Melo Trade Rumors

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I "played the race card" because of a dumb post.: "Melo wasn't the best player on the 2012-13 team" even though he averaged 10 points better than everyone else on that team. It's easy to regurgitate the white media's take on Melo:"ballhog", "doesn't make his teammates better" and all that hating crap because a brotha is breaking bread. But stats don't lie and Melo has been the best player on the Knicks since he joined. Scorers score points...that's what they do.... point guards make the rest of the team better. Stoppers play defense. Very few NBA players in history have done all three and to judge Melo by that standard is unfair at best and being a hater at worst:(
I give credit and all you care about is points. Put Melo on Cleveland with the best player in the league. We could be still looking at a sweep with the Warriors winning of course. Melo is the only one I've seen with the "Olympic" reference if he had the right players around him. There's more to it than just the talent on his team. I'm not even a Melo hater and you Melonnials get touchy and biased when someone disagrees with you that he's not a superstar.

I give credit and all you care about is points. Put Melo on Cleveland with the best player in the league. We could be still looking at a sweep with the Warriors winning of course. Melo is the only one I've seen with the "Olympic" reference if he had the right players around him. There's more to it than just the talent on his team. I'm not even a Melo hater and you Melonnials get touchy and biased when someone disagrees with you that he's not a superstar.

Melo is a 10 time all-star and has won a scoring title. He has had moments where he has taken over games on the offensive end and been as dominant as any player that I have seen in this era.

But, his defensive effort is generally poor and since he joined our franchise, we've lost more than we've won.

He is definitely a star player. A star player other franchises would have built around, like Cuban did around Dirk, but he's not a transcendent player who can carry a franchise.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Melo is a 10 time all-star and has won a scoring title. He has had moments where he has taken over games on the offensive end and been as dominant as any player that I have seen in this era.

But, his defensive effort is generally poor and since he joined our franchise, we've lost more than we've won.

He is definitely a star player. A star player other franchises would have built around, like Cuban did around Dirk, but he's not a transcendent player who can carry a franchise.
Yes, he's a star, not a superstar.

mafra

Legend
Regarding the Kyrie Irving trade demands, the Cavs were given four preferred landing spots: New York, Miami, San Antonio and Minnesota.
And this is the NBA offseason. It sounds like Irving is legitimate in his demands and not wanting to live under LeBron James' shadow. This is basically the third day of the "offseason" in the NBA, but it looks like chaos is in store for the Cavs this offseason -- maybe they should've brought their GM back. Expect a ton of Kyrie Irving rumors this summer.

----/

We all know LJ is leaving next summer.... Irving can opt out summer after that....

Melo for KI starting to look like there's hope....

tiger0330

Legend
DRos e
LeBron
Me lo
KLove
Tristan

Not a bad makeover for a Cavs team that didn't do much this off-season. It would be a bold statement by their new GM if he pulled the trigger on this trade when he has no reason to rush trading Kyrie.

mafra

Legend
Carmelo Anthony and the Thunder "are officially circling each other" according to Bill Simmons of The Ringer.
Thunder assistant GM Troy Weaver was an assistant coach at Syracuse when he recruited Melo back in the day, but it's hard to imagine OKC putting together a package that would entice the Knicks. The Thunder would have to unload either Steven Adams or Enes Kanter to make a deal work, but a third team would probably have to be involved because New York would want picks or younger prospects on rookie-scale contracts. This is firmly in the rumor stage and the Rockets and Cavaliers are still considered the favorites to pull off a trade for Melo.

Broadway

All Star
Funny how WC contenders are now lining up for a selfish ball hog loser that plays no defense:)

Because the small few have just enough to cover up ALL HIS SINS but notice those teams aren't offering much, otherwise Knicks would be frantic to strike hot on a deal. Instead a couple teams showing up ib the 23rd hour is a sure tell sign these are cotton candy soft planted leaks.

It's not about about who wants grease ball face, it's about what are they offering proving his real value

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
That's true to a certain extent, but the interest indicates value for "greaseball face". Now it's up to the Knicks front office to rebuild the value that Fail-Jackson destroyed and make a good deal. I'm just curious what you and the rest of the Melo-haters,who have built your entire KO.com platform on hating Melo, are gonna have to talk about after he is gone??? You guys are similar to Donald Trump who won the election hating on Obama and everything he accomplished. But take all that away and what do you have left to stand on??? Any good ideas or fruitful input???? I doubt it. Just insults and fake news after "greaseball face" is gone:(

Broadway

All Star
That's true to a certain extent, but the interest indicates value for "greaseball face". Now it's up to the Knicks front office to rebuild the value that Fail-Jackson destroyed and make a good deal. I'm just curious what you and the rest of the Melo-haters,who have built your entire KO.com platform on hating Melo, are gonna have to talk about after he is gone??? You guys are similar to Donald Trump who won the election hating on Obama and everything he accomplished. But take all that away and what do you have left to stand on??? Any good ideas or fruitful input???? I doubt it. Just insults and fake news after "greaseball face" is gone:(

You really just describing yourself brosef....

Where was chief during the draft talk?

Where was chief during the GM search talk?

Where was chief during wisest use of cap mgmt talk?

Where was chief during Summer League?

You can't be serious!!!

You're whole posting campaign is based on one thing "Whan Whan Please Stay Melo/Repealing Obamacare Fail"(to use your own analogy against you). ClutchCity it's only a matter of time when you settle your digs there, hope you enjoy yourself and diversify your talk amongst new friends...lol

jimkcchief88

All Star
Uhhhh where were u in 2006 when I joined KO.com???? Middle school I would guess:) sorry I'm grown ass man who has better things to do (like make sure I keep a roof over my family's head )than debate with your no-nothing ass about stupid **** like meaningless summer league games and our awful front office situation. Can anyone spell off-season??? Wake me up when the season starts. I remember many game threads during the season where you didn't have **** to say on chief

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Uhhhh where were u in 2006 when I joined KO.com???? Middle school I would guess:) sorry I'm grown ass man who has better things to do (like make sure I keep a roof over my family's head )than debate with your no-nothing ass about stupid **** like meaningless summer league games and our awful front office situation. Can anyone spell off-season??? Wake me up when the season starts. I remember many game threads during the season where you didn't have **** to say on chief

We all have jobs and most of us are taking care of our families. Nothing you said sets you a part from being absent from all those threads(plus many more I spared to name). You know you can do better but you have to deprogram a tad. Of course you were present in a few regular season games this past season because your boyfriend was playing.

I'm speaking outside of this...how far does your interaction and contributions reach on this forum at present not tied to 1 player?...Not going back a decade on your inception?

Don't throw stones at daily contributors implying they are vanilla and lack depth with discussions here. I've learned quite a bit and been entertained by quite a few here often times at the height of differing viewpoints.

Either make it a personal goal to recommit to this franchise or wait until Melo is traded and take up stock elsewhere. No big deal if you do. I think most reasonable persons would understand even if they'd find it bizarre.

I don't know if it's just because of how this offseason has gone and people are in general pissed off, but we're starting see more and more borderline personal attacks on here as the days go by.

mafra

Legend
The world has never seen the season begin with Ron Baker as the Knicks' starting PG. I can't wait.

If starting the season with Baker seems strange, think of CLE having a backcourt rotation of Rose, JR Smith, Shump and Jose Calderon, with Channing Frye rooting them on from on the bench.

mafra

Legend
For what it's worth, and given earlier timeline about a trade going down early this week (perhaps Tue):

Out of Portland comes this tweet tonight:

Conversation

Mike Rice @mikerice6

It looks like blazers will be part of Knicks 3team trade of Carmelo. No they won't get Carmelo. Stay tuned
7:52 PM ? Jul 24, 2

Broadway

All Star
For what it's worth, and given earlier timeline about a trade going down early this week (perhaps Tue):

Out of Portland comes this tweet tonight:

Conversation

Mike Rice @mikerice6

It looks like blazers will be part of Knicks 3team trade of Carmelo. No they won't get Carmelo. Stay tuned
7:52 PM ? Jul 24, 2

Yaaaaaaaayyyyy Mo Harkless and Myles Leonard

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
We all have jobs and most of us are taking care of our families. Nothing you said sets you a part from being absent from all those threads(plus many more I spared to name). You know you can do better but you have to deprogram a tad. Of course you were present in a few regular season games this past season because your boyfriend was playing.

I'm speaking outside of this...how far does your interaction and contributions reach on this forum at present not tied to 1 player?...Not going back a decade on your inception?

Don't throw stones at daily contributors implying they are vanilla and lack depth with discussions here. I've learned quite a bit and been entertained by quite a few here often times at the height of differing viewpoints.

Either make it a personal goal to recommit to this franchise or wait until Melo is traded and take up stock elsewhere. No big deal if you do. I think most reasonable persons would understand even if they'd find it bizarre.

I'm throwing stones at you because your "daily contributions" are crap. I go back to 2006 because "my boyfriend" Melo wasn't on the team neither was he in 1990/91 when I bought my first Knicks hat. Where were u then??? Born yet??? I bet not so bow down where I show you son. Don't challenge a seasoned KO.com battle poster. Jus **** where I show you and keep it moving on chief