Official Let Lee Go Thread.

Red

TYPE-A
Your irrational hatred has lead you to quote and give props to a Craptor fan who is here solely to bash the Knicks. Further in your obsession with vindicating your original post you are speculating on what we will sign Lee for without a shred of proof. It's quite sad...

Wow.. Trill I thought I was the one "ranting" while you were Mr. Calm and rational.

First, take your panties out your butt.

Second, all I did was give props to a well put rebutle. I haven't seen this poster say anything derogatory about me or you. I thought all opinions were welcomed. I guess that's only *the ones that are on par with yours. Relax!

Next, IMO... I agreed w/ him, and I felt he didn't say anything that wasn't true. So....

Finally, yes I, like MANY OTHERS INCLUDING YOURSELF , are speculating what Lees contract demands will be. Your point is well... pointless and contradictory at best- just heated irrationality.

Hate is such a strong word. Its more like I'm not affraid to say how I feel, as conflicted as I sometimes am. Plus I can be extreamly logical and view things from multiple perspectives.

While others just listen to the "conditioning and drivel" produced by blinded homer-fandum! Its a gift.

Lee and Gallo are over-rated in my opinion. I could be wrong (so could you) but to get all defensive is a bit much- considering our performance don't u think?

I'll tell you what. Make a CONCRETE (unambiguous) prediction about Gallo and Lee and we will revisit the topic at your convenience. K?

Here's mine... Lee will not be retained unless there is no one else. He will never be able to play D. And he won't be a major contributor on a playoff team yet if he's a Knick his salary will be right near (where it shouldn't).

Gallo is a bench/role player. Will always be lmited and fragile.

Last edited:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Wow.. Trill I thought I was the one "ranting" while you were Mr. Calm and rational.

First, take your panties out your butt.

Second, all I did was give props to a well put rebutle. I haven't seen this poster say anything derogatory about me or you. I thought all opinions were welcomed. I guess that's only *the ones that are on par with yours. Relax!

Next, IMO... I agreed w/ him, and I felt he didn't say anything that wasn't true. So....

Finally, yes I, like MANY OTHERS INCLUDING YOURSELF , are speculating what Lees contract demands will be. Your point is well... pointless and contradictory at best- just heated irrationality.

Hate is such a strong word. Its more like I'm not affraid to say how I feel, as conflicted as I sometimes am. Plus I can be extreamly logical and view things from multiple perspectives.

While others just listen to the "conditioning and drivel" produced by blinded homer-fandum! Its a gift.

Lee and Gallo are over-rated in my opinion. I could be wrong (so could you) but to get all defensive is a bit much- considering our performance don't u think?

I'll tell you what. Make a CONCRETE (unambiguous) prediction about Gallo and Lee and we will revisit the topic at your convenience. K?

Here's mine... Lee will not be retained unless there is no one else. He will never be able to play D. And he won't be a major contributor on a playoff team yet if he's a Knick his salary will be right near (where it shouldn't).

Gallo is a bench/role player. Will always be lmited and fragile.

It was a shitty rebuttal buy a poster who was using it to bash the team you are a fan of. Quoting him and giving props when he is bashing our team is something I as a fan would never do. His opinon is welcome but to quote it as a Knicks fan is another thing...SMH. It's clear he initially came here to troll but as of late has toned down the flame-baiting.

Look, no one knows what will happen next year but Lee is def not currently overpaid. Further he is a solid choice at PF for the right price. You are discounting all his skills and accomplishments based off of him being weak at D and more pointedly being abused by Bogut last night.

KingCharles34

All Star
Would Lee be as effective on offense playing power forward? Lets remember that hes got centers defending him now, and usually power forwards are a little quicker on their feet then centers are. Lee's been scoring different ways, including even taking the ball to the hoop. His jumpshot can still get better but what it all comes down to, what this thread is really about...should we or should we not re-sign Lee? The threadstarter doesnt think so.

What do I think? It all comes down to how much money he wants and what other free agents are interested in us. I kinda think its pointless to talk about this now. As far as this summer is concerned, we can't plan ahead, we have to improvise as things happen. Im probably leanin a little more towards lettin Lee go just because of all the other free agents available, but its too soon in my opinion, to come to a definite decision.

smokes

Huge Member
If we can get Bosh we can surely let Lee go. I'd much rather have Bosh + Lebron/Wade + a defensive C, especially since I don't really think David Lee is a big enough incentive to pull in a superstar.

Not a great deal of choice in the 2010 free agency market. But I reckon Camby is due a return to the big apple. He might be old but his defense is still good.

Rodriguez
McGrady
Lebron
Bosh
Camby

That's a pretty damn solid starting 5. Of course it's all speculation but the whole Knicks future is speculation at this point.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I really think those of you that keep bringing up why people root for him is b/c he his white is getting very old.Im starting to think thats the main reason some of you don't like him and want him traded is b/c he is white.I hope im wrong BUT if that is the case that you guys want him off the team then I would be ashamed.

This guy has worked his ass off and played his ass off for his team and us the fans.He plays with more effort than half of the players in the NBA yet some on here want him gone.I understand what you are saying about giving him a 13 million dollor contract but when you keep bringing the color of his skin up every other day then thats were I draw the line b/c that should'nt have nothing to do with anything..

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
Lee is a top 5 PF in the league. He is playing out of position and is not a great defender. The rest of his game is all star level. High FG%, elite rebounder, ambidextrous finisher, hard worker, high basketball IQ and way above average passer. What we need is an "Official Sign a Center" thread to pair alongside Lee.

P.S. Lee > Amare

co sign :agreed:

KingCharles34

All Star
off topic, but im surprised Lee didnt make the all star team as a starter...i woulda thought he would get alotta votes from white people :police: :invisible:

Red

TYPE-A
Lee > Amare...?

I don't know a GM in the league that would take Lee over Amare.

The past few seasons, teams were vying to acquire Amare NOT Lee. With his cheap contract, you would think the potential playoff teams would be tripping over themselves to get Lee.

It's so obvious Lee is a product of the system. Look at HIS offensive numbers, then look at OUR offensive numbers and it becomes clear.

We gave up 94 points by the end of the 3rd. Any idea how many posessions that is? It's simple...

Quicker shots = more posessions = more opportunity for the P&R which gives Lee a clear path to the basket & more missed shots for rebounds. = Lee's inflated stats.

Here's the REAL deal:

Sure Lee is good around the basket, sure he can make a lay up. But with those gaudy stats what happened at the end of the game?

Well, the defense tightened, they thwarded the P&R (as most good def. teams will) Lee was forced to go to his post move- he was rendered useless.

What's really sad... is some of you support scoring, run & gun, no DISCPLINE, and you know we need defense- its obvious you can't win by giving up 94 pts in the 3rd.

But since Lee is your boy, we can ignore the fact his stat sheet is filled WITH THE WRONG TYPE OF #'S.

At an affordable price he's a role player, at 10-12 mil... he's invisible to me.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Lee > Amare...?

I don't know a GM in the league that would take Lee over Amare.

The past few seasons, teams were vying to acquire Amare NOT Lee. With his cheap contract, you would think the potential playoff teams would be tripping over themselves to get Lee.

It's so obvious Lee is a product of the system. Look at HIS offensive numbers, then look at OUR offensive numbers and it becomes clear.

We gave up 94 points by the end of the 3rd. Any idea how many posessions that is? It's simple...

Quicker shots = more posessions = more opportunity for the P&R which gives Lee a clear path to the basket & more missed shots for rebounds. = Lee's inflated stats.

Here's the REAL deal:

Sure Lee is good around the basket, sure he can make a lay up. But with those gaudy stats what happened at the end of the game?

Well, the defense tightened, they thwarded the P&R (as most good def. teams will) Lee was forced to go to his post move- he was rendered useless.

What's really sad... is some of you support scoring, run & gun, no DISCPLINE, and you know we need defense- its obvious you can't win by giving up 94 pts in the 3rd.

But since Lee is your boy, we can ignore the fact his stat sheet is filled WITH THE WRONG TYPE OF #'S.

At an affordable price he's a role player, at 10-12 mil... he's invisible to me.

You couldn't have said it any better. It's clear you understand the intricacies of basketball.

This is the biggest reason why Lee wasn't and still isn't worth his 10-12 mil asking price. If you understand basketball, then you will get this.
:beer:

Red

TYPE-A
You couldn't have said it any better. It's clear you understand the intricacies of basketball.

This is the biggest reason why Lee wasn't and still isn't worth his 10-12 mil asking price. If you understand basketball, then you will get this.
:beer:

Real talk my G... Real talk.

The thing I hoping for the most is Donnie realizes this and won't hand out undeserved/overpriced contracts, nor support this joke of a coach.

Even if it makes him look bad for hiring him. Defense wins, guys like Lee with his stats actually are part of the problem...

I look forward to solutions.!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Lee > Amare...?

Yes when you factor stats, salary, age and injuries it's clear Lee is the better choice. Amare would be lost without Nash.

With his cheap contract, you would think the potential playoff teams would be tripping over themselves to get Lee.

Lee is an unrestricted FA at the end of this season. No team is going to trade away value in order to rent Lee for 1/2 a year. The only teams that I could see doing that would be a championship contender that feels Lee would put them over the top. I don't see any team that fits that criteria AND has expendable talent with expiring contracts. Trades go two ways and Walsh refuses to take on salary. It's not hard to see why Lee wasn't traded...

Dude...again, the system people reference is SSOL. We have not played SSOL since the early part of the year. We are now only returning to it because we lost what little size and defense we had. Please stop parroting this talking point that hasn't been relevant for months. Lee is having a career year and putting those numbers up in a traditional offense centered around the pick and roll and spreading the floor in half-court sets. He was also getting his numbers alongside the worst starting PG in the league. Think about where his numbers would be with a competent distributor and a scorer who can command a double team.

Yes, we all know that we suck right now. It's a product of no star, new players and no hope of a playoff birth. Yes T-Mac has the potential to be an all star again but has yet to regain his game. At this point Lee is the best player on the team and he is a second option, not a super star caliber player that can dominate nightly. (and no , I never claimed he was)

Well, that can happen to most players and most plays and is not a reflection of Lee's lack of versatility. His jump shot is getting better every day, he can finish with both hands and he has heart. Remember he is playing out of position with a supporting cast that contains no one who can command a double team. If Lebron was there Lee would be putting up monster numbers since Bron gets doubled and can pass so effectively. Lee's bball IQ will allow him to feed off of the situations a player like Lebron creates.

If you think these games over the last few days are an accurate reflection of the run and gun system than that is your choice...I clearly don't. I look at a team that can't get to the end of the season fast enough.

I also never claimed defense wasn't important...neither does Dant who had us playing the best ball in years based on on our increased intensity on the defensive end. (that was before Duhon and Gallo disappeared into the ether) You are basically trying to pin all our woes on Lee's lack of D just to support your argument and it does not fly with me.

Wrong type of numbers? The dude is a 20/10 player and leads the league in assists for centers. He shoots at a high FG% and has a low turnover rate. WTF are you talking about? The only thing he lacks is D and that's a fact.

At an affordable price he's a role player, at 10-12 mil... he's invisible to me

This I agree with.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
If we can get Bosh we can surely let Lee go. I'd much rather have Bosh + Lebron/Wade + a defensive C, especially since I don't really think David Lee is a big enough incentive to pull in a superstar.

Not a great deal of choice in the 2010 free agency market. But I reckon Camby is due a return to the big apple. He might be old but his defense is still good.

Rodriguez
McGrady
Lebron
Bosh
Camby

That's a pretty damn solid starting 5. Of course it's all speculation but the whole Knicks future is speculation at this point.

Camby is old and fragile. He is not going to give you 30+ minutes every night for the entire season. In fact, I am a bit worried about T-Mac as well.

At least David Lee is durable. If we are going to trade Lee, we need to get someone who is not going to spend half of the season in rehab.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Lee for 9-10 mil >>> STAT for MAX. STAT is more athletic, but is more injury prone, and his jump shot is not as consistent as Lee's. STAT doesn't rebound all to well, and he's almost as bad of a defender as Lee.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Yes when you factor stats, salary, age and injuries it's clear Lee is the better choice. Amare would be lost without Nash.

Lee may be more cost effective but even without Nash to dish him easy layups, Amare is still much better than Lee offensively. On defense, it's a toss-up because Amare doesn't want to expend energy on defense and Lee is just not that quick to guard the opposing PF.

But I do agree that Amare is not worth the max money.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Lee may be more cost effective but even without Nash to dish him easy layups, Amare is still much better than Lee offensively. On defense, it's a toss-up because Amare doesn't want to expend energy on defense and Lee is just not that quick to guard the opposing PF.

But I do agree that Amare is not worth the max money.

Cost effective is the main issue here. Would you rather pay David Lee 10 million dollars or STAT the max?

Now Chris Bosh is a different story. If Bosh wants to come to New York, we offer him the MAX. Though I'd severly miss David Lee.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I am not sure how race got brought into this discussion about a guy coming into his own this year but here's my take: First hats off to David Lee for improving his game to this point so we even are having this discussion. Secondly, we both are from the Show-Me so I am pullin' for him. Thirdly, David Lee is exactly what the NBA needs: A homegrown whiteboy that can play. We have plenty in the Midwest. No need to go to Europe to get some guy whose name we can't pronounce just to fill NBA rosters with white players. I am tired of that reverse affirmative action plan the NBA has in place. I know Stern is trying to grow the game globally, but players brought in from other countries should be BETTER than our homegrown talent, white or black, or they should stay at home. Either way David Lee is a power forward playing center, much like Kurt Thomas used to do for us. If D'antoni would have drafted Lopez instead of his godson, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
This is a tough one.

I love watching david Lee scoring for us but would rather see him revert to power forward.

I am so tired of seeing opposing centres and forwrds almost walking into the paint and scoring at will. We absolutley must get a big man in the middle who can defend. Obviously it would be great to keep Lee as power forward and pair him with a big defensive centre. but, if we get two max free agents, one of them not being a defensive C, then we probably can`t afford to re-sign Lee.

So, if we can get our two max agents and get a defensive centre then regretably I say let Lee go.

I fear that our pursuit of two max free agents is masking the coach and GMs ability to see that we need someone to protect the paint.

If we get our two max free agents and Lee goes then who can we go for to give us that big defensive presence that we so desperately need?

Of course if our idiot coach hadn`t been a practiser of nepotism then, as Jim said, we could have had Lopez and the problem would be sorted. Lopez plus two max free agents would have given us some massive building blocks.

CoolClyde

David Lee is Allwhite by me!

David Lee is white? I thought he was an orange and blue beast.
davidlee4_th.jpg

I believe DLEE will be resigned for approx 10-11M, with an extra 1-2M if Knicks make the playoffs. He deserves it, he's been eating sh*t for years, and has been producing more and more each season. DLEE will be the cog in the wheel that enable our 1-2 Max FA's to produce at a higher level.
davidlee2_th.jpg

All DLEE haters harp on his lack of defense, but EVERYTHING ELSE he does (rebounding, passing into a fast break, massively improved shooting, and the ability to score around the basket) makes him a NY Knick MVP.
davidlee1_th.jpg

Even if LBJ/Wade/Bosh don't sign, this team will be MUCH BETTER, thanks to Donnie's handling of the cap space situation. DLEE will factor in with our improved squad.
I can't wait.
davelebronsmile.jpg

Go:gony: DLEE!

Last edited: