Other NBA games and League

Broadway

All Star
I think the Raps actually have a chance to beat the Cavs myself but I think some are overlooking a potential grudge match should the Cavs draw Philly based on how teams finish in the standings. The Raps have a crack at Cavs Apr 3rd, which could be another gauge

Broadway

All Star
Donovan Mitchell scored 26 points with five rebounds, four assists, three steals and one 3-pointer during a 119-112 win over the Mavs on Thursday.

He carried his team late with some strong drives to the hoop. Mitchell's season is in rare air all time for scoring, and his 24th 25-plus point game tonight ties LeBron James for his rookie season. Mitchell does so much more than score and he's strung together nine straight games with at least one steal and one 3-pointer. He might be a second-round pick next year after being arguably the best add in fantasy during his rookie season.

(Rotoworld)

Great game from Mitchell, he does have one obvious flaw and that's 3pt shooting. So when we talk about players improving their game and growth from yr-to-yr this is where he can take his game to another level. Everything else about him is marvelous

mafra

Legend
Donovan Mitchell made 14-of-35 from the field for 35 points during a 124-120 overtime loss to the Spurs on Friday, adding two rebounds, three assists, four steals and four 3-pointers in 44 minutes.

He is some kind of special and single-handedly got this game to OT. He hit a 27-foot trey with 16 seconds left, dished to Rudy Gobert for an easy dunk with 10.6 seconds left, and hit a absurd pull-up trey as he sprinted the ball up with 3.6 seconds left (video in link below). He now has more 25-plus scoring games in his rookie season than LeBron James did and it's starting to feel like this stud is going to be among the league leaders for scoring very, very soon.

(Rotoworld)

It?s getting harder and harder to stomach this and not want to vomit. We had a shot at a transitional player to match with KP and we went safe and drafted another Charlie Ward. I guess the only solace is DAL raves about DSJ and they made a boner too.

tiger0330

Legend
I wonder what Magic does with IT and Lonzo. IT is clearly the better player at this point and Lonzo is no sure fire bet to be that franchise player the Lakers thought they got when they drafted him. He actually shot the Lakers out of that Pelican game, shooting an awful 2-15 1-12 from 3. Took too many 3s down the stretch in a close game that he missed and wasn't creating for his teammates or being a defensive stopper either. I wouldn't be handing over they keys to the kid any time soon if I were a Magic and would have some kind of backup plan in case Lonzo is a bust. IT is far from a perfect player but compared to Lonzo he sure looks a hell of a lot better. I see Lavar isn't talking trash any more about his kid, the reality has set in that he's a struggling rookie that has a lot to prove.

Broadway

All Star
I wonder what Magic does with IT and Lonzo. IT is clearly the better player at this point and Lonzo is no sure fire bet to be that franchise player the Lakers thought they got when they drafted him. He actually shot the Lakers out of that Pelican game, shooting an awful 2-15 1-12 from 3. Took too many 3s down the stretch in a close game that he missed and wasn't creating for his teammates or being a defensive stopper either. I wouldn't be handing over they keys to the kid any time soon if I were a Magic and would have some kind of backup plan in case Lonzo is a bust. IT is far from a perfect player but compared to Lonzo he sure looks a hell of a lot better. I see Lavar isn't talking trash any more about his kid, the reality has set in that he's a struggling rookie that has a lot to prove.

His 3pt shooting has been atrocious past half dozen of games or so but I believe this is the next step in the maturation process. The half dozen or gms prior to he was torching the nets up from beyond the arc

To be fair Lonzo does plenty of other things towards contribution in a game. He's a near triple double threat every 3rd game or so. This month he's averaging 2.5stls and a 1blk and for all the Knits talk about defense, this is most definitely another positive in terms of development. Ball is fine IMO. His dad is occupied with his brothers overseas while finally letting Lonzo do his thing. Ball is a stat stuffer and progressing in a natural way, just needs to get the jumper tighter

Broadway

All Star
Unreal what these two young phenoms are doing to close out the season...

