Mozgov should be getting consistent minutes..

petescud

Starter
Looks like he's capable of being a Beast. Again this was against a team thats smaller then we are. I think if he had more confidence, he'd be able to put back a lot of dunks against the bigs too. Lets hope he gets more minutes

Red

TYPE-A
Exactly, Red. You're finally getting it, too. When a coach feels it's likely their project rookie can play with confidence and poise, and has been consistently improving in practice, they should then play whenever a good opportunity arises, and hope they can start playing up to their potential.

So, Moz has the game of his life, showing the holes in confidence and poise have been fixed. And reality dictates this end came from the way Mike D'antoni developed him.

Yet, we should really feel superior to MD, because in the workings of your feelings and dreams....Moz would have been doing this long ago?

One is a reality of success. The latter, an illogical illusion wrapped up in delusion of armchair qb grandeur.

I'll side with the former, and thank MD for another growing success within the success of this season.

Again, he played due to injury.

I know you want it to be because MDA is a good coach and realized his new found talents on display in practice...

But that simply and factually isn't the case.

Just stop, you're making a spectacle of yourself by arguing and unwillingness to accept the truth. Yeah I said it, the truth.

The truth is we needed size, injury forced MDA to go with the Gov, it worked out (at least in that game) and as a result you and MDA look even dumber. That simple. Curb your ego and realize you and MDA were wrong. Its ok really

We all already figured out your lacking like coach, we'ved come to terms with it...its cool.

Toons

is the Bo$$
One thing that needs to be added to this argument is Anthony Randolph. He didnt preform spectacularly, but he did give us 5 rebounds (4 offensive) and a block in 8 minutes. That 4 extra possessions. This kid could fill up a stat sheet if given the minutes.

MDA is also on the clock with this decision...

4 offensive rebounds?? lmao
when did this happen? what game were you watching?
randolph got the obvious rebounds that came to him, he just had to put his hands up.
stop being a box score geek and watch a frickin game!

Toons

is the Bo$$
:agreed::agreed::agreed:

News Flash: Amare was Dantoni's center throughout his tour in Phoenix.
3 months of Shaq and Dantoni lose his Phoenix job.

Dantoni is the last coach u want coaching new and young players into the NBA. To this day Dantoni has not prove to me he is a NBA headcoach.
Its not what u know its who u know. :smokin:

The Knicks only signed two starters this offseason.
Truth be said, there are only 3 starters on the Knicks 15 man roster.
Amare/Chandler/Felton
Certain Knick players have a better performance coming off the bench. Turiaf, Mozgov, and AR are decent 20 minute bigmen off the bench.

Did anyone ever take the time to think about.....
Mozgov started out slow in this game the same as he started out slow at the beginning of the season with new teammates, new rules, new (enviroment) country, and a new STUPID wide-open system that is not made for a halfcourt setting center.
Early in the season Mozgov was receiving odd amount of minutes per game, 6 min, 10 min, 4 min, 17 min, 8 min, 12 minutes, which means Mozgov was only receiving 5 to 6 minutes straight on the court per quarter, playing only 2 quarters per game.
Last night Mozgov missed his first 4 shots in a 5 minute span..... we seen AR ready to come in to replace Mozgov, but Mozgov got fouled and went to the foul-line, so AR had to replace AMARE.
Mozgov had room to do Mozgov when AMARE left the court.

I read all the post and certain factors on Mozgov performance no one mention

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Personally i have followed the gov in russia, he was never a half court centre. He was a pick n roll beast. He was atheletic, fast, n hardly ever posted up. Just because your 7 foot, doesnt make you pau gasol.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Again, he played due to injury.

I know you want it to be because MDA is a good coach and realized his new found talents on display in practice...

But that simply and factually isn't the case.

Just stop, you're making a spectacle of yourself by arguing and unwillingness to accept the truth. Yeah I said it, the truth.

The truth is we needed size, injury forced MDA to go with the Gov, it worked out (at least in that game) and as a result you and MDA look even dumber. That simple. Curb your ego and realize you and MDA were wrong. Its ok really

We all already figured out your lacking like coach, we'ved come to terms with it...its cool.

RED, yes he played because of injury. YES. thats obvious and goes without saying.
BUT
Moz stayed ready, he practiced hard, and got the opertunity to show himself as a part of the rotation. And yes, he impressed the coach, but he didnt completely surprise anyone on the team. Maybe moz would have cracked the rotation next week, or after allstar break, who knows? he got an early oprtunity and made the best of it.
Without the help of the training staff, he may have come in and did what he did early on....rack up a few fouls, commit a few turnovers, travel once or twice and never see another minute on the floor for a few more months. WHO THE FOCK KNOWS???
its one game....lets hope he keeps it up.

Red

TYPE-A
RED, yes he played because of injury. YES. thats obvious and goes without saying.
BUT
Moz stayed ready, he practiced hard, and got the opertunity to show himself as a part of the rotation. And yes, he impressed the coach, but he didnt completely surprise anyone on the team. Maybe moz would have cracked the rotation next week, or after allstar break, who knows? he got an early oprtunity and made the best of it.
Without the help of the training staff, he may have come in and did what he did early on....rack up a few fouls, commit a few turnovers, travel once or twice and never see another minute on the floor for a few more months. WHO THE FOCK KNOWS???
its one game....lets hope he keeps it up.

Ok, I'll give credit to the trainers/coaches, that's what they get paid for, isn't it?

But the buck stops there. The majority of the credit goes to the Gov for taking advantage of the opportunity, one that came as result of injury. Period.

Had coach played him before this, it would be debatable whether or not it was due to improvement in practice...

But the circumstance dictates a consideration of the supports of using the bigs more being correct in response to blind MDA supporters who claimed he wasn't ready.

Don't get it twisted, don't maneuver because it's too obvious and really when thinking back to the whole angle of the debates regarding coach and Gallo you all look very hypocritical.

We say play the bigs, you argue MDA says they're not worthy, he's FORCED to comply... bigs flourished...

You lose. Play the bigs. Keep an open mind, discuss and refrain from arguing. The game is the same. MDA isn't smart enough to reinvent it, he can only muck it up.

Red

TYPE-A
And btw Toons, regarding my comment of being 99% confidnece...

What I'm saying is I think MOZ and Ar have the same skills as they did when brought in. Maybe they have to adjust to the system as everyone (and isn't an excuse) but all in all I really doubt they improved so much over whatever caused coach to dnp them mad games.

The only REAL difference I see is the confidence the exuded. That's what I meant. Give and/or show Moz and Ar some confidence and releave the tension of having to perform perfectly and mistake free and the "potential" that the EXPERTS like donnie saw will show, reduce their confidence and you get what we saw early.

So the confidence issue to me was what the problem was, nothing to do with skill. In fact I'll say being that coach lacks bigman incorporation his lack of confidence just filters to the players lack of confidence.

I'm glad Moz made coach and some posters look dumb. Just like he took advantage, coach should see this as an opportunity to do the same.

He can change I have faith

iSaYughh

Starter
:agreed::agreed::agreed:

News Flash: Amare was Dantoni's center throughout his tour in Phoenix.
3 months of Shaq and Dantoni lose his Phoenix job.

Dantoni is the last coach u want coaching new and young players into the NBA. To this day Dantoni has not prove to me he is a NBA headcoach.
Its not what u know its who u know. :smokin:

The Knicks only signed two starters this offseason.
Truth be said, there are only 3 starters on the Knicks 15 man roster.
Amare/Chandler/Felton
Certain Knick players have a better performance coming off the bench. Turiaf, Mozgov, and AR are decent 20 minute bigmen off the bench.

Did anyone ever take the time to think about.....
Mozgov started out slow in this game the same as he started out slow at the beginning of the season with new teammates, new rules, new (enviroment) country, and a new STUPID wide-open system that is not made for a halfcourt setting center.
Early in the season Mozgov was receiving odd amount of minutes per game, 6 min, 10 min, 4 min, 17 min, 8 min, 12 minutes, which means Mozgov was only receiving 5 to 6 minutes straight on the court per quarter, playing only 2 quarters per game.
Last night Mozgov missed his first 4 shots in a 5 minute span..... we seen AR ready to come in to replace Mozgov, but Mozgov got fouled and went to the foul-line, so AR had to replace AMARE.
Mozgov had room to do Mozgov when AMARE left the court.

I read all the post and certain factors on Mozgov performance no one mention

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Would Fields and Williams disagree? Chandler, on cusp of a huge payday at a very young age with a bright future? Amare Stoudemire might disagree, too, no? Joe Johnson? Diaw? Felton?

The PHO Suns franchise? Steve Nash?

Toons

is the Bo$$
Ok, I'll give credit to the trainers/coaches, that's what they get paid for, isn't it?

But the buck stops there. The majority of the credit goes to the Gov for taking advantage of the opportunity, one that came as result of injury. Period.

Had coach played him before this, it would be debatable whether or not it was due to improvement in practice...

season opener in toronto....Moz starts....4 fouls in 7 minutes. 0-1, 3 rebs.
boston and portland, 16 & 17 mins respectively....Moz starts....combined 2-6, 4 rebs, 5 fouls combined.
10 mins, 14 mins, 23 mins, 15 m ins in the follwoing 4 games.
the november losing streak, moz lowest minute totals were 12 minutes.
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/timofey_mozgov/game_by_game_stats.html

As we won games, his minutes decreased.

Your argument holds for randolph, but timmy got his fair shot early on.
Its not debatable
his teammates said it was because of the HARD WORK he puts in with the trainers. The coach said it. Gallo and stat said it. so ill believe them over you and your speculation.

Reactions: pat

Toons

is the Bo$$
it cant just be confidence from a player, it has to be the trainers and coaches. how much confidence do you need when a team invests 6 million in you, and start you as a rookie right out the gate.

Toons

is the Bo$$
While most of his teammates still were in the locker room, their pregame rituals still some time away on one of the Knicks' recent trips, Timofey Mozgov and assistant coach Dan D'Antoni undertook a grueling rebounding drill.

D'Antoni, Mike's older brother, flung up deliberately missed shots and hollered at the 7-foot-1 Russian rookie to rebound them in what seemed a rudimentary exercise.

Yet, the idea was to teach Mozgov not only to go stronger after the ball, but to read it coming off the rim or glass, something that comes naturally to rebounders such as Kevin Love and David Lee.

The payoff came Sunday against the Pistons. With the Knicks short-handed up front, Mozgov grabbed 14 boards, five on offense.

That illustrated the value of the start-from-almost-scratch work the Knicks did with Mozgov after the rookie's three-week tenure as a starter out of the box resembled someone thrown into the water and unable to swim.
That's what all the bloggers and Tweeters who clamored for Mozgov's earlier return to the rotation didn't understand.

Mozgov arrived with many ingredients that could make him a better-than-average NBA big man (quick feet, a soft touch, hands that caught everything in preseason), but he wasn't close to a becoming a recipe.

Nor was his confidence, already a bit shaky and hurt by his early season failures, after which Mike D'Antoni admitted he and his staff "rushed" Mozgov into a game far different from the kind he played in Russia.
Sunday — when Mozgov also produced a sweet little 12-foot turnaround, plus a 19-footer illustrative of his offensive work with assistant Herb Williams — was only one game, of course.

And it came against a dreadful team missing Ben Wallace and playing big men such as rookie Greg Monroe and journeyman Chris Wilcox.

But it illustrated not only what Mozgov clearly needed, but the approach he took following his demotion.

"He had to get the jitterbugs out of the way," point guard Raymond Felton said.

"It all caught him by surprise when he first played," Amar'e Stoudemire said. "He started studying the game, started practicing a little bit more individually with the coaches, and it paid off."

"It's a prime example of [being] a professional," Felton said.

A professional rookie who demonstrated what a little hard work and patience can produce — and could yield in the future.

Toons

is the Bo$$
mozgov already got posterized by blake griffen, hsi car got into an accident....and before mozgov turned and looked at his bicycle again, dantoni took him to drivers ed. Point proven.

4 offensive rebounds?? lmao
when did this happen? what game were you watching?
randolph got the obvious rebounds that came to him, he just had to put his hands up.
stop being a box score geek and watch a frickin game!

He got the rebounds that came to him? LOL. I guess him positioning himself had nothing to do with it. I guess he was standing out at half court and the ball came off the rim, bounced over everybody else's head on the floor, and he caught it.

Why cant it be that AR just knows how to get boards? He has shown a propensity to rebound with G S. Whats different now?

skisloper

Starter
While most of his teammates still were in the locker room, their pregame rituals still some time away on one of the Knicks' recent trips, Timofey Mozgov and assistant coach Dan D'Antoni undertook a grueling rebounding drill.

D'Antoni, Mike's older brother, flung up deliberately missed shots and hollered at the 7-foot-1 Russian rookie to rebound them in what seemed a rudimentary exercise.

Yet, the idea was to teach Mozgov not only to go stronger after the ball, but to read it coming off the rim or glass, something that comes naturally to rebounders such as Kevin Love and David Lee.

The payoff came Sunday against the Pistons. With the Knicks short-handed up front, Mozgov grabbed 14 boards, five on offense.

That illustrated the value of the start-from-almost-scratch work the Knicks did with Mozgov after the rookie's three-week tenure as a starter out of the box resembled someone thrown into the water and unable to swim.
That's what all the bloggers and Tweeters who clamored for Mozgov's earlier return to the rotation didn't understand.

Mozgov arrived with many ingredients that could make him a better-than-average NBA big man (quick feet, a soft touch, hands that caught everything in preseason), but he wasn't close to a becoming a recipe.

