Knicks will sign Tyson Chandler, use amnesty on Billups

smokes

Huge Member
I just kno that there's no contract this Knick organization signed in recent memory where they could get over and get out of the cap hit.....

I don't think we negotiated Turiafs contract did we? I honestly don't remember but I thought we picked him up in a trade.

insanity4289

Benchwarmer
I'm delusional??? Dwight Howard listed 3 teams he would play for; L.A., N.Y. and Chicago with LA being his preference. During an interview when asked about NY he said it was too cold and then laughed.... You guys are running with that little exchange, I'm going by multiple article that I read. He stated that he wants to play in a major market and the 3 top markets are NY, LA and Chicago; NY is the #1 Market and LA is #2. Andrew Bynum doesn't land Howard; Gasol and Bynum might have got him, but Gasol is gone. Melo or STAT would have been a HUGE chip for landing him. SI.com already ran articles that Howard would play in NY if LA fell threw so you guys need to check yourselves!

Did you even read my post?

What does Dwight Howard going to LA have anything to do with us "Banging with MIA and Boston" ????

It's called reading comprehension, actually my post was too straight forward for it to be a problem with reading comprehension. Get your head out of your ass.

And if you are going to allude to the fact that you were referring to the Knicks getting D12, Howard and Amare would just be a waste.

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
I'm delusional??? Dwight Howard listed 3 teams he would play for; L.A., N.Y. and Chicago with LA being his preference. During an interview when asked about NY he said it was too cold and then laughed.... You guys are running with that little exchange, I'm going by multiple article that I read. He stated that he wants to play in a major market and the 3 top markets are NY, LA and Chicago; NY is the #1 Market and LA is #2. Andrew Bynum doesn't land Howard; Gasol and Bynum might have got him, but Gasol is gone. Melo or STAT would have been a HUGE chip for landing him. SI.com already ran articles that Howard would play in NY if LA fell threw so you guys need to check yourselves!

let me rephrase:

It is HIGHLY unlikely that Dwight Howard comes to NY as a free agent or in a trade. The reasons?

#1 We never get "The Guy" (as evidenced by decades of never having a transcendent star and no Melo/Amare dont count, for all their talent). We saw wut happened with Lebron, he had to hold back his laughter at our presentation. We dont root for a smart organization. We need a miracle, we need a Kobe-esque draft miracle to happen, where we stumble upon a major star and he happens to love it in NYC and other players come to him because he's committed to winning a title.

#2 We realistically can't afford Stat-Melo-Dwight (even if he wanted it). To fill out the roster with competent role players, you have to spread out the cap/luxury space better.

#3 Dwight is probably going to LA because somehow, LA is always able to trade navel lint for diamonds. I dont kno how, but it happens.

#4 If James Dolan (as dumb as he is) new there was a legit trade possibility with Orlando, he or his lackey's would have explored it already. We have nothing to trade, literally. And no, an unproven Shumpert, Jorts and Landry Fields won't cut it.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I just kno that there's no contract this Knick organization signed in recent memory where they could get over and get out of the cap hit.....

Ma'am, there will be a cap hit, the cap it is not always for the face value of the contract. All I said was, if the Knicks could cut Turiaf for a portion of his salary, then they will; "if" being the key word. Just like Vlade only got $2M of his $5.9 because his contract said if he was cut before a certain date...that's all he would get.

If Turiaf's deal hampers the Knicks in any way, and his contract has this sort of language in it, they'll exercise that clause and pay him whatever he's owed as long as it's not an amount that would get in the way of their plans.

Someone on here said they think Turiaf's deal is fully guaranteed, and I also admitted that I have no clue what the contract details, so this may all be moot.

But NBA contracts aren't always as cut and dry as "this is the salary, so this is what the guy will surely get."

insanity4289

Benchwarmer
Ma'am, there will be a cap hit, the cap it is not always for the face value of the contract. All I said was, if the Knicks could cut Turiaf for a portion of his salary, then they will; "if" being the key word. Just like Vlade only got $2M of his $5.9 because his contract said if he was cut before a certain date...that's all he would get.

If Turiaf's deal hampers the Knicks in any way, and his contract has this sort of language in it, they'll exercise that clause and pay him whatever he's owed as long as it's not an amount that would get in the way of their plans.

Someone on here said they think Turiaf's deal is fully guaranteed, and I also admitted that I have no clue what the contract details, so this may all be moot.

But NBA contracts aren't always as cut and dry as "this is the salary, so this is what the guy will surely get."

Dude stop rehashing this Turiaf business to make a point. No one cares.

YEARITEHERE

Benchwarmer
with Paul going to LA whats gonna happen with Fisher? if we got to get rid of Billups to get Chandler maybe we can get Fisher for one year.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Sweet. Now only if i can find it.

I have 3 rep points? Is that standard?

You get one per year.

I am very happy about this signing. Premier center defensively, requires. no real inclusion offensively, will inspire Amar'e to defend, protect the rim if our defensive guards lapse, add toughness, is passionate.

We've needed this since opening game v the Raptors last season. No more career nights for opposing bigs.

Seems retarded to sign Billups and then amnesty him. We need that clause. Trade him, and this signing is a winner in my eyes. MLE is an absolute necessity.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Did you even read my post?

What does Dwight Howard going to LA have anything to do with us "Banging with MIA and Boston" ????

It's called reading comprehension, actually my post was too straight forward for it to be a problem with reading comprehension. Get your head out of your ass.

And if you are going to allude to the fact that you were referring to the Knicks getting D12, Howard and Amare would just be a waste.

I actually meant to quote CuseGirl on the Howard comment... But since you are being a a-hole about it, let's address your astute observations that you so eloquently presented.
Miami made it to the Finals because they have the best all around player in LaBron and a super star in Wade. The just signed Shane Battier so they added yet another prolific defender to their squad. Bosh is one of the better offensive bigs in the league and what he lacks in size he makes up in finesse. Do they need another banger in the paint, yes but they are built to play team defense and move the ball and they are the best at it. If they can pull of landing another big body, not a star just a blue collar type they will be unstoppable and you can take that to the bank! Boston crushed the Knicks on the boards in the playoffs.
So, I am willing to have a civil debate with you but I refuse to argue with a 14 year old who acts tough over the internet. I would keep on going but I am sure your mommy is about to come into your room and make you put on your PJs and go to bed now since you have school tomorrow.

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;188307 said:
You get one per year.

I am very happy about this signing. Premier center defensively, requires. no real inclusion offensively, will inspire Amar'e to defend, protect the rim if our defensive guards lapse, add toughness, is passionate.

We've needed this since opening game v the Raptors last season. No more career nights for opposing bigs.

Seems retarded to sign Billups and then amnesty him. We need that clause. Trade him, and this signing is a winner in my eyes. MLE is an absolute necessity.

agree....i was hoping to keep the amnesty clause for next yr in case STAT's knee blow up or if Dwight changes his mind.....but to waste it on an expiring? smh

insanity4289

Benchwarmer
I actually meant to quote CuseGirl on the Howard comment... But since you are being a a-hole about it, let's address your astute observations that you so eloquently presented.
Miami made it to the Finals because they have the best all around player in LaBron and a super star in Wade. The just signed Shane Battier so they added yet another prolific defender to their squad. Bosh is one of the better offensive bigs in the league and what he lacks in size he makes up in finesse. Do they need another banger in the paint, yes but they are built to play team defense and move the ball and they are the best at it. If they can pull of landing another big body, not a star just a blue collar type they will be unstoppable and you can take that to the bank! Boston crushed the Knicks on the boards in the playoffs.
So, I am willing to have a civil debate with you but I refuse to argue with a 14 year old who acts tough over the internet. I would keep on going but I am sure your mommy is about to come into your room and make you put on your PJs and go to bed now since you have school tomorrow.

Nice attack. The "calling your opposing poster younger than you technique" nice tactic.

Yes they did add Battier and that will help them on the Perimeter, but they still don't have a center or a guy that can out rebound our big men.

And of course the Celtics out rebounded us in the Playoffs. Amare was injured.

This Celtics team isn't the same team without Perkins at Center. If Amare and Chauncey didn't get injured, that series would have been extremely close.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
agree....i was hoping to keep the amnesty clause for next yr in case STAT's knee blow up or if Dwight changes his mind.....but to waste it on an expiring? smh

It's pretty moronic, eh? To think that they'd believe that Billups expiring, a 2016 first, Fields, Douglas and a turd in a hat would have pried CP3 away from NO was wishful thinking in the first place.

We HAVE to trade Billups. Amnesty is our golden ticket to The Wonka Factory.

EDIT:

Wouldn't our luxury tax payment, as it's still under the previous CBA's terms, be around $3M if we kept Billups? That's no skin off James Colan's nose.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
another spin...ding!

No

I'm claiming STAT is better than other PF's

What CP brings can be duplicated...

thus (without the apples vs oranges) STAT is more valuable especially because of the above and he proved he could thrive alone in this city.

Bottom line is bigs earn more value points due to the nature of the game. Why do you think we traded for Stat and not a PG when we had the chance?

Because things being equal, given the choice, STAT and a mediocre PG is better than CP3 and a mediocre PF... add, the mediocre pg won't be totally eclipsed by CP3 versus the opposite and is more acquirable.

Think about that.

Bigs = Value due to many factors such as demand, availability, nature of the sport (closer to the basket etc...)

We already have one... time to go for two, shit stockpile them!

Riiiiiiiiiiiight, I'm spinning! :teeth:

What else can one conclude from the following statments other than you asserting STAT is the better player:

CP3 has not proven he can thrive in a major market... STAT has

CP3 can be stopped by a good defender... STAT cant be stopped

CP3 facilitates... as does Felton and a slew of other PG's

CP3 as all guards need weapons... STAT carried franchises BY HIMSELF

Your words, not mine guy.

What Cp3 can bring can be duplicated but what STAT brings can't? It's a moot point as we are not getting Cp3 but your comment is just patently false. Cp3 brings much more to the table than Stat. I would argue that CP3 brings more intangibles in addition to scoring, assists, defense and floor generalship. A PG controls the flow and pace of the game. Further and most importantly CP3 makes his teammates better while STATS game does not. STAT is a great scoring PF with a ton of heart and I love him but he does not have the impact nor is he as good as CP3...period!

BTW, I love how you claim STAT carried a franchise by himself when he was always the 2nd best player in Phoenix. Sure, he was the best player in NYC for half a season but was hardly alone. He had a PG having a career year who arguably should have been an all-star, he had Wilson Chandler having a career year and he had Gallo spreading the floor. Let's pretend that you were right though and STAT did carry the franchise by himself...what did it lead to? .500 record in the weakest division. GTFOH with your nonsense!

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
Riiiiiiiiiiiight, I'm spinning! :teeth:

What else can one conclude from the following statments other than you asserting STAT is the better player:

Your words, not mine guy.

What Cp3 can bring can be duplicated but what STAT brings can't? It's a moot point as we are not getting Cp3 but your comment is just patently false. Cp3 brings much more to the table than Stat. I would argue that CP3 brings more intangibles in addition to scoring, assists, defense and floor generalship. A PG controls the flow and pace of the game. Further and most importantly CP3 makes his teammates better while STATS game does not. STAT is a great scoring PF with a ton of heart and I love him but he does not have the impact nor is he as good as CP3...period!

BTW, I love how you claim STAT carried a franchise by himself when he was always the 2nd best player in Phoenix. Sure, he was the best player in NYC for half a season but was hardly alone. He had a PG having a career year who arguably should have been an all-star, he had Wilson Chandler having a career year and he had Gallo spreading the floor. Let's pretend that you were right though and STAT did carry the franchise by himself...what did it lead to? .500 record in the weakest division. GTFOH with your nonsense!
I probably woulnd't have mentioned how Felton looked in an arguement for Paul's value. ANY pg is gonna look way better with weapons, especially big ones. I would much rather have felton with this team than trade stat for paul.

p.s. not directed at anyone specific but a lot of you are extremely childish when someone has a differing opinion.