nets think they're out of the running for lbj.

ANU

Starter
Nice. Insults. The best way to debate! :alert: Not!

Amare is still injured from last year's injury.. and if you disagree prove me wrong.. Please

:teeth:

that was the sorta response you'd get from a chick so I'm not gonna argue with you.the idea of amar'e being a top 3 frontcourt player in the nba is hilarious.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
It doesn't matter.. all that matters is who can play the center position better.. it doesn't matter what they play right now it is what they could potentially play

I believe Brook just busted Kaman's ass, if I'm not mistaken.

And so, going by your logic, should we include Nate Robinson on H20's list, since he might in some twilight zone world be played at center, seeing as he only plays guard right now?

Bottom line: Brook is a center, not a power forward. And there is a difference. You can't put power forwards on a list with him. If you are going to put power forwards on a ranked list, you have to be crazy/h20rulez not to include Chris Bosh, Garnett, Randolph and other marquis PFs.

BTW, aren't you the same cat that said that "Ewing isn't a coach?" You say that while sporting a go JJ Redick Sig? I blame you for being lame fool. SMH @ your D'antoni avatar, too.

You get no respect from any real Knick fan for that. You will never escape that bitch ass quote.

Lopez is the future. He's just too tan for you, I guess.

Last edited:

jpz17

Starter
I believe Brook just busted Kaman's ass, if I'm not mistaken.

And so, going by your logic, should we include Nate Robinson on H20's list, since he might in some twilight zone world be played at center, seeing as he only plays guard right now?

Bottom line: Brook is a center, not a power forward. And there is a difference. You can't put power forwards on a list with him. If you are going to put power forwards on a ranked list, you have to be crazy/h20rulez not to include Chris Bosh, Garnett, Randolph and other marquis PFs.

BTW, aren't you the same cat that said that "Ewing isn't a coach?" You say that while sporting a go JJ Redick Sig? I blame you for being lame fool. SMH @ your D'antoni avatar, too.

You get no respect from any real Knick fan for that. You will never escape that bitch ass quote.

Lopez is the future. He's just too tan for you, I guess.

My favorite parts of basketball:
JJ Redick
Mike D'Antoni :thumbsup:

I'm a Duke fan before I'm a Knicks fan though.. College bball is much better IMO

jpz17

Starter
:teeth:

that was the sorta response you'd get from a chick so I'm not gonna argue with you.the idea of amar'e being a top 3 frontcourt player in the nba is hilarious.

No I'd say it is someone with morals' response

ANU

Starter
That comment right there will end my argument
because "morals" have jackshit to do with debating one particular player's place in our best frontcourt players argument? why is amar'e 3 in your top "centers" list? because he knows jesus?

johnstarky

Rotation player
Amare Stoudamire might be the player in the NBA with the most difficult last name to spell but he is the greatest center in the NBA right now.If he were to go up against Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in their prime he would make each one of them look like Eddy Curry on defense.

Why talk about a topic that is relevant to the Knicks future when we could talk about other centers that play in the NBA? How about that stud from Toronto named Bosh? Raptor fans would consider it blasphemy if you didn't include his name in your list of elite big men.

Did I forget to mention that Mike D'antoni is the best coach to ever touch the floor of Madison Square Garden? This guy is so good of a coach that they should change his name to St.D'antoni.I'm so glad we have this man as our coach and not a coach that teaches his players meaningless things like defense.

p0nder

Starter
Bosh is one of the best and he's having a monster year. I don't know where people lose him in the big man argument. Is it cause he's playing in canada?
I'd put him in the top three big men right now. behind D. Howard and Pau gasol. His numbers this year and over his career are better then Stoudamire's and he's a better defender.

Anyways this topic is wayyy off the rails.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Amare is overrated and injury prone. His best years are behind him and is now in decline. He cannot create his own shots and relies on Nash to get him his looks.

Amare-Nash = an overpaid Verajao with injuries.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
how did this turn into a top center in the league thread lol.

All I am saying is 3-40 regardless of injuries is pretty bad man. I mean its not like alot of other teams dont go through injuries, the bucks have been playing with out their leading scorer all year and look, you dont see them going 3-40, the pistons have lost both of their floor leaders and have a better record than the nets, the wizards have gone through as much trauma as possible and lost their leading scorer and have a better record than the nets. The pacers went how many games with out granger and still have a better record than the nets. there are no excuses the nets are a terrible basketball team with over rated players. Lopez would not be averaging 19-9 on a superior basketball team, just like devin harris isnt an all star on a superior basketball team. Carlos lee is not that good, he looked good with the magic because he had no pressure, chris douglas roberts again would not be putting up those numbers on a superior basketball team. The nets are not as good as the knicks, and if people want to argue that they are then they should go to the netsonline.com forums if there is one and root for a 3-40 team.

And once again I am saying the Knicks in the offseason are worse than the Nets. Much worse.

You have to take away Lee, Harrington, Duhon, Nate and Hughes from our roster because all of them will be gone.

Do you honestly think a Douglas, Jeffries, Curry, Hill, Chandler and Gallo roster is better than the Nets? Oh right, you're the one that said we would go 45-37. lol.

KBlack25

Starter
Amare is overrated and injury prone. His best years are behind him and is now in decline. He cannot create his own shots and relies on Nash to get him his looks.

I agree with you but in D'Antoni's system, Amare seems to flourish. He knows that, Mike knows that and Suns management knows that.

If the Knicks can run a fast paced offense (see: get themselves a fast paced PG), Stoudemire can put up numbers in this system, I believe. But in any other system, he's garbage. As the Suns move away from the SSOL and into a more half court offense, we will see his numbers decline. That is, unless, he can get to the Knicks. I believe (and I think Amar'e believes) he can put up numbers in NY.

jpz17

Starter

that overpaid Varejao is 26-21

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I agree with you but in D'Antoni's system, Amare seems to flourish. He knows that, Mike knows that and Suns management knows that.

If the Knicks can run a fast paced offense (see: get themselves a fast paced PG), Stoudemire can put up numbers in this system, I believe. But in any other system, he's garbage. As the Suns move away from the SSOL and into a more half court offense, we will see his numbers decline. That is, unless, he can get to the Knicks. I believe (and I think Amar'e believes) he can put up numbers in NY.

But if Amar'e does get dealt to NY before the upcoming deadline, what will we exchange for him?

He's at $16m+ with a player option for next season.

The Suns would want Lee no doubt. Not worth losing Lee and an extra body IMO.

And, can we still deal Mobley's contract? It'd be better by now to hang on to its insurance wouldn't it?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
that overpaid Varejao is 26-21

Yea with Nash and a solid squad...I made that comment assuming that if the Knicks picked him up it would be without Nash or any PG approaching that caliber.

He is a max contract player with Nash running point yet averages:

2009-10 STATS
PPG RPG BPG
20.6 8.4 1

David Lee a non max player, home grown talent who is not injury prone and is younger with Duhon feeding him the ball averages:

PPG RPG BPG
19.4 11.4 0.3

Please justify why in the world we would ever take Amare, his contract, his unproven ability without Nash and his micro fracture injury to add 1.2 ppg and .7 blocks while losing 3 rebounds per game. Simply put...NO!

EDIT*** add to the fact that Lee is still getting better while Amare has already peaked and its clear Amre is not the way to go.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Amare Stoudamire might be the player in the NBA with the most difficult last name to spell but he is the greatest center in the NBA right now.If he were to go up against Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in their prime he would make each one of them look like Eddy Curry on defense.

Why talk about a topic that is relevant to the Knicks future when we could talk about other centers that play in the NBA? How about that stud from Toronto named Bosh? Raptor fans would consider it blasphemy if you didn't include his name in your list of elite big men.

Did I forget to mention that Mike D'antoni is the best coach to ever touch the floor of Madison Square Garden? This guy is so good of a coach that they should change his name to St.D'antoni.I'm so glad we have this man as our coach and not a coach that teaches his players meaningless things like defense.

Is this a joke? I hope so! Even if it were true it has nothing to do with the topic or his value when compared to modern players.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Originally Posted by johnstarky
Not only is that ridiculous, but it's the equivalent of comparing 2 cars from the same eras.

Best center in the game? I think Dwight Howard should decide to enter the dunk comp this year and win the title as he dunks on a 13 foot hoop with his nuts in your mouth.

EDIT: Just jokes dude.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Lets look at some other stats comparing Lee and Amare:
Lee Amare

FG%: 55.4 55.4
FT% 78.5 75.8 (Amare leads in attempted/made though)
Steals: 1.0 .74

Combine that with the other stats I provided and they are comparable players this year with Lee getting the edge. I truly believe if Nash was running the point instead of Duhon that Lee would be blowing away Amare's stats. Add to that their contracts, age and injuries and it's clear David Lee is the superior value and therefore the superior player.