Mozgov should be getting consistent minutes..

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I'm not comparing the players talents I'm comparing their situations. Bavk then the Pacers coach could have bench Smits for an entire season the way MDA is trying to do with Moz. It would have hindered Smits development not helped. He may have still developed into the same player but at a much slower pace.

I agree benching him entirely is insane...

...But the talent is important...

There comes a point where a player is so raw that playing him is just worthless. See: Hasheem Thabeet, for example.

Smits was never that raw, he was already a competent player so of course he got playing time his first year.

Mozgov is much more raw than Smits was and he was also getting accustomed to a new style of play (Euroball vs. NBA) so yes it's going to take him a lot more time to become a competent player who gets minutes. The talent matters. A player who is good is going to get more playing time. A player who is not as good...isn't.

There comes a point where a player being on the court does him more harm than good, and I think Coach thought of Mozgov as being at that point. Turning the ball over 4 times, dropping passes, and getting booed off the home court is not a good thing for a player.

That being said I do think D'Antoni should've played Mozgov in some of the games we could've won if we had just one more big man (Kings, Suns, etc.) but that's a story for a different time.

I do agree that benching Randolph was absolutely idiotic.

:boohoo:

if you didnt watch, yes, it was back to the pine.
moz got appropriate minutes
this game proves that e is a liability against tyson chandler (lol @ assholes thinking he should guard dwight howard in his first month in the nba)
he still makes rookie mistakes that **** up a good run.
he is still raw....just admit it. we used him and he couldnt grab a board if you payed him.
im sure he will try harder next time

Moz, Moz baby. Will you admit you jumped the gun. Or at least admit that you and your sorority crew (you know who you are) can never find a middle ground. No one says he can guard Howard. No one says he should play 40 min a night. Just that he should get some burn in order to contribute. Why is it either one extreme or another for you and your girls?

T]you are right, Smits was a force immediately. Mosgov has the talent, but needs more game experience. I would not trade him as he will only get better over the summer. Knicks have a very nice young nucleus.

-Guru

drpapi23

Rookie
...But the talent is important...

There comes a point where a player is so raw that playing him is just worthless. See: Hasheem Thabeet, for example.

Smits was never that raw, he was already a competent player so of course he got playing time his first year.

Mozgov is much more raw than Smits was and he was also getting accustomed to a new style of play (Euroball vs. NBA) so yes it's going to take him a lot more time to become a competent player who gets minutes. The talent matters. A player who is good is going to get more playing time. A player who is not as good...isn't.

There comes a point where a player being on the court does him more harm than good, and I think Coach thought of Mozgov as being at that point. Turning the ball over 4 times, dropping passes, and getting booed off the home court is not a good thing for a player.

That being said I do think D'Antoni should've played Mozgov in some of the games we could've won if we had just one more big man (Kings, Suns, etc.) but that's a story for a different time.

I do agree that benching Randolph was absolutely idiotic.

yeah man sometimes i feel something is up d antoni's ass when it's comes to decisions he makes on the court. He's a good coach but i believe if we had a more balanced coach who doesn't concentrate on offense too much we would be in a better position.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
ok, take your head out of the sand for a second ok?
from october 3'd
moz averaged 25mpg in the preseason, and started EVERY game.
Up until nov. 27th mozgov got minutes.
his game where he had 2 minutes, he committed 3 fouls. the game he played 4 minutes, he had 3 turnovers. his minutes were justifiable.
from nov27th to jan 27th is a month, jan 30th he had 40 mins in the 1 good game. unlike you, i watched preseason, i commented and made threads for preseason.
MIKE GAVE MOZ A CHANCE.....GET IT THRU YOUR THICK FUKKIN SKULL.

No Mike pushed the kid too fast, then got upset when Mozgov didn't live up to such lofty expectations; but, instead of blaming himself, MD, forced the kid to limbo on the bench.

I saw the preseason. The kid had talent and ability -- but was not a starter. He was raw and MD should have recognized this. He didn't because he is a crappy coach.