Simmons posts a triple double against the Wolves who are jockying for playoff position themselves 15pts, 12reb, 13ast

Kiyaman

Legend
I watched the 76ers vs Denver Nuggets game it started off with some great ball movement n scoring by both teams .. The Nuggets guards Murray n Barton are a great tandem but the 76ers long bench depth plus adding #1 pick Fultz to the rotation gave them a big edge over the Nuggets. Don't be surprise if the 76ers become the East most upsetting team in the postseason to make it to the 2nd round of playoffs .. the 76ers starting 5 lineup Embiid Saric Covington Reddick n Team Leader Ben Simmons (ROY) has improve tremendously since November on their team-defense plus added a creative team-offense .. I like the 76ers PF Saric i would trade THJ and KP and a 2nd round pick just for Saric 2 way outstanding performance. Saric has showed consistency for 2 straight seasons. Saric will make a Big name for himself in the upcoming playoffs.

tiger0330

Legend
I watched the 76ers vs Denver Nuggets game it started off with some great ball movement n scoring by both teams .. The Nuggets guards Murray n Barton are a great tandem but the 76ers long bench depth plus adding #1 pick Fultz to the rotation gave them a big edge over the Nuggets. Don't be surprise if the 76ers become the East most upsetting team in the postseason to make it to the 2nd round of playoffs .. the 76ers starting 5 lineup Embiid Saric Covington Reddick n Team Leader Ben Simmons (ROY) has improve tremendously since November on their team-defense plus added a creative team-offense .. I like the 76ers PF Saric i would trade THJ and KP and a 2nd round pick just for Saric 2 way outstanding performance. Saric has showed consistency for 2 straight seasons. Saric will make a Big name for himself in the upcoming playoffs.
I agree, Embiid has to stay healthy, Knicks having their way under the basket with him out. Ilyasova and Bellinelli give them more shooting for the playoffs. They will make it to the second round.

tiger0330

Legend
I agree, Embiid has to stay healthy, Knicks having their way under the basket with him out. Ilyasova and Bellinelli give them more shooting for the playoffs. They will make it to the second round.
Embiid out for the rest of the regular season with an orbital fracture after his collision with his teammate Fultz. They were battling the Pacers for 4th and whether they wind up 4th or 5th their opponent would have more than likely have been the Pacers. Huge part of the team and if he misses the first round games, obviously diminishes the chances the Sixers get out of the 1st round.

mafra

Legend
What a disaster huh... Rook doesn?t play all year, returns for a few games only to knock out team?s best player for rest of season. If Embiid doesn?t get playoff experience it?s a lost season for PHi.

Kiyaman

Legend
Bulls win in ORL. 8th spot back in play for Knicks.

Embiid out for the rest of the regular season with an orbital fracture after his collision with his teammate Fultz. They were battling the Pacers for 4th and whether they wind up 4th or 5th their opponent would have more than likely have been the Pacers. Huge part of the team and if he misses the first round games, obviously diminishes the chances the Sixers get out of the 1st round.

Both 76ers and Pacers has been an unpredictable winning team this season .. on any given night both teams 76ers and Pacers performance has moved to the next level when playing the top 10 winning teams in the league having the strong leadership of Ben Simmons or Oladipo running the show ..
Embiid resting the remainder of the regular season could be the 76ers boost to win the first round of the playoffs when Embiid is healthy to play half of the games in the first round. Plus having Fultz back in the lineup to lead the point for 18 to 20 minute per game could turnout to be the 76ers winning weapon in the postseason games

mafra

Legend
Calderon starts and scores 19 vs TOR... this is probably as many points as our lottery pick scored in all of March combined.

I?m trying to hold out some hope... but Knits looks like Shump 2.0

tiger0330

Legend

Sixers 13 game win streak 7 w/o Embiid. He was on the bench and he looks good, black eye and still under the concussion protocol but no return date as of yet. He's itching so he could return for the first round if he's cleared. I

Bellinelli, Ilyasova nice pickups for them and Fultz coming off the bench gives them depth and experience for the playoffs. They control their own destiny and will nail the 3rd seed if they win out their remaining games. Equal records with the Cavs gives the Cavs the edge in the tIebreaker, teams are 2-2 with the Sixers win last night. Next tie breaker goes to a division winner and Cavs lead their division right now.

Simmons is phenomenal, ROY over DM in my book. Hard to believe that a guy that can't shoot esp in the modern NBA could have such an outsize impact on his team but he does.

Last edited: