nets think they're out of the running for lbj.

LeFlume

All Star
At least Brook Lopez is a true ceneter. Not a 4/5 guy. I give him that but I don't see him up there in that elite group. I'm not sure he is a better center than Al Horford or Joakim Noah.

JayJ44

Starter
Lee? aren't we a litte bit bias now Metro? :beer:

I dunno...dude averages 19 and 10 with great passing and court vision. Obviously his defense leaves something to be desired, but his offensive and rebounding make him one of the best big men in the league.

LeFlume

All Star
Statisticly he is up there but stats is for fantasy owners. We're all about winning basketball games here. :beer:

JayJ44

Starter
Statisticly he is up there but stats is for fantasy owners. We're all about winning basketball games here. :beer:

True, but it's kinda hard to fault Lee for not winning basketball games when he's been surrounded by ass for pretty much his entire career.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
What does that have to do with anything that I said? I don't disagree that the Nets team that are under contract for 2010-11 is better than ours. But they still can't win games...

Ok. I don't follow your logic. You've lost me.

Explain again why free agents would sign with the Knicks over the Nets?

richtree

Rotation player
Nets announced yesterday they were having problems getting the move completed to Brooklyn and may have to move it back another year,. also, they were trying to play in Newark until then.....

the Nets are in bad financially and the IZOD center isn't helping.

They will have the number one pick and and Overpaid Devin Harris.

Look for a trade, the Nets to postpone the move and no free agent will want to play there., thats for sure.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Brook Lopez is a future All Star. I have seen him play several times, because I live in New York and have YES! Network.

Lopez can post up, shoot jump shots, rebound, block shots, shoot free throws, and get lots of dunks.

He is definitely one of the elite centers.

As long as Lopez doesn't get hurt, he will at worst be as good as
Zydrunas Ilgauskas(a two time All Star that made the Finals in 07) and at best Yao Ming or Pau Gasol. I'm not saying he will get there. He may get injured or get lazy. But if he stays focused, he can be that good.

smokes

Huge Member
Ok. I don't follow your logic. You've lost me.

Explain again why free agents would sign with the Knicks over the Nets?

Because they are 3-40 this season with that lineup... what's hard to follow about that? :S

I understand your point, that once we lose our 2009-10 contracted players we are way worse than the Nets, but we SHOULD be worse than them right now. Their lineup on paper is better than ours yet we outperform them by a huge margin.

ANU

Starter
1. Dwight Howard
2. Tim Duncan
3. Amare Stoudimire
4. Yao Ming
5. Pau Gasol
6. Al Jefferson
7. David Lee
8. Elton Brand
9. Chris Kaman
10. Brook Lopez
11. Andrew Bynum
amar'e at 3? I'm gonna go get something to drink, come back and read this post so i can spit it out.

jpz17

Starter
amar'e at 3? I'm gonna go get something to drink, come back and read this post so i can spit it out.

Nice. Insults. The best way to debate! :alert: Not!

Amare is still injured from last year's injury.. and if you disagree prove me wrong.. Please

how did this turn into a top center in the league thread lol.

All I am saying is 3-40 regardless of injuries is pretty bad man. I mean its not like alot of other teams dont go through injuries, the bucks have been playing with out their leading scorer all year and look, you dont see them going 3-40, the pistons have lost both of their floor leaders and have a better record than the nets, the wizards have gone through as much trauma as possible and lost their leading scorer and have a better record than the nets. The pacers went how many games with out granger and still have a better record than the nets. there are no excuses the nets are a terrible basketball team with over rated players. Lopez would not be averaging 19-9 on a superior basketball team, just like devin harris isnt an all star on a superior basketball team. Carlos lee is not that good, he looked good with the magic because he had no pressure, chris douglas roberts again would not be putting up those numbers on a superior basketball team. The nets are not as good as the knicks, and if people want to argue that they are then they should go to the netsonline.com forums if there is one and root for a 3-40 team.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Brook Lopez is a future All Star. I have seen him play several times, because I live in New York and have YES! Network.

Lopez can post up, shoot jump shots, rebound, block shots, shoot free throws, and get lots of dunks.

He is definitely one of the elite centers.

As long as Lopez doesn't get hurt, he will at worst be as good as
Zydrunas Ilgauskas(a two time All Star that made the Finals in 07) and at best Yao Ming or Pau Gasol. I'm not saying he will get there. He may get injured or get lazy. But if he stays focused, he can be that good.

He is not an elite center...YET. Your right he probably will be a future pereniall all-star (most likely the guy voted behind Howard every year). It is not right to call him an elite center yet. ELITE centers don't have their teams competing for a 3-40 record. Is he good? Hell yea hes good. Hes just not ELITE yet.

@ metro...Lopez isnt the fourth best center in the league yet. Next year he'll definetely be a top 5 center because he'll have a good team and more experience. Now, hes a budding "star", hes not a star yet.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
1. Dwight Howard
2. Tim Duncan
3. Pau Gasol
4. Amare Stoudemire
5. David Lee
6. Chris Kaman
7. Al Jefferson
8. Andrew Bynum
9. Brook Lopez
10. Marc Gasol
11. Andrea Bargnani

That's mine for the year so far.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
1. Dwight Howard
2. Tim Duncan
3. Pau Gasol
4. Amare Stoudemire
5. David Lee
6. Chris Kaman
7. Al Jefferson
8. Andrew Bynum
9. Brook Lopez
10. Marc Gasol
11. Andrea Bargnani

That's mine for the year so far.

The guy (Clumsy) said centers, this is full of power forwards, i.e. Tim Duncan, Laman, David Lee (playing out of position), Pau, Al Jefferson, Amare Stoudamire.

Remove those and this is your list:

1. Chris Kaman
2. Andrew Bynum
3. Brook Lopez

And Pau busted Howard's ass in the finals. Until he gets him back, Dwight has to go below Pau, IMO, on any list.

jpz17

Starter
The guy (Clumsy) said centers, this is full of power forwards, i.e. Tim Duncan, Laman, David Lee (playing out of position), Pau, Al Jefferson, Amare Stoudamire.

Remove those and this is your list:

1. Chris Kaman
2. Andrew Bynum
3. Brook Lopez

And Pau busted Howard's ass in the finals. Until he gets him back, Dwight has to go below Pau, IMO, on any list.

It doesn't matter.. all that matters is who can play the center position better.. it doesn't matter what they play right now it is what they could potentially play

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
not if the ruskie buys the team... he has more $$$ then cuban, and more $$$ then the dolans, i think more $$$ then both combined...

not that $$$ matters in the nba with a cap

It definetely does, means he won't mind paying luxury tax. That would mean he wouldn't have to trade away draft picks to clear cap room (i.e Phoenix Suns) or trade good talent for nothing.