NBA Elite 11 fails again

TunerAddict

Starter
yea pro evolution soccer. i havent played that game since it was called winning eleven loll, fifa's where its at soccer wise loll

and hopefully NBA 2k11 changes that cause im really looking forward to this feature

I can't stand Fifa...Arcade style game play is just so unappealing to me.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
unno i just love the fifa features loll, i have thought of getting pes only because they usually put the egyptian national team in the game loll.

Paul1355

All Star
I can't stand Fifa...Arcade style game play is just so unappealing to me.
arcade style? FIFA is the most realistic soccer franchise ever. I don't know one game that is as realistic with player movements, crowd reactions, atmosphere, abilities etc.

FIFA World Cup Africa is amazing, play that and then tell me if it is "arcade" style.

Toons

is the Bo$$
has anyone downloaded the 2k11 demo yet? it came out yesterday. one quarter at pro level, lakers vs celtics

Paul1355

All Star
hows the gameplay in it ??
amazing, the demo does not include the broadcasting so it is really just a slice of the real gameplay

The players shoot more like they actually do, i have an eariler post on the demo.

It should be available for free on playstation network.

smokes

Huge Member
I'm a bit late on this thread but here's my problems with 2k series:

My Player:

First off the fact that the coaches do such stupid things... Like putting you in at random positions and the AI players OMG... I was on the Knicks and we would regularly have Harrington playing C and bullshit like that. It's ridiculous because no matter how hard you play even if you make a score every trip up the floor, if you're behind in the 4th with some ridiculous lineup like that they will just score on you every time and you will lose. That was my biggest gripe.

Also I have no idea how people managed to play a full season on that mode. 82 games x 10-15 minutes or MORE if you edited the minutes to more than 5 per quarter. Seriously I got to like 25 games into the regular season and was bored out of my brain. Good idea for a game mode but really uninteresting. You should be able to SIM games in this mode.

Still it was the first year, so can't really complain.

Association:

This mode is just annoying. Teams do not play like they should at all. No matter what difficulty/roster settings I used I could never get a nice playing experience. I either blew out my opponents every game or got blown out. Maybe it's just me but I really would like to see a more even game. Also when you SIM a bunch of games in this mode the standings are just hilarious. Teams like LA/Boston/Magic/Cavs at .500 and teams like the Nets going 20-2... Too unrealistic for my tastes. Also CPU trades are appalling so you have to keep them switched off. They should add an option where you can play "commissioner" and veto trades that are too stupid.

Gameplay:

Some of the things can be pretty irritating. The game reading the sticks badly and giving you the wrong ISO move or not dunking when you have a clear lane etc. That stuff can land you in a bunch of trouble.

Having said all this, 2k is clearly miles ahead of EA with the NBA games. Just a few things that really wind me up.

Oh and also, the PC Online servers were NEVER up and they took 5 months to release the patch they released after 1 month for xbox/ps3 users... This was just ridiculous. I mean people pay for this game to be able to play online and can't, and then they are stuck with a buggy as shit game for ages.

Still, here's hoping for this year.

Paul1355

All Star
I'm a bit late on this thread but here's my problems with 2k series:

My Player:

First off the fact that the coaches do such stupid things... Like putting you in at random positions and the AI players OMG... I was on the Knicks and we would regularly have Harrington playing C and bullshit like that. It's ridiculous because no matter how hard you play even if you make a score every trip up the floor, if you're behind in the 4th with some ridiculous lineup like that they will just score on you every time and you will lose. That was my biggest gripe.

Also I have no idea how people managed to play a full season on that mode. 82 games x 10-15 minutes or MORE if you edited the minutes to more than 5 per quarter. Seriously I got to like 25 games into the regular season and was bored out of my brain. Good idea for a game mode but really uninteresting. You should be able to SIM games in this mode.

Still it was the first year, so can't really complain.

Association:

This mode is just annoying. Teams do not play like they should at all. No matter what difficulty/roster settings I used I could never get a nice playing experience. I either blew out my opponents every game or got blown out. Maybe it's just me but I really would like to see a more even game. Also when you SIM a bunch of games in this mode the standings are just hilarious. Teams like LA/Boston/Magic/Cavs at .500 and teams like the Nets going 20-2... Too unrealistic for my tastes. Also CPU trades are appalling so you have to keep them switched off. They should add an option where you can play "commissioner" and veto trades that are too stupid.

Gameplay:

Some of the things can be pretty irritating. The game reading the sticks badly and giving you the wrong ISO move or not dunking when you have a clear lane etc. That stuff can land you in a bunch of trouble.

Having said all this, 2k is clearly miles ahead of EA with the NBA games. Just a few things that really wind me up.