When he removed him from the starting line-up he zapped the guy's confidence... that's is fine, but then failed to give him consistent minutes.

If you want any more proof of MD's stupidity, look at the game last night where he started Shawne Williams on Elton Bran. Elton proceeded to burn the Knicks for 19 first quater points and lose them the game. Apparently Ronny Turiaf's defense and energy was too much of a liability for him.

MD's rotations are bad. His basketball IQ is bad. It cost Timo some great development time; has left another great agile man in Randolph on the bench; and has lost us multiple close games (because he can't out coach to other team).

Mozzie Mozborne single handedly changed the dynamic of the game for us last night. If we had a better coach we would have won.

No Mike pushed the kid too fast, then got upset when Mozgov didn't live up to such lofty expectations; but, instead of blaming himself, MD, forced the kid to limbo on the bench.

I saw the preseason. The kid had talent and ability -- but was not a starter. He was raw and MD should have recognized this. He didn't because he is a crappy coach.

When he removed him from the starting line-up he zapped the guy's confidence... that's is fine, but then failed to give him consistent minutes.

If you want any more proof of MD's stupidity, look at the game last night where he started Shawne Williams on Elton Bran. Elton proceeded to burn the Knicks for 19 first quater points and lose them the game. Apparently Ronny Turiaf's defense and energy was too much of a liability for him.

MD's rotations are bad. His basketball IQ is bad. It cost Timo some great development time; has left another great agile man in Randolph on the bench; and has lost us multiple close games (because he can't out coach to other team).

Mozzie Mozborne single handedly changed the dynamic of the game for us last night. If we had a better coach we would have won.

Yeah the Mike D proceeds to bench him for the entire 4th while we see a 10 point lead go to waste, then we have 10 seconds left on the clock we call no TIMEOUT seriously!
I told ya'll Mike D has to go !

skisloper

Starter
Yeah the Mike D proceeds to bench him for the entire 4th while we see a 10 point lead go to waste, then we have 10 seconds left on the clock we call no TIMEOUT seriously!
I told ya'll Mike D has to go !

NY POST article said we did not have a time-out.....

Truth is you cannot blame D'Antonio....
Williams had a good look and panicked.

I know everyone is bitching.....

just remember ISIAH is lurking....There could be nothing worse then that

NY POST article said we did not have a time-out.....

Truth is you cannot blame D'Antonio....
Williams had a good look and panicked.

I know everyone is bitching.....

just remember ISIAH is lurking....There could be nothing worse then that

We had a timeout, I remember they should how many timeouts we had left and we had a 20 I believe.Mike's excuse is that he doesn't want the defense to set up, really? How about draw up a side out of bounds play? I don't know if I want Williams with the ball I would have been happier with that play that frees Amare up for a three. That last possession looked rushed. Felton over dribbled left 3-4seconds on the clock with a dish to Gallo the guy closed on GAllo and he hit Williams as a guy closed on him. Williams had a look but it still would have been contested.

Danilo

Benchwarmer
We had a timeout, I remember they should how many timeouts we had left and we had a 20 I believe.
We didn't have one, he had just used our last to. Not his fault. Mozzy showed some potential. Williams showed that maybe the other 29 teams were at least partially right in passing on him. Tough one to watch.

skisloper

Starter
We had a timeout, I remember they should how many timeouts we had left and we had a 20 I believe.Mike's excuse is that he doesn't want the defense to set up, really? How about draw up a side out of bounds play? I don't know if I want Williams with the ball I would have been happier with that play that frees Amare up for a three. That last possession looked rushed. Felton over dribbled left 3-4seconds on the clock with a dish to Gallo the guy closed on GAllo and he hit Williams as a guy closed on him. Williams had a look but it still would have been contested.

with 10 seconds left and the leagues 3 point shooting leader with an open shot seems like the scenario u would want....he just panicked and did not shoot

Moz, Moz BABY:smokin:

I just had to bump this thread for all the naysayers that said this kid should not get any burn at all. LMAO. I should be an NBA scout, because I saw this coming way before our coach did...