Nor was his confidence, already a bit shaky and hurt by his early season failures, after which Mike D'Antoni admitted he and his staff "rushed" Mozgov into a game far different from the kind he played in Russia.
Sunday ? when Mozgov also produced a sweet little 12-foot turnaround, plus a 19-footer illustrative of his offensive work with assistant Herb Williams ? was only one game, of course.

And it came against a dreadful team missing Ben Wallace and playing big men such as rookie Greg Monroe and journeyman Chris Wilcox.

But it illustrated not only what Mozgov clearly needed, but the approach he took following his demotion.

"It all caught him by surprise when he first played," Amar'e Stoudemire said. "He started studying the game, started practicing a little bit more individually with the coaches, and it paid off."

A professional rookie who demonstrated what a little hard work and patience can produce ? and could yield in the future.

Before every single game the Knicks trainers do this with Mozgov.....Usually its Phil Webber throwing shots up and asking Timothy if he see's the rebound. trying to teach him the angles. Its kind of funny to watch. Its something you would do with a bunch of 10 year olds that you coach.

Sunday ? when Mozgov also produced a sweet little 12-foot turnaround, plus a 19-footer illustrative of his offensive work with assistant Herb Williams ? was only one game, of course.

A professional rookie who demonstrated what a little hard work and patience can produce ? and could yield in the future.

OK the kid worked hard. What exactly does that have to do with him being relegated to the bench for so long? What does that have to do with the fact that coach had no clue what Moz could offer? Afterall he said before the game that he was not going to upset his apple cart when everyone is healthy. Meaning Moz is going back to the bench.

Again, if Moz didnt have a great performance he was GOING BACK TO THE BENCH. His hard work wasnt going to payoff under Mike D. He wasnt in line to see any minutes. We've seen this act before from Mike D. Bigs get benched and thats where they stay.

Look there really is no debate here. Moz proved beyond a reasonable doubt that he could contribute. I'm just glad he got an opportunity to prove this with the Knicks, rather than some other team. Because we all know Mike D would have had him on the first trade out of town as soon as he was able to...

skisloper

Starter
Mozgov had one good game against detroit....Lets see what he does these next few game....

Just seems these D'Antonio haters would be hating on any coach.....never will anything be perfert thats just life...

Mozgov had one good game against detroit....Lets see what he does these next few game....

Just seems these D'Antonio haters would be hating on any coach.....never will anything be perfert thats just life...

I just hate the fact that from the outside looking in MDA never appreciates the assets his already has. It seems since he got here we're on a never ending search for a "BIG THAT FITS HIS SYSTEM PERFECTLY". There arent many STATS out there. Why not make the best out of what you have? Why not be more flexible?

MDA has run a few bigs out of town. He has permanently relegated Curry to the bench. He's ready to trade AR now, and I'm sure Moz isnt far behind. What exactly is going to make this coach happy? Ewing, Jabbar, Wilt, Hakeem?

Passedby

Rookie
Stop this madness, please !

This topic demands a closure.

Why we fans can't just sit down watching and rooting for our team, hope that our players will play well, our coaches will come up with a brilliant plan ?

We have the right to express our opinions, yes, but don't make a fuss, what for ?
You think you are a analysis specialist ? You think our players can figure out what to do without the coaching staff ? AND you think you're better than them - our coaches ?

We fans should stop asking the team to do this or that just because we think it's right, best thing is to keep hoping and contributing to the team (buy the tickets, jerseys...).

Finally, if you seriously want to change the way the team is running, you shouldn't be here posting junks.

Let our players play and let our coaches coach, please.

Toons

is the Bo$$
I just hate the fact that from the outside looking in MDA never appreciates the assets his already has. It seems since he got here we're on a never ending search for a "BIG THAT FITS HIS SYSTEM PERFECTLY". There arent many STATS out there. Why not make the best out of what you have? Why not be more flexible?

MDA has run a few bigs out of town. He has permanently relegated Curry to the bench. He's ready to trade AR now, and I'm sure Moz isnt far behind. What exactly is going to make this coach happy? Ewing, Jabbar, Wilt, Hakeem?

now thats an all time low clyde.....curry? now youre just reaching....

he's ready to trade AR for a first rounder if we trade for melo.....other than that, there hass been only good reports and fair assessments from the knicks camp on anthony.
Who said the coach isnt happy? you guys are idiots...

Toons

is the Bo$$
Just because he goes back to the bench doesnt mean he wont get his 10-15 minutes of PT that he earned. He came off the bench on his last team....whats the big deal of him going back to the bench in place of chandler and a more experienced turiaf?
Its a small sample against a bad team, and everyones all gung ho about how nba ready he is.....fukouttahere