Oh and also, the PC Online servers were NEVER up and they took 5 months to release the patch they released after 1 month for xbox/ps3 users... This was just ridiculous. I mean people pay for this game to be able to play online and can't, and then they are stuck with a buggy as shit game for ages.

Still, here's hoping for this year.
well you did bring back some bad memories of when I played 2k10

Career mode does need an over haul.

I would also wonder about the stupid lineups, and how the coach would constantly being me out and in, one time i subbed in and out 5 times in 2 minutes...so yea i agree.

One thing that did realyl bother me was that you could not sim in career mode, in every single game with a career mode, you would be able to sim some games instead of playing every single game.

The association was the only real bright spot for me, atleast it was fun to develope and make a team but I do see what your saying about un realistic records. The Nets won the championship in two years in my association with the same lineup that stunk this year. Then the Pacers won it the next lol

All I can tell you is that I have seen videos of the career mode and played the demo.

From what I know, 2k sports has really focused on the career mode this year so those problems you mentioned should be fixed.

The gameplay on the demo was very realistic.
Players did their usually tendencies on and off the ball. Defense is easier and players don't just blow by you. Driving to the hoop results in the player going all the way either to draw the foul, lay up, or dunk...
i played the demo about 6 times and never had a moment were i drove to the hoop and my player shot a close shot when i intended a lay up.

If they can fix those issues then it really comes down to presentation, which 2k has upgraded and always does upgrade.

Career mode looks like a legit story mode.

smokes

Huge Member
well you did bring back some bad memories of when I played 2k10

Career mode does need an over haul.

I would also wonder about the stupid lineups, and how the coach would constantly being me out and in, one time i subbed in and out 5 times in 2 minutes...so yea i agree.

One thing that did realyl bother me was that you could not sim in career mode, in every single game with a career mode, you would be able to sim some games instead of playing every single game.

The association was the only real bright spot for me, atleast it was fun to develope and make a team but I do see what your saying about un realistic records. The Nets won the championship in two years in my association with the same lineup that stunk this year. Then the Pacers won it the next lol

All I can tell you is that I have seen videos of the career mode and played the demo.

From what I know, 2k sports has really focused on the career mode this year so those problems you mentioned should be fixed.

The gameplay on the demo was very realistic.
Players did their usually tendencies on and off the ball. Defense is easier and players don't just blow by you. Driving to the hoop results in the player going all the way either to draw the foul, lay up, or dunk...
i played the demo about 6 times and never had a moment were i drove to the hoop and my player shot a close shot when i intended a lay up.

If they can fix those issues then it really comes down to presentation, which 2k has upgraded and always does upgrade.

Career mode looks like a legit story mode.

Well those are nice. I just hope they fix the online servers for PC. That would be really nice.

Also, I noticed somewhere you were writing how disappointed you were with crowd reactions in 2k10. That really bothered me too. Does the crowd react well on big plays/clutch shots/gamewinners now? It was pretty damn hilarious when you hit a buzzer beater game winner in the NBA finals and the crowd was like *tumbleweed*

Haha

Paul1355

All Star
Well those are nice. I just hope they fix the online servers for PC. That would be really nice.

Also, I noticed somewhere you were writing how disappointed you were with crowd reactions in 2k10. That really bothered me too. Does the crowd react well on big plays/clutch shots/gamewinners now? It was pretty damn hilarious when you hit a buzzer beater game winner in the NBA finals and the crowd was like *tumbleweed*

Haha
lmao yea the crowds are better but i'm not sure about buzzer beaters and clutch shots like that since the demo is only the first 5 min of the 1st quarter and every video is only in the middle of games, not the end of them but I am sure 2k10 knows how bad their game was on buzzer beaters, it really took away the excitement.

I know in the demo, when i threw down a dunk the crowd got much louder and started chanting more. I bet they are doing what NHL 11 did which is have a normal crowd throughout the season and then once playoffs hit, the crowd reactions get crazier and louder.

The online was bad too, lagged a lot.

If anything will still be bad, it will be the online. It seems like 2k really focused on the single player aspects.

The online will prob be laggy and chopped up like usual.

Toons

is the Bo$$
My take on the NBA 2k11 demo

Its just a demo, but it looks amazing. I played with the Lakers, Kobe doesnt only have a signature jump shot, with the shot modifier (LT) he does signature fadeaways, signature leaners, signature pump fake and shot, signature gather, everything is exactly how he plays, his 3 point shot, even the way he throws a long heave from half court. Fisher was camping out at the 3 point line when he had the chance, Gasol made nice jump shots and was very crafty in the paint, artest was also looking for a 3 pont shot or trying to get open. The facial expressions are spot on, players faces react to every situation...the celtics also played exactly like their real life counterparts....rondo really exploited the use of his dribbling skills, and failed to hit any contested jump shot. This game is not a rookies game, its impossible to just run to the hoop for a dunk. That makes it more of a simulation to me, it also makes the few dunks more special....i didnt see the same dunk twice in about 3 times playing the demo.
i cant wait for the release
2 more weeks

Paul1355

All Star
NBA Elite delays launch-2k11 stands victorious

<style type="text/css">img.freeInsider { padding: 10px; }.post-wrapper ul li { list-style-type: none; }.mod-blog-post .insiderpost { border-top: 4px solid rgb(246, 158, 68); }.totalResults { float: left; }.controls { float: right; }.controls a { padding: 0pt; }.mod-footer { border-color: rgb(221, 221, 221); border-width: 1px; }body.insider #subheader #sub-branding { border-top: 4px solid rgb(246, 158, 68); }.blog #subheader #sub-branding { background: transparent url(http://a.espncdn.com/i/blog/thegamer_bg.jpg) repeat scroll 0% 0% ! important; -moz-background-clip: border ! important; -moz-background-origin: padding ! important; -moz-background-inline-policy: continuous ! important; }body.tier3 .bg-elements, .tier3-standard .bg-elements { background-image: url(http://a.espncdn.com/prod/assets/bg_tier3/elements/life.jpg) ! important; }</style> EA Sports Delays 'NBA Elite 11'

September, 28, 2010Sep 28
12:27
AM ET

By Jon Robinson

vg_nbaelite_1_576.jpg
<cite>EA Sports</cite>The once promising "NBA Elite" has now been delayed due to poor testing.
In a recent post, I asked whether or not EA Sports' new "NBA Elite" series even stood a chance against the awesome "NBA 2K11." Looks like EA Sports answered the question for me.
No.
In a shocking development, EA Sports announced today that less than a week until launch, they are delaying the release of "Elite."
In a statement sent to media, EA announced the following: "EA Sports has decided to delay next month's launch of 'NBA Elite 11.' 'NBA Jam' will launch on the Wii on October 5; we're also now going to ship 'NBA Jam' as a standalone product on the Xbox360 and PS3 in time for the holidays.
"We set ambitious goals for 'NBA Elite,' and we are creating a game that will introduce several breakthrough features that have been missing from the basketball genre. We are going to keep working until we're certain we can deliver a breakthrough basketball experience. We feel this is in the best interest of our consumers, our company and our shareholders."
This is devastating news to EA Sports, leaving "NBA 2K11" as the only basketball simulation on the market for what looks like months while EA retools what was once promised to be the most innovative basketball game the genre has seen in years. And now that "NBA Jam" is releasing on its own for the 360 and PS3 rather than being bundled with "Elite," that also can't bode well for sales down the road.
On the other hand, from what I've played of the most recent "NBA Elite" build, these extra months are sorely needed as the game is filled with the kinds of glitches (think three-point accuracy similar to "Double Dribble") that would've frustrated basketball gamers beyond belief, maybe even to the point of never returning to the brand. At least this way, if the producers get the extra time they need, maybe they can at least offer a fun alternative to "2K11" sometime in the near future.
Added EA Sports president Peter Moore via his blog: "For 'NBA Live 10' players, we will continue to offer free content and services throughout the 2010-11 season. We will start with a new roster update so you get all the players for the new season, free of charge. We will also provide free Dynamic DNA updates, daily, for the entire season. That's a full season of basketball with new rosters and updates, free.
"The decision to delay 'NBA Elite' was hard because the game has great promise. But ultimately we feel this is the right thing to do. We've been making steady progress on basketball for the past few years and it's going to take extra time to make the game.
"Why make this decision now? As with all of our titles, we continue to evaluate and improve the code right up until launch. Feedback from consumers is a very important part of the process ... 'NBA Elite' had the benefit of play-testing, a demo and a lot of our own research. All that feedback revealed some concerns about gameplay polish, so we've listened to your feedback, and made a judgment that the game would benefit from more time in development.
"I want to thank our 'NBA Elite' development team for their efforts to meet this year's lofty goals, and we're behind them as they continue their work. While no one is happy with this delay, we appreciate the support and ongoing feedback from our fans. We'll have more information coming soon."

clumsy

Rotation player
What are they talking about. Every single player dribbles the same and has the same general build....lmao there are like 3 skin tones in that game, PS2 stuff....it will take more than a month to fix it.

They should probably just scrap the franchise, cuz it loses every year to 2k in basketball. They should stick to making Madden even better....which was hands down better than NFL 2k

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Honestly EA Sports (makers of Live/Elite) should have taken this year off. Then come back next year with Nba Elite 2012. Live is so much behind 2k that its not even funny. If Live/Elite had an extra year of development, I think the game would be much better for it.

But now...looks like this series is in flux.