JayJ44

Starter
So now check the line-up with the addition of Tyreke:

pg- Tyreke Evans
sg- Wilson Chandler
sf- Danillo
pf- D-Lee
c- Eddy Curry

Duhon can go back to being a situational pg, Harrington is trade-bait, and N8 can still come off the bench for energy. Now you have a young team that could gun with the rest of them. I am not giving up on Eddy Curry because he is still a young guy as well. It has all come easy to him so far in his basketball career, hopefully last year was a reality check. Remember E-city has put up big numbers in an NBA uni. So if E-city is health and in shape, the cocks back is healthy, and we draft Tyreke, the Knicks are instantly playoff bound.

That would be a great lineup if Curry was out of it. First of all, Curry is too much of a fat slob to get into shape. He's probably gonna come to training camp this fall weighing just as much, if not more, than this season. The guy just doesn't care enough to put the work in.

Second of all, even if he was in shape, he shouldn't be starting. Offensively, he would ruin team chemistry. This offense is predicated on ball movement. Eddy Curry is predicated on giving him the ball in the low post, and have everyone watch as he gets a turnover off a 3 second violation. Defensively, he's a liability, as everyone knows. Terrible post defense, no shotblocking ability, and has never shown effort at that end of the floor.

Eddy Curry will never start for a NBA team again. That one season where he put up 17 points is because Isiah force fed him the ball on every possession. He should of traded him while he was overrated and his value was high, but he didn't. Now we're probably gonna be stuck with him.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
I would trade Wilson Chandler for The 5th pick AND Javale McGee... We might even toss in a Q-Rich or Larry Hughes? Who knows.

BUT, if the Knicks could come away with Curry, Evans or Flynn AND then snag Terrence Williams at 8... Who needs Chandler?

Curry, Evans, Flynn would be our PG and Terrence Williams our SG. Very nice combo for the future.

Anyway.... I'm beginning to think.... as long as the Knicks get one of these... I'll be content:

Curry, Evans, Rubio, Flynn, Williams

That's five guys. We should be able to do it.

If we can get another 1st rounder.... I be very happy!

D-Wade?? Please. This draft sucks. He's another tweener. Can't play PG and can't shoot worth sh*t.

yea tyreke does not impress me at all in terms of trading away chandler. chandler is a beast, and if you cant see it coming you dont know basketball, he does everything you want from a player in a knicks uniform, and he does it with class and respect for the game and the city.

smokes

Huge Member
I have no clue why half the people here want another first round pick... This draft is WEAK. It's full of half-decent PGs and roleplayers. If these guys were in any other draft in the last 5 years they would be late first rounders at best.

If you want to give away assets for a pick, get us a 2010 pick, since we don't have one. Not like we are going places in the 2009/10 season. Sure hopefully we will improve over this year but we aren't going deep into the playoffs for sure, so why waste trades on a 2009 pick in such a crappy draft class?

JayJ44

Starter
D-Wade?? Please. This draft sucks. He's another tweener. Can't play PG and can't shoot worth sh*t.

You obviously don't watch the games. You're just going purely off these draft websites. Evans is definitely not a tweener. He can play either PG or SG. He's 6'5 and strong as a bull, so he's obviously big enough to play SG. He's an excellent playmaker, and played well at PG for Memphis. A lot of players come into the league poor shooters, it's not a big deal. Shooting is something you can improve on with work. Plus, in workouts, he's been shooting lights out. Wade wasn't a great shooter when he came into the league.

Anyone who compares Evans to Crawford is a moron. Crawford is weak, can't penetrate to the rim, and terrible defensively. Evans is an elite defender, strong, and adept at getting into the paint and finish with contact. There really polar opposites.

jimkcchief88

All Star
That would be a great lineup if Curry was out of it. First of all, Curry is too much of a fat slob to get into shape. He's probably gonna come to training camp this fall weighing just as much, if not more, than this season. The guy just doesn't care enough to put the work in.

Second of all, even if he was in shape, he shouldn't be starting. Offensively, he would ruin team chemistry. This offense is predicated on ball movement. Eddy Curry is predicated on giving him the ball in the low post, and have everyone watch as he gets a turnover off a 3 second violation. Defensively, he's a liability, as everyone knows. Terrible post defense, no shotblocking ability, and has never shown effort at that end of the floor.

Eddy Curry will never start for a NBA team again. That one season where he put up 17 points is because Isiah force fed him the ball on every possession. He should of traded him while he was overrated and his value was high, but he didn't. Now we're probably gonna be stuck with him.

What is funny is that most everybody on this board thinks we need either a PG or a big man. Well guess what, we have a big man. Just because we are playing the so-called hurry up, you still need an inside presence. Its funny that you will defend a 19 year old with back problems before Eddy Curry, who has actually been productive in an NBA uniform. If Eddy can't get it together, great, there is only one year left on his contract. But if he gets it together he is one of the best centers in the entire eastern conference. They hired a trainer and a nutrionalist for him, hopefully it helps. E-city is still what like maybe 25 years old??? How about some of those Starbury excuses for E-city who is still a Knick the last I checked. E-city had more personal problems than any 25 year old should have to deal with. Once again you can't coach Eddy Curry's size and touch.

smokes

Huge Member
What is funny is that most everybody on this board thinks we need either a PG or a big man. Well guess what, we have a big man. Just because we are playing the so-called hurry up, you still need an inside presence. Its funny that you will defend a 19 year old with back problems before Eddy Curry, who has actually been productive in an NBA uniform. If Eddy can't get it together, great, there is only one year left on his contract. But if he gets it together he is one of the best centers in the entire eastern conference. They hired a trainer and a nutrionalist for him, hopefully it helps. E-city is still what like maybe 25 years old??? How about some of those Starbury excuses for E-city who is still a Knick the last I checked. E-city had more personal problems than any 25 year old should have to deal with. Once again you can't coach Eddy Curry's size and touch.

Actually he has a 2 year player option so really it's in everyones best interests if he picks it up and actually performs in some sense this season otherwise we are stuck with 12 million dollars worth of bench warmer.

It's true that while his defense is a liability (whose isn't on the Knicks) he has got an extremely good inside game and if he changes his ways which I highly doubt he could certainly be useful to us. I can understand why no one has any reason to believe he will, but we have to hope.

TunerAddict

Starter
Real shame Evans shoots so weird...

I think he has the athleticism and talent to be great, but I don't know if I trust his brain.

JayJ44

Starter

The 19 year old with back problems actually likes playing basketball. Curry is just a fatass who's in it for the money. He only ever put up numbers because he was force fed the ball in Isiah's dumbass system.

Don't hate on Starbury just because he's not from Chicago. He carried this team to the playoffs in 2003-2004 season, with one of the worst rosters in NBA playoff history. He was our franchise player, but he was never surrounded with the proper talent. But wtf does Starbury have to do with anything?

I find it funny that you will defend any scrub from Chicago even though you're supposedly a Knick fan. I mean honestly, does anyone else in the world still call Curry, E-City?

dave2138

Rotation player
I find it very interesting that Evans dominated the workout scrimmages in Minnesota against the other PG. According to the reports good defenders like Lawson/Flynn were overmatched against him. I think Evans can play PG at the next level and really have an overwhelming advantage offensively and defensively against smaller, weaker PG. There is no question if Evans and Curry are there at 8 that Evans is the better pick.

The debate before about Chandler and his projected offensive statistics...don't forget he has developed into a pretty solid defender that can guard the opposing team's best player at any time. So even though at best he should be a team's 4th or 5th best offensive starting option, he will make up for it on defense.

jimkcchief88

All Star
The 19 year old with back problems actually likes playing basketball. Curry is just a fatass who's in it for the money. He only ever put up numbers because he was force fed the ball in Isiah's dumbass system.

Don't hate on Starbury just because he's not from Chicago. He carried this team to the playoffs in 2003-2004 season, with one of the worst rosters in NBA playoff history. He was our franchise player, but he was never surrounded with the proper talent. But wtf does Starbury have to do with anything?

I find it funny that you will defend any scrub from Chicago even though you're supposedly a Knick fan. I mean honestly, does anyone else in the world still call Curry, E-City?

