Official LeBron James Thread

flknickfan

Benchwarmer
LeBron did not attend this 2nd meeting. Im not sure how to read into this.

If they are talking numbers he does not need to be there. Wade only went to his because he needed "to clear up some things". sometimes the agents are the only ones involved. Alot of this boils down to parameters, which athlete can really dig into the complexities of these things?

I BET that Amare's contract was well hammered out before he stepped foot in NY.

We'll see

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
wow...

You know at first I didn't want to believe it, but the more I hear the more I believe that there is some truth to the report that Lebron was unimpressed with the Knicks meeting a few days back. I held out hope for this guy actually coming to NY for so long, but I think I am finally giving up. I know maybe the Knicks could prob have a good team in 2-4 years, but I guess I was just woo'ed like everyone else on how much better Lebron is compared to all the other NBA free agents. The Knicks have been bad for this past decade and can never make the playoffs, and u know I really don't think Stoudamire by himself will get us back in. Stoudamire is a great player, but Lee was also very good and I have a feeling he is going elsewhere. It saddens me as a once bigtime Knick fan to say this, but if the only big name the Knicks get is Stoudamire and we lose Lee in the process, i'm done. I'm done with basketball. And I don't want to hear this nonsense that the Knicks will pick up these 2nd rate players or whatever. Everyone is talking about getting Parker and Melo here to play with Stoudamire, yet knowone has come up with a realistic trade to get even one of them here. So what now it's all about 2011, is that the Knicks new pitch to the fans? I mean jeez what are the Knicks gonna do get rid of their next 5 years of draft picks to get Melo. Haven't we been through this before. I tell ya, I'm gonna continue to tune into this free agency thing to see how it all plays out, but if the Knicks can't get LJ or Wade, I'm done.

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
You know at first I didn't want to believe it, but the more I hear the more I believe that there is some truth to the report that Lebron was unimpressed with the Knicks meeting a few days back. I held out hope for this guy actually coming to NY for so long, but I think I am finally giving up. I know maybe the Knicks could prob have a good team in 2-4 years, but I guess I was just woo'ed like everyone else on how much better Lebron is compared to all the other NBA free agents. The Knicks have been bad for this past decade and can never make the playoffs, and u know I really don't think Stoudamire by himself will get us back in. Stoudamire is a great player, but Lee was also very good and I have a feeling he is going elsewhere. It saddens me as a once bigtime Knick fan to say this, but if the only big name the Knicks get is Stoudamire and we lose Lee in the process, i'm done. I'm done with basketball. And I don't want to hear this nonsense that the Knicks will pick up these 2nd rate players or whatever. Everyone is talking about getting Parker and Melo here to play with Stoudamire, yet knowone has come up with a realistic trade to get even one of them here. So what now it's all about 2011, is that the Knicks new pitch to the fans? I mean jeez what are the Knicks gonna do get rid of their next 5 years of draft picks to get Melo. Haven't we been through this before. I tell ya, I'm gonna continue to tune into this free agency thing to see how it all plays out, but if the Knicks can't get LJ or Wade, I'm done.
when donnie came in is said summer of 2010 and 2011 its a process he has done a lots for us in two years my man

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
yeah..

I understand what you are saying, but can you honestly say that if the Knicks only come out with Stoudamire that it was a sucessful free agency for them, after all that was promised for 2010. I know they said its a process, but they also said they were going to make a splash in the 2010 free agency. What splash? Idk maybe I'm speaking ahead of myself. Reports say Lebron's people had a 2nd meeting with the Knicks - Lebron so I guess that is good news. There is still a little hope we can get him I guess, and for all the Knicks fans that say they don't want him anymore, u r crazy. I would take him any day of the week, over anyone else out there.

yanks26ngoin

Benchwarmer
I understand what you are saying, but can you honestly say that if the Knicks only come out with Stoudamire that it was a sucessful free agency for them, after all that was promised for 2010. I know they said its a process, but they also said they were going to make a splash in the 2010 free agency. What splash? Idk maybe I'm speaking ahead of myself. Reports say Lebron's people had a 2nd meeting with the Knicks - Lebron so I guess that is good news. There is still a little hope we can get him I guess, and for all the Knicks fans that say they don't want him anymore, u r crazy. I would take him any day of the week, over anyone else out there.

No doubt. I guess the 2nd meeting helps our cause, and if it was for contractual explanation, which probably just could be done over the phone, means that the Knicks have a real shot here. Now, Id feel even better if I hear that D'Antoni, Walsh, Dolan and Houston are heading to Ohio again, but I still feel the chances of that happening are slim. I really think that LeBron will stay in Cleveland.

flknickfan

Benchwarmer
So Mr ford spoke to DW who denied having a meeting tonight, but did not deny yesterday.

Its ESPN so who knows with them.

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer
I can't wait until LeBron signs here and shocks the world- So Chris Broussard and every other NBA analyst that says that there is no chance for him to land in NY, can suck it.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
where will everyone end up?

Just curious, based on how the free agency has played out so far, where do you see Bosch, Wade and Lebron ending up now since it seems to change every 5 min :).

Suss

Rookie
From Chris Broussard: Chris_Broussard
NYK's plan to have Amare and next yr Carmelo has intrigued LeBron. Not saying NYK is frontrunner (they're not) but they're gaining ground

Makes me sick. ESPN are a joke. They were all but laughing off our chances with LeBron. Now they are trying to save face and pretend they have their finger on the pulse. It's not as if it wasn't common knowledge that we had the cap potential to be a player on the free agent front in 2011.
I don't know about anyone else outside of Knick fans, but I have always felt that we had the next best chance after the Cavs to sign LeBron. ESPN have done nothing but prove how inept they are.