Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Marc Gasol

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Samuel Dalembert

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • David Lee!!!

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
This thread is all about finding a center.

And don't just say "Duh I wana DeAndre Jordan or Marc Gasol!!!!!!!!"

Explain how we would get one salary cap wise.

I mean personally unlike Marc Gasol, I think DeAndre Jordan is possible. He's a restricted FA and we have some cap. I think he would take like a million or 2 pay cut to get off the Clippers and onto a championship contender alongside Melo and Amare, And if we need to clear a little extra space to sign him we can always trade someone for a draft pick like Chintown did last year with Kirk Hinrich.

Then maybe we can also get Dalembert for the mle....giving us enough big men to compete with LA and Boston. We would have...

DeAndre Jordan
Ronny Turiaf
Samuel Dalembert
Jared Jeffries
And maybe even Jerome Jordan...

KingofNy

Starter
Yao Ming is the missing center piece of this Knick team.

Yao Ming in his prime would of been great but the guy can't even make it through a game. I honestly think his NBA career is pretty much over. I wouldn't mind taking a shot on him on the cheap as a backup but definitely wouldn't want to risk any cap room on him.

knicksin60

Starter
Yao Ming in his prime would of been great but the guy can't even make it through a game. I honestly think his NBA career is pretty much over. I wouldn't mind taking a shot on him on the cheap as a backup but definitely wouldn't want to risk any cap room on him.

The Rockets are a team that is looking to rebuild.They have no need for a player who is already in his early 30's and has a history of injuries.The Knicks should offer him a minimum contract for 2 years after the season and hire the best medical staff in the NY Metropolitan area.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
MDA is changing his style, and we are slowing the pace, but Yao would not be able to keep up. Min contract may be alright. Samuel Dalambert seems like the most logical choice should their be an MLE. If there is no exception, Knicks will have some problems. Jordan and Gasol will be looking around the 10 mil mark....way out of our price range.

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
MDA is changing his style, and we are slowing the pace, but Yao would not be able to keep up. Min contract may be alright. Samuel Dalambert seems like the most logical choice should their be an MLE. If there is no exception, Knicks will have some problems. Jordan and Gasol will be looking around the 10 mil mark....way out of our price range.

NO WAY IN HELL Jordan deserves a 10mil/year contract. He has NOT put up number deserving of that. ANY team who gives him that is a complete fool of a front office. 5 - 7 mil is a little more reasonable for a player with his resume.

Gasol on the other hand will command more than 10mil/year. I think he shoots for 12mil and probably gets it from somebody. Shit the dumb Russian might give it to him just to keep him out of our hands.

Now that I think of it he would probably give DeAndre the 10mil just to keep him away from us.

KnicksFan17

Benchwarmer
I don't think Yao would fit into the system, but he'd definitely be good as a backup that we could use to defend bigs like Howard.

STAT1

Starter
I would love to get Deandre but I don't think we're signing any significant FA's this summer. We're probably gonna go the 1 year stopgap route again to keep the flexibility to go after a bigger name in 2012. I'm thinking names like Jeff Foster or Etan Thomas will be the types of role players to be targetted on a low money or 1 year deal. Maybe MDA might lobby for Donnie to re-sign Jeffries to a contract extension. He seems to like him a lot.

moneyg

Starter
This thread is all about finding a center.

And don't just say "Duh I wana DeAndre Jordan or Marc Gasol!!!!!!!!"

Explain how we would get one salary cap wise.

I mean personally unlike Marc Gasol, I think DeAndre Jordan is possible. He's a restricted FA and we have some cap. I think he would take like a million or 2 pay cut to get off the Clippers and onto a championship contender alongside Melo and Amare, And if we need to clear a little extra space to sign him we can always trade someone for a draft pick like Chintown did last year with Kirk Hinrich.

Then maybe we can also get Dalembert for the mle....giving us enough big men to compete with LA and Boston. We would have...

DeAndre Jordan
Ronny Turiaf
Samuel Dalembert
Jared Jeffries
And maybe even Jerome Jordan...

there is relistically no way for us to get dandre jordan unless he take a MLE.. if there is one.... or we buy out billups.. either way we would be robbing peter to pay paul.. id rather keep billups....i do not think dadre will take the MLE.. our only hope might be dalembert at this point... or see how jerome jordan develops.. its that simple....

to preserve 2012 cap space ....one idea...since kamans and foyes deal expires after next year.. we can probably swing a trade for them.. but we would have to give up billups...the clippers would buy out billups for 4 mil and have money to resign dandre.... billups can then resign with us.....im not a big fan of kaman anymore (tooo injury prone)... but its an idea/option

this would preserve cap space for 2012 and fill too needs a center and pg and hopefully bring back billups for next year....

there is relistically no way for us to get dandre jordan unless he take a MLE.. if there is one.... or we buy out billups.. either way we would be robbing peter to pay paul.. id rather keep billups....i do not think dadre will take the MLE.. our only hope might be dalembert at this point... or see how jerome jordan develops.. its that simple....

to preserve 2012 cap space ....one idea...since kamans and foyes deal expires after next year.. we can probably swing a trade for them.. but we would have to give up billups...the clippers would buy out billups for 4 mil and have money to resign dandre.... billups can then resign with us.....im not a big fan of kaman anymore (tooo injury prone)... but its an idea/option

this would preserve cap space for 2012 and fill too needs a center and pg and hopefully bring back billups for next year....

Well as it stands we have 6 Mill in cap room? Toney Douglas's Contract is worth like 2 mill next year? We could always trade him for a future 1st and use the cash to add on to DeAndre's Salary.

moneyg

Starter
Well as it stands we have 6 Mill in cap room? Toney Douglas's Contract is worth like 2 mill next year? We could always trade him for a future 1st and use the cash to add on to DeAndre's Salary.

currently.. if we keep billups.. we are over the 58 mil cap for 2011... TD salary is about 1.2 mil for 2011

turiaf.. (PO) for 4.4 mil which he will pick up.. which is why i wanted to trade him to free up the cap space....and we could have replace him with Baron

LJ4ptplay

Starter
This summer we will have $59.65 mil in salary for 8 roster spots. With our 1st round pick (guaranteed money) and the remaining roster spots needed to fill the 12 player minimum, we are well above $60 mil in team salary.

Even if we drop players like Toney Douglas, which would be stupid because of how much he contributes to this team with such a small salary, we would still be over the cap, depending on what the cap will be, of course.

Our only hopes of adding anything of significance to this roster are the MLE, minimum vets or a dramatic increase in the cap.

There is a lot of talk of doing away with the MLE in the new CBA so this is of some concern. Plus, I don't think we would even use it since it seems our goal is to still preserve cap space for 2012 and giving a player a multi-year MLE deal would eat into this space.

Basically, unless there is a dramatic increase in the cap, look for the team we have now to be very similar to the team we have next year.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
This summer we will have $59.65 mil in salary for 8 roster spots. With our 1st round pick (guaranteed money) and the remaining roster spots needed to fill the 12 player minimum, we are well above $60 mil in team salary.

Even if we drop players like Toney Douglas, which would be stupid because of how much he contributes to this team with such a small salary, we would still be over the cap, depending on what the cap will be, of course.

Our only hopes of adding anything of significance to this roster are the MLE, minimum vets or a dramatic increase in the cap.

There is a lot of talk of doing away with the MLE in the new CBA so this is of some concern. Plus, I don't think we would even use it since it seems our goal is to still preserve cap space for 2012 and giving a player a multi-year MLE deal would eat into this space.

Basically, unless there is a dramatic increase in the cap, look for the team we have now to be very similar to the team we have next year.

★★★★★...............

We could do a S&T and trade Turiaf to the Clippers for him? then we would still have,

(im hoping we trade Andy Rautins to the Craptors for a 2nd rounder)

PG: Chauncy Billups
SG: Landry Fields
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Amare Stoudemire
C: DeAndre Jordan

BENCH

G Toney Douglas
C Jared Jeffries
F Shawne Williams
G Roger Mason
G/F Bill Walker
C Jerome Jordan
F Renaldo Balkman
1st round pick
2nd round pick

LJ4ptplay

Starter
We could do a S&T and trade Turiaf to the Clippers for him? then we would still have,

BENCH

G Toney Douglas
C Jared Jeffries
F Shawne Williams
G Roger Mason
G/F Bill Walker
C Jerome Jordan
F Renaldo Balkman
1st round pick
2nd round pick

Ronny Turiaf makes $4.3 mil next year. I don't see Deandre Jordan taking that kind of money. He will be receiving much better offers. And I don't see the Clippers making that deal either. They can get a lot better than Turiaf in a sign-and-trade.

I'm sorry to be such a downer, dude. But I think you need to get it out of your head that we can get Jordan this summer. I just don't see it being feasible.

moneyg

Starter
Ronny Turiaf makes $4.3 mil next year. I don't see Deandre Jordan taking that kind of money. He will be receiving much better offers. And I don't see the Clippers making that deal either. They can get a lot better than Turiaf in a sign-and-trade.

I'm sorry to be such a downer, dude. But I think you need to get it out of your head that we can get Jordan this summer. I just don't see it being feasible.

basically......i discussed in my thread

http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10066

moneyg

Starter

BENCH

G Toney Douglas
C Jared Jeffries
F Shawne Williams
G Roger Mason
G/F Bill Walker
C Jerome Jordan
F Renaldo Balkman
1st round pick
2nd round pick

i discussed in my thread

http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10066

Well, I hope Turiaf doesn't pick up his player option in hopes of being a starter somewhere in the league @ his natural PF position. That would save the Knicks about 4 million. Chances of that happening are slim to none though.

Do we have a 1st round draft pick this year? If so, you never know, we could land a stel during the 1st round. Landry was a steal in the 2nd so maybe we strike gold with a big man during the draft.

I follow St.Johns & FSU, but I'm just a casual NCAA fan... It's just hard to keep up with new teams & new players each & every year. Who are the top 6 Centers in college Basketball ball? March Madness is right around the corner, following the top 6 centers will spice things up for me during the tourney.

moneyg

Starter
Well, I hope Turiaf doesn't pick up his player option in hopes of being a starter somewhere in the league @ his natural PF position. That would save the Knicks about 4 million. Chances of that happening are slim to none though.

Do we have a 1st round draft pick this year? If so, you never know, we could land a stel during the 1st round. Landry was a steal in the 2nd so maybe we strike gold with a big man during the draft.

I follow St.Johns & FSU, but I'm just a casual NCAA fan... It's just hard to keep up with new teams & new players each & every year. Who are the top 6 Centers in college Basketball ball? March Madness is right around the corner, following the top 6 centers will spice things up for me during the tourney.

we do have a first round pick.. we will proably be picking around 20..

there arent any real centers there for the picking..

id suggest kenneth faried..PF...
at the pg spot...

we have to settle on kemab walker..or the duke kid ..smith..

but thats for another thread...

Wargames

Starter
while the Clippers have money to make moves, they have been playing Kaman more which is a sign they probably plan to pay him to stay. Also I said this before since De'Andre was drafted in the second round all any team other than the Clippers can offer him is the MLE which is about 5 million a year. Thats about right for him if you believe he will improve with age (honestly it could be overpaying him as well). So the Knicks can make a run for him unless the Clippers give him Perkins money. We could sign him then attempt to move Turiaf for a future pick or another player if we want to save cash making his acquisition only a 1-2 million dollar increase in payroll.

S&T is another option maybe we acquire a future low 1st pick from Orlando for Turiaf and send that too the Clippers

Last edited: