Knicks will sign Tyson Chandler, use amnesty on Billups

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Yo!

Is it me or did n!ggas forget?

Did you forget that Amare at a time single handedly carried multiple franchises?

Broke P. Ewings record for most 30pt games.

HE WAS BEASTING! Short of being a top defensive presence, Amare was a candidate for MVP! MVP hello!?

Without Garnett, Amare is the BEST PF in the East. The Best
Melo the 2nd best SF, top scorer.

Amare had heart... did you forget? Those homo's who passed up because they couldn't stand the heat in NY.

Those special types that show up in the playoffs...

Chandler is not of that ilk! Yes I Red clammored for a big, a rebounding compliment to Stat & Melo, not a Chandler who is limited and streaky while we sacrifice the new face of our franchise.

Amare is the best PF, Chandler can be replaced. Why would we do that knowing Stat can take the heat and son Bosh while at it?

No. Absolutely not. We are this close. We could hang with any team in the east healthy as is... all we need is a player(s) to get us over the top. If Amare was old, breaking down, etc... I can see it, but because of a minor back injury as if Chandler isn't injury prone...?

No thanks.

Please convince me otherwise. Because Melo can be Dirk, and just add chandler and we become the Mavs? Nope.

So why the shift in loyalty as if there are no options?

WTF are you talking about? Bringing on Tyson does not make us lose Amare! The only way Amare gets traded is to get Cp3...

Further, you have spent the greater part of 3 years crying for size, defense and rebounding and no one fits the bill better than Tyson except D12. Schizophrenic much?

Holy shit this is crazy!!!! We need to get Chandler here ASAP, I really hope it's a sign and trade though so we can save our amnesty. And **ck trading STAT, There is no way NO is going to want Amare they want to go young. Did people forget how beast Amare was in this season and in Gm1?? STAT and Chandler would be unreal. If we get Chandler then we should definitely try to get Davis here cheap.

Davis
Hill-Fields-Shumpert
Melo
STAT
Chandler

Just the thought of it is crazy. :peace:

Last edited:

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
WTF are you talking about? Bringing on Tyson does not make us lose Amare! The only way Amare gets traded is to get Cp3...

Further, you have spent the greater part of 3 years crying for size, defense and rebounding and no one fits the bill better than Tyson except D12. Schizophrenic much?

SIZE would equal having MULTIPLE bigs. Chicago doesn't just have Joakim Noah, he's protecting Boozer from foul trouble, allowing him to be more focused on the offensive end and defend weakside (or defend weaker post players). Same with Chandler. Chandler is useless if u dont have a scoring power forward to help out. Just like having Odom and Kobe on the same team was meaningless but adding Pau made them unreal, I want Stat WITH Chandler (6 extra fouls, long arms, toughness, positivity, blah blah blah) and Melo (great In-and-out game, capacity to be better off the ball and on D).

Red

TYPE-A

I thought it was get rid of Amare, get Chandler...no?

Yes n!gga size and defense is what makes the difference especially in the playoffs. But I read how dudes were gun-ho to jettison Stat, was I wrong?

Anyway, yes we need a big, but no way will I support trading Amare who is the best at his position in the East and within your man MOA's system for a Chandler who is a compliment player not a star.

There you go spinnin.....

smokes

Huge Member

Yes n!gga size and defense is what makes the difference especially in the playoffs. But I read how dudes were gun-ho to jettison Stat, was I wrong?

Anyway, yes we need a big, but no way will I support trading Amare who is the best at his position in the East and within your man MOA's system for a Chandler who is a compliment player not a star.

No its amnestying/S&T'ing Billups to get Chandler.

Chandler/Amare/Melo would be our 3.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
SIZE would equal having MULTIPLE bigs. Chicago doesn't just have Joakim Noah, he's protecting Boozer from foul trouble, allowing him to be more focused on the offensive end and defend weakside (or defend weaker post players). Same with Chandler. Chandler is useless if u dont have a scoring power forward to help out. Just like having Odom and Kobe on the same team was meaningless but adding Pau made them unreal, I want Stat WITH Chandler (6 extra fouls, long arms, toughness, positivity, blah blah blah) and Melo (great In-and-out game, capacity to be better off the ball and on D).

That is a different point and one I agree only partially with. First, my post to Red was correcting his assertion that acquiring Tyson means Amare is gone. That's just false.

Second, to your point...Melo plays post up better than Amre ever did and would command the same type of attention a scoring PF in the paint does. Further, CP3's addition would lead to CP3 breaking down the defense leading to no shortage of lobs for Tyson to grab. In addition, you are totally discounting that Tyson brings rebounding, defense and the ability to run the floor even if Amare were to be gone.

I am all for getting Tyson and love that we are either left with the best frontcourt in the league or a dynamite trio in CP3, Melo and Tyson. It's win/win in my book!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

Spinning? No, spinning is claiming MDA is my man. I won't accuse you of spinning...your guilt lies in your obvious ignorance and inability to read a thread...

Allow me to break it down for you:

Move #1: Amnesty or S&T Tyson for Billups to acquire Tyson. (nothing to do with STAT)

Move #2: Either:

a) keep STAT and run with the best frontcourt

b) trade STAT for CP3

Get it now? :barf:

smokes

Huge Member
I don't think CP3/Melo/Tyson brings nearly as much as Melo/Amare/Tyson I'll reiterate it here, you can easily get a servicable PG for the MLE you cannot easily get a scoring PF for the MLE.

Look at Chicago they gave Boozer close to a max just because he's a 20+ ppg big guy if we give up Amare it would totally defeat the object of getting a legit defensive C to add to this lineup.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I don't think CP3/Melo/Tyson brings nearly as much as Melo/Amare/Tyson I'll reiterate it here, you can easily get a servicable PG for the MLE you cannot easily get a scoring PF for the MLE.

Look at Chicago they gave Boozer close to a max just because he's a 20+ ppg big guy if we give up Amare it would totally defeat the object of getting a legit defensive C to add to this lineup.

CP3 is not serviceable...he is top 3 PG. I am not saying you don't have a vaild point in wanting to keep Amare and I myself would be happy if we did. That said, I do feel our team would be better defensively and more synergistic with the swap of CP3 for Amare. We do not need scoring from the PF position with Melo and CP3 lighting it up WHILE holding our opponents down with the good defense that roster SHOULD bring.

I agree %100. Not to mention we can sign Hill and possibly Davis. That would be amazing.:crossfingers:

smokes

Huge Member
CP3 is not serviceable...he is top 3 PG. I am not saying you don't have a vaild point in wanting to keep Amare and I myself would be happy if we did. That said, I do feel our team would be better defensively and more synergistic with the swap of CP3 for Amare. We do not need scoring from the PF position with Melo and CP3 lighting it up WHILE holding our opponents down with the good defense that roster SHOULD bring.

I didn't say anything about CP3 being serviceable... I said it's easier to get a serviceable PG than a serviceable scoring PF.

Of course you need scoring from the PF position. Chandler does not add more than 10ppg even in NO with Paul he averaged 10ppg over his 2 years there.

Whether or not Melo can post does not reduce the fact that you need some form of inside scoring when the going gets tough. Amare is an absolute beast down low and we would be completely negating that from our team.

It's not hard or expensive to get players who can shoot 18-22 footers. It is very hard and expensive to get 20+ppg big men.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I'm with you smokes, much easier to plug in a PG then to fill STATs shoes.

Thats nonsense. STAT brings 1 maybe two things...offense and some timely blocked shots. CP3 brings offense, defense, assists and would control the pace of the game. I would argue that the gap between any PF we would aquire to replace Amare would be smaller than the gap between CP3 and any "serviceable" PG for the simple virtue that CP3 is a BETTER player than STAT and brings more to the table.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I hope they resign Billups after amnestying him (Maybe he agreed to make the team better?). With Chandler and Amar'e being terrific pick n' roll players, Billups would be great. People undervalue his pick n' roll game IMO.

Red

TYPE-A
No its amnestying/S&T'ing Billups to get Chandler.

Chandler/Amare/Melo would be our 3.

Oh... my fault.

Yeah I would do a Billups for Chandler if possible. We could always find a PG, shit we could get Ray Felt again if that's the case.

smokes

Huge Member
I hope they resign Billups after amnestying him (Maybe he agreed to make the team better?). With Chandler and Amar'e being terrific pick n' roll players, Billups would be great. People undervalue his pick n' roll game IMO.

We cannot re-sign Billups if we amnesty him.

Amnestied players go into a pool of lottery teams/teams under the cap and the highest bidder gets the player.

Red

TYPE-A
Spinning? No, spinning is claiming MDA is my man. I won't accuse you of spinning...your guilt lies in your obvious ignorance and inability to read a thread...

Allow me to break it down for you:

Move #1: Amnesty or S&T Tyson for Billups to acquire Tyson. (nothing to do with STAT)

Move #2: Either:

a) keep STAT and run with the best frontcourt

b) trade STAT for CP3

Get it now? :barf:

Got it. I'll take 1 or 2a not 2b.

And don't act like you weren't about to have MOA's twin babies.:cool: