fields is a nice player but the dude should not be playing 40 minutes a night. SG is the one position you need some offense from. The other 4 spots you can get away with other skills...

But, you can't play a SG that much just b/c he rebounds. You want boards then go big.

Nba ntwk guy basically laughing at Dantoni for his decisions in the 4th. Leaving Fields in there taking up space, leaving Billups on Nelson. Back in Det days, stuckey would guard Nelson. How come Dantoni just sat there and stuck with that.

And Douglas fires a 3 the moment he enters the game? Most coaches would be upset with that. Not our coach. All he wants is shooting 3s.

Tonight proves we need a backup PG. We need a real bench scorer. We need a C.

1-3 road trip jist proves that we are nothing more than an exciting team. Fun to watch but will go nowhere come may. We might win 1 series, and that will happen only if we shoot lights out from 3 for a week.

No need for a scorer we need a big man and bad not jus for rebounds but to be able to play other C's straight up so we can top doubling. There was none to put in the whole bench struggled, this lost is on the players Mike D did a great job with the rotation and Offensive sets, the players just kept missing brick after brick:barf: