Knicks Summer League 2015

mafra

Legend
If Riley likes him that's saying something. He may be the Knicks starting PG if Calderon has a disappointing camp. Can't happen soon enough for me that he takes over for Calderon, I never saw Calderon do this.

Ron Harper 2.0!

mafra

Legend
Porzingis appeared in all 50 ACB and Eurocup games, averaging 11 points, 4.6 rebounds and 21.4 minutes. He made friends and fans of the Americans — Roth, Watts and Byars.

Having worked with a young Pau Gasol and Andrea Bargnani, among other European big men, Roth said he knew the difference between a star prospect and a pretender.

“Kris is a tough kid with passion, a worker, and he’s not going to back down from anyone,” Roth said. “He’s going to get knocked around a bit the first couple of years, but by the time he’s 23, you could have a monster.”

Watts recalled a preseason game against Valencia, one of Spain’s better teams, in which Porzingis had dominating stretches on the offensive and defensive ends, including a flurry of blocked shots.

Watts, a 6-8 forward, said: “I’ve been in Europe a long time and never had my shot blocked that many times in practice. I mean, he’s got that length.”

When contacted by N.B.A. teams looking for red flags on Porzingis, Byars told them there were none he could see, except Porzingis’s need to fill out.

“I don’t want to go on the record predicting the Hall of Fame, but he’s as seasoned and mature as any 19-year-old in Europe I’ve been around,” Byars said. “He’s thin, but it’s a strong thin frame.”

He added, “Kris has endless potential given the right situation, the right opportunity.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/08/s...ngis-ready-for-knicks.html?smid=tw-share&_r=1

No less than 6 guys on the Summer League roster who could be a part of our immediate future. This should be a fun week, especially if Porzingis is good to go. PJ has created a potential youth movement within our organization we have not had in a very long time. Now, we just need to have some good luck and hope at least some of these guys are the real deal.

Paul1355

All Star
I expect all of those guys except wear to make the roster or atleast signed to our d league team.

What's the word on Cole Aldrich? I think he was a good fit as a backup center...at the very least a 3rd string Center.

Porzingis did practice and expects to play summer league per reports.

He is just not going 100% in practice which is just to be cautious.

tiger0330

Legend
I expect all of those guys except wear to make the roster or atleast signed to our d league team.

What's the word on Cole Aldrich? I think he was a good fit as a backup center...at the very least a 3rd string Center.

Porzingis did practice and expects to play summer league per reports.

He is just not going 100% in practice which is just to be cautious.
I was thinking the same about Aldrich esp since Smith signed with the Magic. Not a word about him, not even as one of the guys the Knicks wanted to bring back for continuity. He's worth 2-3M with the market for bigs what it is, cap space shouldn't be a problem either with us having his early bird rights.

Kiyaman

Legend
What do u guys think about making a trade for Rubio?
I watched Lakers vs Minny yesterday .. n 2nd season PG Lavine stepped up his skills to take Rubio starting spot next season.
Towns looking good working hard on his B.ball IQ
The Lakers Russell looked like what i expected a 2 to 4 year project at PG in the western conference.

Less than an hour to the start of our first summer league game. Probably the most interesting game a team wearing the Knicks jerseys will have played since the first month of the last regular season. Really hoping to get a good look at Porzingis, Grant, Early, and Ante.

Broadway

All Star
Really interested to see if Grant can give us confidence he'll be day 1 starter for this team. We need this to happen almost more than anything of major import

This group of Porzingis, Grant, Early, Galloway, and Wear looking awesome in the opening minutes getting out to a 13 - 2 lead, but it's probably worth mentioning that the Spurs summer league squad appears to super stink.

As good as our first 5 guys looked, our next 5 looked pretty terrible. In just a short sample, Ante still looks out of control on the court entirely relying on his impressive physical skills to do anything out there. If it comes to Wear or Ante, Wear is the more useful basketball player I'm guessing right now.

Kyle O'Quinn describes himself in an interview during this summer league game's first half as a pass first big man who does the things that his teammates don't want to do. Very good attitude.

Broadway

All Star
Kyle O'Quinn describes himself in an interview during this summer league game's first half as a pass first big man who does the things that his teammates don't want to do. Very good attitude.

He sounds like Bernard Hopkins....He's a limited talent but we'll appreciate the hard work he'll provide.

Broadway

All Star
Really pleased with Travis Wear...he deserves a real shot to play this yr. I mean a real shot, none of that crap Fisher pulled with him last yr. He appears to really get what we're doing and always looked like he did day 1 on the job.

Broadway

All Star
Galloway has been so terrible in transition, he won't give the ball up quicker. #kproze has to be better defensively around the basket.