Don't hate on E-city just because he is from the CHI. Did you read Smokes post??? It would be good for everyone involved if E-city was productive. Keep defending Starbury, who was wearing CELTIC green after stealing 20 million from the Knicks last season.

dpryde

Benchwarmer

eddy curry will never start for a team again? WRONG, he may not start for us again but this guy has talent. hes easily better than some of the scrub centers out there.

JayJ44

Starter
Don't hate on E-city just because he is from the CHI. Did you read Smokes post??? It would be good for everyone involved if E-city was productive. Keep defending Starbury, who was wearing CELTIC green after stealing 20 million from the Knicks last season.

I don't hate on him because he's from a crappy city, I hate him because he's a fatass who's stealing money from us, and has the worst work ethic in the NBA.

Obviously it would be good if he was productive. Too bad it's not gonna happen.

If D'antoni wasn't so stubborn, Starbury would still be a Knick. He came ready to play and contribute, unlike other players who come into camp weighing in at over 300 pounds. But once again, wtf does he have to do with anything?

JayJ44

Starter
eddy curry will never start for a team again? WRONG, he may not start for us again but this guy has talent. hes easily better than some of the scrub centers out there.

:lol::lol::lol:

Talent doesn't necessarily get you anywhere. You need commitment and work ethic. Curry doesn't have either.

dpryde

Benchwarmer
and i like this thread, ive always been a fan of evans, and its true he compares to wade. but i dont see him being better than wade. wade is going to be on of the best SG ever to play the game. can we really say tyreke evans is going to best that? i think not. lets not forget how weak this draft is. i think evans career will be a not-as-good version as wade. thats still good but i just dont seeing him being flash. heres my predicted stats for him if he puts on a knicks uni

Rookie: 14.5 ppg 4.3 ast 4.2 reb
Sophmore: 16.9 ppg 4.9 ast 4.4 reb
3rd Year: 18.5 ppg 5.4 ast 4.5 reb
4th Year: 20.1 ppg 5.6 ast 4.5 reb

and him putting up stats similiar to that the rest of the way

dpryde

Benchwarmer
:lol::lol::lol:

Talent doesn't necessarily get you anywhere. You need commitment and work ethic. Curry doesn't have either.

good point but he has even talent, size and strength to beat out scrub centers. even in his terrible year with zbo he was putting up 13 pts and 6-7 reb. i know thats not good for a center playing for us (we want only the best) but lets not forget there are some centers who cant even put up 10 pts a game. curry cud def start for teams who need a minor offensive lift

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
damn i expected more ppl to be disgusted by the thought of tradin chandler for the 5TH PICK.....last year was basically his rookie season and he did quite well, not trading em for no 5th pick to draft steph curry who has no F#ckin upside

JayJ44

Starter
good point but he has even talent, size and strength to beat out scrub centers. even in his terrible year with zbo he was putting up 13 pts and 6-7 reb. i know thats not good for a center playing for us (we want only the best) but lets not forget there are some centers who cant even put up 10 pts a game. curry cud def start for teams who need a minor offensive lift

His defense is so bad, it makes the 10-15 points nearly meaningless since he gives up at least that much to the opposing center. Plus, he gets so many turnovers, that it makes him be an unreliable option on offense. His offense isn't enough to make up for his lack of defense, making him a 7th or 8th man at absolute best.

dave2138

Rotation player
ha Washington would never trade the 5th pick (Harden) for Wilson Chandler. Thats a terrible deal for them. The knicks shouldn't trade Chandler..he doesn't have much trade value and is more valuable to the knicks anyway.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
damn i expected more ppl to be disgusted by the thought of tradin chandler for the 5TH PICK.....last year was basically his rookie season and he did quite well, not trading em for no 5th pick to draft steph curry who has no F#ckin upside

Agreed...mostly. Stephen Curry is good, but not that good that he's worth giving up Wilson Chandler for. The only situation in which we should consider moving Wilson Chandler would be if we could get Ricky Rubio for him...don't get me wrong, I like Curry and he's a great pick at #8 but I don't think Curry is good enough to the point where we should consider dropping Wilson Chandler for him (especially since odds are we could still pick up an excellent guard with the #8 pick, why trade up to get a guard who's not THAT much better while losing Chandler at the same time)

Unless you really want Stephen Curry that badly...

Last edited: