Marbury kicked out of front row seat at MSG during Knicks Season Opener

Superfly

Rookie
Stephon Marbury didn't steal the show at the New York Knicks home opener. But he sure provided quite a sideshow.

The former Knicks point guard made good on his promise to show up for his former team's home opener and sit in the front row. But Marbury was asked to leave those seats when ushers examined his ticket and determined he was sitting in the wrong spot.

Rather than relocate, Marbury left the arena just as the first quarter was ending.

Adding to the bizarre scene, Marbury pulled out a video camera shortly after arriving and began shooting the live action, at one point standing up -- thereby blocking the view of the fans behind him -- while play was ongoing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvwGK_mbl9w

A Madison Square Garden security official spoke to Marbury during a timeout, and it was then discovered that Marbury was holding a ticket for Row A. But the seat he was occupying -- just a couple chairs down from Spike Lee's regular seat -- was actually in Row AA, and Marbury was asked to move.

After turning down a $1.99 million, one-year offer from the Boston Celtics early in the summer, Marbury remained unsigned through the summer. He recently said he plans to sit out the entire 2009-10 season before making a comeback next season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4612266

Starks

Starter
I'm calling it now. Right around December, he'll be hospitalized for some kind of attempt to take his life.

He's got suicide case written all over him. All those youtube broadcasts were warning signs and no one did anything but laugh at him or feel sad for him.

The best thing for the media to do is to stop covering his bizarre antics. The attention can be addictive in itself, especially when being a public figure that fell from grace. He needs to be given the Steve O treatment and checked mentally. (Watch the Steve O special MTV aired. Him and Steph's story's have a scary degree of similarity)

The Knicks, former teamates, former coaches, business partners, and the NBA has done nothing put try to put as much distance between them and Steph as possible. No one wants to even be associated with him, understandably so, but someone should stand up and get this guy some professional help. I don't think any players like him or have a good relationship with him, but at least the Knicks should do something to make him a functional individual again.

If this was a friend of yours, or someone in your fam, or anyone you cared about that you could talk to, you wouldn't let that person go on like this...especially in the public eye. What kind of person would but a leech or lackey?

metrocard

Legend
I'm calling it now. Right around December, he'll be hospitalized for some kind of attempt to take his life.

He's got suicide case written all over him. All those youtube broadcasts were warning signs and no one did anything but laugh at him or feel sad for him.

The best thing for the media to do is to stop covering his bizarre antics. The attention can be addictive in itself, especially when being a public figure that fell from grace. He needs to be given the Steve O treatment and checked mentally. (Watch the Steve O special MTV aired. Him and Steph's story's have a scary degree of similarity)

The Knicks, former teamates, former coaches, business partners, and the NBA has done nothing put try to put as much distance between them and Steph as possible. No one wants to even be associated with him, understandably so, but someone should stand up and get this guy some professional help. I don't think any players like him or have a good relationship with him, but at least the Knicks should do something to make him a functional individual again.

If this was a friend of yours, or someone in your fam, or anyone you cared about that you could talk to, you wouldn't let that person go on like this...especially in the public eye. What kind of person would but a leech or lackey?

theres nothing bizzare with Marbury.
I bet you and others do much weirder and more bizzare things everyday.
Marbury just has the confidence to broadcast himself.

celticpride

Rookie
I don't understand the Knick fans that defend this guy.He might be a fan favorite to some but is there really any reason why people should look up to him as a hero? Is rooting for Marbury as a player and as a person the ghetto thing to do these days? No offense to the good Knick fans that live in inner cities but Marbury has done nothing for the Knicks besides fight with his coaches and slander his former team.This man is better off being in a psychiatric ward than being on an NBA court.

I never wanted him on the Celtics.He didn't really provide anything special for them last season.His greed and his ego were evident when he rejected the veteran's minimum offer.If he really had the IQ of the average 32 year old he would of taken the million dollar offer and would of attempted to fix his reputation on a championship caliber team.But it was very typical of Marbury to take the route that he did.

If I were a Knick fan I would just move on with the whole Marbury thing.He shouldn't even be discussed and idolized by real Knick fans.Hopefully people will begin to forget about this guy as soon as the Knicks become a relevant team again.

YanksKnicks86

Benchwarmer
This guy is retarded...Although he seems like a good father. I wasn't really watching the Marbury Era that closely. Worst move by the Knicks ever? lol

KBlack25

Starter

I said this same shit a while a back, when he was posting himself all over youtube...and still I totally agree. This guy has serious mental instability, delusions of grandeur and a whole slew of other psychological problems. Honestly, the guy really needs help, I feel bad for him at this point.

Someone close to him needs to get this guy help, because the way he has acted not only this summer but for the past few years has put serious doubts in my mind (as it should for any reasonable human being) as to this guy's stability.

He needs help, bad.

p0nder

Starter
Man, props to Marbury for NOT going to the celtics.

I think Marbury is worth about the vet. minimum he was offered but refused to play with those chumps. Good for him to take the time off and re-evaluate his life and what he wants to do. I think he's got a lot of intelligence in both terms of basketball and business. I mean, I got no hard feelings about the guy.

It's not his fault they paid him 20 mill to sit on the bench. He is (was?) a great player and this whole circus will go down as the biggest disappointment in Knicks history.

metrocard

Legend
Knicks have done more against Marbury than Marbury has done to them.
This is becoming embarassing and pathetic of the Knicks organization to look like the heartbroke obsessed loser BF who can't stop to seek revenge and embarass his ex.