Official LeBron James Thread

Paul1355

All Star
I was in espn's daily dime live room to see what they were saying about lebron etc.. and i came across this and it annoys me:

"Comment From Ric Mestre]
Kevin,whats the deal with the Knicks? I KNOW they're out of the LeBron sweeps, who do you see them picking up? And if they dont make an impact this summer,is it an epic fail for Donnie Walsh and Dolan?
8:35

Kevin Arnovitz: Ric:
I'm concerned for the Knicks. If Bosh ends up somewhere other than MIA or CHI, and we assume that Boozer and Amare end up in those two places. What does that leave the Knicks with? "
only Lebron knows what he will do...im getting tired of trusting other sources because the more sources u trust the more wild your choice will turn out.

metrocard

Legend
According to sources, LeBron James has been highly involved in all of the meetings and has asked direct questions and challenged each team.

James began free agency by meeting with the Nets and Knicks on Thursday, followed by the Heat and Clippers on Friday, and finally the Cavaliers and Bulls on Saturday.

James has remained non-committal to any team.

James is believed to be choosing between Chicago and Cleveland.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...nged_each_team_during_meetings/#ixzz0shucdVIz

Apart of me as a Knicks fan has a lot of PRIDE, and that pride is pushing me away from LeBron...I can't stand his prima-donna agenda....dude thinks he's God...he should just be privileged that he has this opportunity when other people in the world are suffering...smh.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Apart of me as a Knicks fan has a lot of PRIDE, and that pride is pushing me away from LeBron...I can't stand his prima-donna agenda....dude thinks he's God...he should just be privileged that he has this opportunity when other people in the world are suffering...smh.

Because he challenged each team? That's called doing your due diligence, lol. If you're getting ready to join an organization and you don't ask the tough questions...you're a fool. The fact that he challenged each team to see where they stand means he doesn't really have his mind made up and he's weighing his options based on basketball related info.

Hell, even highly sought after high school recruits ask the recruiters and coaches tough questions if they're choosing between the likes of USC, Florida, Texas, etc. You don't just wake up one morning and say "eenie meanie miny moe" and pick one...at least if you don't if you have half of a brain cell and take yourself seriously.

mafra

Legend

You can say this about Wade-Bosh. Those tools are tweeting and having camera crews follow their every move throughout this enitre process. These are the cock teases....

As for Lebron, we really do not know what is true (from all the crap swirling around and "supposedly" from his camp lately).

I'll give him a pass until we get the real-deal on what went down.

Now, when I heard about the NIKE stuff (the Lebron '10 free agent tour line of shoes) I started to fret. Maybe he did have these grand plans for this Summer.... Maybe Lebron was/is fortune enough to have someone with common sense in his camp who talked him out of some extravagant perp walk around the country.

Maybe he was talked out of this for slefish reasons though, b/c his people want him to remain in CLE.

WHATEVER the reason and whatever the intent.... If it was Maverick Carter, his agent, his mother, or LJ himself.... Staying put in CLE, meeting with 2 teams a day for 3 days, taking the 4th to contemplate (and hopefully making a decision by Mon-Tue-Wed.... This is the smartest thing I've seen an athlete do in a while.

A stroke of genius. He was all biz about this. Short and sweet too! I can do nothing but offer credit to LJ for how he's handled himself.

marvemarv

Rookie
Patrick Ewing quote:

"Here's how I see it: Let's just assume the Clips and Nets are out of this thing cause ...well... they're the Clips and the Nets. And let's assume the Cavs are the frontrunners for the obvious reasons (he can get the most money, he's loyal to his hometown, they won 60-plus games 2 years in a row, etc.) that leaves the Knicks, Heat, and Bulls as the teams with an outside chance of landing LeBron. Were's what NY has going for it over MIA and CHI: If Amare is on board, he's currently the best big man on any of the 3 rosters. And even if the other teams pick up Bosh, you could still argue that Amare is every bit as dominant (see 2nd half of last season). I don't why people talk about Gallo as if he's just a 3-point guy. But he's definitely more Dirk than Frye. And he's 21, competitive and improving. Noah is OK but he's as good now as he will be in 3 years. As for the pg, Rose is great... and a waste of talent and cap space if teamed up with LeBron. There's a reason LBJ, Kobe, and MJ have never played with a top pg.... they don't need one. The offense will always flow through their hands. Douglas is more than capable of bringing the ball up, hitting the open shot, and playing solid d. Chandler is talented, as is Walker, and should have big years with a dominant player to free them up a bit. Lastly, you can't kill D'Antoni unless you want to kill mgmt for putting them in the running for James."
:agreed:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back

my point exactly, the more i think about it the less i want him. Cant wait to build a team that ousts him every year. first piece is already set, Amare Stoudemire.:cool:

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
"Here's how I see it: Let's just assume the Clips and Nets are out of this thing cause ...well... they're the Clips and the Nets. And let's assume the Cavs are the frontrunners for the obvious reasons (he can get the most money, he's loyal to his hometown, they won 60-plus games 2 years in a row, etc.) that leaves the Knicks, Heat, and Bulls as the teams with an outside chance of landing LeBron. Were's what NY has going for it over MIA and CHI: If Amare is on board, he's currently the best big man on any of the 3 rosters. And even if the other teams pick up Bosh, you could still argue that Amare is every bit as dominant (see 2nd half of last season). I don't why people talk about Gallo as if he's just a 3-point guy. But he's definitely more Dirk than Frye. And he's 21, competitive and improving. Noah is OK but he's as good now as he will be in 3 years. As for the pg, Rose is great... and a waste of talent and cap space if teamed up with LeBron. There's a reason LBJ, Kobe, and MJ have never played with a top pg.... they don't need one. The offense will always flow through their hands. Douglas is more than capable of bringing the ball up, hitting the open shot, and playing solid d. Chandler is talented, as is Walker, and should have big years with a dominant player to free them up a bit. Lastly, you can't kill D'Antoni unless you want to kill mgmt for putting them in the running for James."
:agreed:

I agree 100 percent! Let's face it. If he leaves Cleveland it's to go to NYK and knowhere else. Financially they are in a better situation then any other team right now. No one else can say that they can afford 2 max free agents this year and 1 max next year. The big problem however is will he leave Cleveland and I really don't think he will, unless he really believes he has no chance to win the the Cavs. Idk, all we hear is speculation everywhere and sources and blah blah blah. I can't wait for all this to just end.

yanks26ngoin

Benchwarmer
my point exactly, the more i think about it the less i want him. Cant wait to build a team that ousts him every year. first piece is already set, Amare Stoudemire.:cool:

Why wouldnt you want him? Because hes dragging his decision out? He just finished his meetings yesterday! Give the man time to think! This is a life changing decision and he is one of the best players in the league. I am sure if you were in the same boat as he is in, you would be doing the exact same thing. Gah. He maybe egotistical, but this has nothing to do with ego yet. You should want him to drag out the decision. If he made the decision yesterday, I am pretty sure it would be to either A) stay in Cleveland or B) go to Chicago, since those presentations were fresh in his memory. Give him time to talk over it with Mav and Leon, and gather their input. And let him think about it. Sure Mav may not want him in NY because he fears it could hurt his pull since he is really only known in Cleveland. We dont know what Leon or WWW thinks, or really we dont even know what Mav thinks. All we have is speculation. Ultimately though this life changing decision is not Mav's, Leon's or WWW's or LBJ's family to make, it is LeBron James' decision to make. Give him time.

All I know is that I hope that in the end, he chooses to be apart of the Knicks.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Why wouldnt you want him? Because hes dragging his decision out? He just finished his meetings yesterday! Give the man time to think! This is a life changing decision and he is one of the best players in the league. I am sure if you were in the same boat as he is in, you would be doing the exact same thing. Gah. He maybe egotistical, but this has nothing to do with ego yet. You should want him to drag out the decision. If he made the decision yesterday, I am pretty sure it would be to either A) stay in Cleveland or B) go to Chicago, since those presentations were fresh in his memory. Give him time to talk over it with Mav and Leon, and gather their input. And let him think about it. Sure Mav may not want him in NY because he fears it could hurt his pull since he is really only known in Cleveland. We dont know what Leon or WWW thinks, or really we dont even know what Mav thinks. All we have is speculation. Ultimately though this life changing decision is not Mav's, Leon's or WWW's or LBJ's family to make, it is LeBron James' decision to make. Give him time.

All I know is that I hope that in the end, he chooses to be apart of the Knicks.

i dont like his arrogance off the court. on the court he's among my favorite players he just has personality issues that i dont like. and hey by all means he can take his time but all im saying is i dont see this as a lebron or bust for us. Amare's already doing his part in recruiting and we will add pieces around him we can build the team to oust james from the playoffs so why not? thats all in saying.

yanks26ngoin

Benchwarmer
i dont like his arrogance off the court. on the court he's among my favorite players he just has personality issues that i dont like. and hey by all means he can take his time but all im saying is i dont see this as a lebron or bust for us. Amare's already doing his part in recruiting and we will add pieces around him we can build the team to oust james from the playoffs so why not? thats all in saying.
Amare recruiting players that we would need to trade for to get for this season means nothing if we dont have the pieces to get them. SA apparently is unitnterested in anything the Knicks have to offer right now. And if there is a trade out there for us to get a top level PG either during the year or right now, and both Parker and Chris Paul are available, I would definitely rather have Chris Paul. Not only do I think he is better than Parker, he is also like 3 years younger.

Hey, LeBron can be arrogant off the court, but whats to say that he would be a bad teammate? He has a ton of friends around the league and his teammates in Cleveland seemed like they loved him.

metrocard

Legend
Because he challenged each team? That's called doing your due diligence, lol. If you're getting ready to join an organization and you don't ask the tough questions...you're a fool. The fact that he challenged each team to see where they stand means he doesn't really have his mind made up and he's weighing his options based on basketball related info.

Hell, even highly sought after high school recruits ask the recruiters and coaches tough questions if they're choosing between the likes of USC, Florida, Texas, etc. You don't just wake up one morning and say "eenie meanie miny moe" and pick one...at least if you don't if you have half of a brain cell and take yourself seriously.

Its arrogance.

This world is controlled by money, profit and exploiting people.

This whole LeBron thing just sounds like a business move rather than a basketball move.

This is why the NBA is going to go broke anyway, they overpay their athletes and baby them.

metrocard

Legend
You can say this about Wade-Bosh. Those tools are tweeting and having camera crews follow their every move throughout this enitre process. These are the cock teases....

As for Lebron, we really do not know what is true (from all the crap swirling around and "supposedly" from his camp lately).

I'll give him a pass until we get the real-deal on what went down.

Now, when I heard about the NIKE stuff (the Lebron '10 free agent tour line of shoes) I started to fret. Maybe he did have these grand plans for this Summer.... Maybe Lebron was/is fortune enough to have someone with common sense in his camp who talked him out of some extravagant perp walk around the country.

Maybe he was talked out of this for slefish reasons though, b/c his people want him to remain in CLE.

WHATEVER the reason and whatever the intent.... If it was Maverick Carter, his agent, his mother, or LJ himself.... Staying put in CLE, meeting with 2 teams a day for 3 days, taking the 4th to contemplate (and hopefully making a decision by Mon-Tue-Wed.... This is the smartest thing I've seen an athlete do in a while.

A stroke of genius. He was all biz about this. Short and sweet too! I can do nothing but offer credit to LJ for how he's handled himself.

I kinda hate Bosh, Wade, and LeBron.

I really do.

I'm a Knicks fan, what do you want me to do?

I hate the Raptors, Heat and Cavs.

When I think of those teams, I think of Bosh, Wade and LeBron collectively.

Its going to take me 5 years of seeing them play for another team for me to forget their past colors

This is why I hated Isiah so much. He acquired a lot of ex-bulls players.

Its just the nature of being a fan.

I honestly rather suck, then sell this franchise to LeBron James and we'll be his bitch.

This is team basketball...no man is greater than at team.

I want to see Donnie build a team...LeBron is way too "King" and "Dictator" like to have in New York. I just don't like the guy and its going to take a while for me to get use to him in NYC...he has to earn his orange and blue, just like Wade and Bosh. I favor Lee over all of them because Lee has already pledge his allegiance to the Knicks, and has worked hard as a player; his development credits his hard work.

Iono...I maybe the only one who feels like this.

flknickfan

Benchwarmer
The meeting was yesterday, and I think he is deciding what team on Wednesday. But what money could they possibly have to discuss? He is getting a max contract. I do think that the fact the Knicks reportedly got a second meeting with LeBron's reps could be really good news.

My fault I saw Wednesday somewhere else.

Yes its max but how you structure the max and incentives are part of it. E.g. does it split evenly, front load, or backload; things like that. Bottom line;

I HOPE ITS WHAT I THINK IT IS.

flknickfan

Benchwarmer
The fact that we got a second one tells me that LBJ maybe impressed that we were first of the teams he met to lock up a big boy. It hopefully shows that we mean business.